Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still not a word about any JoJo dub, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

As far as I'm aware it was just a trial dub to gauge interest, not a full thing. I dunno why they wouldn't have announced anything yet if that's the case, though, since I was at otakon when they showed it and it was a full loving house, so it's not as if there's a lack of interest.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Like 3 pages late but Jojo anime always looked like garbage, this latest episode looked about the same as the low points of Battle Tendency but I hope it at least gets back to the standard the first half of SC set.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand why people complain about the animation, I've enjoyed the Jojo style since part one and haven't noticed anything particularly awful.
What's the trouble exactly?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Some of the more egregious season 1 still shots are painful to look at after your first viewings, but considering how low budget it was they did a really good job both disguising and selling most of them. The CG in the chariot race was really bad, too.

Outside of that, :shrug:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 14, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I don't understand why people complain about the animation, I've enjoyed the Jojo style since part one and haven't noticed anything particularly awful.
What's the trouble exactly?

The anime, from what I understand, was touch-and-go for Part I and then they fixed things on the Bluray.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like they decided to change the artstyle for the blueray. The TV version looks a lot closer to the original manga.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

RatHat posted:

Looks like they decided to change the artstyle for the blueray. The TV version looks a lot closer to the original manga.

You're silly as heck meng. The entirety of the cast got redesigned for the first two parts.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I kind of liked how Part I looked. It was as though it was channeling some extreme camp so powerful it made the animation itself campy.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Phantom Blood was ugly and nearly flash animation but I like it more because of it for some reason. It gave it character... or something. I haven't gone and watched the BRs yet though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The animation in motion often looked pretty bad but the JoJo style is so insanely powerful that still frames with color palette swaps were loving awesome. Part 3 has looked way better than broadcast Part 1/2 but I love all of it and I look forward to the next decade of JoJo seasons

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Anyone complaining about animation quality in JoJo needs to go watch some MD Geist or other associated trash OVAs. It could be so so much worse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just because it can be worse doesn't mean it isn't very good.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Million Ghosts posted:

Anyone complaining about animation quality in JoJo needs to go watch some MD Geist or other associated trash OVAs. It could be so so much worse.

MD Geist may be a hilariously bad ova but it looks 100x better than Jojo. In fact most lovely 80s OVAs look way better than most trash that gets released nowadays.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I prefer the late 80s/early 90s anime style too but Geist is a loving mess. I even though Phantom Blood looked fine though so what do I know?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Did they make any changes to Dio's street luge?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

The effects animation & fight choreography are incredibly more complex than anything in jojo where the animation was so bad that they couldn't even keep speedwagon in the same spot during concurrent frames so he slowly slid off frame in like ep 5. People conflate something being trashy and horrible with it being badly animated when thats not always the case. Sure trash LN adaptation #141243 will prob look like poo poo. But most OVAs back then had a lot more freedom & time given to them so even if the actual product is atrocious w/r/t writing it would probably still look decent or better than TV anime. (Not particularly the case anymore)

e: I can't believe I'm defending MD Geist again. :wtc:

Uznare fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 14, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
He was withdrawing coolly, don't judge. You're right though, I just picked Geist as it was the first thing I thought of other than Genocyber which I didn't want to bring up. JoJo the manga isn't exactly the pinnacle of good art either until later parts, so stupid faces and hosed proportions and stuff don't stand out to me.

No shame, Geist owns.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Million Ghosts posted:

He was withdrawing coolly, don't judge.

Speedwagon just sloooowly scooting his way out of frame is a very Speedwagon thing to do

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Uznare posted:

e: I can't believe I'm defending MD Geist again. :wtc:

MD Geist is legit good so

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
how could anyone be ashamed of defending md geist, smh

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If the next season of Jojo is a power point presentation, I will still take it over no Jojo at all.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Ghost posted:

If the next season of Jojo is a power point presentation, I will still take it over no Jojo at all.

have your butts always done that?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I loved the JJBA OVA - it felt so deliciously early 90's. Also everyone was ripped as gently caress.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, this just happened in LP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Frionnel posted:

So, this just happened in LP

the yikes guy except it's really really big

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

we didn't get to that part yet!!!!!!!!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pomp posted:

have your butts always done that?
there was a thread in byob where someone was enhancing everyone's avatars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

the yikes guy except it's really really big

IMO that's a p cool LP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

we didn't get to that part yet!!!!!!!!

Oh poo poo, I spoiled Dio's thirst for 7up.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
7Up was originally developed as human blood substitute, it's only natural.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The anime, from what I understand, was touch-and-go for Part I and then they fixed things on the Bluray.

Haha what a tiny head

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought the new OP was kinda eh at first, but after listening to it a few times it's pretty hype.

Even the ORA ORA stuff at the end doesn't sound so weird anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Finally.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Can't wait til lunchtime tomorrow.

I know what I'm going to ORA.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Friday..

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
hey does anyone have a link to the manga/youtube edit of jojo's inner dorky thoughts when writing dan's receipt? i looked back a bunch of pages and couldn't find them.

vv thanks mang

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 16, 2015

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Outer Science posted:

hey does anyone have a link to the manga/youtube edit of jojo's inner dorky thoughts when writing dan's receipt? i looked back a bunch of pages and couldn't find them.

vv thanks mang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32Nki0dUHQ

• Locked thread