Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

I don't expect anything serious on this patch until late summer since R5 time is calculated different than the rest of the universe.

Yeah, probably. Late February, early March is my guess for when the first public playtests go on the PTS.

The game has always been one where you pump dozens of rounds into a group of enemies that don't really react to being hit. Actually, a long time ago, it was mainly about never-ending hoards of trash mobs. I remember complaining about it a long time ago that the game needs fewer, more difficult enemies, as back then the entire AI server would take a poo poo if a couple people were doing squad 3 thumpers. These changes are all about finally introducing skill and precision to the fights, and I am fine with that. If you noticed, enemies were flinching and reacting to being shot at. I think overall these will be good changes, but it will take a while to fully implement.

So yeah, probably a summer expansion type of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I just watched the video and am sad that the burst rifle accuracy still sucks far far worse than the standard AR. Booo.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So it's going to move closer to a true shooter vis a vis destiny?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

So it's going to move closer to a true shooter vis a vis destiny?

Yes, it somewhat seems that way. You should watch the video. FadedPez does a mission with each of the 5 basic Accord frames. But keep in mind that this is still a ways off. I highly doubt they will keep the out-of-combat instant cooldown refresh. Unlimited afterburner when out of combat is just too crazy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

I highly doubt they will keep the out-of-combat instant cooldown refresh. Unlimited afterburner when out of combat is just too crazy.

But that's exactly why they should keep it. And let everyone use afterburner.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

xxEightxx posted:

Was about to ask if it was time for a new thread/thread title. Guess not. :(

Neat changes. The headshot multiplier is going to make OWPVP fun or a royal pain. :gonk:

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Lemon King posted:

Neat changes. The headshot multiplier is going to make OWPVP fun or a royal pain. :gonk:
Haha, first comment with nalin regarding that I said it'll probably make it a nightmare.
Aimbot/headshot with R35 + Off Sin perk + Full health perk + headshot perk, tagged on with the ramped up 'no longer in battle' timer.
Probably going to be having a lot of ducking sniper potshots.

But really I support the direction they're currently heading in, I just hope they don't lose face and run back to a 'safe zone' again like when they dumbed everything down for release.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Well I'd hope that if they're going to revamp the combat system they'll rework the trash perk system.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Fina posted:

Well I'd hope that if they're going to revamp the combat system they'll rework the trash perk system.

Yea changing will cost 5 red beans now.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
So, glider challenge activated early, and I'm not sure they actually played their own maps, considering some of the "boost" rings to go through don't give you enough height/speed to actually get the next ring in line. You have to skip it or bug it out/abuse the fact you can go through old boost rings over again to get enough momentum to get 100% on this devil's tusk medium one.

Not to mention having some of the targets you have to shoot move around the glider ring, and whether or not that target is completely obscured (unhittable) by a world object that the rings overlap is up to chance.

Also, tokens cost both credits and crystite. It's 100 credits per one token (worth one attempt). I couldn't see the price of crystite when I bought the tokens since the text doesn't fit the vendor box.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 13, 2015

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

lewtt posted:

Also, tokens cost both credits and crystite. It's 100 credits per one token (worth one attempt). I couldn't see the price of crystite when I bought the tokens since the text doesn't fit the vendor box.

That's hilarious. Also, Amazon Warfront is now on the PTS. I'll test it out and write some opinions on it when I get home from work tonight.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Finished them all and got "Sky Conqueror" as a title. The Copacabana and Sertao ones were a lot more fun, especially when I realized that short of some likely hidden achievement, shooting the targets really wasn't worth it some of the harder ones. You get one voucher for hitting a target, but nothing else, and the cheapest item is 700 vouchers. There's also only three different items, although theres 6 different types of the aerial core.

I got the birdy :3

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
A hologram pet, eh? Even our imaginary digital pets are just imaginary digital pets.

Is the jet sprint noticeable in that core? The last time I did testing with air sprint cores, they didn't make a difference at all.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
These hard glider challenges are really annoying.. is it just me or are the boosts inconsistent? Green is supposed to go up and purple where you are aiming, but it doesn't seem like that is always the case.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Been playing around with the Amazon Warzone. Convoy missions are a little buggy right now and can break.

Also, look at this:

Single stat mods = 100% each stat, dual-stat mods = 70%, tri-stat mods 50%.

They also have all of the deployment hybrids added, so you can finally get +4 deployment on a multi-turret.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
So uh, weirdest thing happened just now. I was running down the road near Crossroad Stations in Devil's Tusk and I get a HUD pop up to pick up an item, but nothing was visible. Just the regular circle to pick up an item over flat dirt.
I picked it up anyway, and got an objective on my back, except with a weird swirly symbol, and a notification that I picked up "The One of Many Rings".

So LIKE ANY SANE PERSON, I jetpacked up to the highest volcano shortly before receiving a notification that I should toss it in the lava.

I received an achievement and a title.

I'm not sure what to think, mostly because a tiny invisible objective that can be anywhere on the map seems like a gigantic gently caress-you to anyone who wanted the title, but hoo-ray!

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

lewtt posted:

So uh, weirdest thing happened just now. I was running down the road near Crossroad Stations in Devil's Tusk and I get a HUD pop up to pick up an item, but nothing was visible. Just the regular circle to pick up an item over flat dirt.
I picked it up anyway, and got an objective on my back, except with a weird swirly symbol, and a notification that I picked up "The One of Many Rings".

It's a "One of many ring". It's a LOTR reference. It should have been visible, but it's pretty small.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I did that three times, I've spent hours looking for this loving ring and it did not register once.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Anyone have a good build for the Raptor? 37 currently, using the charge rifle with blue charge mods but the AOE capabilities are awful, so I'm considering swapping to R36 (would prefer not to if there's a good charge rifle build).

I'm also sticking my mammoth Health Surge alongside Anatomy Lessons or Hunter on most all my 40 frames for sustain along with a health core. Are there better methods to surviving, or is this the most cost effective tank perk talent?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

lewtt posted:

Anyone have a good build for the Raptor? 37 currently, using the charge rifle with blue charge mods but the AOE capabilities are awful, so I'm considering swapping to R36 (would prefer not to if there's a good charge rifle build).

I'm also sticking my mammoth Health Surge alongside Anatomy Lessons or Hunter on most all my 40 frames for sustain along with a health core. Are there better methods to surviving, or is this the most cost effective tank perk talent?

What type of Raptor do you want? There are some builds that can use either the Charge Rifle or the R36. Raid builds usually use an R36 combined with a Lasting Powerfield (over 10 seconds) and perks to increase damage and rate of fire. A popular PvP build is to use Advanced Decoy + Charge Rifle as it is completely unfair to everybody that isn't a Dread class with Rapid Armor.

There is also a perk to increase your max HP by 25%. That perk is what people will usually use. Then combine either a Health Core or a Scorcher Nest Core and you are good to go. Also consider adding some defensive perks, as you can get around 15-30% resist against common damage types like fire and kinetic.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Another perk to consider for raid builds is Kill Stealer. 30% damage bonus on targets below half health adds up pretty fast against big fatties like lava slug.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Today was a good day. I logged in to my alt account today just to gently caress around for a bit and wound up getting five levels in Sertao. Afterburner makes Sertao far more enjoyable. I saw the Brontodon King event for the first time today and really liked it. I hope more open world events like that start to show up.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Red 5 is giving away PAX warpaint codes on their twitter account every hour for the duration of PAX South.
https://twitter.com/firefall

Its pretty easy. I got it first try just now. Just redeem the keys here:
https://accounts.firefall.com/account/redeem_key

EDIT: Two people just successfully redeemed codes 10 minutes after the 11AM PST batch went up. There is no rush.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 24, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the heads up, will try next hour.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I didn't realize it was an xp boost weekend. I'm getting half a level from OCT/Bronto King every time it pops. Hell, at this rate I'll hit 40 and not even step into DT.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo gently caress typing those keys in. Worst idea making them images.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah. On one hand it makes it a little harder for bots but a lot harder for fleshies. I gave up.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is there still a goon army around on this game?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yes. Two or more but right now there's a lull so you should be easily able to make it into Goons. Failing that, you can join me in Goon2.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Yes. Two or more but right now there's a lull so you should be easily able to make it into Goons. Failing that, you can join me in Goon2.

GOONS has around 20-30 slots. There is more than enough room for all active players to be in GOONS.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Nalin posted:

GOONS has around 20-30 slots. There is more than enough room for all active players to be in GOONS.

Both of them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Alright I think I applied earlier today. I say that because it's been a long drat day.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Applied to GOONS as Taranyr.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Alright I think I applied earlier today. I say that because it's been a long drat day.
You did not apply to GOONS.

bonds0097 posted:

Applied to GOONS as Taranyr.
Accepted your application.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Wow. That 10% xp per maxed frame sure as hell adds up fast. I've been squadding with my 6 year old daughter and I'm gaining two levels to her one. On one hand it's pretty nice to get 200k xp for showing up late to Bronto King or OCT. On the other, I'm running out of frames to max again faster than ever.

Edit: I've been out of game so long I'm not familiar with the new crafting options. People in DT are talking about their gear and it's greek to me. Am I terribly outgunned just by using regular blue gear pre 1.2?

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 28, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Is the leveling guide in the OP still valid?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Sigma-X posted:

Is the leveling guide in the OP still valid?

Yes. I also just now took the time to update it with a direct reference to JobMem and information about Brontodon King in Sertao. Do that event whenever it spawns for a ton of XP.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Brontodon King also spawns in Coral Forest down south so if you need a break from killing El T, it's a good lot of xp and a chance at some interesting loot.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Did anyone ever find a way to refresh the jobs available on a board other than doing jobs until the one you want shows up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Inimicul posted:

Did anyone ever find a way to refresh the jobs available on a board other than doing jobs until the one you want shows up?

My God - someone make this happen. That'd be the greatest thing to happen sense JobMem.

Also, JobMem makes this game 10x better. It enables Terromoto mass-murder and supreme speed bootlegging.

• Locked thread