Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Watching Directs live owns. Like the time I watched that Japan-only Direct in August and got to see Shulk's Smash Bros trailer while everyone in North America was asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you live somewhere not EST you should've learned by now to convert instinctively in your head.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Oh come now, guys, time zones aren't that hard.

Interesting choice to pin the thread. Hopefully we don't get too many uncute visitors during the Direct.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Ultigonio posted:

Oh come now, guys, time zones aren't that hard.

Is that why the OP still says 9 PM PST? :v:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, I guess that sounded dumber than it was. And I have no real good response now either. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo. They're the ones that actually come up with the most new and innovative stuff in the home console market of today. I have absolutely zero interest in any of the other current gen consoles and care even less when stuff is announced for those.

But, like, the Directs... I don't know. I just never really feel like it's anything I have to watch, even if there's the chance of something new and incredible I'm highly interested in revealed there. There's certainly been stuff like that in the past. I guess I just don't really put importance in seeing it the moment it gets revealed vs seeing it on Youtube a few hours later, without watching the whole Direct. Because I know there's also a bunch of stuff getting revealed or new footage shown of there that I, personally, don't really care about.

I understand the appeal, I just can't get myself excited over it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Artix posted:

Is that why the OP still says 9 PM PST? :v:

oh my god please kill me

e; it's fixed now but my confidence remains shattered

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 14, 2015

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Regy Rusty posted:

If you live somewhere not EST you should've learned by now to convert instinctively in your head.
Here in the best continent, we get the times given in GMT and CET so it's very easy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Come for the cute. Stay for the time zone chat.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's on at 1am Thursday here and I have nothing to do on Thursday itself, can't wait to stay up and watch this :dance:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I dunno if we talked about it (or if we even need to) but that 4chan screenshot is certified bullshit™

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

noirstronaut posted:

I dunno if we talked about it (or if we even need to) but that 4chan screenshot is certified bullshit™

Aren't 4chan leaks usually spot on, though? I'd still put a tiny sum of money on something Metroid related.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
It's probably bullshit for two reasons.

- There's a poster floating around the internet showing the New 3DS launching in NA on Feb 13.
- Game Freak have said that they didn't include the battle frontier intentionally, saying it was too big for kids or something. I doubt they would add it as DLC.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Has there ever been a real leak? So many broken promises and nerd tears, every single time.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The Smash leak was real.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I should have been more specific, I'm talking these leaked memo and "I saw this" type leak, not ESRB stuff.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Champeenship posted:

- Game Freak have said that they didn't include the battle frontier intentionally, saying it was too big for kids or something. I doubt they would add it as DLC.

Godfuckingdamn you game freak

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Lemming posted:

The Smash leak was real.

One out of like a thousand "leaks" was real and it was the one backed up with tons of screenshots and even some video.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What happened to the guy that leaked the Smash stuff anyways? It's so weird to throw away your job for like 10 minutes of internet fame

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Raserys posted:

Godfuckingdamn you game freak

It's a business decision kind of thing. Only a really small amount of the huge playerbase really cares about the battle facilities, so why spend money on them?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I know why, but that doesn't stop me from hating it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I could type out a whole bunch of poo poo here and I'm certain some of it will be true.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Bloodborne on Wii U

loving CALLED it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

katkillad2 posted:

I could type out a whole bunch of poo poo here and I'm certain some of it will be true.

No, the smash leak was 100% real and had tons of screenshots and video and other stuff that was all legit. Probably the only real leak I've ever seen.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

enojy posted:

Aren't 4chan leaks usually spot on, though? I'd still put a tiny sum of money on something Metroid related.
The only leak I've seen off 4chan (not coming from another source) that was real was, I believe, a leak of the DS Lite a day before its announcement.

I've definitely seen developers, artists, and other professionals do AMA-esque talks on 4chan, but that's different.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Austrian mook posted:

No, the smash leak was 100% real and had tons of screenshots and video and other stuff that was all legit. Probably the only real leak I've ever seen.

Let me change that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsRm8M-qOjQ

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Champeenship posted:

- There's a poster floating around the internet showing the New 3DS launching in NA on Feb 13.

More importantly, GameStop confirmed that the poster is real.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

A Big... Dog posted:

Bloodborne on Wii U

loving CALLED it.

Halo 5 Wii U exclusive. Calling it now.

(Yeah the chances are nearly zero, but... what if I'm right??)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I should have been more specific, I'm talking these leaked memo and "I saw this" type leak, not ESRB stuff.

I remember Mario Maker stuff coming out a few days before E3

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Big... Dog posted:

Bloodborne on Wii U

loving CALLED it.

No one wants this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

A Big... Dog posted:

Bloodborne on Wii U

loving CALLED it.

givin up all my spirit energy for this so I don't have to get a ps4

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A Big... Dog posted:

Bloodborne on Wii U

loving CALLED it.

is it going to have a captain olimar skin

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'd rather have it on PC.... but I'd take it. Pay the big bucks Nintendo, make it happen.

Anime Curator posted:

is it going to have a captain olimar skin

Yes

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

codenameFANGIO posted:

No one wants this.

But but who doesn't want the totally awesome Dark Souls fanbase suddenly buying Wii U's?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

codenameFANGIO posted:

No one wants this.

I don't know why PS4 owners would even want it. Or why anyone would want it. In general.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I'd rather have it on PC.... but I'd take it. Pay the big bucks Nintendo, make it happen.

Yes

Good news but I am still on the fence. February cannot come soon enough

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really it should be the 3DS thread that gets stickied. Tomorrows Direct is focused mostly on that system.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I said come in! posted:

Really it should be the 3DS thread that gets stickied. Tomorrows Direct is focused mostly on that system.

yea but kewpuh doesnt read or care about the 3ds thread :shrug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome! posted:

yea but kewpuh doesnt read or care about the 3ds thread :shrug:

3DS is far more important to Nintendo then the Wii U will ever be.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well pm him if you care then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

3DS is far more important to Nintendo then the Wii U will ever be.

Calm the gently caress down

• Locked thread