Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

alphabrawl posted:

I commend your efforts; I can't fill my sock to the extent that you are. I still have around 3m experience to go, mainly in prayer and construction.

How'd you do the wc portion? Did you chop and drop, or did you bother with banking? I've been working up the care to get to 68 for ivy, but ugh. It's so lame.

For WC i started around 50, did maples till 60 by banking them (it was a lot more afk than drop as i get them and it was right next to a bank) then did arctic pines with the drop method till 68, and duck walked my way to 75 with ivy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
As mentioned, OSRS is a isolated wasteland if you plan on playing it cause I think it's just Poopsocker and me that ever pop on these days, it's only really good for the nostalgia. If you want to play with goons though, Legacy Mode is the way to go as Hoppeduppeanut mentioned.

Now, as mentioned in clan chat:

Bonus from the same moron:

Speaking of clan chat, I'm really glad that Goonscape prides itself as being one of the most mature MMO clans of Something Awful, as proven here:

Wildy brawlers + rocktail bubbles + bonus xp = insane XP. If anyone else has brawlers and wants to join in, let me know so I'm aware of you and we can get lots of xp together!

Posting this for posterity so I remember how many tasks Augster has actually done.

Jagex servers are being utter poo poo lately. In fact, the game in general is. See:

Elf City. For some reason, it's a horrible underwater blurfest, and only in Elf City.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Example of correct Runescape UI when doing boring poo poo.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Speaking of farts...

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
>>2015
>>Not playing in client

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Why would I use a standalone client when I'm already using my browser to look @ the wiki and do other poo poo, it's much more convenient this way.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Read posted:

Why would I use a standalone client when I'm already using my browser to look @ the wiki and do other poo poo, it's much more convenient this way.

because the client performs way better than the browser version and you get more screen space for UI customisations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I have such fond memories of this game back when it was 2.5d. It's a shame that 90% of content now is behind a paywall.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Dizz posted:

I have such fond memories of this game back when it was 2.5d. It's a shame that 90% of content now is behind a paywall.

This is kind of an inevitability with the cost of server maintenance & content production. That or really rampant microtransactions, people complain about the in game purchase stuff in RS but it's a lot worse in other games.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Dizz posted:

If the paywall you mean is membership it's needed so the game actually strives, without the game making money it would die.

If you don't mean membership then what paywall is stopping 90% of the content.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Pretty cool that you can buy these bond things now. I always semi-felt silly for paying real money to fish virtual fish. Lemme guess, bonds are worth like 100mil gp though? Or are they fairly easy to earn?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Bonds are something like 9 million right now. There's so much free daily money available, you can make that 9 mil every 14 days with like a half hour of running around collecting your easy money (assuming you meet a few basic requirements, like 50 runecrafting and a few easy quests completed). That's not even counting the high income skills like farming and combat/slayer.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Dizz posted:

Membership is well worth it in my opinion. The quests are stellar, with little to no fetch quests. It's a fun game to diddle about in, and right now its the most accessible its ever been with armor/weapons from levels 1-70 being cheap and t80 weps/t-85 armor being "free" (not including time cost)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
"Stellar" is overstating it when you look at stuff like RotM or WGS, but they're decent in general comparison to most MMO quests.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

"Stellar" is overstating it when you look at stuff like RotM or WGS, but they're decent in general comparison to most MMO quests.

What. Ritual of the Mahjarrat and While Guthix Sleeps are the best quests to come out in years, are you high or something?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

GuyUpNorth posted:

"Stellar" is overstating it when you look at stuff like Elemental Workshop 3 or Mourning's End Part 2, but they're decent in general comparison to most MMO quests.

Fixed that for you. :colbert:

And he tells me I have a baaaaad examine!

Koreaboo or actual Korean? Want to say first but examine text says second~ Good-Bye

If you've ever wondered about what sort of :sparkles:~girl talk~:sparkles: goes on between Endy and me when no silly boys are around, wonder no more!

And finally... three new Sims come into my neighborhood, eager to be in an adventure.

They seem familiar... who are they??

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

What. Ritual of the Mahjarrat and While Guthix Sleeps are the best quests to come out in years, are you high or something?

They're stellar by comparison to most MMO quests, but in the grand scheme of "good games" they're still pretty meh. I'd call stuff like Journey stellar, not Runescape quests.

(seriously though if you have a PS3 or a PS4 go get and play Journey. It's incredible)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Substitute "compared to" in there. Few easy puzzles and boss fight, in the past we had to trek halfway around world!

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Themata posted:

They seem familiar... who are they??

Is the first one Mod Mark?

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

Read posted:

Example of correct Runescape UI when doing boring poo poo.

As a Runescape Gray Beard, how can I get my UI to look like this? These new dongles and thing-a-ma-jigs confuse me.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Exps posted:

As a Runescape Gray Beard, how can I get my UI to look like this? These new dongles and thing-a-ma-jigs confuse me.

Oh I mostly posted that to show how I had the video overlayed with MPC, but my UI setup is Kari's from the OP with some very minor alterations. You can set yours up like that by hitting esc in game, clicking edit and then dragging stuff around (be sure to shrink the "3D World" box to however big you need it to be so you don't hide the world behind your inventory and stuff).

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love the classic layout interface pre-set but I run 2650x1440 and it's tiny.

Most of the text is tiny on my screen and goonscape kindly instructed me that that's no way to increase font size :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

simosimo posted:

I love the classic layout interface pre-set but I run 2650x1440 and it's tiny.

Most of the text is tiny on my screen and goonscape kindly instructed me that that's no way to increase font size :(

Oh no. You'll miss out on so many important conversations.

:ohdear:

~fartz~

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
:(

Curse this crispy clean resolution

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Don't stand around lumbridge for longer than you have to or you attract people like this apparently.

2 hours later without responding at all:

allta fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 13, 2015

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Pina Coladas posted:

Is the first one Mod Mark?

Yes.

So OSRS is doing a Quality of Life updates poll, and these are some of the highlights:

I think Question 8 is just a jab at RS3's lovely force pubbie text system, and I like the shitlords voting in Question 3. Free bank space? Hell no, WE PAY WE SAY.

e:

(Horse) Laaaadiessss :smugmrgw:

Themata fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 13, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

allta posted:

Don't stand around lumbridge for longer than you have to or you attract people like this apparently.

G C G 7

Or alternatively G C L 6

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

allta posted:

I find it funny how your response to him asking what you look like is 5 months pregnant and it still doesn't deter him from pursuing you creepily online. It'd be like hitting on one of your friend's moms.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

How Rude posted:

I find it funny how your response to him asking what you look like is 5 months pregnant and it still doesn't deter him from pursuing you creepily online. It'd be like hitting on one of your friend's moms.

In fairness, it turned more into Hinze chatting with him after asking if her baby was a boy or girl, other than to explain he came onto Runescape because he had a hankerin for a pankerin :pervert::bigtran::pervert:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
so is OSRS getting a GE?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SleepingPizza posted:

so is OSRS getting a GE?

Yes, but it's crippled by requiring the other side to confirm the transaction, rather than automatically being processed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Please tell me there's no drawbacks to this. Because this just made divination super easy to grind.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

In fairness, it turned more into Hinze chatting with him after asking if her baby was a boy or girl, other than to explain he came onto Runescape because he had a hankerin for a pankerin :pervert::bigtran::pervert:

I thought I could get him to admit to botting or something else interesting but it wasn't as interesting as id thought and after the last comment I just put him on my ignore and put private chat to friends.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes, but it's crippled by requiring the other side to confirm the transaction, rather than automatically being processed.

lol. so its a GE except incredibly slow and people can still make troll offers... Pointless.

widespread posted:

Please tell me there's no drawbacks to this. Because this just made divination super easy to grind.
I made a psot about how to do it a while back. no drawbacks, just insane xp and a 20min buff after to your div training.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SleepingPizza posted:

lol. so its a GE except incredibly slow and people can still make troll offers... Pointless.

Much like 07scape in general.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

Wrong. The full-featured Grand Exchange is being polled right now, per this Dev Blog. If it passes the poll, we get a GE identical in function to the RS3 one.

VVV Only failing by 0.7% right now, and slowly trending towards the 75% pass threshold. The results were at ~72-73% yes when the poll launched, and the poll runs until the 18th.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 14, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Soulhunter posted:

Wrong. The full-featured Grand Exchange is being polled right now, per this Dev Blog. If it passes the poll, we get a GE identical in function to the RS3 one.

If.

It already failed to pass several times before.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Yeah, the yes votes seem to be slightly beating the no votes as they add up so far:

Honestly Jagex should just say gently caress it and pass it anyway even if it fails by 0.01%, cueing the dark era of the 0.01% being neglected.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

I made a psot about how to do it a while back. no drawbacks, just insane xp and a 20min buff after to your div training.

The only problem with Caches is the timing is kind of a pain in the rear end because it's once every three hours. That said, if you can do twice a day for like three months you can get 99 Div painlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Themata posted:

Honestly Jagex should just say gently caress it and pass it anyway even if it fails by 0.01%, cueing the dark era of the 0.01% being neglected.

Agreed, spamming chat in lagging crowds/chasing down pubbies to buy/sell things is tedious as hell. Returning the Grand Exchange to the game will be a welcome modernization.

Even if this poll fails, the options for the backup poll more or less offer a World of Warcraft auction house and that's still a huge step up from the current standard.