Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Podcast is up.

Gundam Build Fighters's First season is Hype as poo poo. It's basically gundams fighting in brutal robot fights where basically plastic gundams fight each other until they grind each other into melted plastic. And the Gundam staple Masked Ace is a huge loving nerd. Even if you don't give a poo poo about gundam it's real good.

Also, the soundtrack loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The very first scene of the first episode is all you need to explain Build Fighters season 1, and why it's so god-drat amazing.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

CJacobs posted:

This also annoys me a bit about Pat. Being the lore guy is really cool and all, but being the lore guy does not work when you want to make sure everyone is constantly aware that you are the lore guy begging to be asked for information about the story of a video game.

During the Dark Souls 2 LP I was so glad Pat couldn't stick with his decision to stop giving advice and just talk about the lore from then on. A little bit is fine, but he tends to get too into it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

I know what I'm watching after hunter x hunter, try is the 2nd season? Is that any good?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I like when pat is the receiver of lore. Not that is the only reason why I love the prison break lp, but him being baffled at every word about the show was great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This Hearthstone segment is loving dark.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pat telling liam not to use the flower tab/jar killed a part of me inside

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
According to the podcast. It's not gonna get better for awhile!

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

This podcast changes the answer to the question "Is Pat addicted to crack?" form "What is wrong with you?" to just "No."

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tae posted:

I like when pat is the receiver of lore. Not that is the only reason why I love the prison break lp, but him being baffled at every word about the show was great.

Prison Break was great for his descent into a babbling rage as the stealth mechanics kept changing and made less and less sense. :v: The fact that the plot was also awful was the icing on the cake.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Depths posted:

I know what I'm watching after hunter x hunter, try is the 2nd season? Is that any good?

The second season honestly starts out pretty weak, but it has been getting steadily better.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Matt, I'm really digging the new LPs and their different tones. Moving in new directions, have you ever considered an lp with commentary done entirely in post or an lp where the co-commentator switches out every few episodes?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Glad you guys are liking the new LPs. Sorry if I've been gone for a while, but the NMH stuff has alot of editing and extra work put into it. I cut out pretty much all the grinding in the game, and just focus on the boss fights. You don't want to see me just trying to pony up the cash for swords or getting lovikov balls. The only episode you'll see of that stuff is the one going up tonight. I explain what's up in Santa Destroy, and do a side job or two, and that's pretty much it for the open world.

I also go into the DLC portion of the game, along with explaining the New Game + and everything. The entire thing is 12 parts, which, when you think about it, only two parts extra aside from the regular 10 boss fights you'd expect in such a LP of the NMH. The PS3 version was neat to go through (I've owned it for a while, but never played) but it definitely has some problems, and some slight advantages over the Wii version.

The Silent Hill 2 LP is super interesting as well, and our second session of recording it, I feel, went even better. It's definitely a breath of fresh (old?) air after having to sludge through Evil Within.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

My only suggestion for the No More Heroes videos would be to reenact all the cat training mini-games with Zach.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Rhonne posted:

My only suggestion for the No More Heroes videos would be to reenact all the cat training mini-games with Zach.

Make sure to stick around for the last part then.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Make sure to stick around for the last part then.

Yessss!

Also, someone should tell Liam and Woolie that they're adding Triple Triad to FFXIV. Or don't, you might never see them again if they find out.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I love the Friendcast story about Pat blighting himself by starting Hearthstone

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

There's gonna be so much Star Wars fan nerd rage over Woolie confusing Shaak Ti and Ahsoka Tano :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Genetic Toaster posted:

There's gonna be so much Star Wars fan nerd rage over Woolie confusing Shaak Ti and Ahsoka Tano :allears:

all togruta look alike to woolie

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
In the title card for the Mario RPG, why is Princess Liamstool touching Patsers arse? And why does he look so unhappy about it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is this a new age of mobile gaming coverage by the Super Best Friends?!

For real though you should suggest Kingdom Rush to Pat, and maybe try it yourself. It's the only tower defense game I'll play outside of Orcs Must Die, great for bus rides and such. The F2P stuff is entirely optional, being "more gems for powerups" which aren't necessary, and more hero characters, which is absurd(like 3 bucks for a single hero) and don't really matter because each game tends to have a good free character anyways. Frontiers might be a better place to start than the first one if you're new to the genre.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/kingdom_rush_frontiers/b/ios/archive/2013/06/06/better-in-every-way.aspx

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
After listening to the Hearthstone segment, Pat needs to just go back to WoW. Embrace it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Depths posted:

Yeah, Try is the second season. It's decent, and is getting better as time goes on, but the first season is so good. Like, I'd totally recommend it to people who aren't even Gundam fans.

And if you're a lapsed Gundam fan: Build Fighters is full of old designs, but remastered.

And Ramba Ral shows up, completely unexplained, repeatedly, with no other job but to give exposition. :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 13, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Glad you guys are liking the new LPs. Sorry if I've been gone for a while, but the NMH stuff has alot of editing and extra work put into it. I cut out pretty much all the grinding in the game, and just focus on the boss fights. You don't want to see me just trying to pony up the cash for swords or getting lovikov balls. The only episode you'll see of that stuff is the one going up tonight. I explain what's up in Santa Destroy, and do a side job or two, and that's pretty much it for the open world.

I also go into the DLC portion of the game, along with explaining the New Game + and everything. The entire thing is 12 parts, which, when you think about it, only two parts extra aside from the regular 10 boss fights you'd expect in such a LP of the NMH. The PS3 version was neat to go through (I've owned it for a while, but never played) but it definitely has some problems, and some slight advantages over the Wii version.

The Silent Hill 2 LP is super interesting as well, and our second session of recording it, I feel, went even better. It's definitely a breath of fresh (old?) air after having to sludge through Evil Within.

Did you consider doing post-commentary for NMH? I don't know exactly why, but I think it'd have suited what you're going for with that LP.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Someone tell Woolie or Pat to try Nuclear Throne since they both like Luftrausers and Ridiculous Fishing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can vouch for how addictive that game. And don't be fooled by the "early access" tag, it's probably the least deserving of that thing on Steam.

It's funny, I really couldn't care about Game of Thrones as a show no matter how hard I tried but this playthrough has been rather nice so far, despite my misgiving on Telltale. I find myself actually caring about all these characters I have no idea about. Is there another side I'm not seeing that makes it all worse or is it actually alright?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

It's funny, I really couldn't care about Game of Thrones as a show no matter how hard I tried but this playthrough has been rather nice so far, despite my misgiving on Telltale. I find myself actually caring about all these characters I have no idea about. Is there another side I'm not seeing that makes it all worse or is it actually alright?

Just like a thing, don't be afraid to say you like it without worrying that you might not like it later. You are right to think it is good, it's probably the best first episode of any game TT's made.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm baffled by the podcast. I got the WindWaker special edition with the Ganondorf statue and my Ganondorf statue looks amazing. Liam trash talking it was super confusing, did Canada get a different one?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hahaha, Pat with Blizzard's marketing taking him hook, line and sinker and then his cab to Japan story. Holy poo poo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

Hahaha, Pat with Blizzard's marketing taking him hook, line and sinker and then his cab to Japan story. Holy poo poo.

Their shock at the Hearthsteed mount was amazing. I wonder if they're aware of all the other cross over items you get for pre-ordering Blizzard games.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm glad Pat's growing his facial hair back. Without it he looked like someone buying a hot dog from the trailer park's closest 7/11 at 3AM in sweatpants high on crack.

E: Matt have you been continuously losing weight? You looked extra shiny and huggable in the podcast video.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ooh, Liam sounded excited for IaMP. I'd love to see that on a Saturday Morning Scrublords.

hoobajoo posted:

Just like a thing, don't be afraid to say you like it without worrying that you might not like it later. You are right to think it is good, it's probably the best first episode of any game TT's made.

It's more like I don't trust myself to judge stuff anymore after being unable to see TWD season 2 for what it was.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

goldblums eyes posted:

I'm glad Pat's growing his facial hair back. Without it he looked like someone buying a hot dog from the trailer park's closest 7/11 at 3AM in sweatpants high on crack.

E: Matt have you been continuously losing weight? You looked extra shiny and huggable in the podcast video.

He's mentioned he's been on a diet before, so I assume it's just him continuing it.

Keep it up, you're looking better and better. Woolie and Pat could stand to lose a few pounds as well, but I'm not going to like them less for staying the way they are.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Woolie and Pat could stand to lose a few pounds as well, but I'm not going to like them less for staying the way they are.

What a strange, strange thing to say :psyduck:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Keep it up, you're looking better and better. Woolie and Pat could stand to lose a few pounds as well, but I'm not going to like them less for staying the way they are.

They've all mentioned how they're trying to lose weight. Matt's talked about it more but I assume woolie is still running for 12 seconds

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

HGH posted:

Ooh, Liam sounded excited for IaMP. I'd love to see that on a Saturday Morning Scrublords.

Here's what it looks like for anyone who doesn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHay9b5HSDs

Liam's going to be frozen with indecision, he can't just instapick the little girl character each time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

Here's what it looks like for anyone who doesn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHay9b5HSDs

Liam's going to be frozen with indecision, he can't just instapick the little girl character each time.

IaMP shouldn't be a Saturday Morning Scrublords game on the grounds that it is actually a pretty good game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Best Friends talking about Touhou sounds like the best and worst thing at the same time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haven't listened to the cast yet, but I wonder if they're on the "lol little girls" side of the fence, or the "this is actually one of the least fanservicey things in Japanese gaming right now" side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Captain Invictus posted:

Haven't listened to the cast yet, but I wonder if they're on the "lol little girls" side of the fence, or the "this is actually one of the least fanservicey things in Japanese gaming right now" side.

Woolie mentions how there's a Touhou Smash knockoff in the works and seems interested, and Liam recommends the real Touhou fighting games. Pat's indifferent, and Matt confuses the franchise with Toho, thinking that there was going to be a Godzilla Smash.