Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

iajanus posted:

I've seen worse refs at this tournament - this one's biggest problem is not knowing what advantage is.
The non-red in the first half was a ridiculous decisin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
never a yellow

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Good performance from the 'roos but Oman have been loving abject. On tonight's evidence they'd struggle to close down a window let alone an opposing midfield

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This says a fair bit about the relative strength of korea and australia to me, given they only scraped a 1-0 vs kuwait

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Shmoses posted:

The non-red in the first half was a ridiculous decisin

It was, but compared to some of the refs in this tournament it was a nice surprise that he even saw a foul.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Byolante posted:

This says a fair bit about the relative strength of korea and australia to me, given they only scraped a 1-0 vs kuwait

Korea will be a weird bunch to play, they've got a team that you could say should be roughly comparable to ours. A few of the stronger players from the domestic league, a few chasing coin in China and the Middle East, and a smattering of random euro reps. The match against Oman the other night was boring as all poo poo and neither side looked anything beyond a pub team - and they looked loving bored truth be told. From the matches so far, they've strained out hairy 1-nils over Oman and Bahrain. Hopefully it's not all been the long con!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I think the gulags will be a bit fuller after the saudis smack dear readers juche supermen 4-1.

China vs Uzbekistan looks on paper to be a good match.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo! that.....was a goal

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

I think the gulags will be a bit fuller after the saudis smack dear readers juche supermen 4-1.

China vs Uzbekistan looks on paper to be a good match.

one team will get gold bars, the other a firing squad for that game

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Went to the North Korea game and they had quite a lot of supporters. Looks like the VIctory guys got behind them.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Applecross WC. posted:

Went to the North Korea game and they had quite a lot of supporters. Looks like the VIctory guys got behind them.

The MV chants were a dead giveaway.

China make it 1-1 and I cant pick a clear winner at this time.

And China go 2 up. Sweet strike.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 14, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Applecross WC. posted:

Yeah the North End guys got right behind them. By the end there was probably about two or three hundred people up there chanting with flags. It was pretty neat

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So i'll tell you a little secret. Me and Bog Chef started this a while ago after realising north korea was going to play in sydney. We got several goons (and I convinced several SFC and some WSW fans) together and made a banner and attended the game.

even with torrential rain we all jumped at the front and had fun singing stupid poo poo. I had convinced some other MV and MC fans to do this down in melbourne, shipped them my banner with a JF. While they had their shenanigans we had the BBC and foxsports come interview us at a pub while we watched the game (and me as the pyongyang ultras top boy)

This has to be the most fun pisstake I have ever done, and it's still not over. Bog Chef and I are going to travel to canberra to support the glorious nation of North Korea. To me Asia Cup has been freaking awesome :D

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ahahaha, that's amazing. I saw myself on the highlights reel at the game last night, and we were watching the MV lads at the other end going nuts with the banner all night. Got loads of support up with them too, ended up looking like a couple of hundred dudes in the DPRK active section

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Ahahaha, that's amazing. I saw myself on the highlights reel at the game last night, and we were watching the MV lads at the other end going nuts with the banner all night. Got loads of support up with them too, ended up looking like a couple of hundred dudes in the DPRK active section

Also I now have Adam Peacocks mobile number :D

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
A match winning effort dj_pain. Only thing could top that would be shagging Tara Rushton.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

dj_pain posted:

So i'll tell you a little secret. Me and Bog Chef started this a while ago after realising north korea was going to play in sydney. We got several goons (and I convinced several SFC and some WSW fans) together and made a banner and attended the game.

even with torrential rain we all jumped at the front and had fun singing stupid poo poo. I had convinced some other MV and MC fans to do this down in melbourne, shipped them my banner with a JF. While they had their shenanigans we had the BBC and foxsports come interview us at a pub while we watched the game (and me as the pyongyang ultras top boy)

This has to be the most fun pisstake I have ever done, and it's still not over. Bog Chef and I are going to travel to canberra to support the glorious nation of North Korea. To me Asia Cup has been freaking awesome :D

Good work mate, that's fantastic. I can't imagine they would have counted on much support over here. I remember reading that there's something like 50 north Koreans in Australia, so when they bought the team and staff they'd effectively doubled their audience.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The funniest part of the competition for me was how they stuffed up the Jordan player's drug test the other day. He couldn't produce a urine sample so they forced him to drink litres of water until he threw up. Then the coach and the Jordan FA got very angry with the AFC and Prince Ali (glory is he) personally phoned the player. What a farce lol.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Uae only just got over bahrain 2-1. By all rights iran should smash qatar.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
go QATIRN!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I thought tattoos were haram.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

MiniSune posted:

I thought tattoos were haram.

They're also prohibited by the bible

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

They're also prohibited by the bible

you're prohibited by the bible haha

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alex_R posted:

you're prohibited by the bible haha

Wow, drat

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

it's ok steve it is a good thing

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
there are people arguing in my apt complex and the woman just shouted 'don't you undesrtamd, you're a loving rat'

i like australia and i am looking forward to the second half of this match! asia cup owns

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im loving finally home from work and im ready to watch this second half

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

that guys facepaint moustache owns and i hope they pan out to pretty persian girls all game ftw

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How do these boring games keep happening, stop defending and go on jihads!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

iran looked really good in their first game, are they bad now

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

thats a nice touch, up the irans

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tonight, i am iranian

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

rip that iran kid he seemed cool and good

goochanejhad has the longest name in english league football, brilliant advanced stats

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm supporting them iranically

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

glad to see the gooch is continuing his work from last game where he is perpetually offside

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Qatar's gonna have to import a lot more south Americans and Africans to be competitive in time for 2022

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

I'm supporting them iranically

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol qatar arent even the best poo poo gulf team theyre really bad

webmeister posted: