Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Stux posted:

someone made a COYA game on twitter it's a cool and weird idea I enjoyed it :)

https://www.twitter.com/wnd_go

You see, this is why Stux can stay. He may be retarded and objectively wrong in his opinions, but he doesn't post vindictively. He just genuinely posts what he thinks about gaming, and 90% of the time we can tell him how wrong he is, and 10% of the time we nod and agree.

It's a refreshing alternative to most of this thread, which is just static for the sake of static.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it was super...... GAY!!!!!!

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I am enjoying Far Cry 4 quite a bit. However, I can't get past a list of little things that keep coming up in a way to piss me off . not being able to cancel the heal anim, for example. Mods for this could be really cool. I want shooting primaries while driving, triple patrols, better AI patterns (particularly for friendlies), and trucks with mortars in the back. Grapple anywhere, or at least 300 new grapple spots on the map. Stuff like that.

What little I did find:
More Attachments. Trying this, may report back if interested.
UI cleanup / minimalism mod. I will probably try this, but I use the item/corpse glints.
Same guy also has some changes to the mechanics but they mostly sound bad.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i just beat that dumb boss that requires switching the thermal and regular visor in metroid prime

im glad that's over but its gonna ruin any hopes of my playing the game again

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Annath posted:

The county Courthouse in my town doesn't allow electronics of any kind on the premises. My buddy had to bring a doctor's note to his drivers license pickup because he has an automatic insulin pump.
That's really bizarre. The ones around here don't have any problems with them, you just need to take them out when going through security.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Slice Of Gaming Life: Christ, I want to like Prison Architect, but it's fighting me at every turn. Why aren't the workers laying the one square of pipe? :iiam:, bulldoze a chunk of existing pipes and they'll rebuild it just fine. Why aren't prisoners leaving their cells during Free Time or Yard? :iiam:.

I'm trying to be a decent person by looking up this poo poo on their forums, but surprise surprise I'm getting 1,000 results asking the same question I'm having, 500 results with :iiam: as the general response, and another 500 saying "Yup it's a bug, hey, it's an alpha so you can't expect everything to work!"

I got duped into listening to folks who said "Oh, it's Alpha but it's totally playable even so".

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 13, 2015

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

hubris.height posted:

i just beat that dumb boss that requires switching the thermal and regular visor in metroid prime

The ice golem? I remember the game really picking up around there but I haven't played in ages.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i beat kewpuh in smash brothers. I think that makes me an IK now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

The big problem with that fight is that for some reason you can't lock on and do your lock-dodge when he's rolling, which is obnoxious. It would be fine if you could do that.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

The big problem with that fight is that for some reason you can't lock on and do your lock-dodge when he's rolling, which is obnoxious. It would be fine if you could do that.

:agreed:

i did it an im moving on but that was a really long annoying unfun fight so i don't think i can am gonna whine about it again when i playthrough prime a second time even though the game is loving awesome in every other aspect

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 13, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

:agreed:

i did it an im moving on but that was a really long annoying unfun fight so i don't think i can am gonna whine about it again when i playthrough prime a second time even though the game is loving awesome in every other aspect
You can cheese it slightly by not fully scanning him until the end, so you can lock onto the scan point and use lock dodge.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

hubris.height posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdxjcxWnXU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

hubris.height posted:

It's fun, if you manage to sequence break the game and get a later weapon before fighting golem dude, you can hit him for like, double damage. He's actually weak to it despite the fact it's supposed to be impossible to get by that point.

Prime is a great game, one of the best.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

CharlestonJew posted:

i beat kewpuh in smash brothers. I think that makes me an IK now.

everybody beats me in smash

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nuclear throne owns and you guys should all buy it

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Eonwe posted:

nuclear throne owns and you guys should all buy it

What is it? Seems like it's sorta roguelike, sorta shooter, RNG. And something about mutations? Sell me on it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ullerrm posted:

What is it? Seems like it's sorta roguelike, sorta shooter, RNG. And something about mutations? Sell me on it.

he just did.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ullerrm posted:

it is those things, and its pretty tough and there are lots of weapons and you can take mutations by gathering rads

each character also has their own unique mutation, like the crystal can teleport around when turning into a crystal

its fun

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's pretty cool but it should seriously cost about $1. Don't do it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Eonwe posted:

it is those things, and its pretty tough and there are lots of weapons and you can take mutations by gathering rads

each character also has their own unique mutation, like the crystal can teleport around when turning into a crystal

its fun

Okay, I'll look at it :) I still think one of my best gaming experiences ever was with the old Final Fantasy Legend for the Game Boy, and making a gigantic grid to try and figure out how the mutation system for monster PCs. Sadly, it also screwed me; my first playthrough had an all-mutant party, and I got stuck on the fourth world -- too weak to survive the random encounters there, even with powerleveling. I put it aside and never came back to it, and it got stolen out of my car a few years later. Never beat the game until decades later, on an emulator.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

It's pretty cool but it should seriously cost about $1. Don't do it.

on the other hand developers should make a profit on good games that they spend years of time creating

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I know they've been working on it for a while, but I assume it's been just a side-project because it feels pretty much like what you'd expect from a game designed for a gamejam. There's no way they've dedicated any serious time to it given that it's got about as much content as a newsground flash game thrown together in a month or two.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

I know they've been working on it for a while, but I assume it's been just a side-project because it feels pretty much like what you'd expect from a game designed for a gamejam. There's no way they've dedicated any serious time to it given that it's got about as much content as a newsground flash game thrown together in a month or two.

aren't they just two dudes?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
they should have gamejams with no advertising involved, don't even stream it. just get a bunch of smart gamer goons together and give them coffee, see what they come up with.

or at least be sponsored by a company less insane than mountain dew, who replaced all the vending machines with mtn dew, even their water, and kept telling people to hold the bottle with the logo aimed at the camera

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I pretty much never pay more than $5 for games anymore and my Steam library is still growing faster than I can play through it so I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to play when it hits a Humble Bundle 6 months from now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Get this; in new year's, people who owned it got an extra copy to gift.
You can probably still get it for free.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Journey is the best game ever

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
This is the slowest chat thread I;ve ever seen and not worthy of the title.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
nuclear throne looks alright but if you want an unfinished game with lots of explosions n poo poo just go buy Broforce instead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can't chat playing games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wwwww

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

precision posted:

Journey is the best game ever

It is really good on the first play through and I am really glad I avoided all information about it even though I played it a year after release. Luckily I wasn't the only one.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Total War: WARHAMMER.
:stare:
My body is ready.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Has there ever been a party based WWII RPG? Or at least a tactics RPG? There are so many FPS, RTS, and strategy games with that setting that I figure someone must have tried a different game genre at some point.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

If its not the shooting warhammers with the funny orks, whats the point?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Red Goddess thread is the best. :allears:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

If its not the shooting warhammers with the funny orks, whats the point?
Don't be a snob.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

sticklefifer posted:

Has there ever been a party based WWII RPG? Or at least a tactics RPG? There are so many FPS, RTS, and strategy games with that setting that I figure someone must have tried a different game genre at some point.

Operation Darkness was an SRPG set in WWII where you assassinate Hitler and also there are vampires and werewolves. It was pretty terrible.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant took place during WWI but it was rad as hell back in the day.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I imagine a warhammer game with the nemesis system from shadow of mordor would be pretty spectacular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone give me a link to the Destiny thread?

• Locked thread