Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed that the proagonist's rivals are all 00-inspired machines. (Although The End is at least a bit of everything), especially since last season also ended with an 00 machine prior to the mocks. I know GN Drives are shorthand for powerful but in a series where the Turn-A Gundam can be defeated by a bear punch to the cockpit it doesn't really need that shorthand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
makes me wonder if shia has robo hands

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm disappointed at the lack of Wing mobile syits, personally. Need to get Fellini and Greco back in here at least for a little bit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed that the proagonist's rivals are all 00-inspired machines. (Although The End is at least a bit of everything), especially since last season also ended with an 00 machine prior to the mocks. I know GN Drives are shorthand for powerful but in a series where the Turn-A Gundam can be defeated by a bear punch to the cockpit it doesn't really need that shorthand.

well the writer for BF also wrote 00, maybe he's just got a bias towards them.

EDIT- Really given all the advantages a GN Drive would offer, I would put one on my gunpla if I was a serious competitor.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

Actually you're very wrong, the next Build Fighters series should be nothing but Exia variants.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mordja posted:

Actually you're very wrong, the next Build Fighters series should be nothing but Exia variants.

:agreed:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
In this case it actually might have been an executive decision; so far Bandai's been doing their best to either make new molds or recycle fairly modern kits, and that leaves them with 00 S2, AGE, and Unicorn. AGE is obviously off the table and Unicorn isn't going to work for a weekly TV series so...

EDIT: Also if I'm remembering right, most of the team worked on 00 so there might actually be some bias here. :v:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 14, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

the next build fighters should be very silly g-reco variants

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm disappointed at the lack of Wing mobile syits, personally. Need to get Fellini and Greco back in here at least for a little bit.

BFT will be a complete failure if we don't see an older, possibly married but still womanizing, Fellini with Gundam Fenice Wonderful.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also this series got pretty fun! Like it's starting to feel like s1 in all the right ways.
In a year or two the Build Fighter recommendations will all be "S1 is fantastic for everything but your wallet, S2 starts kinda crap, but halfway through gets really good."

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

StrifeHira posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo it even has a ROCKET PUNCH. Didn't notice that in the OP. :allears:

Its basically as if a Sunrise or Bandai exec was browsing through the entirety of their model catalogue, not just Gundam, and remembered the Brave series was a thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mordja posted:

Seven Exia variants, defending a Space Colony in exchange for Gunpla Parts.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As another tangent, I like how while he was offscreen Sakai made friends with his new team. :unsmith:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

As another tangent, I like how while he was offscreen Sakai made friends with his new team. :unsmith:

I was expecting one of them to be all jealous of him replacing them but no, they're all excited to be alongside him and the rest of the team! :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, that's G-Reco's OP.
I don't even consider that thing an OP. :v:

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

everythingWasBees posted:

I was expecting one of them to be all jealous of him replacing them but no, they're all excited to be alongside him and the rest of the team! :3:

Well from his intro the only people he seemed to like being around are either women or people fromhis home area, as all his dickery was targeted towards residents of Tokyo.

Still, it was nice seeing everyone just have fun this episode. Everyone was allowed to interact and do things and we even got to see building!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mordja posted:

No Items, Exia only, Space.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yosuke posted:

Well from his intro the only people he seemed to like being around are either women or people fromhis home area, as all his dickery was targeted towards residents of Tokyo.

Still, it was nice seeing everyone just have fun this episode. Everyone was allowed to interact and do things and we even got to see building!

they even gave the personality-less triplets a bit of personality!

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Also

three GN drives. :allears:

Godannar Gunpla Triple Drive

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BlitzBlast posted:

Also

three GN drives. :allears:

What if...we put GN Drives....on Funnels?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like how Sakai's dream was more than just a joke about how the ZZZ is never going to be animated, bu also foreshadowing something beautiful. :allears:

I wonder if the mysterious hooded rear end in a top hat was the one that actually beat up Yuuma all those years ago, his speech and longer hair seem to fit the bill.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rewatching the OP it works a lot better.

I wonder if Sei really made a nega build burning now, the OP seems to indicate they are pretty much the same MS :v:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 15, 2015

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If only G Bits hadn't been used last season...

Exia Bits. I am all the Gundams.

edit:

BlitzBlast posted:

In this case it actually might have been an executive decision; so far Bandai's been doing their best to either make new molds or recycle fairly modern kits, and that leaves them with 00 S2, AGE, and Unicorn. AGE is obviously off the table and Unicorn isn't going to work for a weekly TV series so...

EDIT: Also if I'm remembering right, most of the team worked on 00 so there might actually be some bias here. :v:

You say this, but...

"[s posted:

karlor[/s] Mr. Ral" post="440229787"]
GunPla alone possesses a god the power to transcend the now, the inner god called "possibility"

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 15, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009

Warmachine posted:

If only G Bits hadn't been used last season...

Exia Bits. I am all the Gundams.

We are Gundam.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Those where a thing in the 00 Movie, sorta.
There where big remote controlled pods with a GN drive, that released even smaller funnel-like things.

Edit: While looking for the above I also found more to answer this earlier question, It's not the biggest but it's lineart.

muike posted:

Speaking of 00 designs does anyone have the preliminary screenshots of the movie gundams before the designs were finalized? the zabanya was way cooler then

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 15, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In today's episode of "Sunrise teases kits that actually do not exist in the real world", we have them teasing a Cannon Illefueto kit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really mind Sekai. :shobon: He's a pretty generic shounen protagonist, but he's had a few really fun moments like his totally unshakeable faith in how awesome his sister is and Team Zaku Chumps not really being able to grasp that yes, he is actually that straightforward. I also laughed pretty hard at everyone showing off their new concept drawings, Fumina holding hers up, Sekai going :syoon: and then a second later turning to Yuuma and going SO WHAT'S ON THE BLOCK FOR MY BUILD BURNING??? He's not super duper interesting but he spends most of the show in kind of a neutral state while periodically having funny interactions with other people, which I think is okay.

If Yuuma hadn't spent most of the series in an emotional black hole I feel like the two of them would have had some excellent Odd Couple interactions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I like to think the writers/BFT Team at-large have rebelled and locked the guy responsible for the first half in a closet somewhere, because the latest episode's been a marked improvement and it looks like it'll continue that way :allears:. It's just the sudden increase in little moments like the scene of the triplets huddling and going "Do we know that guy?" "Uh... maybe?..." "Nope, not a clue :shrug:".

everythingWasBees posted:

the next build fighters should be very silly g-reco variants

BFT's supposed to have them now. They said they were allowed to use the G-Reco designs, it's just none have turned up yet.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Zedd posted:

Rewatching the OP it works a lot better.

I wonder if Sei really made a nega build burning now, the OP seems to indicate they are pretty much the same MS :v:

Personal bet, not 100% serious, is that not only being a student of Jigen Haoh and all, he was basically who Sei tried to use as a substitute in testing the systems that'd go into the Build Burning. I mean, sure, Sei was a good pilot, but he's not the kind of physical person who could really push a suit like that, and since Reiji isn't around, he went looking for someone. When he realised Junya was a jerk, he left, but Junya kept the gunpla.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Whoever's using the G-Arcane forgets that it can transform until midway through a battle. Sakai is seen in the background having a seizure over the pilot's forgetfulness.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BFT's supposed to have them now. They said they were allowed to use the G-Reco designs, it's just none have turned up yet.

The shows started at the exact same time, what the gently caress do you expect. Theyve probably already got plenty to do without trying to get mech specs and abilities from Tomino before either show airs. Now that theyre both well into the swing of things, it makes more sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KoB posted:

The shows started at the exact same time, what the gently caress do you expect. Theyve probably already got plenty to do without trying to get mech specs and abilities from Tomino before either show airs. Now that theyre both well into the swing of things, it makes more sense.

Build Fighters is a show about custom jobs rather than absolute accuracy. All they really need is the appearance and they can do whatever the hell they want off that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm disappointed we didn't get a team that uses the power of Dance to fight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm disappointed we didn't get a team that uses the power of Dance to fight.

We already got a genuine three-man Super Robot team, what more do you want? :colbert:

Also, that ZZZ's really got to be insanely super-powered if they got it classed as a Mobile Armor.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's not the ZZZ, it's the Tryon 3.

It combines!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We already got a genuine three-man Super Robot team, what more do you want? :colbert:

Also, that ZZZ's really got to be insanely super-powered if they got it classed as a Mobile Armor.

Based on schematics it looks more like 3 suits that combine into 1.

So yeah at least this kinda goes some way to justifying the 3v3 format

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

It's not the ZZZ, it's the Tryon 3.

It combines!

I'm hoping for a crazy battle between it and Build Getter Try.

If the backpacks from the other suits don't fuse with the Build Burning I'm going to be so disappointed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

I'm hoping for a crazy battle between it and Build Getter Try.

If the backpacks from the other suits don't fuse with the Build Burning I'm going to be so disappointed.

They don't. It's pretty likely Fumina's kit has a transformation gimmick into an HG, and she's said as much that the general design's built around supporting the team herself rather than just parting out as equipment for Sekai and Yuuma.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They don't. It's pretty likely Fumina's kit has a transformation gimmick into an HG, and she's said as much that the general design's built around supporting the team herself rather than just parting out as equipment for Sekai and Yuuma.

Well the Build Burning has to get another upgrade somehow. I refuse to believe that they will let the main suit not have some sort of crazy backpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The SBS stayed as is for the entirety of BF's second half, so you never know.

Unless you count the last episode backpack swap anyways.

• Locked thread