Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do so many of these stories contain the phrase "without mising a beat"? If I'm reading something and that phrase comes up I can't help but instantly dismiss whatever I'm reading as STDH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why would you leave the glasses on the counter? You would put them under the counter or behind you, not leave them out on the counter in case someone but a heavy item up on the counter and crushed them etc.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Plus why the hell keep the fact that you know the owner of the glasses like some secret whammy for the end, as if bringing that up earlier wouldn't have invalidated the conversation. I know the answer is STDH but goddamn.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Manager:*looks at me*"[my name]?"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Your Computer posted:

I swear, there are several stdh.txt on imgur every day now.

It's been like that for a while, they actually have a stdh tag now and often tag them right. :ssh:

jodai posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Manager:*looks at me*"[my name]?"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What the gently caress

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ontent=20150114

quote:

Testifying about a request for a protective order against him, race car driver Kurt Busch told a Dover, Del., court this week that his former girlfriend is an assassin. Patricia Driscoll, who dated Busch for four years, requested the order last November, shortly after their relationship ended.

Driscoll has also filed a criminal complaint against Busch, alleging that he grabbed her and slammed her head into the wall of his motor coach at Dover International Speedway last fall. Busch denies those claims, which the authorities have been considering separately.

Those circumstances brought about four days of testimony from Busch and Driscoll that almost certainly stands unique among anything ever heard in a family court.

The former NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, 36, said that Driscoll "is a trained assassin dispatched on covert missions around the world," The Associated Press reports. The news agency adds: "Busch said Driscoll repeatedly asserted her assassin status and claimed the work took her on missions across Central and South America and Africa."

"Everybody on the outside can tell me I'm crazy, but I lived on the inside and saw it firsthand," Busch said.

"Busch offered up specific examples of her returning from missions, sometimes with bruises.
"Once, he said, they were in El Paso, Texas, where Driscoll had left that night in camouflage and boots. She returned later to the hotel at which he was staying wearing a trench coat. Under it she was wearing an evening gown splattered with blood and other matter, Busch testified."

Those details add to a picture that was painted earlier, when Busch and others testified "that Driscoll claimed she was a trained assassin who had killed people, including drug lords," the AP reported Monday.

Busch and his attorney, Rusty Hardin, are holding up Driscoll's status as a mercenary to refute her claims that she was abused.

"I know that she could take me down at any moment," Busch told his attorney Monday, "because she's a bad-rear end."

:psyduck:

The Bride from Kill Bill married a Race Car Driver?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Broken Things posted:

Pretty telling that they all feel the need to edit in order to tell internet strangers that it definitely happened.

[girl]friend sounds like some sort of programming function.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Such rascals

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Alabaster White posted:

[girl]friend sounds like some sort of programming function.

Beep boop

[girl] IF female goto FEDORA
[girl] IF male goto MTDEW

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
^^ what the heck?? That's so loving boring. Why would they make up something so stupid. Ugh. Its like a pure distilled version of the least interesting stdh.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Almost everyone I know who plays Magic is terrible with money because they spend it to get more Magic cards.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Why do people have to ruin a perfectly good picture of a cute seal

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
"large amounts of money" okay, sure dude.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Leninboarrir posted:

"large amounts of money" okay, sure dude.

It's reminding me of that goon a while back who was claiming she had like super duper amounts of money from a ridiculously successful business (it might have been real estate but I don't remember) until people in the thread started pointing out inconsistencies and poo poo that just plum didn't make sense.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The one who claimed her jewelry business made her rich while still a teenager?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

ibntumart posted:

The one who claimed her jewelry business made her rich while still a teenager?

Yeah, that sounds like it might be right. Just thsi whole weird rags-to-riches story with all these conveniently benevolent people coming in providing the money that wouldn't have made sense for her to have and the employees/workforce that would have been necessary. Or did she claim she alone did everything? I might be mixing up multiple people.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I could swear someone linked that thread in the previous STDH thread. I might try to dig it up after work and repost the story if no one beats me to it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ibntumart posted:

I could swear someone linked that thread in the previous STDH thread. I might try to dig it up after work and repost the story if no one beats me to it.

Please do, sounds good!

Courtesy of Clickhole

Clickhole posted:

A college professor was addressing his history class. He began his lecture by saying, “Let’s get one thing straight: God is not real; the only God is Obama and the powerful female clitoris.” One student raised his hand and stood up and said, “Sir, I’m sorry to interrupt, but where I come from we don’t talk bad about God, because he’s our best friend.” The professor then said, “What are you, an idiot? Shut up, idiot. This is college and we hate Christ. Who do you think you are, Christian?” The student responded by picking up his bag, putting on his cowboy hat and punching the teacher in the face. “My name is Sgt. Johnathan Gunderson. And your plan won’t work, Goltar.” Because when the sergeant punched the professor, he punched the mask off of his face, revealing the praying mantis head underneath. “You’ve figured out my evil plan this time, Sgt. Gunderson. But as long as there are aborted fetuses for me to feast upon, I will always be stronger than America!” He then flew away to his lair. Share this status if you want to save America and end abortion.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

edit: I should be nice

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

This is from an article on Buzzfeed titled something like "Parents who had the perfect response to LGBT issues." I find fetishizing strangers just for being gay and remarking on such TO YOUR CHILD to be an imperfect response to ANY situation. Thank god this never happened. Ew.

EDIT: cranberry sauce tastes funny now

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jan 16, 2015

epopt
Feb 12, 2008

ibntumart posted:

I'd be interested to read that again too, I definitely remember that thread. The goon claimed she had been selling silver around the world from a very young age, bought her own house, etc. She kept getting called out for lying, people asked if she was helping run her parents' silver business which would be believable but she was adamant it was her own business. She had employees and was able to purchase a house as a teenager or something, I think she was from Norway iirc. The most memorable part of the thread for me was when I think she was asked how she was able to sell around the world and her response was "Silver sings in all languages, my friend :smuggo: "

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
I think she also claimed to have been involved with a drug cartel, or some kind of gang. Something like that. I might have an exaggerated memory of it because everything she said was such horseshit, but I think her whole spiel started out talking about some kind of bad rear end gang she was a part of.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

EDIT: cranberry sauce tastes funny now

This is so low effort I'm pretty sure a 13 year old wrote it

Astro Panda
Dec 21, 2012

Do you even LOTR?!

Marley Wants More posted:

I think she also claimed to have been involved with a drug cartel, or some kind of gang. Something like that. I might have an exaggerated memory of it because everything she said was such horseshit, but I think her whole spiel started out talking about some kind of bad rear end gang she was a part of.

Wasn't her main gripe in the E/N thread she posted about her relationship was that her lovely boyfriend wouldn't buy her a stand mixer or something? I know a stand mixer was involved, and it was very important.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

Astro Panda posted:

Wasn't her main gripe in the E/N thread she posted about her relationship was that her lovely boyfriend wouldn't buy her a stand mixer or something? I know a stand mixer was involved, and it was very important.

It wasn't even a gripe, she posted the email she sent to her ex that she thought was a wicked :iceburn: .

When goons called her out on being a piece of poo poo, her comeback was "Yeah well, I've owned a house since I was 14, so I'm nature." :smug:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Yeah, I remember that. She was upset about something her boyfriend got/didn't get her for some occasion. He got her X and she would have preferred Y or Z, and Y and Z were something odd like "some drugstore chocolates or a [$300] stand mixer, you know, just anything."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That thread was great and if it wasn't goldmined it should have been.

silvermined

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Marley Wants More posted:

I think that was a different girl. It was an A/T thread by some guy who was in a California Asian street gang as a kid when that was still a thing in the 90s, and was actually p believable. He made it clear he was only a small potatoes teen in the scheme of things and only got involved small-time shakedowns and clumsy street brawls.

Then another user jumped in talking about how she and her brother, both orphans on their own, rose to the top of an East Coast Asian gang in the same timeframe, complete with swearing bloody revenge when her bro was assassinated (tearful dying last words to her too iirc), becoming the biggest badass in East Coast gang history, changing her identity to leave the gang life for an Ivy League school, and becoming a world-class physicist or something. She got called out for constantly using West Coast gang slang that was popularized by thug rap but not really used on the East Coast in the 90s.

I'd love to find that thread again. Went from interesting (the OPs experiences) to bullshit (badass gang leader physicist fantasy) very suddenly in the last few pages.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Mr. Belpit posted:

I'd love to find that thread again. Went from interesting (the OPs experiences) to bullshit (badass gang leader physicist fantasy) very suddenly in the last few pages.

That was a good one. She brushed off all the really ridiculous poo poo with "well this is just the kind of hardcore stuff that goes down in Hong Kong gangs." None of the HK goons have ever heard of any such things happening and she ignored requests for sources in English or Chinese.

One thing that stands out in my memory was her suggestion that forcing a person to stay in a dog cage for weeks at a time was a common practice. I searched for that in Chinese and got back regular old stories about elderly poor people paying to live in cage homes because they can't afford ridiculous HK housing prices and then I made myself sad.

If only those gangs would let poor old people live in their punishment cages for free :ohdear:

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
From our very own YLLS.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

So I went to pick up one of my friends today. I've hung out with her a lot but hadn't met her husband before. He opened the door and asked who I was, then grunted and shut it and apparently made her come back and open it for me. Then when she introduced me, he tried to do the "Squeeze until the other guy backs down" handshake. I don't usually go for alpha male bullshit, but hey, if he started it...anyway, I backed him down and made him whimper before I let go. He got all alpha male telling me how to get where we were going, while I was puzzled at the tone and the implication that we didn't both have smartphones and an in-car GPS to get us where we were going. And it was a mile away so even if we drove around aimlessly we'd probably find it.

Anyway we had a nice time, just had coffee and chatted.

It was only when she texted me this evening that he went on a rant that I was taller than he was, more fit than he was, dressed better than he was, driving a nicer car than he has (well he doesn't have any since he totaled it), better groomed than he was, that the penny dropped. Like "Oh, he was jealous, I thought he was just an rear end in a top hat!"

My first reaction was "Wow, and I haven't worked out in a few months. He's going to be super jealous once I get my workout routine back on track." :smugdog:

Guess it's time to check out the weightlifting thread.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Mr. Belpit posted:

another user jumped in talking about how she and her brother, both orphans on their own, rose to the top of an East Coast Asian gang

Oh right, that's the one. I mixed up my STDHers. Yeah, that was a good one.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Your Computer posted:

I swear, there are several stdh.txt on imgur every day now.

"engage in genital darts"

:psyboom: times a million. Who the gently caress calls sex "genital darts".

Probably the same person fantasazing about having a popular roommate and play "hilarious pranks" on him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Medieval Medic posted:

From our very own YLLS.

Oh my goodness, truly a man among men. "I don't even workout" should appear on STDH bingo

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

beedeebee posted:

slugs and snails
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_dart

e: ooh pretty

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

beedeebee posted:

Probably the same person fantasazing about having a popular roommate and play "hilarious pranks" on him.

Someone who is an oh so clever and funny writer.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

beedeebee posted:

Patton Oswalt?

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Someone who is an oh so clever and funny writer.

Also someone who is isn't getting sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Also someone who is isn't getting sex.

Non sex-havers have more time to think up silly names for it

Bloodnose posted:

That was a good one. She brushed off all the really ridiculous poo poo with "well this is just the kind of hardcore stuff that goes down in Hong Kong gangs." None of the HK goons have ever heard of any such things happening and she ignored requests for sources in English or Chinese.

One thing that stands out in my memory was her suggestion that forcing a person to stay in a dog cage for weeks at a time was a common practice. I searched for that in Chinese and got back regular old stories about elderly poor people paying to live in cage homes because they can't afford ridiculous HK housing prices and then I made myself sad.

If only those gangs would let poor old people live in their punishment cages for free :ohdear:

Yeah, that was really funny. I think she said she was punished by having to live in a dog kennel for like 4 days or something. And of course, like always, there were a few people calling her out on it but twice as many people saying "QUIT RUINING THE THREAD YOU WET BLANKETS, OF COURSE IT'S REAL!"

canyoneer has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Jan 16, 2015

• Locked thread