Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
waitress lady is very insensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Blaming Stark is a bit of a stretch even if it's kinda true.

Poor agent. :(

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I like Angie

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skipping a week? What?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

God drat it, why do we need a break for a 7 week mini?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Overlord K posted:

Blaming Stark is a bit of a stretch even if it's kinda true.

Poor agent. :(

I mean Stark's stupid rear end should put better locks on his super weapons.

Honestly all Superweapons should be registered with the government.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goddammit ABC. I bet this was because of the two hour premiere. We didn't even get a notification up here in Canada.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Canned Panda posted:

God drat it, why do we need a break for a 7 week mini?

State of the Union is during the time slot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And now Peggy has that dudes death on her head.

I like the crumbs on his desk.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I do like Carter mentioning him being a good agent. That's probably my favorite thing about the show, the competent levels of the people around her.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hopefully this was the only pointless episode of the season.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
You know what my first though was when Kaminski got killed was? Jarvis was really worried about leaving a witness behind... what if this mysterious assassin is JARVIS? I mean, that does seem a little too ruthless, and it would certainly turn the viewers against him, but I don't think it's completely improbable.

Tavarin posted:

Oh, well. That's a good reason.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
What an underwhelming episode, given the quality of the first two. I mean, it wasn't bad, it still had its moments, but I thought the entire point of an eight-episode season was to keep the pacing brisk and focused.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You know what my first though was when Kaminski got killed was? Jarvis was really worried about leaving a witness behind... what if this mysterious assassin is JARVIS? I mean, that does seem a little too ruthless, and it would certainly turn the viewers against him, but I don't think it's completely improbable.

Oh, well. That's a good reason.

Fedora guy was watching Jarvis and Peggy at the harbor though.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

I thought "This seems to be meant for us to suspect it could be Jarvis" but I didn't actually suspect him.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I thought "This seems to be meant for us to suspect it could be Jarvis" but I didn't actually suspect him.

It occurred to me too, but yeah, it doesn't make sense. In addition to what others have said, the circus goon was acting like he knew the hitman before he shot him, "hey man don't worry I didn't tell them anything", sort of like he was his boss or something. But he didn't seem familiar with Jarvis at all and was happy to try to kill him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Besides, making it reveal that Jarvis bad would kinda not make sense, since Jarvis had to done something important for Howard or Tony to name their AI after him.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
*cough* slut *cough*

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone got close ups of the assassin? And maybe a gif of that wide shot of them walking to the car? I have had doubt put into my head as to whether creepy stalker is actually a man now but I already deleted the episode.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Seemed obvious that the killer was the new next door neighbor, I'm guessing she's Iowan by way of Russia.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Teek posted:

Seemed obvious that the killer was the new next door neighbor, I'm guessing she's Iowan by way of Russia.

Yes this was the theory proposed to me. I kind of immediately agreed but not being able to rewatch those scenes makes me not want to completely agree yet.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Agent Carter is a pretty good show. I couldn't get into SHIELD but this show just tickles the right spots.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

ToastyPotato posted:

Yes this was the theory proposed to me. I kind of immediately agreed but not being able to rewatch those scenes makes me not want to completely agree yet.

The killer is wearing heels.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Okay, good points about why the assassin can't actually be Jarvis. I didn't really want it to be him anyway.

Teek posted:

Oh yeah, she's totally some kind of plant to spy on Carter, that was clear immediately.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Oh yeah, she's totally some kind of plant to spy on Carter, that was clear immediately.

Just like her niece later becomes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The SSR's obsession with Stark is such incredibly lazy writing, especially since it opposes our protagonist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Josh Lyman posted:

The SSR's obsession with Stark is such incredibly lazy writing, especially since it opposes our protagonist.

Why? They think he was a traitor and they were really paranoid about them.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dexo posted:

Honestly all Superweapons should be registered with the government.

Well-played. :golfclap:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
So... do they just walk their suspects through the front door of their secret headquarters? They didn't even, like, put a bag over his head.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Barry Convex posted:

What an underwhelming episode, given the quality of the first two. I mean, it wasn't bad, it still had its moments, but I thought the entire point of an eight-episode season was to keep the pacing brisk and focused.

Unless you want them to stop having any kind of story or other characters besides Agent Carter, then i hardly see how this episode could be any more focused.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did like the opening narration. Peggy Carter is someone else... something else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

First Bass posted:

So... do they just walk their suspects through the front door of their secret headquarters? They didn't even, like, put a bag over his head.

They're kind in a weird place about being a secret agency. Like, they hide their HQ but go around telling people that they work for SSR.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

First Bass posted:

Maybe they just sort of assumed that the guy was never walking out?

The whole secret spy building behind a bank of switchboard operators is kind of silly though - that's a lot of potential leaks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Emerson Cod posted:

The killer is wearing heels.

Calling it now, Angie is actuslly the killer.

Rarity posted:

I did like the opening narration. Peggy Carter is someone else... something else.

Something Green... and pointy... and Arrow-y...

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

imperialparadox posted:

The whole secret spy building behind a bank of switchboard operators is kind of silly though - that's a lot of potential leaks.

Given how rare direct lines where at the time, not really.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Tavarin posted:

Thanks Obama!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

imperialparadox posted:

Pretty sure all those operators on that hallway are working for them considering how they were all crying after Krzeminski died, not just Rose.

Also, setting up your agency inside a phone exchange would certainly make it easy work to tap & trace calls.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

As soon as I realized it was Bridget Regan, I knew something was fishy

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

First Bass posted:

It was a simpler time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

As soon as I realized it was Bridget Regan, I knew something was fishy

It's going to be funny when it turns out to be Lyndsey Fonseca.

• Locked thread