Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
ah drat, the unlv game later tonight is gonna have that remote broadcast. Might just load up the local station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I miss headband willie

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Better than UCLA I guess.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Lol at Cal throwin shade at Dicky V tho

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

uncurable mlady posted:

Lol at Cal throwin shade at Dicky V tho

This was fantastic.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Basketball is suffering

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Miami is giving Duke the business in their own house.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good job Mizzou, you MIGHT score as many against Kentucky as the Grand Canyon Antelopes did. A team that may very well be antelopes.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia is #1 on Kenpom for exactly the length of time it takes the algorithm to add in the ongoing UK massacre of Mizzou.

Also Gonzaga has been #3 since Duke lost to State, which is pretty hilarious.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Good job Mizzou, you MIGHT score as many against Kentucky as the Grand Canyon Antelopes did. A team that may very well be antelopes.

They couldn't lmbo...86-37 final good god.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

Outscored UCLA in the first half, that's enough for me.

Mizzou is really bad and Kentucky is really good, it's not like we didn't know that going in.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Outscored UCLA in the first half, that's enough for me.

Mizzou is really bad and Kentucky is really good, it's not like we didn't know that going in.

Yeah, but most teams that are bad have some word inverse energy against Kentucky and are able to take them to the limit (for a half anyway). I'm not saying this just to be an rear end, but I really don't think Anderson has Mizzou prepared for major conference play.

Though, to be fair, maybe it's just Kentucky finally realizing they shouldn't treat anyone as a cupcake.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't even realize you guys finally replaced Haith. Not sure a 59 year old rookie to division I is the best choice but hey, change.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

I didn't even realize you guys finally replaced Haith. Not sure a 59 year old rookie to division I is the best choice but hey, change.

Haith saw the writing on the wall and bounced on his own. He didn't leave a whole lot worthwhile, there are some promising recruits (surprisingly, they held on to their best recruiter and grabbed some AAU guy who brought Gill-Caesar with him) but anyone would struggle with the team. Having said that I'm not particularly impressed with Anderson so far.

It's...complicated I guess. The AD pissed off a lot of people when he brought in Haith, I guess once it was obvious Gregg Marshall wasn't coming he decided to make the old Norm Stewart guys happy at least and hire Anderson who was the guy they all wanted back when he hired Quin Snyder.

I expect a long four years and a new coaching search after that, but this team was always going to be bad. I had some hopes they'd be a little less bad, but yeah.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 14, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't think it was a good idea for Mizzou to give Anderson four years. Three, okay, but four is way too much of a commitment to what amounts to a panic hire (and who can blame panicking when your coach just sends you a text and heads to Tulsa).

Speaking of ex-Big 12 things, I know Angel Rodriguez's stated reason for transferring to Miami was because of homesickness, but I can't help but thinking if Frank Martin had stayed, then having a fellow Puerto Rican around would've helped him. Seeing Angel kick rear end against Duke right now just shows how much Martin leaving hosed up K-State.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Speaking of Haith, Tulsa's up 16 now on UConn with under 10 minutes left.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress Duke :toot:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Duke getting clowned by a team that lost to EKU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

so say we all

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I wasn't able to put it into words before, but cody doolin always looks like he has to take a poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I don't think it was a good idea for Mizzou to give Anderson four years. Three, okay, but four is way too much of a commitment to what amounts to a panic hire (and who can blame panicking when your coach just sends you a text and heads to Tulsa).

It's actually a five year contract :negative:

When Ryan Rosburg is an actual important piece for your team it's probably not fair to judge him yet and I'm talking about this after playing a pissed off Kentucky, but Christ.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

stopping them from getting threes was supposed to be one of your priorities :mad:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

Speaking of Haith, Tulsa's up 16 now on UConn with under 10 minutes left.

You mean Rodney Purvis isn't going to lead UCONN to the NCAA championship?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

wood is playing so bad :negative:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

You mean Rodney Purvis isn't going to lead UCONN to the NCAA championship?

you know when you drive a Ferrari off the lot its value drops by like half immediately

edit: Tulsa wins, not worth speculating past this though as still plenty of chances to gently caress up.

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 14, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i wonder if wood is playing injured since he only scored once last game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

pathetic first half

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

this is going better than before, but might not be enough :ohdear:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Rough, but I'm feeling ok about OT

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

jesus loving christ

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i think there was more turnovers than points in ot for unlv

what a loving terrible team

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

gently caress the people using the lame rear end rice vs theus struggle to excuse this poo poo

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Probably Magic posted:

Seeing Angel kick rear end against Duke right now just shows how much Martin leaving hosed up K-State.

You don't know the half, nay quarter, of it.

God drat did K-State love Frank Martin and his Over The Top Angry Coach antics. (And the fact that he took us to the elite 8 post-Beasley)

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Virginia is #1 on Kenpom for exactly the length of time it takes the algorithm to add in the ongoing UK massacre of Mizzou.

Also Gonzaga has been #3 since Duke lost to State, which is pretty hilarious.

Miami's destruction of Duke was enough to put us back in 1st on Kenpom. Also, 4 of the 5 players on the Kenpom All ACC team are Hoos. And they're all in the top 10 in the Kenpom POY rankings.

In conclusion, Kenpom.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Miami's destruction of Duke was enough to put us back in 1st on Kenpom. Also, 4 of the 5 players on the Kenpom All ACC team are Hoos. And they're all in the top 10 in the Kenpom POY rankings.

In conclusion, Kenpom.
I think if Kentucky loses a game before Virginia I will Literally Cry.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I think if Kentucky loses a game before Virginia I will Literally Cry.

They better do it soon, because I don't see us getting through the Duke-UNC-Louisville-NC State ringer unscathed.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They better do it soon, because I don't see us getting through the Duke-UNC-Louisville-NC State ringer unscathed.

True that will be very very tough.

But we have looked really good so far. AP top 25 teams have 9 home losses. Three of them are to Virginia.

Notre Dame, Miami, and NC State are 8-3 in the conference, each with wins over Duke or UNC. All three losses are to Virginia.

Kenpom has us #1 by a whisker with the #3 defense AND offense. We've played the 20th toughest schedule (just barely into the conference games) and are 9-0 against top 100 teams. The Kenpom All ACC team has FOUR Virginia players on it!

Sagarin has us #2, and by his ratings we would be favored to beat any team in the country (except Kentucky) ON THEIR HOME COURT.

I thought we would be good (top 15) but this is amazing!

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Probably Magic posted:

Speaking of ex-Big 12 things, I know Angel Rodriguez's stated reason for transferring to Miami was because of homesickness, but I can't help but thinking if Frank Martin had stayed, then having a fellow Puerto Rican around would've helped him. Seeing Angel kick rear end against Duke right now just shows how much Martin leaving hosed up K-State.

Rodriguez is good as hell, gave us all kinds of fits. Last night he was amazing, especially the last four minutes when he showed Duke no mercy and came up with a ton of steals, assists, and points. Miami's losses aren't as bad as they looked (Green Bay is a really good team, Eastern Kentucky looks underrated) and they are gelling. Could be a top 4 seed in the ACC tourney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

5 Virginia fans posting on the same page. These are truly heady times for our program

• Locked thread