Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Don't they rear end rape each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

naem posted:

Don't they rear end rape each other

who doesnt?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

I never heard the nanny dog thing until now, but anybody who believes it is an idiot.

"This pup looks like it has potential to be good at changing diapers. Maybe we should breed it with another pup that shows potential in feeding and burping children."

Really? Some people think that there was ever a group of people who decided to leave all of their children in the village surrounded by dogs while they went and foraged berries instead of just leaving two women and one man with a spear behind? loving retards.

Yes the name nanny dog would of course mean the dogs were literal nannies

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Superconsndar posted:

A well bred one

Where would dogs be without people to make sure they are bred into perfect physical and metal health?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mK9-0-BU38

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

radiatinglines posted:

Yes the name nanny dog would of course mean the dogs were literal nannies

So it was called the nanny dog for what reason then?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So it was called the nanny dog for what reason then?

drat you're right, I guess it was because they change diapers

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

December 11 Boston terrier Unknown woman 93 years The woman was "mauled by a Boston terrier." No other details are known as this death was never directly covered by the media. It was mentioned briefly in an article in 2014 about another fatal dog bite.[526]

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

radiatinglines posted:

drat you're right, I guess it was because they change diapers

It's okay. I always win because I have a Siberian Husky. They were once called the "internet debate" dog.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Superconsndar posted:

The bite force stuff is, but they were specifically bred to grab, hold, and shake without letting go so they can potentially cause more damage than a dog NOT bred to do that (most dogs)

I see you do not own a dog and have never played with one. I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't bite, hold and shake without letting go when given the opportunity. Not Dalmations, Labs, Malte-poos, Shepherds, Hounds, Mutts, lap-dogs.

Most Americans know gently caress-all about training dogs.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

yall some fuckin racists. dogracists.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

My Q-Face posted:

I see you do not own a dog and have never played with one. I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't bite, hold and shake without letting go when given the opportunity. Not Dalmations, Labs, Malte-poos, Shepherds, Hounds, Mutts, lap-dogs.

You're addressing a poster who is a pitbull owner and passionate pitbull enthusiast who posted extensively in the last thread about why pitbulls shouldn't be owned by the average person (hint : it's not because Superconsndar hates the breed or knows little about them).

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I didn't try, because knowing what a pit bull looks like is irrelevant
Pitbull fanatics claim dog attacks are incorrectly blamed on pitbulls because people don't know what the breed looks like.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

My Q-Face posted:

What about my German Wirehair Pointer and my Wirehair Pointing Griffon that were bred specifically to not bite and shakes things? Because you see, if they did that they wouldn't be very good hunting dogs.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Absolute Lithops posted:

Pitbull fanatics claim dog attacks are incorrectly blamed on pitbulls because people don't know what the breed looks like.

It's a red herring anyway, logic dictates that when you breed something to be more effective at killing, it's going to be more effective at killing. The number of people who think they saw a pit bull attack someone is irrelevant, and the actual hard data on lethal dog attacks that's been collected and posted in this thread speaks for itself.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Crow_Rodeo posted:

What about my German Wirehair Pointer and my Wirehair Pointing Griffon that were bred specifically to not bite and shakes things? Because you see, if they did that they wouldn't be very good hunting dogs.

Just googled your dogs, they are awesome looking dogs that look super friendly and nice. Much better alternative to a murdermouth childbiter.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Absolute Lithops posted:

Considering how many of the "fatal dog attack" breeds are "Probably Pit-bull Mix", that's not at all unreasonable.

I mean, seriously:

quote:

2 mixed breed dogs or "mixed-mastiff breeds" or "part Cane Corso" or Pit Bulls

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

lmfao

Lolie posted:

You're addressing a poster who is a pitbull owner and passionate pitbull enthusiast who posted extensively in the last thread about why pitbulls shouldn't be owned by the average person (hint : it's not because Superconsndar hates the breed or knows little about them).

No!!! I know nothing about dogs and am not even sure what A DOG even is!!!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Yeah you guys don' mean what I mean when I say "catch and hold." "Catch dogs" (which pit bulls are) are things for a reason. It's like saying field bred retrievers aren't especially hardcore about retrieving because the average dog enjoys fetch too.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah you guys don' mean what I mean when I say "catch and hold." "Catch dogs" (which pit bulls are) are things for a reason. It's like saying field bred retrievers aren't especially hardcore about retrieving because the average dog enjoys fetch too.

What the gently caress is this? Word salad like that really sets off my fuckin schizo detector real bad. Please make sense

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

Considering how many of the "fatal dog attack" breeds are "Probably Pit-bull Mix", that's not at all unreasonable.

I mean, seriously:

This is an important thing. Even hardcore APBT people, dog men, who developed the breed, acknowledge that there is so much type variation in apbts that there is no way to tell if a dog is an apbt by looking at it, period. You have to have a pedigree in your face to know what that dog is. They do not have a cohesive physical type, given that they were bred for a specific working purpose (a specific type of pit fighting) so pedigrees are all you have to go by. The average pit bull owner knows as much about pit bulls as the average gbs poster, and doesn't even own an apbt, and doesn't even know it. No one can identify a pit bull for the life of them. That said, if an actual apbt goes for a person, if is still more likely to cause serious injury than most other dogs, because of what it is bred to do.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

My Q-Face posted:

I imagine it happens a lot. "Pit bulls are dangerous, this dog is dangerous, it must be a pit bull." But when crazy pit bull fanatics bring this up, it's essentially a no true Scotsman defense. They argue that pit bulls were bred to attack other dogs but be gentle to people, so the entire breed automatically has that temperament and "no true pit bull" attacks humans. Or, if it's undeniably a purebred pit bull, the owners must be bad people who abused it or trained it to be mean.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 14, 2015

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

What the gently caress is this? Word salad like that really sets off my fuckin schizo detector real bad. Please make sense

I'm sorry, what about this is confusing? If dog terminology is beyond you I apologize, please let me know how to dumb it down further so serious dog chat isn't so beyond you that it begins to look like word salad. This from "pack structure" gbs poster, lmao.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Crow_Rodeo posted:

i love it when i read a perfectly coherent post and someone comes along calling it word salad, makes me feel good about my ability to read

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Absolute Lithops posted:

I imagine it happens a lot. "Pit bulls are dangerous, this dog is dangerous, it must be a pit bull." But when crazy pit bull fanatics bring this up, it's essentially a no true Scotsman defense. They argue that pit bulls were bred to attack other dogs but be gentle to people, so the entire breed automatically has that temperament and "no true pit bull" attacks humans. Or, if it's undeniably a purebred pit bull, the owners must be bad people who abused it or trained it to be mean.

You're right, and it's a sad fallacy on both ends.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The solution is to not have dogs. They don't do anything except make you feel smarter than something, make you feel stronger than something, replace the children you never had, or give you something to love because your child is an addict.

Edit: I'm not being sarcastic.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

The solution is to not have dogs. They don't do anything except make you feel smarter than something, make you feel stronger than something, replace the children you never had, or give you something to love because your child is an addict.

dog ownership is supposed to be kind of like owning a slave, except the slave isn't human and really really likes being your slave

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
pitbulls are alright, but i say euthanize them all and start over, why not? is it going to make the world a worse place? lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It is not legal to have my kid lick peanut butter off my ballsack (at least I don't think so).

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
we obviously just need to breed a new dog that thrives on sitting around all day, eating people food, and seeking pets. should only take 50 years

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Decrepus posted:

It is not legal to have my kid lick peanut butter off my ballsack (at least I don't think so).

It's not legal for you to entice a dog to do that either, but you do have a point. That dog does not have a social security number and does not speak or write any human language. Your crimes are only between you, your dog, and God.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Superconsndar posted:

You're right, and it's a sad fallacy on both ends.
I know someone who would completely write you off as a human being for saying that. She's generally crazy though. And, lucky for me, she lives about 1000 miles away.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Absolute Lithops posted:

I know someone who would completely write you off as a human being for saying that. She's generally crazy though. And, lucky for me, she lives about 1000 miles away.

Most pit bull owners are really terrible, including me, I'm terrible. But I try to be as educated as possible so I'm a single degree less terrible than the rest when my fancy dogs rip my guts out and rape my corpse I guess!!!! (They really won't, they only want to do that to each other)

Herr Zwiebel
Apr 25, 2009

Worry Not,
Wonder Not.
Grimey Drawer

Crow_Rodeo posted:

"I will not respond to anyone sourcing their statements. I am here for the lulz. Anonymous forever!"

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
A trained tiger is a great cuddly pet, until it isn't

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Pretty sure all breeds do this, it's just confirmation bias that only bully breeds do:rolleyes:

Warning, crappy view of dog refusing to let another dog go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTiGWgQubA

Purgatory Glory fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 14, 2015

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Purgatory Glory posted:

Pretty sure all breeds do this, it's just confirmation bias that only bully breeds do:rolleyes:

it's confirmation bias because some dogs can kill the other dogs within seconds

there is a lot less press coverage of dog attack survival of any sort

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Purgatory Glory posted:

The problem here is that they are trying to pry the dog's mouth open with their hands instead of putting their fingers in its eyes. Why do civilized humans act so civilized when faced with an uncivilized death machine?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Purgatory Glory posted:

Yeah like this isn't a pit bull, it's an American bully (pit/staff mixed with mastiff, American, and/or English bulldog) but this is p much why most people shouldn't own pits or ~pit derivatives,~ they have to be broken up in a certain way once they get a hold and by the time most dipshits figure out a course of action the poor targeted victim dog is wrecked or dead

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

This doesn't mean that you can't dominate them or assume the role that a parent would. Ya big puss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
if at any time you think to yourself "i should try and be my dogs parent" you have taken a massive wrong turn in your life

• Locked thread