Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
HOLY gently caress.

LUCAS NEMESIS?! WEARING AILA'S PIN?!

THAT WAS NOT A CHARACTER I EXPECTED TO RETURN FROM BUILD FIGHTERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Also, I'm buying the poo poo out of the ZZZ when it comes out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
His surname is actually Nemesis. Poor bastard.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They pulled Shia's page from the official site, probably because it sort of spoils her surprise but they did add transients page.

http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/18/

Such a nice looking suit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Okay, speculation stuff. Maybe spoilers? Whatever:
  • Sei's in the new opening. Domon is not.
  • Shia's machine looks to be a green Astraea variant.
  • Lucas is using what appears to be a Crossbone Full Cloth.
  • I will not be surprised if the ZZZ has a Satellite Cannon embedded inside the lion.
  • Junya Inose uses a custom machine with Plavsky parts that looks like an Inverted Build Burning. Since he also practices Jigen Haoh, this makes sense.
  • It looks like Star Winning's extra limbs add onto itself, not to the Try Burning.
  • Sei and Reiji's trophy is the one shown at the end of the OP.

I'll spoiler this out if it's too much.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh my god. This episode was f...

This episode was fuuu...

This episode was fun! :peanut:

Also holy poo poo, the dancing Beargguys in the credits :allears:. And the Build Burning Gundam's clearly illegal, as you can plainly see that it's an RG kit being used in an HG tournament :goonsay:. Or you could say it's permanently in RG Mode :v:.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZHjhRpRRk

New episode out

From the intro it looks like we are getting ZZZ as Minato and bros team, Triple SDs for the Renato Triplets with possible combining into dragon gimmick, some weird QanT/Gself hybrid thing for Shia, Dark Edgy edition of the burning for the other Jigen Hao user, and some Crossbone from S1s spoiled nemesis child turned honorable gunpla fighter. Also Star Winning's backpack gimmicks are beam + knife bits while in SD form and full 1/144 HG mode at the very least.

I think the dragon's a separate Mobile Armor, because there isn't a enough excess mass for it amongst the combined SD's and their parts. Plus it'd give them a reason for some 1v1 Mobile Armor fights.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the dragon's a separate Mobile Armor, because there isn't a enough excess mass for it amongst the combined SD's and their parts. Plus it'd give them a reason for some 1v1 Mobile Armor fights.

As much as I'd love a Command Tri-Dragon Gundam, it does seem very unfeasible. Also, they get a 3-way kit not unlike the EZ-SR. If the March SD was not a misprint or delay, then I could see it being that release.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also holy poo poo, the dancing Beargguys in the credits :allears:.

Best bit of the whole series right here!

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

DigitalRaven posted:

Best bit of the whole series right here!

Bearst bit of the whole series right here!

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

His surname is actually Nemesis. Poor bastard.

I came here to post this. Can you imagine? That's James Bond levels of bad name right there. That said: looks like Fumina is going to be doing that gimmick at least for the foreseeable future. Stinks, but if she remains a competent character outside of those scenes I suppose she is still better than your average Gundam heroine.

fake edit: spoiler tags are hard, ok?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I watched a bit of the episode before work and I have to say that I like the new op more than the old one.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lucas NEMESIS

AstraLunaSol
Mar 6, 2013
New op and new ed were pretty mediocre, yeah.
Man they can't keep teasing us with sei's name and never show him, ugh.

Also sei had an inner frame on his star build, so I'm not even surprised that build burning had an inner frame.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Have to say I enjoyed that they had Fumina with her hair down wearing a T-shirt while working on her Gunpla. Its a really simple way to convey how focused they are during the montage and really mirrors the way I inevitably end up looking when I'm on hour twenty of a new custom build.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing much love for Sekai's giant rear end firework/idiot grin combo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Caros posted:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing much love for Sekai's giant rear end firework/idiot grin combo.

Because Sekai still sucks. Also as the ending credits show, he wears crocs and socks. Clearly the worst character.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Funny you guys hate Sekai so much, he is just a distilled form of Domon. And near as I can tell, everybody loves Domon for some reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The new OP is easily the worst in the franchise so far, sadly. :smith:

It wasn't a bad episode! It introduced characters, brought in actual motivations and set up the future status quo. Pretty disappointed that Fumina all but confirmed Star Winning still has Knuckle and Launcher but hopefully they'll be smarter about how they use it. It was mostly a buildup episode so it's hard to judge. It's weird to have an episode with literally no fighting (aside from the recycle of last week's ending and the offscreen beam) but it was an episode they really needed.

It really does like a soft reboot of the series though. Even the characters act pretty different. (Fumina freaking out about Gyanko, Yuuma being chill and friendly as hell.) I can't complain since they have personalities now.

Ka0 posted:

Funny you guys hate Sekai so much, he is just a distilled form of Domon. And near as I can tell, everybody loves Domon for some reason.

Sekai isn't like Domon at all except in that he is a martial artist. Domon was hotheaded, arrogant, shortsighted, kind of a shithead and on a quest for revenge. Sekai is "I wanna fite u" distilled to its purest essence. Sekai's only real personality traits so far are "kinda dumb" and "holy poo poo loves to fight."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 14, 2015

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ka0 posted:

Funny that keeps being said because everyone who is upset with Sekai is quick to point out that Domon had an actual character arc.

I can't wait until next episode, I really want to see Star Winning's gimimck in action.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Do people actually remember what Domon was like? Domon was a jackass for like 3/4 of the show's run who found it difficult to communicate properly with other people (except for young children) and had a long drawn out arc about learning to associate properly with people. Including communicating via punching.

For better or for worse Sekai's actual character is nothing like Domon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

quote:

Walter Gundam (G)
ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam (Destiny)
GF13-039NP Jester Gundam (G)
RGM-89 Jegan

The Jegan blew up a Zaku II, Gelgoog, and some other thing. I don't really have the time right now to search for the exact variants.

I enjoyed the episode! Everybody finally sat down and interacted, the new rivals got great introduction scenes, and Sakai continues to have amazing taste. New OP isn't as energetic as the previous few, but it reminded me of INFINITY which reminded me of Gundam Breaker so I'm cool with it.

I love how they didn't actually change the Burning, all the glowy parts were already under the armor.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

ImpAtom posted:

Sekai isn't like Domon at all except in that he is a martial artist. Domon was hotheaded, arrogant, shortsighted, kind of a shithead and on a quest for revenge. Sekai is "I wanna fite u" distilled to its purest essence. Sekai's only real personality traits so far are "kinda dumb" and "holy poo poo loves to fight."

Domon wasn't the most unique of characters, and he still is far from that. But damned if he had more to him than punching a guy for the hell of it. It also doesn't help the cast can say more about Domon than "He is an idiot".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

The Jegan blew up a Zaku II, Gelgoog, and some other thing. I don't really have the time right now to search for the exact variants.

I enjoyed the episode! Everybody finally sat down and interacted, the new rivals got great introduction scenes, and Sakai continues to have amazing taste. New OP isn't as energetic as the previous few, but it reminded me of INFINITY which reminded me of Gundam Breaker so I'm cool with it.

I love how they didn't actually change the Burning, all the glowy parts were already under the armor.

The glowy parts were the ones already there I think, not the new ones. The new ones are for the Burning system that Yuuma made.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The OP isn't really done completely, Obari said that they are going to be adding more parts as the show progresses.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also the shot they gave of Sugita's Mobile Armor looks way too much like SID's wings for comfort.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Also the shot they gave of Sugita's Mobile Armor looks way too much like SID's wings for comfort.

I think thats the conclusion everyone is getting for better or worse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The OP isn't really done completely, Obari said that they are going to be adding more parts as the show progresses.

I assume they're going to fill in the blacked-out units and stuff.

I meant the song more than anything. Kinda bland really.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Poor Sekai. Everyone else is becoming actual characters with personalities and motivations, while he's actually become less deep.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

Pretty disappointed that Fumina all but confirmed Star Winning still has Knuckle and Launcher but hopefully they'll be smarter about how they use it.

Wait maybe I missed it but when did this happen? Maybe I should rewatch the episode because the most I remember her saying is like "I;ll still be in a support role but I've focused on upgrading its own fighting abilities" which doesn't trasnlate to "I will sacrifice my machines parts to boost you guys" at all. It kind of implies the opposite of that. Like you can take the support role and not do that.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

eh I don't mind Sekai. It's not like Reiji was a deep character.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

My wallet! I already know that I want two of them. drat you Bandai. :cry:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I assume they're going to fill in the blacked-out units and stuff.

I meant the song more than anything. Kinda bland really.

Yeah, the song is pretty boring.

Actually now I dont know what Obari meant, maybe the scenes he made for the OP haven't been added yet or he's swamped working on something else for the show. He mentions "the reason will be revealed the week after next"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Monaghan posted:

eh I don't mind Sekai. It's not like Reiji was a deep character.

Sei and Reiji had exaggerated personality traits that made them more fun to watch. Sei is the world's biggest Gundam dork and Reiji was abrasive and kind of a jerk. With those traits it's easier to throw them into a situation with other characters and derive enjoyment just from watching how they react to the situation and each other.

In short: Characters being goofballs at each other in their off time.

That's part of the reason why Gyanko is so popular, I think. She's exaggerated enough to bring back some of the old dynamic of everyone having loud personalities to bounce off each other. Sekai's strongest personality traits are almost entirely tied up to the battling aspect of the show and nothing else, which is why he comes off as blander in the scenes where the characters are supposed to be characters instead of pilots.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wait maybe I missed it but when did this happen? Maybe I should rewatch the episode because the most I remember her saying is like "I;ll still be in a support role but I've focused on upgrading its own fighting abilities" which doesn't trasnlate to "I will sacrifice my machines parts to boost you guys" at all. It kind of implies the opposite of that. Like you can take the support role and not do that.

Fumina mentions that her plan is to still be able to have the Winning support the Lightning and Burning, but with a lot more standalone capability for herself. Go to the scene after they arrive at Sekai's place.

As to the opening (which I liked the song of well enough), I found it telling that in the final bit, with the face off against the Gunpla Academy units, that Saga is conspicuously absent. His unit is there, yes, but not him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Her exact phrase is "without changing its basic role of supporting you two, I'll aim to give it more individual power."

The idea seems to be that the SD Gundam is the support unit like Winning Classic and the full-sized unit is the individual power unit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Astro Nut posted:

Fumina mentions that her plan is to still be able to have the Winning support the Lightning and Burning, but with a lot more standalone capability for herself. Go to the scene after they arrive at Sekai's place.

Yeah that's the scene I'm talking about. that doesn't sound like she's doing the whole Booster Parts thing at all? It sounds like she's going to be support but as stand alone unit. Which to be fair your team kind of needs if you have 1 Melee fighter and one very angry sniper. You kind of a need a unit that can help out either but none of that means she's doing the booster part poo poo again. Like I don't see how anything she says confirms that?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One thing I'm pleased to see is characters who are not Sekai interacting with other characters who are not Sekai, like Karima and the triplets, which I kinda hope stays a conflict enyirely unrelated to team Try.

As for Sekai vs. Reiji, Sekai is more of a Poochy than a guy who literally had to leave to return to his home planet.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

on the other hand, Wilfrid and Sekai's whole thing about not being total shitheads to each other despite the Gunpla Academy being this SUPER BIG TOUGH GROUP that apparently another group wants to take down (????) is pretty sweet, if Sekai's whole thing is being the character who brings us good action scenes while everyone else gives us good character dynamic scenes I'm not gonna complain about it.

Hell, even the Renato triplets despite MYSTERIOUSLY GATHERING DATA for like 3 episodes showed they're kind of cool here. I'm not sure there's a character I really dislike in the whole show (except maybe the new Jigen Haou shithead who is clearly set up to be a MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN kinda guy) v:shobon:v

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually one thing I really liked this episode:

Gyanko came over to help Sekai but she also helped the others. She and Fumina might have been arguing but she specifically said she made upgrade parts just for Fumina. That was cute.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

(except maybe the new Jigen Haou shithead who is clearly set up to be a MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN kinda guy) v:shobon:v

Man I hope the sister beats the poo poo out of this guy. Even she knows he's an embarrassment to their master.

ImpAtom posted:

Actually one thing I really liked this episode:

Gyanko came over to help Sekai but she also helped the others. She and Fumina might have been arguing but she specifically said she made upgrade parts just for Fumina. That was cute.

Well yeah, Gyanko is the best character. So of course she'd help. Sad we didn't get a Powerpuff Tier freak out about Gyanko being there though. Apparently she's not as big as competition as Mysterious Builder Girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Man I hope the sister beats the poo poo out of this guy. Even she knows he's an embarrassment to their master.

I hope that Sekai's master finally shows up after the fight and sets him straight.

• Locked thread