Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Lego Batman 3, Arrow DLC pack trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYaCZVfTGc

Amell is the best :haw:

Damnit can this guy get any more personable? You just like his Facebook page and you feel like you actually know the guy and then he goes and does something like this. Dude seems chill as hell and I just want to hang out with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Damnit can this guy get any more personable? You just like his Facebook page and you feel like you actually know the guy and then he goes and does something like this. Dude seems chill as hell and I just want to hang out with him.

"I must become something else...something green...something pointy...something...arrow-y"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone LP this for in the thread during the summer hiatus :allears:

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

My understanding was that they wanted to use a different character (Ted Kord/Blue Beetle) but were not allowed, so they're basically adapting Palmer to fit that role, with some appropriate modifications. I imagine if they gave him his own show they'd eventually let him shrink.

At least, I hope so!

Was there ever any explanation why? Is it just because they want to push the Jaime instead? Alien-power based Jaime wouldn't fit this show at all. I hope it wasn't some stupid DC comics reasons.

Dorky inventor Ted Kord would fit the show quite well. I assume they would have written him and cast him differently then they have Palmer. Maybe they'll change their minds somewhere along the lines since Kord industries does still exist in the show.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So that's included in the season pass I got for like, £2 during the steam sale right? Awesome if so.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ashez2ashes posted:

Was there ever any explanation why? Is it just because they want to push the Jaime instead? Alien-power based Jaime wouldn't fit this show at all. I hope it wasn't some stupid DC comics reasons.

Dorky inventor Ted Kord would fit the show quite well. I assume they would have written him and cast him differently then they have Palmer. Maybe they'll change their minds somewhere along the lines since Kord industries does still exist in the show.

My understanding is that relatively last minute DC told them they couldn't use Ted Kord without giving further explanation. Since I doubt they are going to use Kord elsewhere, my guess is they are thinking of using Jaime somewhere(maybe the teen titans show that TNT is developing) and don't want more than one Blue Beetle. But again that's just my speculation.

thebardyspoon posted:

So that's included in the season pass I got for like, £2 during the steam sale right? Awesome if so.

Yeah, but it's only out today for playstation. X-box and PC have to wait.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

ashez2ashes posted:

I'm convinced they would've done very little differently if it actually was Ted Kord. Brandon Routh is a great get, and he's playing an excitable technology-obsessed nerd who wants to use that tech to fight crime. He's more Blue Beetle than Atom by a wide margin, though I'm really only familiar with the former.

But seriously: how can they introduce "shrinking powers" in a way that isn't absurd and silly, even if he has his own show? I'd way rather see them come up with some sort of weird meta power that tangentially relates. Like, he can bend and warp space around him, or do some particle-wave duality thing to phase around, or something else theoretical-physics-sounding. Though I guess some of this is Flash stuff.

It's mostly that I don't care about fidelity with the original Ray Palmer, so I'd way rather they go off-book and do something cool. "Man fights a giant insect" doesn't sound like a premise for a multi-season show.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

ashez2ashes posted:

It is undoubtedly some stupid DC Comics reasons. Probably the fact that Geoff Johns has been trying to get a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle show off the ground for years (at the very least since that one Smallville episode) which would almost certainly involve Ted Kord in some capacity.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The pic he posted fist-bumping his little girl after they got the renewal news was :3: as hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xealot posted:

But seriously: how can they introduce "shrinking powers" in a way that isn't absurd and silly, even if he has his own show?

This is a TV universe where they've teased Gorilla Grodd twice and the reaction has been an overwhelming,"yessssssssssssssssssssss" from the audience - I doubt anybody is going to be upset all of a sudden if a guy called Atom can shrink down really small.

I remember it used to be one of the more fun powers on Misfits of Science :)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rarity posted:

Someone LP this for in the thread during the summer hiatus :allears:

Why wait until the summer? It is literally one level. Hell, I would LP it this weekend if I didn't have to work inventory.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jerusalem posted:

This is a TV universe where they've teased Gorilla Grodd twice and the reaction has been an overwhelming,"yessssssssssssssssssssss" from the audience - I doubt anybody is going to be upset all of a sudden if a guy called Atom can shrink down really small.

I remember it used to be one of the more fun powers on Misfits of Science :)

Except shrinking is a dumb power. Look how stupid the Ant Man movie looks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bad Moon posted:

I haven't actually seen the trailer for that film yet, but I pretty much lost all interest the moment I heard Edgar Wright wasn't directing it anymore.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Momma Smoak gonna make a comeback

Also apparently people were speculating that Deadshot was Felicity's dad? What the gently caress Tumblr?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Scyantific posted:

Momma Smoak gonna make a comeback

Also apparently people were speculating that Deadshot was Felicity's dad? What the gently caress Tumblr?
unf

And really, Deadshot? I mean, at least say Wells. Jeez, the nerve of some people.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Jerusalem posted:

I'm actually gonna go ahead and say that more people care about Gorilla Grodd than they care about Ray Palmer in the comics.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't actually seen the trailer for that film yet, but I pretty much lost all interest the moment I heard Edgar Wright wasn't directing it anymore.

There's a pretty funny line about Antman being a dumb name, but also a lot of "be a hero for your daughter" angst.

Pass.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

So did Marvel, by the look of it.
Shrinking is a dumb power, just like boxing glove arrows, earthquake machines, and Australian ninjas are all really dumb. There's no reason it can't be the good kind of dumb, like those ended up being.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

There's a pretty funny line about Antman being a dumb name, but also a lot of "be a hero for your daughter" angst.

Pass.
The "Huh..." in the trailer is also the most Paul Rudd line delivery I've ever heard.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sober posted:

unf

And really, Deadshot? I mean, at least say Wells. Jeez, the nerve of some people.

Remember when people were saying Ivo was Felicity's dad?

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Xealot posted:

But seriously: how can they introduce "shrinking powers" in a way that isn't absurd and silly, even if he has his own show? I'd way rather see them come up with some sort of weird meta power that tangentially relates. Like, he can bend and warp space around him, or do some particle-wave duality thing to phase around, or something else theoretical-physics-sounding.
They pretty much already said what his power was going to be, I'm pretty sure - pulling out tiny versions of things and making them big again.

Possibly shrinking other objects he can see or touch, like guns doors or cars.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Remember when people were saying Ivo was Felicity's dad?

It seems like Felicity's dad is someone super smart, it's just a matter of who and have they been introduced yet and if not, when? It's likely someone not introduced though and it's being saved for later

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Xelkelvos posted:

It seems like Felicity's dad is someone super smart, it's just a matter of who and have they been introduced yet and if not, when? It's likely someone not introduced though and it's being saved for later

Felicity Smoak Wayne

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's obviously Dr Wells.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

It's obviously Dr Wells.

Yeah but Dr. Wells when?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Right!?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

You mean "look at how great the convention teaser from last year was" and that was The Atom in everything but name and getting into the room via a phone line.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Felicity Smoak Wayne Savage

:getin:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Felicity Smoak Wayne Savage Darkseid

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

"This is my father, Douglas Side."

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Extended version of the trailer for next week:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=512360578901979&set=vb.104137579724283&type=2&theater

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I'm for Felicity being Arrowverse Orion.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It'll be Merlyn. Merlyn is everyone's dad as it turns out.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Even his own!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

Even his own!

Due to the flash he did the nasty in the pasty

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

So over the Christmas break while visiting with family I was catching up on Season 3 and my mom watched bits and pieces of episodes and said she wanted to watch from the beginning. She didn't see anything really spoilery except that oliver and felicity are pseudo-in-love and that roy is arsenal now. ANYWAY, I started rewatching the series with her from season 1 and I have found her critique/opinions of the show hilarious. We are just about done with season 1 and here are a few of her thoughts so far:
"How does anybody not realize that it's him under that hood. He's not even wearing a mask!"
"Laurel needs to die"
"Oliver needs to get his poo poo together and make up his mind"
"I want Tommy to become his own man and stop relying on other people." :(
"The mom is a bitch. I hope she gets what's coming to her."
In regards to Felicity: "I just love that girl."
Keep in mind she is a conservative lady in her late 50's who watches maybe 8 movies in a whole year and has never seen any marvel/dc movie or read comics.
Just goes to show that the average show-watcher's opinions basically echo everything said in this thread.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Rurea posted:

So over the Christmas break while visiting with family I was catching up on Season 3 and my mom watched bits and pieces of episodes and said she wanted to watch from the beginning. She didn't see anything really spoilery except that oliver and felicity are pseudo-in-love and that roy is arsenal now. ANYWAY, I started rewatching the series with her from season 1 and I have found her critique/opinions of the show hilarious. We are just about done with season 1 and here are a few of her thoughts so far:
"How does anybody not realize that it's him under that hood. He's not even wearing a mask!"
"Laurel needs to die"
"Oliver needs to get his poo poo together and make up his mind"
"I want Tommy to become his own man and stop relying on other people." :(
"The mom is a bitch. I hope she gets what's coming to her."
In regards to Felicity: "I just love that girl."
Keep in mind she is a conservative lady in her late 50's who watches maybe 8 movies in a whole year and has never seen any marvel/dc movie or read comics.
Just goes to show that the average show-watcher's opinions basically echo everything said in this thread.

This is pretty funny. I'm surprised that someone who has no interest in comic book/superhero media would want to watch this show. Out of curiosity, what interested her about it?

"Oliver needs to get his poo poo together and make up his mind" Also, what particularly was she referring to with this? There a lot of different ways Oliver needs to get his poo poo together.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm guessing him and Laurel's on/off non-love-triangle non-relationship.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Due to the flash he did the nasty in the pasty

Wouldn't that make him the savior of the universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I dont know posted:

This is pretty funny. I'm surprised that someone who has no interest in comic book/superhero media would want to watch this show. Out of curiosity, what interested her about it?
Probably the characters, the fast moving plot with it's twists and turns, and Oliver being shirtless. Shirtless all the time. Every comic book reference goes way over her head but she is still totally hooked.

quote:

"Oliver needs to get his poo poo together and make up his mind" Also, what particularly was she referring to with this? There a lot of different ways Oliver needs to get his poo poo together.

VDay posted:

I'm guessing him and Laurel's on/off non-love-triangle non-relationship.
That's the answer. As soon as he kissed Shado in the flashback she groaned.

• Locked thread