Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please only watch live if you own both a 3DS and Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

3DS is far more important to Nintendo then the Wii U will ever be.

Stand down.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

There's people who don't!?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anime Curator posted:

Calm the gently caress down

Language, please. This is a confirmed Cute Thread

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

I said come in! posted:

Really it should be the 3DS thread that gets stickied. Tomorrows Direct is focused mostly on that system.
Considering that Nintendo's first-party line-up is just about entirely on the Wii U for the entire first half of this year, I don't really think so.

I said come in! posted:

3DS is far more important to Nintendo then the Wii U will ever be.
E3 2014

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Regy Rusty posted:

There's people who don't!?

People who don't play video games "on the go." :colbert:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think you mean people who do, more people own a 3DS than a Wii U.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Devil Wears Wings posted:

People who don't play video games "on the go." :colbert:

drat. That sucks to be those people.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want more cute squid information.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
only a fool would own one or the other. real cute gamers go all the way

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want more info on the Virtual Console front.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Nintendo Direct prediction: unmet expectations

Sire Oblivion posted:

I think you mean people who do, more people own a 3DS than a Wii U.

Not if every 3DS owner bought 8 units :smugdog:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'd like Bloodbourne on the WiiU since it would mean I don't have to buy a PS4 for at least another year or so.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
For the sake of the grayfix, I'd prefer Bloodborne on PC over Wii U. That said, the game's getting published by Sony worldwide, so this discussion sounds a bit like the old "When's Bayonetta 2 coming to PS4/Xbone/PC????"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

elf help book posted:

I can't imagine the kind of not cute person who only owns one or the other.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Devil Wears Wings posted:

But but who doesn't want the totally awesome Dark Souls fanbase suddenly buying Wii U's?

Wait, is Bloodeborne a Dark Souls game? Because that poo poo is the fuckin worst. I've been playing videogames since I was 3 in 1987, and the dark souls/demon souls set of games is one of the worst loving series of games. I put them on the same level of COD. They are bland as poo poo visually, they are bland as poo poo in their plot, they are derivative as that poo poo comes, but they make it difficult and people blow their loads for it.

Dark Souls fans have as bad taste as COD fans, it's just in the polar opposite direction. They pretend it's different, but they all grind retardedly shallow stats of brown lovely games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

Wait, is Bloodeborne a Dark Souls game?
yes

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Wii U common key has been leaked.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Uggghhh, keep that poo poo off the Wii U. I'd rather another lovely Ubisoft game than another Dark souls/demon Souls game. I just read 100 posts in the PS4 thread where people admitted that they were addicted to Destiny, but also admitted it was a lovely game. Dark Souls/Demons Souls fans need to make the same admission.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fremry posted:

Wait, is Bloodeborne a Dark Souls game? Because that poo poo is the fuckin worst. I've been playing videogames since I was 3 in 1987, and the dark souls/demon souls set of games is one of the worst loving series of games. I put them on the same level of COD. They are bland as poo poo visually, they are bland as poo poo in their plot, they are derivative as that poo poo comes, but they make it difficult and people blow their loads for it.

Dark Souls fans have as bad taste as COD fans, it's just in the polar opposite direction. They pretend it's different, but they all grind retardedly shallow stats of brown lovely games.

Dark Souls feels like it follows this pattern of vague emotional manipulation where 98% of the time I’m actively complaining about how much I hate the game and then the other 2% I’m feeling like a champ and proclaiming how sick I am for making that game my bitch and how rewarding and well-designed of an experience it really is now that I see it clearly and then back to square 1 and it’s simply that cycle repeated ad infinitum

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

Dark Souls/Demons Souls fans need to make the same admission.
Whoa whoa hold up

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Heran Bago posted:

What's a common key

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Anime Curator posted:

Dark Souls feels like it follows this pattern of vague emotional manipulation where 98% of the time I’m actively complaining about how much I hate the game and then the other 2% I’m feeling like a champ and proclaiming how sick I am for making that game my bitch and how rewarding and well-designed of an experience it really is now that I see it clearly and then back to square 1 and it’s simply that cycle repeated ad infinitum

Ultigonio posted:

Whoa whoa hold up

Am I wrong?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fremry posted:

This is a really good post, and I wish you well against the haters.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

We're gonna get the New 3DS coming to America
More on what's in the Mario Kart 8 DLC
Mewtwo for Smash
And looking closer at the few games that Nintendo has already announced that are coming out in Spring, as well as release dates for other announced games such as the Majora's Mask remake.

Not really expecting anything big, but I'm more than willing to be surprised.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

greatn posted:

What's a common key

it's like the master encryption key. if it were really leaked you would be able to break the console's security wide open

this is what happened with the ps3

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is a really good post, and I wish you well against the haters.

Sorry if you think I am hating ya jabronie.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

It has and some people already have. That's why we've been able to crack open and change all this stuff in Mario Kart and Smash. There was just a video last week of the unused 4th custom moves for fighters (all hitboxless animations) in Smash.

E: Nevermind this wasn't with the encryption key, but it has been leaked.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 14, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dark Souls is ok. The Wii U is about enjoying yourself. There is no need to spend time hating a game that isn't coming to the Wii U. Not when they are going to tell us about Splatoon tomorrow morning.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Fremry posted:

I like, skeletons, and getting owned by skeletons

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fremry posted:

Uggghhh, keep that poo poo off the Wii U. I'd rather another lovely Ubisoft game than another Dark souls/demon Souls game. I just read 100 posts in the PS4 thread where people admitted that they were addicted to Destiny, but also admitted it was a lovely game. Dark Souls/Demons Souls fans need to make the same admission.

People were joking before but now I'd like to see it happen just so you'll flip out some more.

It's a PS4 exclusive it's never coming anywhere else, especially not the Wii U.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

Am I wrong?
Well first of all the other dude you quoted is a dumb (no offense, man). DaS isn't some miracle of game design, but there's a lot of really stellar stuff done in it, both in terms of boss fighting and area layout. I suppose that, from the standpoint of someone who loves games but enjoys them fairly casually, sure, it's as simple as "This game is really hard I almost want to give it up but man I feel so good when I win!!!" But if you look past that, you'll find a game that's 2 parts well-designed and structured, and 1 part kind of a mess (Bed of Chaos, Lost Izalith, the final boss, that crystal area, Tomb of Giants ugghhhh). Holding it against many other games I've played, I think that it stands up quite tall, however. It doesn't have the consistent level of quality that I've come to expect from, say, Nintendo, I guess, but a game is allowed to have faults, even many faults, without being trash, especially when what it does well is generally done very well.

Also the comparison of Dark Souls to CoD is completely nonsensical. Dark Souls is designed primarily as a single-player experience, and very specific combat encounters with very specific level layouts play very specifically into that. Please stop making me defend a PS3/PC game in the Wii U thread, TIA.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So is the common code something that can be fixed with a patch? In any event I hope most people don't start pirating games just because they can.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

greatn posted:

So is the common code something that can be fixed with a patch?
no

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad. :twisted:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Fremry posted:

:frogout:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Awesome! posted:

it's like the master encryption key. if it were really leaked you would be able to break the console's security wide open

this is what happened with the ps3

This is good poo poo. :getin:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I have a Wii U and enjoy all these sweet cute Nintendo games but my head would explode like a loving volcano from joy if Bloodborne was released on the Wii U too.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Awesome! posted:

this is what happened with the ps3 and 360 and wii

It's leaked.
https://twitter.com/ryanrocks462/status/555087945019822080

https://twitter.com/comex/status/555159180970315776

https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/555091642844082176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i mean i guess technically they could change it but i believe that would cause wii u disks that have already been printed to not work anymore

• Locked thread