Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hannity uses Piss Christ as a free speech example all the time.
Of course it's done with "Those loving libs!" overtones, but he holds it up as a fair standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Fox News has an article up about how low gas prices have proven Democrats wrong.
Not in the Opinion section either, of course. Just a blatant hit piece against Democrats on their front page. And some dipshits still think they're "fair and balanced."

I enjoyed this though:

quote:

"Of course [Obama] was wrong. We've seen oil prices fall internationally now by half since last June," said American Enterprise Institute economist Ben Zycher. "The U.S. is now the biggest oil and gas producer in the world, or almost that, and the effect has been to drive prices down as we've seen."
"The U.S. is currently the biggest producer of unsustainable fuels...or it isn't... but [contines vomiting]"

Big Beef City posted:

Someone's going to have to find a transcript of Rush's show.
I was driving on lunch a bit ago and caught the following:

"What good are rallies? Rallies don't DO anything. They're useless. You know, for people (mocking nerd voice) "OOo I wanna make a DIFFERENCE in the world". They don't actually do anything or prevent anything from happening.
Rallies can inspire people to feel motivated and may make them take actions down the road. But I mean the actual rally itself? Doesn't fix anything. ...of COURSE the civil rights rallies did change things! They were tremendously important and powerful."

He went from one thing to the other in about 3 sentences and then they played that 'buildup noise' to one of the commercial cuts (whatever that is) where he usually makes some flippant remark, but he was so confused on his point it just ended with him limply saying "...what?" or something. I honestly thought they were having technical problems or he was having a light stroke, it was incredible.
Sounds like one of those times where Snerdley called out a reminder because Rush was getting a bit too crazy and had to swerve to course-correct lest a bloodthirsty liberal blog latch onto his statement in their pursuit of "facts."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hazo posted:

Sounds like one of those times where Snerdley called out a reminder because Rush was getting a bit too crazy and had to swerve to course-correct lest a bloodthirsty liberal blog latch onto his statement in their pursuit of "facts."

That's exactly what it was.

However, unlike most of those 'breaks' where he stops and corrects himself, he actually went from "Rallies are bad liberal things" to "Rallies do good things", and then some confused "uh..both good AND bad" stuff before whomever in the booth cut him off entirely on his own. I haven't heard that before.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The animosity that conservatives have toward anyone who doesn't share their personal beliefs knows no end.

Yeah it's pretty hosed up.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
People talk about what Reagan actually did, as opposed to how he played the culture war game. Sure, his policies are comparatively moderate but that's because we've swung so far right. More.importantly, look at how he did what he did. Picutes.of Reagan eating grapes to spite Chavez set the tone more than an amnesty program. Hateful poo poo like that is why he isa republican hero.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Big Beef City posted:

Someone's going to have to find a transcript of Rush's show

quote:

RUSH: I knew it was just a little too good to be true yesterday. (interruption) What? What are you expecting? (interruption) What's the question? (interruption) Oh, no, they don't. That's the point. Snerdley just asked, "Do rallies ever accomplish a drat thing?" No, except making the people that do them feel better. Rallies make the people who involve themselves in them think they've done something. You've heard people say, "I want to do something with my life. I want to make a difference." So you go to rally, and you get together, you hold hands, and you're all unified in purpose.

You're around people that share the same desires and passions, and you do that for a couple, three hours. When it's over, you made a difference, in your mind. I'm not being -- you know, it's kind of a loaded question for you to ask me out of the blue because it's obvious this rally didn't accomplish anything, other than a show of unity. But it's not gonna stop ISIS or whoever. It's not gonna stop Al-Qaeda, is the point.

But I don't think the people that did the rally, which, by the way, the White House had plenty of time, this rally was put together as early as January 8th, from what I'm told, anyway. That would be five days ago. Well, tight. But the point is, a rally isn't gonna stop any of the bad guys. But a show of unity and a display of unity, actual engagement in unity with everybody showing up, admitting to each other that they are aligned together against these people can help raise spirits.

It could help maybe inspire a sense of purpose later on, but the rally itself, in terms of a deterrent or an action to stop anything, no. But you tell me. Did civil rights marches matter? They clearly did. That's right. The civil rights marches, many of them, did more than sway public opinion, but if nothing else than that, that's still an impact. That's a huge impact, is change... (interruption) But a lot of people are afraid of the terrorists.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right. Let me give it to you straight, on the down low. This rally's gonna have as much effect on ISIS, Al-Qaeda in Yemen, whoever, on the Islamic extremists as the hashtag campaign had on Boko Haram, #saveourgirls. And that's essentially your question. Does this mean anything? What I think is different about this, with allowances here, I think you people in the audience understand what I mean. Normally it's the bad guys that take to the streets and start raising hell and demanding justice and what have you. In this case it's clearly the good guys who don't do things like this. Good guys got together and stood up, and were shouting "no more."

Now, some people think it was a brave thing to do. This is not gonna change Al-Qaeda. It's not gonna diminish. It's not gonna shame. It's not gonna have one measurable impact on stopping Islamic jihad, militant Islamist extremism. But a lot of people think it was a courageous thing to do. There is palpable fear of these people. I mean, it's everywhere, and that includes, in certain governments, at the highest level of government.

There are some places that will not call this what it is simply because they're afraid that that will target them. There are others who won't call it what it is for other reasons we can only speculate, but it's not fear of anything. I don't think Obama's afraid of them, for example. Kerry, I don't know. Biden, who knows. But Obama, I don't think he's afraid of Islamic extremists at all. That's not why he will not call it what it is. Well, you fill in the blank yourself on that.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/13/do_rallies_really_mean_anything

quote:

RUSH: Todd in Thornton, Colorado. Great to have you on the program. Hi.

CALLER: Rush, it's an honor. Major 24/7 dittos. Been a subscriber for a long time. Not only are you great, sir, but you're also affordable.

RUSH: I'm also affordable? Oh, yes. Obviously. I'm cheap.

CALLER: You are affordable, sir.

RUSH: Right. I'm very cheap. Economical.

CALLER: Okay. Speaking of affordability, you looked at the gas tax now and one thing, Rush, that you've always taught us is that when taxes are low, demand goes up and more money actually works its way back into Washington, correct?

RUSH: Yes. Up to a point. There's a point of diminishing returns, but, yes. That's real-world true. Yes.

CALLER: Absolutely. The thing is here in Colorado, gas is at $1.71. My wife and I we fill up our cars, it's about $25, $30. Last year it was --

RUSH: Let me guess what's happened. The gas tax collection in Colorado is down because the price of gas is down, and so they're coming along and saying, "We need to raise the gas tax 'cause you're not using enough." They're not getting the revenue from it that they use to?

CALLER: Well, exactly. So our friends, John Thune, Bob Corker and everything like that, wanted to raise it anywhere from six to 12¢. I was watching Ted Baxter last night, and we've collected $38 billion as far as in taxes, and they spend $63 billion. So whole thing about it is, again, Washington cannot stay within its means.

RUSH: Washington will not do with less no matter what. They urge you to go out and drive these little peashooter cars, they urge you to save gasoline and energy to save the planet -- and then when you do it or when the prices naturally fall, they have a shortfall. You've done exactly what they've asked you to do, and they're gonna punish you. They're gonna raise your taxes to get what they were losing 'cause they can't do with a penny less. That's gas, that's water, that's you name it. That's stuff.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/13/washington_never_does_with_less
Gas prices low! Government's fault for not living within its means!!!! :bahgawd:

quote:

RUSH: You know me, folks, I always try to avoid sounding like a know-it-all, which is very hard to do, because I do know it all, and I always try not to sound that way because I know it -- well, it's not a character trait that people admire. People resent know-it-alls. People resent others that are so sure of themselves, because you're not supposed to be that sure of yourself. There's so much gray area out there, compounded by feelings, that it's considered unreal to be in touch with what you really think. But I always am.

And I'm telling you, I'm sitting here -- what is this now, the second or third day in a row -- I guess the second -- where the Drive-Bys are obsessed with the White House and its reaction to criticism that it didn't go to the big rally on Sunday in Paris.
We're now into year seven of this Regime, and it still amazes me, as your official know-it-all here behind the Golden EIB Microphone, that people do not know that this Regime doesn't care what they think.
The Drive-Bys would have shown up to be in solidarity with the suffering, to join the victimization parade. They would have shown up and been there, and they think because they would have, Obama would have, because they and Obama are the same.

But Obama didn't go. Obama went (raspberry) and didn't go. And now the Drive-Bys, "Well, wait a minute, if he didn't go, why did we want to go? We think we should have gone. That means Obama should have gone." So they're gonna stay on it, so the Regime has gotta play footsie here with this never ending quest to find out why they didn't go and why they won't call it Islamist extremism. We're into seven years of this now and the lack of understanding, or the lack of reporting that reflects an understanding, maybe that's a better way to say it, 'cause I don't know how anybody can't figure out who this is by now.

I mean, how does anybody not -- especially the Drive-Bys who have been covering the guy. Of course, they haven't been covering. They're the steno pool.
The president "will host a 'Summit on Countering Violent Extremism' on Feb. 18. The plan is to bring together 'social service providers, including education administrators, mental health professionals, and religious leaders, with law enforcement agencies to address violent extremism as part of the broader mandate of community safety and crime prevention.'"

What in the world? I think people are gonna make the mistake of thinking this has something to do with Islamist extremism, and it doesn't given this list of participants: education administrators, mental health professionals, religious leaders, law enforcement agencies. This is gonna be about things like Ferguson and New York with Eric Garner. That's what this is.

Broader mandate of community safety and crime prevention in response to terrorism conducted ruthlessly by Islamofascists, beheadings, bombings, bullets, and Obama is calling in social service providers? That's the first giveaway this has nothing to do with militant Islamism. This has nothing to do with jihad. This is all about domestic violence. It's another show. And after it's over, the way this works is, they call the summit, the media gathers.
You show the attendees entering the White House, the obligatory pool cameras in the East Room or wherever they do it.

Obama speaks, welcomes them all to the summit. They break up in groups. One goes to one corner, another goes to another corner of the room. Barack Obama assigns them subject matter to study. At the end of the day, five o'clock, they all report back to Obama, and the problems have been solved. And there's normal extremism, there's no more violence because the administration will have dealt with it, just like the jobs summits and any other number of summits that have taken place at the White House. This sort of thing used to be -- social service providers?

You know, it's too bad that comedy died years ago. Well, it did. Chris Rock won't go to college campi because the students are too busy being offended rather than laughing.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Ted Cruz talking about this, by the way. He was at the Heritage Foundation 2015 Conservative Policy Summit yesterday, Washington. He delivered the keynote address. This is a little bit of what he said.

CRUZ: We need allies who will take this on. But I gotta say it is hard to enlist the support of allies when America ceases being a good ally. How sad was it in the streets of Paris as 40 world leaders walked down the street, absent was the United States of America. Where was the president? Where was the vice president? Where was the secretary of state? Where was the attorney general who'd been there moments before but chose to get on a plane and fly back home?

RUSH: Now, Cruz's point is one of leadership. Okay, these 40 people decided that they were gonna show up. Even Netanyahu, who was asked not to by the president of France, Hollande, Netanyahu showed up. He put himself at risk. He said to heck with it. The United States didn't. The United States is considered, for many reasons, to be the leader and always has been seen as the strength and the power and the leader providing defense and projecting power when necessary against the forces of evil such as this.

And Cruz's point, when we don't show, no matter how -- I mean, look, no matter how lacking in substance the whole thing is in terms of bringing this to a stop, Cruz's point -- I think it's mine, too -- this is a show of unity. This is allies getting together in a way that you don't see very much, and the people or the place, the country that's always looked to for leadership, always looked to for strength, decided not to show. And that's why it's a big deal to a lot of people. I think people starting to come to grips, a lot of people are.

I want to take you back to a brief mention from the New York Times endorsement of Senator Barack Obama in 2008. One of the reasons the Times decided to endorse Obama is because they thought Obama was going to repair America's image in the world. America's image in the world had been destroyed, as you know, by George W. Bush and his cowboy, renegade foreign policy. And the world supposedly hated us. The world despised us. We had descended into nothing but a bunch of torturers engaging in brutality and inhumane treatment of our friends, the enemy.

And so America was hated and despised, and we needed our image rebuilt on the world stage fast. And the New York Times, this October 23rd of 2008, wrote the following, published the following: "Both presidential candidates talk about strengthening alliances in Europe and Asia, including NATO, and strongly support Israel. Both candidates talk about repairing America’s image in the world. But it seems clear to us," here at the New York Times, "that Mr. Obama is far more likely to do that -- and not just because the first black president would present a new American face to the world," but because Obama is a citizen of the world.

They actually wrote this crap back in 2008. They actually said Obama would be preferable as president because he's the only guy because of the color of his skin, and because he's a citizen of the world, who could rebuild and repair America's image in the world. The opposite of that is what has happened. And I dare say Obama not going and not assigning anybody else to go to this rally, this endorsement from the Times -- remember, this is exactly what all the media thought about Obama. You go back to 2008, people don't forget their heroes. People don't forget those they idolize. And it takes a lot to talk 'em out of them.

It takes a lot to get a kid not to think of his hero as a hero. It takes a lot to get a kid to stop idolizing somebody. It takes a lot. The idol has to really screw up. Well, these people were falling all over themselves. It wasn't just his ideology. I mean, it was the whole package. They really had created this fantasy world where Obama was unlike anything who'd ever lived before, certainly unlike anybody who had ever served as president. He was a magician, magic was gonna happen, that's what they invested in. And I think they're all now coming to grips with the fact that he's a paper tiger.

I mean, this guy's phony baloney, plastic banana, good-time rock and roller. He's not even interested in the things they thought best qualified him to be president, and I think that's one of the reasons why the Drive-Bys are so concerned why Obama didn't go. Why didn't Obama send Holder? Why didn't he send Biden? They have all of these fantasies invested in this guy, and one by one, Obama is betraying them. We've paid the price. By the way, this rally that is going to take place in February was originally scheduled for October.

This summit on countering violent extremism, a lot of people think that it's in reaction to what happened in Paris. It's not the same. It's been on the books since Ferguson, Missouri. This thing has been on the books since the whole thing happened in Ferguson and other related so-called offenses by the cops. The whole reason for this summit on violent extremism, the cops are the targets of this summit on violent extremism. They are the violent extremists. This summit in February was originally scheduled for back in October. It has nothing to do with Charles Hebdo, the French magazine, or anything that's happened in Paris regarding that.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/13/drive_bys_remain_obsessed_by_obama_s_no_show_at_paris_rally
I love that his transcript is devoid of linking to the poo poo about the summit attendees, because this article says pretty much the exact opposite of what he was saying. Doing a little digging I found what Limbaugh was referring to, actual press release from the gubmit:

quote:

11 January 2015
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
Washington, D.C.
January 11, 2015
Statement from the Press Secretary on the White House Summit on Countering Violent Extremism
On February 18, 2015, the White House will host a Summit on Countering Violent Extremism to highlight domestic and international efforts to prevent violent extremists and their supporters from radicalizing, recruiting, or inspiring individuals or groups in the United States and abroad to commit acts of violence, efforts made even more imperative in light of recent, tragic attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, and Paris. This summit will build on the strategy the White House released in August of 2011, Empowering Local Partners to Prevent Violent Extremism in the United States, the first national strategy to prevent violent extremism domestically.
Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) efforts rely heavily on well-informed and resilient local communities. Boston, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis-St. Paul have taken the lead in building pilot frameworks integrating a range of social service providers, including education administrators, mental health professionals, and religious leaders, with law enforcement agencies to address violent extremism as part of the broader mandate of community safety and crime prevention. The summit will highlight best practices and emerging efforts from these communities.
At the same time, our partners around the world are actively implementing programs to prevent violent extremism and foreign terrorist fighter recruitment. The summit will include representatives from a number of partner nations, focusing on the themes of community engagement, religious leader engagement, and the role of the private sector and tech community.
Through presentations, panel discussions, and small group interactions, participants will build on local, state, and federal government; community; and international efforts to better understand, identify, and prevent the cycle of radicalization to violence at home in the United States and abroad. Additional information regarding participants and the agenda will be provided at a future date.
http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2015/01/20150111312788.html#ixzz3Ol04Vxxq
The original summit was cancelled around the midterms and seems to have been resurrected given all the recent outpouring of violence we've been witnessing. That Politico piece also has a couple links to valid criticiques of the administration, but not a word of that is present in Limbaugh's ranting.

EDIT: spelling

kik2dagroin fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 14, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shbobdb posted:

People talk about what Reagan actually did, as opposed to how he played the culture war game. Sure, his policies are comparatively moderate but that's because we've swung so far right. More.importantly, look at how he did what he did. Picutes.of Reagan eating grapes to spite Chavez set the tone more than an amnesty program. Hateful poo poo like that is why he isa republican hero.

The amnesty program itself was specifically to prevent future migrants from showing up too.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Yeah it's pretty hosed up.

I was reading about The American Sniper: http://www.alternet.org/culture/why-real-american-sniper-hate-filled-killer-being-treated-hero

The comments I feel mixed on. I have a lot of respect for soldiers and not war but soldiers have next to no respect for civilians (in my experience), especially when they become civvies themselves. We treat our vets like garbage but I don't appreciate a vet treating me like garbage because I didn't sign up to die.

That said, I can see why they get riled up defensive - I do the same poo poo as a leftist, and get tired of being told something I'm not - sure soldiers are, too.

The battle fares on.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Chris Kyle was a shithead.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

Chris Kyle, a US navy Seal from Texas, was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and claimed to have killed more than 255 people during his six-year military career.

"You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

"You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down."

It's 100% bullshit and I find his so funny people will believe anything if a navy seal says it.

edit: was he also trained in gorilla warfare?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

gorillas don't usually get fragged by their peers, so apparantly not

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Funniest thing ever though was Jessie Venture winning a lawsuit against a dead Chris Kyle.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I thought it was just another military jerk off movie and figured ok well it's Eastwood and slobbering over authoritarian dicks is pretty much what he does so whatever. Then someone brought it up in a TFF GDT thread of all places, which is how I learned that the guy actually believed the best way to treat PTSD sufferers was to surround them with weapons at gun ranges and that's how he died.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

8-bit soldiers, eh?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Dude is saving his last kill. I hope he has a good counselor :ohdear:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shbobdb posted:

Dude is saving his last kill. I hope he has a good counselor :ohdear:

But that would have made him roll back over to zero and negated his entire career.If only he'd stayed at 254, he might have been able to save his own life.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
That's what you'd expect, though. Turns out that reincarnation is real.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

CALLER: Rush, it's an honor. Major 24/7 dittos.

I still can't believe this is a term where people actually, proudly use it on themselves. :psyduck:

The Paris attacks are interesting to see how the right reacts given the situation. Here, you have an openly admitted atheist centered newspaper in arguably the most effeminate, socialist country in Europe, one that Republicans hated for the longest time for not backing us in Iraq that got bombed by Islamic extremists. It's one right-wing bogeyman against another, and the conservatives decided to side against the muslins in this case as the lesser of two evils. But it does build a bit of cognitive dissonance. After all, why did Obama snub the French, who are all wienie, godless, welfare queens, just like himself? Why are muslins and atheists fighting with each other when they're both the same religion and hate Christianity. Does the House cafeteria still serve freedom fries? Inquiring minds want to know.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mr Interweb posted:

I still can't believe this is a term where people actually, proudly use it on themselves. :psyduck:

The Paris attacks are interesting to see how the right reacts given the situation. Here, you have an openly admitted atheist centered newspaper in arguably the most effeminate, socialist country in Europe, one that Republicans hated for the longest time for not backing us in Iraq that got bombed by Islamic extremists. It's one right-wing bogeyman against another, and the conservatives decided to side against the muslins in this case as the lesser of two evils. But it does build a bit of cognitive dissonance. After all, why did Obama snub the French, who are all wienie, godless, welfare queens, just like himself? Why are muslins and atheists fighting with each other when they're both the same religion and hate Christianity. Does the House cafeteria still serve freedom fries? Inquiring minds want to know.

They're called Charlie Fries now. Or maybe #CharlieFries. That should be a dumb thing that happens.

Also, atheists worship nobody and muslins worship satin. Big difference.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The only moral censorship is my censorship.

The distinction conservatives usually make is that they don't support censorship but they oppose the use of public funds to fund art that they find offensive. With Piss Christ, they'll generally protest on the grounds that Serrano received taxpayer money from the National Endowment for the Arts to create art that assaulted the values of the majority of tax payers.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Leofish posted:

They're called Charlie Fries now. Or maybe #CharlieFries. That should be a dumb thing that happens.

Also, atheists worship nobody and muslins worship satin. Big difference.

"Charlie Fries" sounds like something from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Like Charlie decides to try cooking and can only make lovely fries.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Periodiko posted:

The distinction conservatives usually make is that they don't support censorship but they oppose the use of public funds to fund art that they find offensive. With Piss Christ, they'll generally protest on the grounds that Serrano received taxpayer money from the National Endowment for the Arts to create art that assaulted the values of the majority of tax payers.

Only because they missed the point.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 11, 2017

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'll have you know that Major Dildos is a hero that served honorably with my father in The War. "Old Twenty Four" we called him.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

But that would have made him roll back over to zero and negated his entire career.If only he'd stayed at 254, he might have been able to save his own life.

I hated myself for thinking this when I read the article. Goddamn you, Sega Genesis. Goddamn you.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"Charlie Fries" sounds like something from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Like Charlie decides to try cooking and can only make lovely fries.

Has someone made an 'There's Always Sunnis in Philadelphia' joke yet

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

It's 100% bullshit and I find his so funny people will believe anything if a navy seal says it.

edit: was he also trained in gorilla warfare?

I am confused by this. I don't think that number is anywhere near those claimed by other famous snipers in history.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Uroboros posted:

I am confused by this. I don't think that number is anywhere near those claimed by other famous snipers in history.

Yeah, it's less than most of the big names.
  • Francis Pegahmagabow (WW1) - 378 credited
  • Simo Häyhä (WW2) - 505 credited
  • Lyudmila Pavlichenko (WW2) - 309 credited
  • Matthäus Hetzenauer (WW2) - 345 credited
  • Mikhail Ilyich Surkov (WW2) - 500 credited

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Uroboros posted:

The problem was Chris Kyle came home and bragged about his time as a SEAL and tried to profit off it, something that many SEALs would see as scummy. Then he decided to raise his profile as an American badass by punching out Jesse Ventura, a notable former SEAL who became a hard libertarian and frequently criticized the Bush administration.

quote:

In interviews with both the Opie and Anthony Show and Bill O'Reilly in January 2012, Kyle claimed to have punched former Minnesota Governor and Underwater Demolition Team member Jesse Ventura at a bar in Coronado, California, in 2006 during a wake for Mike Monsoor, a Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient killed in Iraq. Kyle, who wrote about the alleged incident in one of his books, never mentioned Ventura by name, claiming that Ventura was "bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America" and had said that the SEALs "deserved to lose a few guys."[22] In a subsequent interview, Ventura denied that he was punched by Kyle, saying he had never even met Kyle nor heard of him. Ventura adamantly denied making any derogatory remarks about the military.

Now Ventura has won literally every court challenge against Kyle's estate, meaning the estate has to pay $2+ million to Ventura, and Ventura is suing the book company again because of how many millions they made from promoting the book while it still included the Ventura fight story.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lord of the dickhead hypocrites, Rush Limbaugh posted:

Rallies don't work.

"Now let me talk to you about Tea Party gatherings and open carry demonstrations"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2ZS231BAQ

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BiggerBoat posted:

"Now let me talk to you about Tea Party gatherings and open carry demonstrations"

Or that time some geese flew at the national mall which meant G-d himself had signed off on Glenn Becks gathering.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

...who are you?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

thrawn527 posted:

...who are you?

quote:

In 2000, Pirro's husband was convicted of federal tax evasion and conspiracy,

In the midst of her 2006 State Attorney General campaign, Pirro revealed that she was the subject of a federal investigation into whether she illegally taped her husband’s conversations in order to catch him committing adultery

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Pirro was also the person who was interviewing that terrorism "expert" who swore that Birmingham UK was 100% under Sharia law a few days ago. To her credit, she did a double-take and pressed him for more evidence of his claim.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
The thing about Kyle that sealed it for me was his bragging about going into New Orleans post-Katrina and murdering "looters". Killing people in a war is one thing, shooting them for (alleged) petty theft and then bragging about it in order to make money is quite another.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Former congressperson Joe Walsh:

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/555439146253426688

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
As if he could name any other organization alluded to in his "et al". He got the only two he could ever think of, but still feels the need to tack on the et al in order to satisfy his sense of minority victimhood.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So beheading people for drawing the cartoons is bad, but beheading people for not putting the cartoons on TV is good. And terrorists will behead people for appeasing them. Thank you former elected congressman of these united states of America, greatest nation on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Whenever I see quotes from Joe Walsh I always have to remind myself that it's not the Eagle's Joe Walsh.

Unzip and Attack posted:

The thing about Kyle that sealed it for me was his bragging about going into New Orleans post-Katrina and murdering "looters". Killing people in a war is one thing, shooting them for (alleged) petty theft and then bragging about it in order to make money is quite another.

The thing about Kyle that sealed it for me was him thinking it was a good idea take a guy with alleged PTSD shooting.
Is there anything that substantiates the Katrina killings besides Kyle's own words? In light of him lying about punching Jessie Ventura I'm not so sure I believe him.