Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What I'm saying is it's Paul Heyman, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Am I the only one who feels kind of bad whenever the Talkin Shop guys talk about the fan who buys Gallows' gear?

That Luke Gallows fetishist gets to hang out with the man himself, he's probably pretty happy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Am I the only one who feels kind of bad whenever the Talkin Shop guys talk about the fan who buys Gallows' gear?

nah, its not like I'm some weirdbeard that would track Takanori down and hassle him about it. I think its pretty cool Gallows has figured out all these ways to make moneys.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"Jim Cornette, do you watch anime? Would you ever cosplay?"

"Well I think I cosplayed on TV for 25 years..."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

nah, its not like I'm some weirdbeard that would track Takanori down and hassle him about it. I think its pretty cool Gallows has figured out all these ways to make moneys.

It's probably Gomi and Gomi can handle it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
"I'm not trying, don't ask me to explain their booking now. I mean if you want me to explain Gedo's booking, I'll try. If you want me to explain their booking, you know, it's like I can't do it anymore,. What do you want me to say? It's dumb, okay?"

- Dave Meltzer on WWE's booking of Dean Ambrose

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the weirdest shop talk yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cactus Jack posted:

"I'm not trying, don't ask me to explain their booking now. I mean if you want me to explain Gedo's booking, I'll try. If you want me to explain their booking, you know, it's like I can't do it anymore,. What do you want me to say? It's dumb, okay?"

- Dave Meltzer on WWE's booking of Dean Ambrose

Its the same booking they did to Daniel Bryan, imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
given what's happening to Reigns, I can't tell the difference between bad booking and intentional burying anymore

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alain Post posted:

given what's happening to Reigns, I can't tell the difference between bad booking and intentional burying anymore

No promo time and losing every match you're in is intentional.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daniel Bryan posted:

No promo time and losing every match you're in is intentional.

Ambrose had like three segments dude.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alain Post posted:

Ambrose had like three segments dude.

I was just answering your question. I never said I thought they were intentionally burying Ambrose.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He had a segment which was the throughline to the entire show, and then was in the main event. He's losing because WWE doesn't understand how to book matches, but they're clearly high on him as a performer. whoops too late

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan could get over doing bad comedy segments and losing matches and he's not even a star!
If Ambrose can't do it it's his own fault.

e: Dave went oddly silent in the middle of the Raw recap.
No comment on Bryan's promo at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The "lost" Heyman interview was interesting, maybe because I'd already heard Austin talk about how he personally wasn't on his game. It seemed quite noticeable to me that Austin wasn't really reacting/responding well to Heyman's excellent stories, he mostly seemed more interested in moving on to his next questions. It was the kind of softball interview you might expect from JR - perfectly fine to listen to but lacking in the usual back-and-forth chemistry between Austin and his guest. It's to Austin credit that after finishing it, he told Heyman,"Man I hosed that up, wanna do it again?", and to Heyman's credit that he said,"Sure, let's go another 2 hours!"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
haha, awesome, MLW disses on Colt Cabana again at the beginning of this week's episode.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Alain Post posted:

Dave said that the promos are made to humanize Reigns (Why? Isn't he supposed to be a badass?) and that Vince is the one personally doing them. He actually thinks they are going to help Roman Reigns become a star, so this isn't a burial.

My own commentary: Vince is in full Al Davis mode and poo poo isn't going to get better until he is gone or dead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought Raw was pretty good but the overall direction is so clueless that it is making me rethink doing a sizable WWE stock buy when it tanks for the Q4 numbers. My brain knows this company is on track to be profitable a year from now but there's so many signs that they've lost all direction and have no hope of getting it back.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think if they ruin Roman Reigns the way they have been then they're a Cena injury away from genuine catastrophe

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I thought Raw was pretty good but the overall direction is so clueless that it is making me rethink doing a sizable WWE stock buy when it tanks for the Q4 numbers. My brain knows this company is on track to be profitable a year from now but there's so many signs that they've lost all direction and have no hope of getting it back.

I really hope that they start suffering business/financial wise enough for this to happen just so that it might make them consider changing poo poo up creatively.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

savinhill posted:

I really hope that they start suffering business/financial wise enough for this to happen just so that it might make them consider changing poo poo up creatively.

It seems as though that is really the only way. It would have to get really bad for anything to happen though. I mean, the whole Network launch fiasco didn't do poo poo really.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

savinhill posted:

They've made a ton of cuts to make it possible for the business to profit with an underperforming Network but if they suffer another drop who knows if they can cut costs. That's when they might have to make real changes.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bryan could get over doing bad comedy segments and losing matches and he's not even a star!
If Ambrose can't do it it's his own fault.
He is though, it's Reigns that is losing heat quick with Vince helping him.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

There is probably like a 100 other things better to invest in.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

The "lost" Heyman interview was interesting, maybe because I'd already heard Austin talk about how he personally wasn't on his game. It seemed quite noticeable to me that Austin wasn't really reacting/responding well to Heyman's excellent stories, he mostly seemed more interested in moving on to his next questions. It was the kind of softball interview you might expect from JR - perfectly fine to listen to but lacking in the usual back-and-forth chemistry between Austin and his guest. It's to Austin credit that after finishing it, he told Heyman,"Man I hosed that up, wanna do it again?", and to Heyman's credit that he said,"Sure, let's go another 2 hours!"

I've still got about 30 mins left to listen to, but I liked his explanation of why JR is such a good commentator.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, all those little things like just pausing for a few moments to let stuff sink in before moving on to the next bit was really great. His long-winded explanation of how he saw his role as color commentator (particularly at Wrestlemania 17) was also very interesting.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

savinhill posted:

haha, awesome, MLW disses on Colt Cabana again at the beginning of this week's episode.

It's mostly MSL backing out of previously dissing Cabana, because he (MSL) is a chump. I don't recall Bauer or Konnan having any issues with him beyond making fun of him for possibly dating Isis the Amazon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cabana is cool and I wish he'd come back to PWG.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cabana is cool and I wish he'd come back to PWG.

Me too. Sometimes I wonder if MSL's gossip about Colt being a dick has some merit, because it seems like none of the larger US indies book him anymore.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

savinhill posted:

If prior evidence if any indication they will find everything to blame but creative. It sometimes seems like they're so focused on all their other revenue streams and adding new ones that doesn't even occur to them that creative is at the center of everything.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

"Jim Cornette, do you watch anime? Would you ever cosplay?"

"Well I think I cosplayed on TV for 25 years..."

ANSWER THE QUESTION JIM!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would like a Craig and Dave show. Forget the long awaited Dave and Vinny show, I want Craig and Dave. "Aztec Warfare what's that?" (Dave talks for 20 minutes.) Craig is the best.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
new wo/f4 lineups

dave/craig
vinny/mike
bryan/wang

no lance never.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

new wo/f4 lineups

dave/craig
vinny/mike
bryan/wang

no lance never.

Lance/Coughlin.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lance and Konnan would be a really good show.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Lance and Konnan would be a really good show.
Lance wouldn't approve of Konnan's offbeat shenanigans (or Iranian tobacco).

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Lance and Todd, just to see how insufferable things can get

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dario the Wop posted:

Lance wouldn't approve of Konnan's offbeat shenanigans (or Iranian tobacco).

Lance was the guest on one of the best MLW shows ever, so he'd do fine with Konnan.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Todd, Lance and Vinny show

Also as much flak as Bryan gets, he's a good host. Mike is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave, Gallows, and Wai Ting for my podcast King of Trios

• Locked thread