Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Rincewind posted:

Vriska's ghost vanishing before Meenah's eyes, maybe.

Or, through some strange twist, Meenah's ghost vanishing before Vriska's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I'm having this magnificent epiphanic vision of Equius leading everyone else into battle on horses (a detail Jane omitted due to Eq's Void powers) as Horschestra plays. A mighty trail of sweat flows in their wake.

Equius defeats the Condesce with a single arrow, straight and true, through the heart.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.
Those of you looking for significance in Jane’s description of the mystery person have missed some pretty obvious hints. It’s Miss Paint, you guys! Consider these lines:

quote:

JANE: The leader of this fresh coterie was not one to be brushed aside easily - their presence served as a palate cleanser for the whole of Paradox Space, leaving the timeline a blank canvas.

JANE: Torpid time would once again begin to flow, coursing through unpredictable pathways, old outcomes and new separating like oil and water!

JANE: Finding her best-laid tactics confounded, the Condesce seemed ready to do an acrylic loving pirouette off the handle. She had thought no one could dispute her designs on the universe, and now this newcomer’s demurral had her flat against the wall, soon to be stripped of her power.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I still feel like it's Vriska, especially if Jane thinks the leader was the one who killed her.

Killing someone trying to do the right thing without giving them a chance to explain themselves sounds exactly like something Vriska would do.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

lotus circle posted:

I still feel like it's Vriska, especially if Jane thinks the leader was the one who killed her.

Killing someone trying to do the right thing without giving them a chance to explain themselves sounds exactly like something Vriska would do.

More appropriately, Vriska would be perfectly placed to send Jane to sleep before she knows what's happened.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bongo Bill posted:

Everybody is going to be the hero in the end.

They better pose as a team. How many years has it been? I remain hopeful.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Two Inch Bee posted:

Those of you looking for significance in Jane’s description of the mystery person have missed some pretty obvious hints. It’s Miss Paint, you guys! Consider these lines:

Hell, I'm sold.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Izzhov posted:

I'm having this magnificent epiphanic vision of Equius leading everyone else into battle on horses (a detail Jane omitted due to Eq's Void powers) as Horschestra plays. A mighty trail of sweat flows in their wake.

Equius defeats the Condesce with a single arrow, straight and true, through the heart.

"And thUs, Her ImperioUs Condescension was strUck down by the hero of Void, letting oUt one last gasp and screeching...
YO T)(IS IS SOM-E STRAIG)(T OF S-EA)(ORS-E S)(IT"

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I wonder if the references to "Curtains" mean anything:

quote:

JANE: You see, Callie, your historical documents make no mention of the leader of the raid, because originally, the curtains closed early on this plucky customer.

quote:

JANE: When the curtains finally closed, this time, their leader would make sure everyone was standing on the right side of them.
JANE: That is to say, the side any interested onlooker would be able to witness.

I am thinking that the reference might not just be colloquial, especially since it is repeated twice in slightly different contexts.

Since curtains are used in the narrative itself, I think that "the curtains closed early" means that whoever the mystery leader is, their death or disappearance was one that involved a panel with curtains on it.

And "the curtains finally closed..." line could refer to the last panel of the gigapause, where the curtains closed on the characters, and the Condesce's ship was the only thing outside of the curtains.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Izzhov posted:

I'm having this magnificent epiphanic vision of Equius leading everyone else into battle on horses (a detail Jane omitted due to Eq's Void powers)

That's actually a good point, even though it's Vriska.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

They better pose as a team. How many years has it been? I remain hopeful.

It's hard to imagine that after all that's happened, poo poo has not yet gotten real enough for that.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

It's hard to imagine that after all that's happened, poo poo has not yet gotten real enough for that.

The problem is that they've never been together, in person, on screen long enough to pose as a team.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

nothing is real

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am real.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I am real.

Nice try, brain ghost.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Only a couple of updates before the next hiatus. I really hope we find out who this mystery person is before then, it'll be a real pain to drag out the wondering only for it to turn out to be Vriska anyway.

Although nothing will top waiting a year to find out how poo poo will go down only for everyone to end up dead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dolash posted:

Only a couple of updates before the next hiatus. I really hope we find out who this mystery person is before then,

I will bet you any amount of money (as long as it's 0$ or below) that the hiatus will begin on either the panel before the person is revealed or with a Problem Sleuth "It's....... my god..... IT'S....." callback gag.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Update is up.

It answered nothing we are questioning right now, but it was glorious.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I often forget

But Sol is great

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hello sollux emoticon, my old friend

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
My heart is so full of joy right now

I think the best part is how Karkat so transparently wants to hang out with John but can't express it without basting it in rage first.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I'VE ALREADY GOT MINE! IT'S THE FIRST NUMBER THERE IS. AN ANGRY, TREMBLING DIGIT, TOWERING AND ERECT, POINTING DIRECTLY AT THE TRASHFACED KINGPIN OF INEXPLICABLE HORSESHIT HIMSELF, *GOD*!!!!!
It's been a second since we had a good Karkat meltdown.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
For a minute, it seemed to tease us that John was going to still be on the meteor, but it seems like he is leaving.

So the mystery will continue...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Then he gets back to the future and EVERYONE'S DEAD.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
mods please change my name to PERMANENTLY HATE-SOILED JERKOFF TROUSERS

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mutha.

fuckin.

shenanigans.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sollux you can't wear shades on top of goggles, it just doesn't work.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This update was loving fantastic and so is Sollux, because he knows what's up.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Action Shakespeare posted:

mods please change my name to PERMANENTLY HATE-SOILED JERKOFF TROUSERS

Same, but poo poo INFANT

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This is like the sixth time Karkat has 'joked' about making GBS threads himself out of fear or hate. Dude must go through a lot of laundry.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
:allears: I missed Karkat.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
oh Karkat how I missed you

I think Sollux has just taken your place as best troll though, sorry man

Sollux will be the mysterious leader, either him or one of the other trolls, or possibly a human or cherub, or possibly Hussie himself. I would bet money on this, calling it now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Karkat is still best troll. That is all.

Edit: The shenanigans line wasn't even funny, what the gently caress, people?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

God drat, I think this might be the angriest Karkat has ever been. Someone make a gif of his background rage-dancing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

JOHN: (lmao.)

I think this is my favorite part of the update because how do you lmao in a hushed voice. Unless John literally said 'lamaow' in which case god dammit John

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's pronounced like elmo duh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tollymain posted:

it's pronounced like elmo duh

Only when Roxy says it though, when it's spelled correctly it's either 'lamow' or 'lamayo' depending on what part of the world you're from.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Who What Now posted:

Karkat is still best troll. That is all.

Edit: The shenanigans line wasn't even funny, what the gently caress, people?

It doesn't have to be funny, it's great because there's a character that immediately grasps exactly what's going on with zero explanation needed, automatically making him awesome...not that everyone else's utter confusion wasn't adorable and all.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I forgot Karkat died the second the gigapause resumed, so we haven't gotten a primo, grade-A Karkat ragegasm in nearly forever. Karkat Vantas, best kid forever and for always, no matter how great John or Roxy or Good Vriska can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

CJacobs posted:

Only when Roxy says it though, when it's spelled correctly it's either 'lamow' or 'lamayo' depending on what part of the world you're from.

eelmao