Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pondex posted:

Dang, son.

Honestly when it gets cold enough for a 2kg sweater, style doesn't matter as much as survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

Lucky, I could only afford a 1970s condo and thought "well eventually they'll renovate the common areas" but no 10 years later is still looks like an English castle (Tudor style with asbestos in the stucco, yay!).

Luckily trees almost completely cover the outside

That exterior owns

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

SgtScruffy posted:

Got a Fitbit Charge HR now that they're out, except in Black. Hopefully throwing money at a New Year's Resolution means I'll stick with it!

Let me know how this goes. Can you get random phone alerts to it? I lost my pebble and so am looking for a replacement and this is way up on on the list.

edit: By random alerts I mean things like tweets or whatever.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Probably the best piece of knitwear I'll ever own. It weighs about 2kg.

This is gorgeous.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This will never go out of style because it'll never be in.

I thought I was in Male fashion thread 16: You call that a fit, bro? "I only posted that ironically." for a moment there.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Yay work bonus!

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

IslamoNazi posted:

Let me know how this goes. Can you get random phone alerts to it? I lost my pebble and so am looking for a replacement and this is way up on on the list.

edit: By random alerts I mean things like tweets or whatever.

No - for the Charge HR you get phone caller ID, but that's it. They released a more advanced one as well that you can get texts and such called the Surge (https://www.fitbit.com/cart?productId=501001).

And I'll give updates whenever the hell it ships - the website initiall said it was backordered for 2 weeks, but I ordered it last night and it says "Processing, ready to ship."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Lucky, I could only afford a 1970s condo and thought "well eventually they'll renovate the common areas" but no 10 years later is still looks like an English castle (Tudor style with asbestos in the stucco, yay!).

Luckily trees almost completely cover the outside

Good call closing on a condo in the most bloated market in a country that's about to get Dutch deceased into a deep recession.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PCOS Bill posted:

Nah, the faux rock works with the style. It's the arrowslit windows that ruin it to me.

I like the house, it reminds me of the cool military housing from the fifties that I used to see when I visited relatives as a kid.

But narrow windows are never a good thing. It seems like every loving house gets made with horrible narrow windows now. They must be super cheap or something. Pity they also look super lovely.

Of course, it could be worse - it could be the dreaded 'three horizontal windows' that houses were being built with a few years ago.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Huh, both of those pictures look really nice. That first house looks dope as gently caress.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Bip Roberts posted:

Good call closing on a condo in the most bloated market in a country that's about to get Dutch deceased into a deep recession.

"Honey I've got some bad news. We have to sell the condo. "

"What, why?"

"It's the Internet. A forums poster laid down some harsh truths about how we may not have bought our house in the right market at the right time, and I have been owned. "

"But this is where our families live!"

"It doesn't matter, he said we're about to get Dutch deceased. "

"Well that's not a phrase. "

"I know, but he said it with such attitude. Tell the children to pack their toys, we're moving."

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

He meant dutch disease I think: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_disease

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

This has been my favorite peanut butter since I went to the nyc shop. I think the world trade center was still standing so I guess I'm too old to be eating pb&j all the time but gently caress it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bip Roberts posted:

I didn't say I bought recently, I was replying to someone who did with my own experience. I bought 10 years ago, have paid off $80,000, seen the value go up $60,000, and unless Vancouver stops being a top 5 sea port in North America I'll be ok. I'm not in some lovely inland suburb with no tangible value, I live on the north shore, near the Pacific ocean where you will never get a condo for under $200k even after it does pop - and you're right, it probably will pop. Thanks for your concern.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

Got a Fitbit Charge HR now that they're out, except in Black. Hopefully throwing money at a New Year's Resolution means I'll stick with it!

The little party the fitbit does when you hit your goal is a surprisingly good motivator. I end up doing a few more laps around work if I am yet to hit it each day.

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010
I started a new job last week - it's a big step up from my old position and in a much fancier company. To celebrate, I bought my first designer bag. Deadly Ponies is based locally in New Zealand, they use gorgeous deer leather and it's so soft.

For Christmas, I got a little sampler of Chloe fragrances, but I also suddenly remembered that 4711 cologne exists. According to Fragrantica, it was launched in 1792. It's really mild and fresh, slightly citrusy. It's also surprisingly cheap - like NZD$35 for 90mL. Possibly something to do with how dilute the scent seems?

There are also all these cool variants on the original 4711 fragrance. Blood orange and basil seemed right for the hot summer we're having here, but I like the sound of mandarine and cardamon or melissa and verbena as well.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Custody of my daughter.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

Congrats! :3:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Congratulations. :)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

You win.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

You're choice of thread makes me giggle.

"I'll pay $50 for the girl!"

But seriously, congratulations. I know these things are expensive, arduous processes.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

Congratulations. :3:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

Ha ha loving awesome :)

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Hope that's not a Saddleback

Please tell me why saddleback is bad I just received the same one in the darker brown and was going to buy a laptop bag for my husband. He really likes them and I'm wondering what the deal is. It's a decent chunk of change so enlighten me.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Please tell me why saddleback is bad I just received the same one in the darker brown and was going to buy a laptop bag for my husband. He really likes them and I'm wondering what the deal is. It's a decent chunk of change so enlighten me.

Nothing about them is bad except they're expensive. The bags rocks. Hi5 bag buddy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They switched to using scrap leather last year and put out a BS marketing video saying it was more "genuine" and gave the bags more "character", despite the fact that those marks in leather compromise the integrity of the whole piece. Translation; we're raising prices yet again, buying cheaper materials, and making bags that don't look as good and won't last as long. Their bags were great quality and value when they were ~$300 using quality pieces, but $500+ for their new "quality" is pretty poo poo. Your brand new bag can and will have scrapes, marks, scars, etc, and they won't exchange it because that's their "style" now. Their quality control seemed to have poo poo the bed at the same time. On top of all this, the owner turned into the biggest douche in the leather business. If you could buy a good condition used one from about ~2 or more years ago, then sure, grab one, but don't support their new crap.

For example; http://imgur.com/a/WgSDB

and here's the video where he tries to sell this poo poo as being "leather with character" instead of what it really is, insulting to anyone that knows anything about leather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHkdvBKliG8

If you're still not convinced, try swallowing this logic;

Some good alternatives that aren't full of poo poo;

http://www.customhide.com/

http://farhorizontraders.com/

http://www.marlondoleather.com/

http://www.leydenandsons.com/

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Jan 13, 2015

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Nice stuff, thanks for the links.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

BCM KMR Mod 3 shorty vertical foregrip for my rifle.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

My first tube amp. Holy crap, the notes sing.

Also, found good prices on used

Delay Pedal
and

Phaser Pedal.

Turn on my amp and all my pedals now and it sounds like going through a loving time warp.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Bottom Liner posted:

They switched to using scrap leather last year and put out a BS marketing video saying it was more "genuine" and gave the bags more "character", despite the fact that those marks in leather compromise the integrity of the whole piece. Translation; we're raising prices yet again, buying cheaper materials, and making bags that don't look as good and won't last as long. Their bags were great quality and value when they were ~$300 using quality pieces, but $500+ for their new "quality" is pretty poo poo. Your brand new bag can and will have scrapes, marks, scars, etc, and they won't exchange it because that's their "style" now. Their quality control seemed to have poo poo the bed at the same time. On top of all this, the owner turned into the biggest douche in the leather business. If you could buy a good condition used one from about ~2 or more years ago, then sure, grab one, but don't support their new crap.

I got one back in 2011 and was very interested to hear why it was a lovely bag because it has worked out amazing so far...but I'm glad to see that's not the case. No marks on mine at all when I received it fwiw.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, the change came mid 2014. You got a good one before they went kooky.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hooray for Barnes & Noble gift cards!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

Huh, both of those pictures look really nice. That first house looks dope as gently caress.

This is my all time favorite peanut butter!

I got this recently and its awesome:

So much rooooooooommmmmmn

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

I bought this as a way to make smoothies in the morning, pretty over powered for my needs. I got it as a replacement for a black and decker blender that lasted TWO days.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Super good, but super depressing.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

I bought this as a way to make smoothies in the morning, pretty over powered for my needs. I got it as a replacement for a black and decker blender that lasted TWO days.

I accidentally left a lovely walmart spoon in the blender and it blew out a chunk of the pitcher across the room. Good blender otherwise

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Flaggy posted:

I got this recently and its awesome:

So much rooooooooommmmmmn
I bought this last week too, it should get delivered tomorrow. Can't wait. Does it really have as much room as it says it does?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

If you're just making morning smoothies, I got one of those one shot blend and go mini blenders that was suggested a few pages back. Sooooo much more convenient and clean than the whole big blender deal

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Night Danger Moose posted:

I bought this last week too, it should get delivered tomorrow. Can't wait. Does it really have as much room as it says it does?

I've been using the backpack version for the past couple years and it's never let me down. It is so big and comfortable that I end up carrying stupid poo poo I will never need, but that and the decal are my only complaints. I ended up unstitching it since I don't play board games, and people would come up to me talking gibberish thinking I did.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We just got the Ninja Kitchen System and its fantastic. Big blender, two single cup blenders, and the 8 cup food processor. Best wedding gift. It handles ice and frozen berries like they're water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Night Danger Moose posted:

Pretty much what the guy above me said. Except I didn't unstitch mine, I haven't been asked about it yet but in my line of work it's only inevitable.