Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Oh yay, more Khorne. Where the gently caress is the Tzeentch and Slaanesh love? :(
Fine, maybe no Slaanesh love is good.

And it's ok Leo Showers, we can hug if it helps you cope with the ham-bones.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Moola posted:

When he was on those meds and went sperg-crazy and made a thread about rolling dice http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657196

holy poo poo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
also thanks for the support friends

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Mango Polo posted:

Oh yay, more Khorne. Where the gently caress is the Tzeentch and Slaanesh love? :(

Slaanesh is basically the Chaos God GW does not give a poo poo about. No named Greater Daemon, can barely be bothered to give it any units, no consistent powers, always the weakest of the four in the fluff, etc, etc.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sorry the god of loving dicks and titties isn't as powerful as the god of cutting peoples heads off, the god of making people so sick they become zombies, and the god of Xmen and magic

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

at least it's not yet more nurgle

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

SERPUS posted:

This may be a shot in the dark question, but when does GW typically change/upgrade models? I'm thinking about getting into Space Marines, but I noticed that the same models have been in print and in use for quite a while. I'd hate to spend a few hundred dollars getting something together, only to have nicer models come right out.

The space marine tactical kit was updated last year. The sternguard and vanguard kits are new as well.

All the space marine stuff is pretty current. They might update the terminators, assault Marines or scouts but even then they won't look vastly different; just be more possible and probably have a bunch of bling you can attach.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 14, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
Some more pictures from the Apoc game last weekend...

http://imgur.com/a/D5eYL

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Leo Showers posted:

I'll call you when I start boiling myself and using my skeleton to base warhams, you'll be the first to know

If flaying yourself so you can scrimshaw your own bones is good enough for the Imperial Fists it's good enough for my models of them.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ghost Hand posted:

Oh my god the stompa that's in a running pose but looks like it's dancing instead :kimchi:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Cataphract posted:

The space marine tactical kit was updated last year. The sternguard and vanguard kits are new as well.

All the space marine stuff is pretty current. They might update the terminators, assault Marines or scouts but even then they won't look vastly different; just be more possible and probably have a bunch of bling you can attach.

I wonder how difficult it would be to modify the insignia on those new Blood Angels Assault Terminators into something else, because they look amazing...

Leo Showers posted:

it starts off small enough, killing the local wildlife for basing, but it's never enough. soon hollismason will be collecting the bones of the neighbourhood kids, then their parents, and it will culminate in the largest warham diorama comprised exclusively with the bones of all the things he killed over the years.

but i mean like lol it's not creepy everyone has a skeleton

I feel something called Taxidermy would horrify you...

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 14, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghost Hand posted:

Uhh, is there more pictures of those Vorax? Those look like Thallax heads and they are rad.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Tommofork posted:

Oh my god the stompa that's in a running pose but looks like it's dancing instead :kimchi:

Everyone knows you can't kill a dancin' man. It just ain't done.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Cool things people have actually done in the 40k thread:
1- Stripping models using break fluid
2- Using crushed glass for snow bases (I admit it looks rad as gently caress)
3- Playing Tyranids
4- Boiling carcasses of dead birds and using the bones for scenery
5- Skinning mice with a hoobby knife and using the skin for night lords conversions
6- Buying budget brand orange juice

Drythe posted:

Yay, I won both of those Castellax's at $31 a piece.

e: Just got 2 more Castellax's and a unit of Thallaxs for $81. Love eBay sometimes.

See, aren't you glad I talked you out of buying directly from Forgeworld?

Anyway, welcome to the 30k admech fight club. Once you model those bad boys make sure to post pictures. Also I want to read battle reports!

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Mucolid done, Sporocyst well underway, and currently breathing the paint fumes of my freshly-primed Dimachaeron. It's a good day for the Splinter Fleet.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Also, this ork blob is one of the coolest, most fluffy, and most terrifying things I have seen:

Makes me want to play orcs just for the giant waaaaagh army

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Also, this ork blob is one of the coolest, most fluffy, and most terrifying things I have seen:

Makes me want to play orcs just for the giant waaaaagh army

I sent these to my friend who plays Orks and the response was an immediate "gently caress NO."

If I had the talent to paint that many models before going crazy I would be all over a green tide army.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I've been away for too long, getting into a pretty awesome campaign for the new year so I'm putting together some old models I've had just laying around. I've put my orks on the back burner for a bit, still staring accusingly at me from my wip shelf.

It's the Dawn of the Minotaurs.

Mostly tacked together, for painting. When I glue it down the gun barrels should be all pointing in roughly the same direction.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 14, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ghost Hand posted:

Who won?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Ghost Hand posted:

Yeah, tell us about all the awesome things that happened in the battle!

Also, was there anyone there who's a regular on the podcast?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Orks won by 1 point I believe.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

Cool things people have actually done in the 40k thread:
1- Stripping models using break fluid
I actually did this when I was like, 17. I thankfully figured out before long that this poo poo is absolutely horrendous to be around and moved on to Simple Green.

Ghost Hand posted:

This game looks loving incredible! Apocalypse games with fully painted armies, let alone ones painted to that standard, are a rare treat.

I had a game with Ignite Memories tonight, my Iron Warriors vs. his Orks. I'll let him post pictures (and a report if he feels like it, to make up for the report I started but never finished) but it was a great game, and super close to boot! One of the closest games I've ever played, without a doubt.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The two Chaos Gods that need the most attention are pretty much Khorne and Slaanesh, so I'm not bothered by the rumour that Khorne may get some special formations. Tzeentch and Nurgle are far and away the most powerful it seems of the two.

I tried out the insane Formation they released for Advent, uh it did not go well.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Hollismason posted:

I'm more interested in this weird rumour at BOLS

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/whfb-40k-rumours-end-times-v-csm.html

That sounds pretty bad rear end if we are getting all kinds of different formations etc.. for each god.

This sounds really cool tbh; most of my demons are Khorne, and Khorne themed space marines are the coolest (although Nurgle seem to be the most fun to actually play as). I will buy a plastic bloodthirster the day they release them and not even be mad it costs $90. Unless they look like the current models.

Also Hollis, I apologize for misrepresenting you. There was a Hollismason in goonfleet who had some kind of horrible tooth decay issue and I thought he had to quit when he either went to jail or maybe the military in 2007 or so. But maybe I'm confusing you/him with that goon who loved interceptors and kept trying to make a ruff riders squad that would fly claws all the time. He disappeared too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, I think it'll be pretty cool to get a dedicated White Dwarf to each Chaos God with formations etc.. I won't be surprised if Cult troops get dropped from the new Chaos Codex and replaced with Supplements. I'm really hoping they focus on the Legions and then the cults are seperate.

Some of those Blood Angels formations give you hope, seriously those things are bad rear end.

I'm super stoked about the possible new Necron Formations, they kind of fell to the way side for me playing them because I kind of got bored playing them as they're kind of boring to play and Traitor Guard / Chaos Space Marine/ Daemon army I threw together was way more fun.

No that was totally me and yes I did have a bad tooth decay issue, but I got it all straightened out. That was a weird time of my life. Also 8 loving years ago, seriously I think it was 8 or more years ago. The fact people remember that stuff boggles my mind. I mostly played Chat EVE and scammed in Empire.

I didn't start the Ruff Riders I was in Rho Squad though.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 14, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Speaking of AdMech my shitlist went 2-0 against Tau tonight.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ugh, I can kiss my credit card goodbye when/if they release Dark Mechanicum models. I've wanted to see Forgeworld make a Mechanicum army and they did, now just make a Dark Mechanicum army.

At this rate though, probably still 5 to 10 years out. My dream would be that GW and Forgeworld split completely when GW inevitably falls apart and get's bought by someone. I've not seen their corporate structure but I'm pretty sure Forgeworld is it's one subsidiary or something to that affect. So if GW is bought out it's possible Forgeworld could become independent.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Cataphract posted:

Orks won by 1 point I believe.

Correct. I'll talk all details in episode releasing this Sunday.

Several people who have guested on the show were there...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If GW got bought out how would FW keep doing what they're doing if they become independent? No one would buy GW if part of the agreement was 'by the way the one part of our company people like is now independent and will continue to make product, thereby competing with you'.

GW and FW are not going to split, or if they do, FW is probably going to end up on the lovely side of the deal.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Oh my loving god.

Just use sand people. Please.

Cataphract posted:

These bases, too accurate for sand people.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
That apoc game looks amazing!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Hand posted:

Correct. I'll talk all details in episode releasing this Sunday.

Several people who have guested on the show were there...

Are the orcs from the guy you always say has an incredibly painted ork army, or is it from the guy that you often say should play orks because he plays all his other armies like orks?

Either answer will make those pictures even more badass.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

Slaanesh is basically the Chaos God GW does not give a poo poo about. No named Greater Daemon, can barely be bothered to give it any units, no consistent powers, always the weakest of the four in the fluff, etc, etc.
Considering there are hams that lovingly sculpt female genitalia onto their Wraithknights, I think Slaanesh being under-represented is a good thing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Whoever closed the GBS skelington thread is literally a monster

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

Whoever closed the GBS skelington thread is literally a monster
I know! I have nowhere to post this!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
If you're an Ork player and get a chance to run the tide, do it with the 4++ relic kff and painboy. It becomes an unstoppable juggernaut of complete destruction.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lord Twisted posted:

If you're an Ork player and get a chance to run the tide, do it with the 4++ relic kff and painboy. It becomes an unstoppable juggernaut of complete destruction.

I better get those extra 50 boyz painted

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Tzeentch and Nurgle are far and away the most powerful it seems of the two.

WRONG ON CHAOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

spacegoat posted:

WRONG ON CHAOS.

When it comes to the Daemon codex he's (mostly) not wrong. Fateweaver, Heralds on Discs, and Screamers are pretty drat powerful even with the changes in 7th. Their troops are pretty garbage though and only useful as warp dice batteries.

• Locked thread