Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bowmore posted:

New DBZ TCG set got Mr. Popo and he rules

I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

bowmore posted:

New DBZ TCG set got Mr. Popo and he rules

I want this to be real so loving bad. I will buy their lovely card game for that card and frame it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Caros posted:

I want this to be real so loving bad. I will buy their lovely card game for that card and frame it.
Get your own printed and frame it :cheers:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't know how the game works. Would that card actually be good?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Caros posted:

Panini Z actually owns

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

Probably yeah.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe? Definitely up until recently it would have been; Until a month ago the best deck was a Piccolo deck that involved getting to the highest personality stage (this is called Anger Victory this is one of three win conditions) very quickly and safely, but a recent errata made that deck merely amazing instead of stupid. In the current metagame I doubt anyone would use it but if it existed no one would ever build an Anger deck or many types of beatdown decks ever again since it'd autolose to that.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Dangerous Person posted:

There is a feature where you get to watch Sean Schemmel record Goku's dialogue during a fight scene including all of the grunts.

Didn't he faint or fall unconscious during the SSJ3 transformation? I swear one of the VA's fainted and another had to take rest for a week.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
May I ask anyone good at reading Japanese to translate some of the text here?

Guess that explains how Gero met #18 in the first place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

That talk about Attack of The Saiyans is now making me want to make a Dragon Ball RPG in RPG Maker to cover the whole franchise(admittedly GT would probably be relegated to side quests or something), starting from the beginning of Dragon Ball and going Saga by Saga(and squeezing in Movie and other side material stuff where appropriate), although I imagine lots of little tweaks would be needed to be made to make Dragon Ball work as an RPG, how interested would you guys be in such a thing?
Dude, that would take about 25 years to make and actual play time would be over 200 hours.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Endorph posted:

Dude, that would take about 25 years to make and actual play time would be over 200 hours.

It might be an impossible dream(cue Man of La Mancha music) but I'd say it's one worth pursuing, at least long enough to see how viable it would actually be to make each part(right now the main thing I'm thinking of is how should I handle Party Members)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Instead of setting really huge, almost impossible end goals for yourself, I'd say start smaller. Making an RPGMaker game that just covers all of Dragon Ball would be a big task, but it's at least a theoretically achievable one. Once you have that done, you could easily move on to make a DBZ one if you wanted to, and it'd make your project more focused since you wouldn't be planning/doing stuff for Z or GT while working on DB.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's actually a program that plays the retro CCG online for free if you want.
http://dragonballzocg.com/downloads?cmd=showcat&id=2

And a video of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFevOBn56zs

I haven't tried it, but don't expect Hearthstone or anything as far as intuitive design and bells & whistles. It's a free thing made by fans. The CCG is unique because of the way it works. Your deck is also your life, you draw 3 cards each turn, and if you declare a combat the opponent draws 3 cards. You each play an attack / defense in round until you both pass a turn, which physical and energy attacks needing specific defenses to those things. You can win the game by outright killing the other dude, collecting the dragon balls, or powering up to maximum and getting "anger points", which I guess it then assumes you've spent 5 episodes powering up and murder the other dude. After combat you put the top card of your discard on the bottom of your deck, so it's a little strategy to keep a good card in potential play. I hope I explained that okay.

It's a fun little game. Sad part is the only other way to play it digitally is that Gameboy game.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Mister Roboto posted:

My japanese is not good, so problably there are mistakes:

Trunks:
My name is Trunks
Anxious to back to the future and fight.
A Time Machine was created to cure Goku illness.
To save the world's future from the Androids.

Bulma:
Go further to the past to stop Doctor Gero and make a even better future.

Trunks:
That's why I'm goingo to the past again.
Altohouth, where the heck is this time Gero?
Hm?

Gero:
Hey girl wouldn't you like to be turned into an Android?

Trunks:
Ow...!

Gero:
LooK you can get a lollipop.

18:
That!

Trunks:
Eat this! Blue wind hope punch!

Krillin:
Goku how is your trainning going?

Goku:
Well!

Trunks!
Tho...those kids this time...

Gero:
Lucky! That's Son Goku!
This encounter is one in a million chance!
Your destruction will be Red Ribbon's new begging!
Go Android number 9!
Smash Son Goku!

Gero:
I've been defeated
I wont do anything bad anymore

Goku:
Ok!

Krillin:
A... are you ok?

Goku:
Krillin why do you look like an octopus?

Trunks:
Since I've came from the future this means things changed and Doctor Gero reformed.

Narration:
It turns out that future Trunks' battle was a peaceful one...

...Look like Doctor Gero defeat decision was a ruse

Future remains unchanged after all...

Gero:
poo poo! I wont give up Son Goku!

17:
You really like octopus!

Captain Quack fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 14, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SirDrone posted:

Didn't he faint or fall unconscious during the SSJ3 transformation? I swear one of the VA's fainted and another had to take rest for a week.

He talks about this and it wasn't the SSJ3 transformation. It was something in GT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2Ici4gG1Q

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

My name is Trunks
The warrior who fought to save the future from despair
I used a time machine to cure Son Goku's illness
And take back the future from the Cyborgs

Bulma: Going further back in time and beating up Dr. Gero would make an even better future, right?
Trunks: Oh, yeah, good idea.

So, I took a second trip into the past.

Trunks: Well, I'm here, but I don't even know where Dr. Gero is...

Gero: Hey, you girlie, you want to become a Cyborg?
Trunks: Right there!

Gero: Look, I'll even give you a bunch of candy!
18: Yeah, okay.

Trunks: Take this! Hope of the Blue Wind Punch!

Krillin: Goku, are you still training? (roughly)
Goku: Yep!

Trunks: Those...those kids are...
Gero: Oh god, it's Son Goku!

Gero: I guess it's my lucky day. I can take revenge for the destruction of the Red Ribbon!

Gero: Cyborg #9! Go and beat the crap out of...

Gero: Welp, I lost. I won't do anything bad ever again.
Goku: Okay!

Krillin: A, are you okay?
18: Bye!

Goku: Krillin, you look like a boiled octopus!

Trunks: I came from the future to do good and it looks like Dr. Gero is reform, so I call this a win!
Narrator: And so the curtain falls on the story of Future Warrior Trunks

Narrator: ...or so it seems. Dr. Gero is once again planning Goku's downfall. The future hasn't changed at all.
Gero: drat! I won't forget this, Goku!

17: You really like octopuses, huh?
18: Yup!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New DBM is kind of interesting. Looks like Zen Buu's sneaking around surreptitiously giving people powerups/suggestions in their sleep. I wonder if this means fights like Goku/Freeza and Bra/Cold will actually have some tension to them - I'm tired of watching Goku win his fights in one blow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Does Krillin really look like an octopus? (In response to the above comic.)

vs

I don't see it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She learned to love him.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Covok posted:

vs

I don't see it.

the joke is he's red like an octupus because a girl kissed him, hth

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

vs

I don't see it.

His head looks like an octopus head when he's 'embarrassed' / red.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I think in Japan "octopus" is how you call a bald person to insult them, I know I've seen other bald characters being called that.

It's a funny comic but man, the author is lazy, 17 and 18 are just their regular selves with a bigger head, at least they should have given them clothes more suited to children.

Goku and Gero made me think of Mega Man and Dr. Wily there, him apologizing at the end and all that, haha.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Petiso posted:

It's a funny comic but man, the author is lazy, 17 and 18 are just their regular selves with a bigger head, at least they should have given them clothes more suited to children.

i think the author is an obscure mangaka called akira toriyama

Edit: Oh huh, apparently it isn't. I figured it was one of those side comics he does for Spaceman Jaco.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nah it's the lady who also did episode of bardock

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Firstborn posted:

There's actually a program that plays the retro CCG online for free if you want.

Don't play Retro. "Retro" isn't actually the original version of the game like you'd assume, it's a fan-made format where they have a bunch of completely overpowered fake cards and a bunch of dumb rules that they added because it was made by scrubs who thought anything other than straight aggro decks were "against the spirit of the franchise" or some dumb poo poo. You can play the new game online easily enough and it actually has new people playing it. The actual old, non-Retro version of the game is still pretty cool but so convoluted that I can't recommend it as anything other than a novelty (and no one plays it).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I played the original game with a buddy. We both bought our favorite character starters and kept up with the new sets. I could never keep up with him, though- he'd always demolish me. I still have a zillion of the little plastic "scouters" and whatever the swords were called back at my mom's place.

Edit: come to think of it, I have a couple Krillin-centric cards floating around somewhere that were autographed by Sonny Strait, and I know I had one "Ultra Rare" but it was never useful to me.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 14, 2015

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

That talk about Attack of The Saiyans is now making me want to make a Dragon Ball RPG in RPG Maker to cover the whole franchise(admittedly GT would probably be relegated to side quests or something), starting from the beginning of Dragon Ball and going Saga by Saga(and squeezing in Movie and other side material stuff where appropriate), although I imagine lots of little tweaks would be needed to be made to make Dragon Ball work as an RPG, how interested would you guys be in such a thing?

That JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 self-insert rpgmaker game was pretty popular in the JoJo thread, so there'd probably be interest for a Dragon Ball rpgmaker game too. You might wanna check it out here for ideas on how to translate stuff into a game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

Instead of setting really huge, almost impossible end goals for yourself, I'd say start smaller. Making an RPGMaker game that just covers all of Dragon Ball would be a big task, but it's at least a theoretically achievable one. Once you have that done, you could easily move on to make a DBZ one if you wanted to, and it'd make your project more focused since you wouldn't be planning/doing stuff for Z or GT while working on DB.

That pretty much is the plan, not really going to touch the Z or GT content for a long time, well besides foreshadowing some things that happen later, like having Dr Gero actually show up during Dragon Ball for example, admittedly though I can't get started on this until the next time RPG Maker goes on sale, so for now it's just idle planning(for example I know for sure that Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, and Tien will all eventually be playable characters, but who else should I add to that list, although Master Roshi, Arale, and Bulma are all possible candidates)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

That JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 self-insert rpgmaker game was pretty popular in the JoJo thread, so there'd probably be interest for a Dragon Ball rpgmaker game too. You might wanna check it out here for ideas on how to translate stuff into a game.

I'll have to look into that

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

In a weird roundabout way, Xenoverse is pretty much the fighting game equivalent of that fangame, isn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Spiritus Nox posted:

New DBM is kind of interesting. Looks like Zen Buu's sneaking around surreptitiously giving people powerups/suggestions in their sleep. I wonder if this means fights like Goku/Freeza and Bra/Cold will actually have some tension to them - I'm tired of watching Goku win his fights in one blow.

DBM Comments posted:

Ah yes, Buu is being very liberal here =3 he is redistrubuting to all the poor souls, what a guy! He seems to have a lot more compassion than some of the heartless conservatives dwelling on this politically imbalanced site. As a liberal I must express my opinion, which I am so rightfully entitled to.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

lol

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hahahaha, what the hell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buu: obamacare
cell: eugenics
frieza: a conqueror king in the vein of alexander the great
vegeta: i didnt think this metaphor through

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Every time you read the comments on something Dragonball related it's like jumping into a portal to 1997 internet.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Man, DBM is really pushing Bojack hard. He's gonna have at least three specials and he had the first dramatic moment in the series when he kills Pan. But it's seriously not working and I don't know why they're so dedicated to making him a big deal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was going to mention something about comments of DBZ on Youtube, but then I found this and now everything is right in the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lsLofn7rM

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Testekill posted:

Man, DBM is really pushing Bojack hard. He's gonna have at least three specials and he had the first dramatic moment in the series when he kills Pan. But it's seriously not working and I don't know why they're so dedicated to making him a big deal.

Bojack was a boring villain, one of the least interesting movie villains, even Broly is more interesting than Bojack. The highlight of the Bojack movie is Tien fighting Trunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Testekill posted:

I'm reminded of a wrestler named Rellik than debuted on TNA Impact Wrestling like eight years ago. To get him over with the crowd, every time he was on screen the commentators would let us know that "Rellik" was "Killer" spelled backwards. Every time, regardless of whether of it made sense during the match or not, sometimes halfway through a match just so that the audience knew that his name was, indeed, killer spelled backwards. He didn't get over.

DBM is doing basically the same thing with Bojack, only it's somehow less-likely to succeed.

• Locked thread