Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I know my sister would love that Hello Kitty wallet but I imagine mailing it to Canada may be a bit more expensive/problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

One problem with the story quest is there are a few dead spots most notably between about 45 and 50.

Lets not forget the entire lead up to Titan.

Luna Was Here posted:

I am Space Dandy, I will PM you later if you actually want to send that to me

I am so happy this happened.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
I'm about halfway through 49 right now and I feel like I've done less than a handful of "extra" (got gear and GC turn-ins along with the EXP) dungeons while progressing through the main quest. I'd say that some of the silly fetch quests where they string you along (yeah, Tidus) are a lot worse than any dead zones where you have to grind out levels. The quests leading up to Titan are definitely the low point, and the Sylph stuff was kind of weak too.

Neat Machine fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 14, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wish Gold Saucer was coming out on the 20th.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We're an attempt or two from killing phoenix. :feelsgood:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
WE JUST CLEARED T12 AHHHHHHH [>]Augmented Ironworks Magitek Spear :3:

And now...

(taken by groupmate, I'm on the far left)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pksage posted:

And now...

We started our last attempt with 12 minutes remaining in the instance. We had about 12% when we ran out of time and had one death during that run.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does he play in CGA?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

pksage posted:

And now...

Grats

We just one-shot T12 and I got my twine as well. :frog::respek::frog:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Goddamn, all these new upcoming features sound amazing. I always heard that they were gonna add the Golden Saucer, but I always thought that would be a down the road "Next Expansion" sorta deal.

Well, that settles it. I'm resubbing and joining you lot on Excalibur.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cacodad posted:

I'm having a lot of fun playing this lately. I started an Archer, with the intent to go Bard. I plan to take my time and play through the whole story. Will this take me all the way to 50? Also, is there anything else that is an absolute "must do" on my way to level cap? I'll pick up Carpenter and Botanist as well.

It's not really worth it, both in terms of cash and time, to level up gathering and crafting classes to complement your first combat class. You get more than enough gear from quests and dungeons to get all the way to 50. Not to mention that the crafting system is highly overlapping. It's not like WOW where one crafting class makes everything for one combat class, and one gathering class supplies everything for one crafting class. Bards will want gear from carpentry, armorcrafting, leatherworking, goldsmithing, and weaving, and making gear will require ingredients and sub-components from literally everything (including all three gathering classes). And you'll also need gear to level your crafting class! The whole thing is very convoluted. On the other hand, crafted gear is very good for leveling combat classes after your first. But it's still a pretty hefty time and cash investment.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fancy Corndog posted:

I'm about halfway through 49 right now and I feel like I've done less than a handful of "extra" (got gear and GC turn-ins along with the EXP) dungeons while progressing through the main quest. I'd say that some of the silly fetch quests where they string you along (yeah, Tidus) are a lot worse than any dead zones where you have to grind out levels. The quests leading up to Titan are definitely the low point, and the Sylph stuff was kind of weak too.

Dead zones aren't even that bad; I was lousy with skipping quests and started running into level requirement blocks around 30. However, I usually had a new dungeon to run whenever I did. Between that and the LLDR it easily takes me up and over the level requirement.

The worst part for me was the run up to Garuda (Not Ishgard).

I had hoped the last step in that horrid crystal questline was "Shove crystal up unfunny jerk's rear end"

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 14, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah the dead zones are a lot better than they used to be. In 2.0, dungeon mobs were worth about the same amount of XP as normal overworld mobs, and duty roulettes weren't a thing yet, so you got almost nothing from running dungeons. Your only option was to grind FATEs.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

I've completed my transformation. All that remains is to use Fracture on the world.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fancy Corndog posted:

this is very well thought out but tbh i think that actress' voice is just really dumb sounding

A lot of the English VAs sound dumb. Like, they either overact or put on a goofy voice to the point where Alphinaud is the only one that sounds okay but gently caress Alphinaud

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I actually like using the French VAs when I play. :shobon:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Is something going on with FFGoons? Forums are "down" for me, needless to say.

I hope my briefing posts aren't rip forever :ohdear:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Reminders to PBC/DGKK players that we have a general rule that you can't break the TOS because we shouldn't have to worry about if you're going to get the FCs in trouble with your behavior.

This means if we catch your dead body on the ground trying to target things automatically and you can't tell us a clever joke as to why you're miming being a bot we're going to kick you out of the FC because if we find you pubbies surely have too. We've kicked for botting before and we will do it again. If we have to, we'll ban you for good from the healing light of the goon FCs. You just plain don't have the right to be a lazy fuckstick whom puts everyone else's shared assets at risk.

Thanks for your understanding!

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
So I logged into my character I"ve got over on Ultros to check out how my real life friends are doing and well..

I'm not quite sure how.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

So, has any other Scholars out there ran into issues gearing their retainer? My retainer hit 50, and I was going to toss her some of my hand-me-down gear... only to discover that all my high end gear is either Scholar Exclusive, or CNJ WHM SCH. ...Not Arcanist. Arcanist that the retainer is. Because the retainer can't equip Job Crystals.

All the high level Arcanist wearable gear is Summoner gear.

My retainer doesn't get to wear my free stuff and I'm grumpy. I don't think other classes get this issue (Warrior stuff is MRD WAR, Paladin stuff is GLA PAL, etc). All my items are for Adult Scholars, Adult White Mages and Baby White Mages, leaving my poor Arcanist retainer bereft of 50+ things.

Maybe you should have looked at your gear before you convinced yourself that your retainer would be able to wear your gear? I'm sure the quality of your posting would be a lot better if you also hand the presence of mind to not assume Arcanist gets to wear all your gear without looking beforehand and spending the WEEKS it takes to level a retainer to 50.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's an easy mistake to make.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Xenoletum posted:

I'm not quite sure how.

If you put something under objects that they can rest on you can leave them suspended there until the object has some other force exerted on it. :science:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

RuanGacho posted:

If you put something under objects that they can rest on you can leave them suspended there until the object has some other force exerted on it. :science:

The Living Room one I was able to stand in, but I'm guessing it's the shelf that is keeping it in place, unless someone sitting or standing in it wouldn't trigger it back to the ground.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Square Enix doesn't seem to give a poo poo if you bot. I'm friends with a couple that plays on Gilgamesh and both of them blatantly bot all day when they aren't raiding. One of them got all of their alexandrite for two relics from fates that way. Neither of them have been jailed and I'm pretty sure they've been reported many times.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I'm of the (most likely unpopular) opinion that the English VAs are pretty alright and prefer them to the Japanese ones. :) I don't even mind Minfilia. She's not good but she isn't as terrible as some people claim. They definitely have improved though since the start of the game.

I finally caught up on the story after getting as far as the Qarn quest in 2.1 on my original character, and I quite enjoy it! Definitely can't wait to see how all the 2.5 stuff plays out. The big numbers of Black Mage continue to be my favorite thing ever too.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

2.5 site is live

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

I actually like using the French VAs when I play. :shobon:

You can change voice acting language?
Hm...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you can swap em around. When I first started the game everything was in Japanese, then I found the English option in the launcher works (it disables itself after login, so I thought it didn't work), but then suddenly everyone had a different voice, which was annoying, so I changed that back again. I think it's in "Other settings" somewhere.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Woo! Excalibur is actually open! There are RPers on this server, right? I named my character Ann Anime with the intention of messing with RPers at some point.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Is there any chance that one of you lore-loving raid types could post a quick spoiler-y rundown of the lore stuff from Binding Coil of Bahamut? I doubt I'll run that set of dungeons any time soon, and from what I understand there's some pretty huge lore revelations in them.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Zelmel posted:

Is there any chance that one of you lore-loving raid types could post a quick spoiler-y rundown of the lore stuff from Binding Coil of Bahamut? I doubt I'll run that set of dungeons any time soon, and from what I understand there's some pretty huge lore revelations in them.

(FCOB spoilers)
The second moon Dalamud was a prison for the Elder Primal, Bahamut. Bahamut is the primal of the Meracydians, a long dead race of dragons who called upon their god to fight the allagan empire, who entombed both the god and his people in the moon in a state of slumber to harvest the god as an energy source for the Crystal Tower. Upon the realization of Project Meteor, Dalamud was shattered and Bahamut escaped to continue his ancient rampage upon Eorzea however the archon Louisoix called upon the desperate pleas of the people fighting at the battle of Carteneau as well as the power of the Twelve in order to become the primal Phoenix with which he banished Bahamut's physical form, however the remnants of the moon scattered across Eorzea sought out the essence of their fled prisoner and found him underground where they set about reconsructing his body, while his essence took the spirits of Nael Van Darnus and Louisoix as thralls to protect him while the internment hulks of Dalamud finished their tasks. Having defeated traversed the coil and defeated Nael and Louisoix, Alisae attempt to shut down the final internment hulk reconstructing Bahamut's body, but finds the Primal is now complete enough to defend itself from their advances. In a last ditch attempt to kill the Primal, you are sent into the heart of Bahamut himself to destroy his essence so that he can be released back into the aether (and you do). Alisae successfully shuts down the last of the three hulks and Bahamut is released back into the aether, and you get a cool axe for your troubles.

The three different coils are internment hulks that seek to regenerate/imprison Bahamut but since they are just the sole engines without the entire system to keep him entombed, if they finish restoring him there'd be nothing to really contain him.

edit: oh and at some point you fight a cyber tree

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 14, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

I am Space Dandy, I will PM you later if you actually want to send that to me

ohi dandy! since it'd fit in an envelope i don't mind sending it, ill be on later today at some point. i do not know how to make origami and my handwriting is a mess so u are poo poo outta luck for other goodies tho.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Perhaps I missed something, but who is the new female Scion? The Roegadyn.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Azubah posted:

Perhaps I missed something, but who is the new female Scion? The Roegadyn.
That's Moenbryda, she was introduced in 2.4 during the Shiva storyline. She's got that white aetheryte thingie going

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The collector's edition is $29.99 for PS Plus members until Jan 20. I'll see you guys on my fat chocobo.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I've found it, the worst poster in the entire official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/214137-Yoshi-P-please-use-future-development-time-on-content-other-than-Hildibrand.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

The collector's edition is $29.99 for PS Plus members until Jan 20. I'll see you guys on my fat chocobo.

It's $22.50 on the PS3 if you're willing to go through the upgrade to PS4 process. How long does that offer last by the way? I know they've extended it once already.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Huh, when I go to FFGoons.com, all I get is a plain white webpage with the words "Welcome to nginx!" at the top. Is there a way to get invited into DGKK since I can't access the forums to go through that auth process in the OP, or is this a super temporary thing and the forums'll be up soon?

EDIT: vv Heheheh, I love how the CHANGE.ORG petition has a whopping two people.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 14, 2015

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I came to post this, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
That WoD armor looks fantastic. Hopefully the stats are SCH friendly this time.

Really great sounding patch on the whole; I've been a touch burned out lately but there is a lot to look forward to over the next month or two.

• Locked thread