Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

That what it actually says? Guess he's the lord then

Looks like we're back to a Japanese style FE lord this time around :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh I see it now, there's a girl version and a brownhaired one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just realized that fighter in the in fight screenshot is wearing a speedo.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm not entirely sure what these are trying to show me other than jump attacks have a hilarious mid-frame and barbarians wear assless chapless chaps.

Those all seem to be Kamui, who is also who the maids are talking to in the first-person shot. Combined with the variable appearance, that's definitely the avatar.

Robin was already a lord in all but name, so maybe they're cutting out the middle man.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm not entirely sure what these are trying to show me other than jump attacks have a hilarious mid-frame and barbarians wear assless chapless chaps.

You can customize the lord. Either a he or she, and you can change haircolor, maybe other things? Their map sprites are very similar and their animations are the same. Also, they're in the middle of all the units here

indicating that yes, they are the lord.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

ChaosArgate posted:

It's not, actually,you can see the guy has a pinkish tunic under his armour.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

You can customize the lord. Either a he or she, and you can change haircolor, maybe other things? Their map sprites are very similar and their animations are the same. Also, they're in the middle of all the units here

indicating that yes, they are the lord.

Isn't one thing about The Lord that their starting position can't be moved? Or is that image showing something different?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't one thing about The Lord that their starting position can't be moved? Or is that image showing something different?

Yes, that's my point. Out of all positions the lord could start in on that map, that one makes the most sense. Also, we can see dancing girl (probably) to the lower left of her, which doesn't really make sense as a starting position for a lord.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
New Fire Emblem is awesome news. I just hope that "Nintendo 3DS" logo in trailer means original 3DS not New 3DS. These new ones cost an arm and a leg where I live :ohdear:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope they make better map designs. Also, that there are win conditions other than Rout the enemy.

That's all I want.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Don't tell me they didn't change name to 3DS Advance or something for the west. :what:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Inverness posted:

Don't tell me they didn't change name to 3DS Advance or something for the west. :what:

kk

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The bit with the blonde girl flipping crazy at the end...well, I can hope, hope and pray, that Lachesis is avenged and the Princess class makes a return :pray:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mabels big day posted:

Anyone else think the new Fire Emblem game looks really "anime"?

Yes, but this series has always been really anime when you get down to it so I'm not surprised.

I wanna know what the deal was with that giant that looked like it got lost on it way over from Dark Souls. Maybe that's the new world ending evil monster.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

theshim posted:

The bit with the blonde girl flipping crazy at the end...well, I can hope, hope and pray, that Lachesis is avenged and the Princess class makes a return :pray:

Eh, her hair looks more like Lucina's except silver.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes, but this series has always been really anime when you get down to it so I'm not surprised.

I wanna know what the deal was with that giant that looked like it got lost on it way over from Dark Souls. Maybe that's the new world ending evil monster.
Huh, I was thinking more Shadow of the Colossus.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I hope that if they add Lunatic+ difficulty again, they'll make it challenging rather than luck based. And also make the main game more akin to the earlier Fire Emblem's difficulty.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hope they make it so that the hardest part of lunatic isn't surviving the first 5 levels.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

I hope they make it so that the hardest part of lunatic isn't surviving the first 5 levels.

That seems like a tall order considering the early levels have always been the hardest part of any hard mode, with only a few outlying chapters.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

based on the trailer, which girl or guy do you think you'll marry first, fe thread?

im thinking the dancer

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cake Attack posted:

based on the trailer, which girl or guy do you think you'll marry first, fe thread?

im thinking the dancer

Tharja probably.

I believe.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

im thinking the dancer

All of them

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cake Attack posted:

im thinking the dancer

I'll marry the maid and it'll be just like my animes :nyoron:

After I reclass her to general of course.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Cake Attack posted:

im thinking the dancer

Completing the game unmarried to die alone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Never not a pegasus knight.

e: but the temptation of being a pegasus knight will probably outweigh the temptation to marry one.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

im thinking the dancer

I will reserve my judgement in the case of the return of Anna

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Whoever the hottest guy is

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Never not a pegasus knight.

e: but the temptation of being a pegasus knight will probably outweigh the temptation to marry one.

You could marry a Pegasus Knight, as well as be a Pegasus Knight. No shame in having two in the army.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You could marry a Pegasus Knight, as well as be a Pegasus Knight. No shame in having two in the army.

Hope they have gay marriage in the game then!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pegasus Knight is female only, so unless they have gay marriage you can't.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is deplorable that Mississippi has gay marriage before Fire Emblem

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fire emblem working title will have one of gay marriage and male peg knights, this is my promise to you

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am excited for this. I am very interested in what the whole "bows are part of the weapon triangle" part will bring, and if we need to rename it to the weapon diamond or weapon square.

Also, I'm marrying the Jeigan/Oifey character and nobody can stop me.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
This is probably the most excited I've been for a game release since Europa Universalis IV.

Holy poo poo, and so soon after Awakening, too. Considering how great Awakening was, I have high hopes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
e: Upon reconsideration, I'm dumb.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

AradoBalanga posted:

I am excited for this. I am very interested in what the whole "bows are part of the weapon triangle" part will bring, and if we need to rename it to the weapon diamond or weapon square.

I'm going to spoil it for you, unless they've drastically reworked archers, all it means is that the one attack your guy gets will be marginally more accurate, and not only will he take the three he gets in response on the chin like usual, they will be more accurate and stronger.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

We are kind of assuming things, archers might just have advantage against melee with no disadvantage. Or maybe they're weak to magic, or else that sword is a new slayer weapon for archers/bows.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Also the weapon triangle has basically never been important and I don't expect that to ever change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Manatee Cannon posted:

We are kind of assuming things, archers might just have advantage against melee with no disadvantage. Or maybe they're weak to magic, or else that sword is a new slayer weapon for archers/bows.

That is all very true, and none of it changes my point that unless archers have been completely reworked they're still exactly where they started (terrible).