Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

blowfish posted:

Laser sword fights are all about whacking the other guy's stick hard till it falls out of his hand and not about stabbing and slashing at unprotected areas early and often~

Sword fights are also about keeping your blade between you and your opponent and using it to close your opponent's lines of attack.The Hutt could actually win though because Leia is so oblivious he put herself in a position where it could just seize her with its tail and crush her without her being able to see it coming or react in any way, or overpower her with a strong blow and knock her down because she's off balance striking a stupid pose for the camera instead of staying planted and thus unable to put any power behind her swings or parry an incoming attack.

Although the hutt's gimping himself with his own grip--he seems dimly aware that a lightsaber is a two-handed sword but cannot fathom why it is or how to use a two-handed sword (you put your hands some distance apart and use the hilt as a lever, you don't flail it around like a baseball bat).

Also has any Jedi made a buckler out of cortosis or freak metal and tried one-handed sword and buckler combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Lucas is now saying that he was totally going to be directing Episode 7 himself (with a release date this year) but then Disney showed up and bought the property from him before he could.

Link because this is insane

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Disney saves Star Wars

who would've thought

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Actually, what he said was weirder. He said he planned out a new third trilogy himself and was going to make the first movie... Then sell to Disney. Like, he only cared enough to make one movie, and that was hypothetically.

Still, I think it's a loss we won't get to see more Lucas Star Wars :unsmigghh:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

Disney saves Star Wars

who would've thought

To be fair, loving Jack Chick could have saved Star Wars after what George produced.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moola posted:

Link because this is insane

Can't wait for Luke Skywalker to be saved by the Guardians of the Galaxy. Will be a pretty good twist I think.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Obscure Sith Lords:

Darth Icky
Darth Insanious
Darth Sinista
Darth Murder
Darth Halitosious
Darth Brooks
Darth Badgai

freethought
Feb 24, 2011
Darth Merenghi - Do not underestimate the power of the Darkplace

edit: There's no way that joke has not already been made multiple times.

How about Darth Ooooooooooooooooh, but you say it like you're a ghost. More or less stupid than Darth Tyrannus?

Last one; Darth Thisguy,thisguyisnotmykindofguy

freethought fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 14, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Lote posted:

Darth Sinista

Darth Sinistar would be pretty cool. Might be hard for a talking Norwegian flag to use a lightsaber though.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

freethought posted:

Darth Merenghi - Do not underestimate the power of the Darkplace

edit: There's no way that joke has not already been made multiple times.

How about Darth Ooooooooooooooooh, but you say it like you're a ghost. More or less stupid than Darth Tyrannus?

Last one; Darth Thisguy,thisguyisnotmykindofguy

I love how Darth Tyrannus was used once....ONCE in the entire prequel.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'd watch the low-budget cgi cartoon about Darth Tyrannosaurus

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Hingehead posted:

Yeah, they just kept calling him Count Dooku, which is even worse. What was he the count of anyway? How did he even become count? It can't have been hereditary, he was a Jedi, ripped from his mothers teat practically. Had he become a count since leaving? How does one go about becoming a count? Ugh Lucas, what a count.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lote posted:

Obscure Sith Lords:

Darth Insanious

Who you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? :ese:
Don't you know I'm sitho?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hingehead posted:

Umm... Jango Fett says he was recruited by a man named Tyrannus.

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

redshirt posted:

Prequels redeemed.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

redshirt posted:

He didnt say DARTH Tyrannus.

edit: Also like how Cooku Dount is hardly recognized as a sith. He was just.......THERE. How long was he in AOTC? probably 10 minutes at the very end. Who is he? Why do we care about him? Why is he the bad guy? Oh....he escaped...and he talks to Darth Sidious. Cut to ROTS, How long was Dooku in the movie? Oh....3 minutes....and he's dead......oh....He was just....kind of there.

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 14, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hingehead posted:

He's no dummy, he's not telling a Jedi he's working for a Sith.

It's implied. One of the many subtle touches in the prequels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hingehead posted:

Sheev calls Dooku DarthTyrannus at the end of Episode II but its literally the only time in the movies where he's called that.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

Sword fights are also about keeping your blade between you and your opponent and using it to close your opponent's lines of attack.The Hutt could actually win though because Leia is so oblivious he put herself in a position where it could just seize her with its tail and crush her without her being able to see it coming or react in any way, or overpower her with a strong blow and knock her down because she's off balance striking a stupid pose for the camera instead of staying planted and thus unable to put any power behind her swings or parry an incoming attack.

Although the hutt's gimping himself with his own grip--he seems dimly aware that a lightsaber is a two-handed sword but cannot fathom why it is or how to use a two-handed sword (you put your hands some distance apart and use the hilt as a lever, you don't flail it around like a baseball bat).

Also has any Jedi made a buckler out of cortosis or freak metal and tried one-handed sword and buckler combat?

I hate that this came from inside the thread.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't think this guy has the powerful rally cry that he thinks he does.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Woolie Wool posted:

Not a Jedi, no.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

how the gently caress does a hutt jedi not die in 2 seconds?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

quote:

...Hutts have the unusual ability to metabolize Cortosis and have been known to consume crushed ore to render their flesh resistant to Jedi weapons

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

...Hutts have the unusual ability to metabolize Cortosis and have been known to consume crushed ore to render their flesh resistant to Jedi weapons

HHAHAHhahahahHAHAHAHAhqa

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I wonder if that would make them resistant to being choked to death. Might be useful for any random Hutt to do, might make them blaster resistant too.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Force-choking is limited to middle-aged men and pregnant women, duh. Of course it wouldn't work on a hutt :rolleyes:

Choking a hutt would be hard though, you'd have to use both arms. It'd think you were hugging it.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Calico Heart posted:

Choking a hutt would be hard though, you'd have to use both arms. It'd think you were hugging it.

I bet if you did enough blow you could strangle the gently caress outta a hutt.

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

Force-choking is limited to middle-aged men and pregnant women, duh. Of course it wouldn't work on a hutt :rolleyes:

Are force hugs still canon?

How did Jabba get from his palace to the barge anyway?

necroid
May 14, 2009

lmao now I wanna see this in action

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

okay but it makes obi wan real grumpy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

freethought posted:

Are force hugs still canon?
George is pro-hug

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

do you think when mickey is loving minnie he ever gets weirded out that they look identical

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

david... posted:

do you think when mickey is loving minnie he ever gets weirded out that they look identical

That's his fetish

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

necroid posted:

lmao now I wanna see this in action

Wait, this didn't happen in the EU? Leia didn't give little Jacen Solo enough force hugs when he was growing up? Explains a lot.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Blue milk is the gateway drug to the dark side

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is the hutt cortosis thing real

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

freethought posted:

Yeah, they just kept calling him Count Dooku, which is even worse. What was he the count of anyway? How did he even become count? It can't have been hereditary, he was a Jedi, ripped from his mothers teat practically. Had he become a count since leaving? How does one go about becoming a count? Ugh Lucas, what a count.

He going to be a count, instead joined the Jedi, and then left the Jedi to assume his hereditary role as count because, you know, money.

edit: not to say that it isn't dumb as gently caress.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 14, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

why did a jedi killing robot have a cough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lote posted:

Obscure Sith Lords:

Darth Icky