Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

Bieeardo posted:

I have this overwhelming urge to reach through my monitor and slap the dick out of stoleviathan's mouth. Again.

Skiddies gonna skid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Bieeardo posted:

I have this overwhelming urge to reach through my monitor and slap the dick out of stoleviathan's mouth. Again.

No poo poo!

And page 3 gives us not only another painful to read try hard post from him, but a furry freak rambling about a dev-poster conspiracy, and the line "and the Jews still complained"

All in one thread!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Lagomorphic posted:

If you intend to fly the Breen carrier for a while then go ahead and get the elite fleet figates. If you've got like a Recluse or something to go back to then the EC store frigates are more than good enough for just grinding out the strait.

I intend to fly the thing(It's my only tier 6 on any of my characters-lord knows I WISH I could get a Recluse) only I have no Fleet Credit. I do have some Dilithium, though. Hence why I'm thinking about it, because I have no money and 100,000-200,000 Fleet credit is actually a lot to even consider grinding out per character, to say nothing of 45,000-90,000 Dil.

...Feh. Now's when I get mocked.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, fleet credit is actually loving annoying to grind right now since any fleet worth joining has long since been finished with the starbase, and the only way to get fleet credit is the starbase projects. Cryptic went out of their way to add a fleet mark dump job to make it easier... then made it so said job only gives half the normal fleet credit, making it pointless to ever use or slot. :ughh:

You're much better off just using the blue frigates and spending your dil/fleet credit on embassy science or spire tactical consoles anyway.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Also it is really not worth having alts for more than contra farming at this point so I wouldn't worry about grinding that out for each character.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, that too. Between reps, leveling, and spec grinding, I'm not even able to keep up with my main character, let alone even trying to do so with alts. Pick one and stick with it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
To what extent is faction choice as Romulan important? Presumably Feds are still way more populated so public quest style stuff is easier to grind for them (if you can't do those cross faction that is) and Klingons were at one point the way to go to gently caress with people in PvP but I take it the warning in the OP is still valid.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Orv posted:

To what extent is faction choice as Romulan important? Presumably Feds are still way more populated so public quest style stuff is easier to grind for them (if you can't do those cross faction that is) and Klingons were at one point the way to go to gently caress with people in PvP but I take it the warning in the OP is still valid.

There is no PVP anymore, and all meaningful queues are cross-faction. You get the same mission content regardless of whether you are a FedRom or a KlankRom. Feds are still more populated and get more barbie options, as well as cheaper doffs on the exchange. Klanks get better doffing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, hadn't considered that. Does the "for all Federation characters on this account" appearance stuff suddenly apply to Romulans if you go with them?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sort of. T1-4 ships can be used by Romulan characters (if only to strip the consoles from them), but T5-6 ships are faction specific so Romulans are limited to warbirds or cross-faction event/lockbox/lobi boats. Costumes are faction-specific similarly, though off-duty costume unlocks can be used by anyone. The bridge packs are also limited by faction. Everything else that says "for federation characters" (or "for klingon") can be used by appropriately-aligned Romulans though, yeah.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright cool, thanks both of you.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Some pubbie was arguing in the test server forum how it is such an injustice to remove those missions (for romulans) because for years he has grown to love them running them over and over.

Actually they're some lovely Federation missions in the Romulan arc from the launch of the game. I think one of them is the one where an Undine tricks you into committing a war crime by attacking a hospital.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Banned from the forums yet again for mocking the whole Tacofangs drama. I'll see you guys on January 26th.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Asimo posted:

You're much better off just using the blue frigates and spending your dil/fleet credit on embassy science or spire tactical consoles anyway.

The odd part being the 'blues' are coloured as Ultra-Rare, same as the Elite. The Dil ones are standard Very Rare colours.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/4Vnk8QnF

So this just happened in Quark's. Public ERP as done by children who just heard about sex in biology class.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't get over "refuring".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

I can't get over "refuring".

Well that's pretty simple. You see first you skin a Caitian alive and drape its bloody dripping pelt around your shoulders as a cloak.

There you go, "refuring".

Orv
May 4, 2011
For me it was Tuesday.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

ohsosad posted:

Haven't played this game in years so it sound likes the best time to come back but then i logged onto my rear admiral engineer commander and had no idea what was going on so I've decided to just make a new character.

Can i get an invite to the chat channel: Frank Harry George Barry Frank @bizzyfizzy

You're invited.

Leaks page is updated. See if you can find my favourite update in the list!

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
You know what? Can we postpone the anniversary a month or two? I just realized I've had an assfull of doing daily poo poo for Q. I even have a few alts to wrap on winter ships and it's probably not going to happen.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Korgan posted:

You're invited.

Hooooooooooooly poo poo

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Korgan posted:

Hmm. Nothing really that surprising here, though some of that looks fun. I can't really tell what you're talking abouahahahahahahahahaha oh wow. :stare:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hmm, is this what they're talking about, I don't see anything too- oh. Oh. Huh. Well. That's just. Yeah.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Frankly after all the poo poo Cryptic has done removing the subspace party nullifier from the game and people's inventories is a good first step. I approve of this.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Korgan posted:

You're invited.

that's really sad. i guess the game really is dying.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Frankly after all the poo poo Cryptic has done removing the subspace party nullifier from the game and people's inventories is a good first step. I approve of this.

That's mostly because they've been causing the recent server issues. Turns out that checking for a disco ball every frame is a real resource hog.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tunicate posted:

That's mostly because they've been causing the recent server issues. Turns out that checking for a disco ball every frame is a real resource hog.

You might say the people with subspace nullifiers are ruining the game step by step.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's been awhile, what missions are there with big space battles like the starship section of Boldly They Rode? I want to level my winter ship as fast as possible but gently caress the spacewalk section of that mission.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Unguided posted:

It's been awhile, what missions are there with big space battles like the starship section of Boldly They Rode? I want to level my winter ship as fast as possible but gently caress the spacewalk section of that mission.

Just run the Argala patrol in the Delta quadrant. It's straight combat with plenty of ships.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Just read the last 5 pages or so of this thread after taking about four months off. Why is it every time Cryptic introduces a new gameplay mechanic (in this case, the new boff training system) they do it in the most incomprehensible way possible? Its like their devblogs are written in gibberish and my eyes just kind of go crosseyed and I don't care about how it's supposed to work now because they make everything so convoluted.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

You're invited.

Hahaha Jesus Christ. Delta Rising is the best expansion and everyone loves it.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Berke Negri posted:

I've been out of game for a while, why did they do this? This seems totally-not Cryptic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrushedWill posted:

I've been out of game for a while, why did they do this? This seems totally-not Cryptic.

OPSEC.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Apparently, some over-eager GM has taken it upon themselves to start screwing with me. First, they deleted all my costumes. Then they badnamed one of my characters. Then they came back in and badnamed some more- all of this without an e-mail, warning, or explanation. It might be time for a support ticket.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Preechr posted:

Apparently, some over-eager GM has taken it upon themselves to start screwing with me. First, they deleted all my costumes. Then they badnamed one of my characters. Then they came back in and badnamed some more- all of this without an e-mail, warning, or explanation. It might be time for a support ticket.

That used to happen to me all the time, but it stopped around the time Branflakes quit. :iiam:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Preechr posted:

I am continually getting temp banned by "Q" which, if I am correct, is not attributed to any single CM or Dev, but can be used by smirk or gecko or whomever doesn't want to use their actual account.

My last ban was for pointing out how ridiculous the thread spamming of Taco was, and Q explicitly mentioned in the thread that I would be banned, which seems to violate the TOS rule of discussing moderation in the forums. My support tickets on the matter keep getting closed without comment.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

I am continually getting temp banned by "Q" which, if I am correct, is not attributed to any single CM or Dev, but can be used by smirk or gecko or whomever doesn't want to use their actual account.

My last ban was for pointing out how ridiculous the thread spamming of Taco was, and Q explicitly mentioned in the thread that I would be banned, which seems to violate the TOS rule of discussing moderation in the forums. My support tickets on the matter keep getting closed without comment.

Which is why the star trek online community is a joke and anyone who is associated with it will have a very miserable life.

poo poo, I played this game when I was unemployed. I found it enjoyable at the time. Now it is an utter shithole.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They're removing No Win Scenario.

Oh, and some bosses are getting more HP.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 15, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tunicate posted:

They're removing No Win Scenario.

Oh, and some bosses are getting more HP.

Well, having a separate mission for it was just redundant! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
On Olivia's website it says it is burnt out on STO and taking time off.

Maybe the CEO didnt respond to its letter.

• Locked thread