Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I loved Gyanko trying to put a Gyan shield on everyone's models, because Gyan shields make everything better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Judging from the OP, I think Fumina's "support" role will change from cannibalizing her suit to power up her teammates to equipping a bunch of autonomous weapons that can be in a lot of places at once. Oddly enough, Winning HG (or whatever) looks like it's built for close combat, which isn't something she's done a lot of in the show.

Speaking of the OP, kinda surprised that team Zaku got placement despite losing every fight they've been in. I do wonder how people like Lucas and Sugita's character are gonna slot in, given that the show's all about team battles.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I loved Gyanko trying to put a Gyan shield on everyone's models, because Gyan shields make everything better.

Well, she's right. :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Mordja posted:

Judging from the OP, I think Fumina's "support" role will change from cannibalizing her suit to power up her teammates to equipping a bunch of autonomous weapons that can be in a lot of places at once. Oddly enough, Winning HG (or whatever) looks like it's built for close combat, which isn't something she's done a lot of in the show.

Speaking of the OP, kinda surprised that team Zaku got placement despite losing every fight they've been in. I do wonder how people like Lucas and Sugita's character are gonna slot in, given that the show's all about team battles.

The same way they always do: By lugging in a couple of warm bodies to fill the 3v3 count.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
New OP song is meh. I miss BACK ON. :(

That was a good episode. It wasn't particularly exciting, but it didn't have to be, either. It's nice to let the characters bounce off each other. It felt more like a Build Fighters season 1 episode.

Also, things I never expected to see in a Gundam series: morning sickness.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Where was Ral during all this?

Also Watching Mirai's despair at "there are more people!" was amusing, wondering if she was thinking about the food bills or something. Being Single Sis-Mom is tough. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Where was Ral during all this?

Ral seems to be being quietly sidelined due to the voice actor issue.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, I figured that would be the answer. Rather unfortunate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Ral seems to be being quietly sidelined due to the voice actor issue.

It's really a shame, because the new guy is perfectly fine.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

The glowy parts were the ones already there I think, not the new ones. The new ones are for the Burning system that Yuuma made.

Nope. Yuuma mentions it was the first time he'd taken the Build Burning apart in that scene, so he couldn't have added all the extra transparent bits. He even says they were hidden under the armor.

It's Sei, he is totally the kind of guy who would give his gundams secret functions you actually have to remodel the kit to use.

W.T. Fits posted:

New OP song is meh. I miss BACK ON. :(

Total disappointment it doesn't have a phrase being screamed at the top of the singer's lungs though. Where is the successor to HITORI JA NAI/ANO SORE HE/GENKAI NANTE NAI?

EDIT: Also I hope that Sei built two Build Burnings, a good one and an evil one, and hid them both away. That would be such an amazingly dorky thing to do.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 14, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm at work, does the new OP have rapping? If so it wins.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sei in the opening. Thank you Gunpla gods.

I wish they could arrange some sort of loser bracket so Gyanko would be fighting still though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Nope. Yuuma mentions it was the first time he'd taken the Build Burning apart in that scene, so he couldn't have added all the extra transparent bits. He even says they were hidden under the armor.

It's Sei, he is totally the kind of guy who would give his gundams secret functions you actually have to remodel the kit to use.

I mean that the parts are the ones already there. We see him taking the leg apart and the transparent parts match the ones BB already has before the upgrade. He points out that they were molded beneath the armor, not part of the armor, so they were part of the frame.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The new OP is easily the worst in the franchise so far, sadly. :smith:

Hey, We agree on something for once, the new intro is the Trans Am Burst of boring music. :smith::respek::smith:

The intro itself is actually pretty decent, its just the music that is bad. They really should have gone with something like the music from the latest Gundam Breakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWw2ket5Ehw

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Yuuma's "REMEMBER ME I WILL BEAT YOU" was pretty lame, but that's typical Yuuma I guess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Besides that he has seemed to (mostly) pull the stick out of his rear end at least. I mean, poo poo, he was even smiling for much of the episode!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

During the upgrade monologue with Sekai's expression you can just imagine he has no idea what he's doing and is really secretly drawing dickbutts on the gunpla parts.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I mean that the parts are the ones already there. We see him taking the leg apart and the transparent parts match the ones BB already has before the upgrade. He points out that they were molded beneath the armor, not part of the armor, so they were part of the frame.

Am I just misunderstanding you or something because when he takes apart the kit you can see the transparent bits of the Try Burning alongside the bits the Build Burning exposed. Yuuma didn't actually add anything, it was already there.

quote:

Walter Gundam (G)
ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam (Destiny)
GF13-039NP Jester Gundam (G)
RGM-89 Jegan (CCA)
RMS-108 Marasai (Zeta)
MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon (MSV)

I'm not entirely sure it's the Gelgoog Cannon since it seems to have beam sabers on the backpack, but that's the only Gelgoog variant that mounts it naginata on its back skirt as far as I know. And you can see a cannon in the earlier shot of all three wrecked suits.

Throwing in the towel on this one.

I love how the European Gunpla Academy is apparently full of UC supremacists.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Preview shows a Kyrios using the artillery missile pack. I wonder who that is.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

Throwing in the towel on this one.

It's a Zaku Diver

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

nuru posted:

Yuuma's "REMEMBER ME I WILL BEAT YOU" was pretty lame, but that's typical Yuuma I guess.

I actually thought that was a pretty neat moment. It was a nice contrast to Sekai and Wilfred's friendly rivalry banter, mostly because of Saga's reaction to it. Instead of being disrespectful or just straight-up ignoring him entirely, he actually stops, takes a moment to seriously consider it, then acknowledges Yuuma's challenge. Given his attitude before the Meijin put him in his place, it's a marked improvement.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

And that is all I have to say on this episode.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

nuru posted:

During the upgrade monologue with Sekai's expression you can just imagine he has no idea what he's doing and is really secretly drawing dickbutts on the gunpla parts.
He was just following Yuuma's blueprint for the Build Burning upgrade:

"Burning Burst System"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mordja posted:

Well, she's right. :colbert:

The SWGs riffle has an oversized blade running through the entirety of it with a swivel to make it pop out. I'm assuming that detaches and hooks up with her hand so she has a melee weapon. The melee bits are actually parts of the armor itself and not the backpack, so she can keep using them in real mode. Both Shia's and real mode SWG look like stabby melee speed demons.

I still dont get Lightnings new backpack, its supposed to make him faster and more agile while being bigger and probably heavier? Maybe in 0 gravity fights.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The SWGs riffle has an oversized blade running through the entirety of it with a swivel to make it pop out. I'm assuming that detaches and hooks up with her hand so she has a melee weapon. The melee bits are actually parts of the armor itself and not the backpack, so she can keep using them in real mode. Both Shia's and real mode SWG look like stabby melee speed demons.

I still dont get Lightnings new backpack, its supposed to make him faster and more agile while being bigger and probably heavier? Maybe in 0 gravity fights.

Yuuma has probably never played Kerbal Space Program, so he doesn't know proper thrust to weight ratios.

Neither do the mecha designers, either, I suspect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Am I just misunderstanding you or something because when he takes apart the kit you can see the transparent bits of the Try Burning alongside the bits the Build Burning exposed. Yuuma didn't actually add anything, it was already there.

You're misunderstanding. Yuuma was going "he has particle emitters hidden all over his suit" (taking apart the foot to show it off). There are hidden particle emitters that don't show up on the outside. However they don't represent all of the Build Burning Try's upgrades. It's just Yuuma revealing that basically every bit of the BB is designed for particle use like the RG system.

The BBT doesn't have a visible particle emitter on the foot either. It isn't Yuuma revealing the hidden particle emitters as an upgrade, it's him revealing they exist to the audience.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It still amuses me that Yuuma is talking like it's this advanced, fancy, specialized system and it's really just translucent blue plastic bits.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
So... are we all just ignoring that Sakai's team entered with Daitarn 3?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

It still amuses me that Yuuma is talking like it's this advanced, fancy, specialized system and it's really just translucent blue plastic bits.

I think we've communally agreed that the way plavsky particle will react with the plastic/metal you've used is entirely up to your blazing soul.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nuru posted:

I think we've communally agreed that the way plavsky particle will react with the plastic/metal you've used is entirely up to your blazing soul.

To be honest that would make sense considering what we know of the original series Plavsky Particle. That poo poo was basically crystallized newtype.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Artum posted:

Please, daitarn 3 lacks the heart of a lion beating in its chest. At first I thought it was just the ZZZ but its actually customized. It actually has 3 separate suits combine into it.

http://www.gundam-try.com/news/about-tryon3.html

Weep as you'll never see a kit for it.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Artum posted:

Honestly despite the name it looks more like a Brave Series mech with the Lion chest and rocket punch. It's Brave ZZkaiser.

Also an interesting thing I caught in the opening, in the shot of someone touching the old trophy before they showed the other teams you can clearly see it's Sei by his shadow on it. I wonder if he'll ever actually turn up in person. Maybe the finale will be Sei/Meijin/Lady vs Try Fighters?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The new OP as a song is okay, the new OP as scenes is pretty decent.
They just don't match at all. It's like an amateur AMV. :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Extra thrusters. Remember the The O from Zeta? Same principle.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

W.T. Fits posted:

Given his attitude before the Meijin put him in his place, it's a marked improvement.

So basically as evidenced by this and the others, the Meijin has saved Buikd Fighters Try.

Now if only he'd get his own series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

Nah, that's G-Reco's OP.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Zedd posted:

Uh, what? The song is kind of bland but it matches up to the scenes perfectly. This isn't a G-Reco situation here.

EDIT: Welp.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please, daitarn 3 lacks the heart of a lion beating in its chest. At first I thought it was just the ZZZ but its actually customized. It actually has 3 separate suits combine into it.

http://www.gundam-try.com/news/about-tryon3.html

Weep as you'll never see a kit for it.

Hahaha holy poo poo it even has a ROCKET PUNCH. Didn't notice that in the OP. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also

three GN drives. :allears:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, that's G-Reco's OP.

BlitzBlast posted:

Uh, what? The song is kind of bland but it matches up to the scenes perfectly. This isn't a G-Reco situation here.

EDIT: Welp.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gunpla academy has the right idea

• Locked thread