Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Tim Kalpakis
Mike Mitchell
Dave Ferguson
Mike Hanford
Jeff Dutton
Chris VanArtsdalen
Matt Kowalick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Well now that I've seen a bunch of names copy pasted from wikipedia I know which goofy ironic white guy is which.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

EPISODE #329- Too Much Tuna Tour
Guests: Nick Kroll, John Mulaney

Oh my god yes

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh my god yes

:shlick:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scott busting Nick's balls about closing his show is just great.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh my god yes

Nice!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Well it's Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown. We're going to Inglewood now. Everybody do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink at a club. Then go walk in front of Chinese Theatre. Hollywood facts. Take out your diiiiick. Check out the facts it's the Hollywood facts. Bro.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh my god yes

Did a fist pump this morning when I saw this. HUMP POD

Beeez
May 28, 2012
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this is awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I wish PFT showed up to every episode just to comment on the catchphrase.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

tnimark posted:

Well it's Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown. We're going to Inglewood now. Everybody do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink at a club. Then go walk in front of Chinese Theatre. Hollywood facts. Take out your diiiiick. Check out the facts it's the Hollywood facts. Bro.

There was a moment in the American Football episode where someone said "Nice." like that and some part of me expected Hollywood Facts to start playing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The funniest joke of the episode was the one about Hulu being a legitimate competitor to Netflix.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There was some good news for any internet trolls who didn't like the Mulaney show too. You really hurt his feelings!
A lot of inside-chat and I really liked it, but not as good as when they had Lizzy Caplan to annoy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah it didn't reach the high points that some previous appearances had, but was really enjoyable overall.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
I was dying when they were making fun of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

"We're gonna have two a week because we know that well won't run dry"

Mulaney was killing it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

KidVanguard posted:

I was dying when they were making fun of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

"We're gonna have two a week because we know that well won't run dry"

Mulaney was killing it.

Yes, they clearly weren't talking about WTF at all

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Yeah ok that makes sense. Not doing research seemed to apply to both.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Holy poo poo when they were making fun of the improv mural I died. The thing is ugly as gently caress.

E: For reference: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151664368800743.1073741831.44789855742&type=3

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 13, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The one American Football guy who was a fan of the show was an unexpected bright spot for me, I love when he asked Anders Holm how much money he made.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Loved that takedown of Bob Zmuda at the end. I remember when he was on as Tony Clifton and you could tell Scott and Ben were doing their best to be game with his comedy but then there was that palpable cringe when he decided to do a unmistakably racist, old school black joke. Probably the weirdest tonal miscast on the show.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Holy poo poo when they were making fun of the improv mural I died. The thing is ugly as gently caress.

E: For reference: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151664368800743.1073741831.44789855742&type=3

Look at Mordecai Sanchez's av

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

that's a beautiful mural. gently caress u.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Politicalrancor posted:

Look at Mordecai Sanchez's av

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

that's a beautiful mural. gently caress u.

Ha. The mural came up before. Was it on the Todd Glass Show?

It isn't great though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is the loving dolphin supposed to be a performer? Or is that the Improv's mascot or something? I sat here for 10 minutes trying to remember a comedian nicknamed the Dolphin.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Omnishambles posted:

Ha. The mural came up before. Was it on the Todd Glass Show?

It isn't great though.

I think it might've been Who Charted, I kinda remember Howard Kremer complaining about the dolphin

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

IIRC the dolphin is not the Improv's but the mural artist's personal mascot, which is of course awesome

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you think that mural is bad, it's nothing compared to that "Robin Williams in Heaven" Billy Crystal script they mentioned. Holy God, I didn't know Billy could do anything worse than his Katrina material, but here we are.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

If you think that mural is bad, it's nothing compared to that "Robin Williams in Heaven" Billy Crystal script they mentioned. Holy God, I didn't know Billy could do anything worse than his Katrina material, but here we are.

I'll counter that garbage with Billy Crystal getting hit in the face with a foul ball, which Robin Williams then snags in his first ever trip to a ball park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANcYDEModGM

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Did Robin Williams constantly say "don't be afraid"? I don't remember that. Anyway, that's the craziest thing I've ever read the beginning of and then skimmed the end of because it made me so uncomfortable.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So I discovered that certain shows on Netflix have these really detailed ratings. And to be honest, if I was a parent these really specific details are 10000% more helpful than "some sexual content." But this still cracks me up:

Also I think it's awesome that consumerism is up there with violence.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

"Your rear end is a tit"!??!?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

My little butt?!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

So I discovered that certain shows on Netflix have these really detailed ratings. And to be honest, if I was a parent these really specific details are 10000% more helpful than "some sexual content." But this still cracks me up:

Also I think it's awesome that consumerism is up there with violence.

How do you get to that? Just tried clicking on the ratings box on a couple of shows pages and it just took me to a "How does Netflix decide the maturity rating on movies and TV shows?" page.

e: Nevermind, it's farther down the page!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I was on John Gemberling's IMDB and he played a character on a Matt Besser web series named Robot With The Very Pleasing Voice. The origin story of Little Button Puss......???

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

This is meant ironically, and to be humorous.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I don't know when my tenuous grip on sanity will finally snap, but I know it will be brought on by someone saying "Nice!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

erezaka posted:

Nice!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

erezaka posted:

It's very smart. And very funny.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I just watched season 1 of the tv show. I can only describe it as 'fever dream'. The pacing is so fast compared to the podcast. I'm not sure if I'm on enough drugs to enjoy it, but it sure is something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I've watched three seasons of the tv show and I'm still not sure if I like it or not, the tv version just never clicked for me the same way the podcast did.