Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

As far as I know Mosaic started as part of a 4 part mini before it became an ongoing. It's sales weren't that bad either but it was cancelled after 18 or so issues.
Mosaic's seeds were laid in the early issues of Jones' GL run, as Appa Ali Apsa begins stealing cities (see the cover to Green Lantern #4, for example). I would do this:
Green Lantern 4-8 (You could even go back and read 1-3 to fill in even more of what JStew has been dealing with)
Green Lantern 14-17 ("Mosaic")
Green Lantern: Mosaic 1-18

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oh man, I need that multiverse guide :allears:

Grayson was solid specially because we finally got some plot going, although I found kind of heavy handed the fact Midnighter identified Dick due his rear end.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
King's pretty big on fanservice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Convergence 1-4 Solicits

quote:

CONVERGENCE #1
Written by JEFF KING and SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
Foldout cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and MARK MORALES
1:25 Variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
1:100 BATMAN sketch variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
Blank variant cover
On sale APRIL 8 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 8, $4.99 US • RATED T
This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever? The stakes have never been higher as the heroes of Crisis, Zero Hour, Elseworlds, and more are brought together for Convergence!
In the first issue of this weekly series, Brainiac has collected cities of doomed and forgotten worlds, who must battle each other—and the losers will be destroyed! But why is he forcing this conflict? Join the refugees from Earth-2 as they unlock the truth behind this world that exists outside time and space and is very much alive! Is Brainiac really in control—or is this planet named Telos an unparalleled force of evil?
This extra-sized issue is packed with twists and turns and appearances you NEVER thought you’d see—including the heroes from the hit series INJUSTICE!

CONVERGENCE #2
Written by JEFF KING
Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 Variant cover by JAE LEE
1:100 WONDER WOMAN sketch variant cover by DAVID FINCH
On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
As Telos, the Planet Incarnate, easily defeats the survivors of Earth-2, Thomas Wayne and Dick Grayson set off to find help in the pre-Flashpoint Gotham City. The emotional implication of these worlds colliding comes crashing down when Thomas Wayne confronts this world’s Batman, as father meets son!
Plus, Alan Scott’s attempts to connect with The Green yield unexpected results, setting our team on a quest to escape the planet. And the cyborgs of Futures End engage in a battle to the death against the reimagined heroes of the Just Imagine Universe, while the city of Superman Red and Blue takes on the opposing forces from GENERATIONS!

CONVERGENCE #3
Written by JEFF KING
Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and JASON PAZ
1:25 Variant cover by DAVE McKEAN
1:100 AQUAMAN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
On sale APRIL 22 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
Death comes calling as an injured Telos takes out his rage on the people of Kandor, while the Earth-2 team endures another brutal casualty. And major plans are set in motion as Green Lantern and the others follow Deimos into the lost city of Skartaris to find Rip Hunter and the missing Time Masters, who could be their only hope of escape from this apocalypse for Infinite Earths!

CONVERGENCE #4
Written by JEFF KING
Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and JASON PAZ
1:25 Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
1:100 GREEN LANTERN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
On sale APRIL 29 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
Inside Skartaris, the heroes of Earth-2 must face the only man who can stop them from finding the missing Time Travelers—but why would Travis Morgan, aka The Warlord, want to kill them?
Meanwhile, Telos takes the captive Dick Grayson to several of the battling cities to prove the futility of challenging him. And whatever you do, do not miss the final page, as the surprising return of an unexpected villain could crush all hope for salvation and seal the doom of everyone on the planet!

I wasn't expecting those universes to show up :stare:

And Dick continues to have really lovely luck :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

.. God, that sounds awful. I mean I kinda knew it was coming but "Look at all these worlds you liked! Now watch them die!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Very telling that the N52 is completely absent.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Try to hide your perverse glee.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Considering how lovely World's End has been, I'm hoping Convergence just hard reboots Earth-2 and gives it a clean slate all together. It doesn't look like DC wants to give up on it, but they gotta do something different.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Scott Lobdell is plotting Convergence. Please don't expect anything approaching decent from it other than a handful of good one shots depending on the creative team.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waterhaul posted:

Scott Lobdell is plotting Convergence. Please don't expect anything approaching decent from it other than a handful of good one shots depending on the creative team.

Lobdell's only co-writing Convergence 1 though?

Jeff King's the one calling the shots.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Lobdell's only co-writing Convergence 1 though?

Jeff King's the one calling the shots.
Being the dude's first comic writing doesn't instill that much more confidence. Lobdell/whoever isn't just going to leave it all up to him.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 14, 2015

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Lobdell is plotting the entire series,helping King with his first book and just co-writing the first issue.

(that's why i said plotting and not writing)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Grayson was solid specially because we finally got some plot going, although I found kind of heavy handed the fact Midnighter identified Dick due his rear end.

Aquaflash. :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man :allears:

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #1
Written by LARRY HAMA
Art by PHILIP TAN and JASON PAZ
Cover by PHILIP TAN
Variant cover designed by CHIP KIDD
On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Fresh out of recovery from a broken back, Bruce Wayne infiltrates the organized crime underworld, but the outlaw sent to test his mettle is none other than Azrael!

Convergence second week solicits

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

Considering how lovely World's End has been, I'm hoping Convergence just hard reboots Earth-2 and gives it a clean slate all together. It doesn't look like DC wants to give up on it, but they gotta do something different.

I like most of the characters they've built pretty well, so no complete do over, thanks, but they're gonna have to give them a new environment, unless Apokolips gets abandoned and can replace a moon. I'm expecting they'll jump over to main U.
April solicits should be fun :)

e: Or May since it's two months.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 15, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh man :allears:

CONVERGENCE: BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #1
Written by LARRY HAMA
Art by PHILIP TAN and JASON PAZ
Cover by PHILIP TAN
Variant cover designed by CHIP KIDD
On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T
STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Fresh out of recovery from a broken back, Bruce Wayne infiltrates the organized crime underworld, but the outlaw sent to test his mettle is none other than Azrael!

Convergence second week solicits

What the hell is going on with the lovely creative teams on the one-shots. Hama wrote one of the worst Batman runs in recent memory, and outside of Rucka doing the Question the creative teams look like poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

outside of Rucka doing the Question the creative teams look like poo poo.

Yeah, except for Jeff Parker's Flash Gordon team doing Shazam, but that should make up for an entire bad event.

:allears:

e: Kelley Jones Swamp Thing too, duh.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 14, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dick Graysons rear end is one of the last bastions of normalcy in the new 52, and I will thank you to respect it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Convergence 1-4 Solicits

quote:

This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever?

I love how it says "are you going to say goodbye forever?" when that is pretty much explicitly the point of the whole event.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah, except for Jeff Parker's Flash Gordon team doing Shazam, but that should make up for an entire bad event.

:allears:

e: Kelley Jones Swamp Thing too, duh.

Yea those two things are pretty sweet. Then I see Frank Tieri doing a few books and wonder what the hell.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No? The whole point of the event is to revisit old poo poo. it tells us they aren't doing another reboot four years after the last one, is about all.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like most of the characters they've built pretty well, so no complete do over, thanks, but they're gonna have to give them a new environment, unless Apokolips gets abandoned and can replace a moon. I'm expecting they'll jump over to main U.
April solicits should be fun :)

e: Or May since it's two months.

Unless they're willing to reset back to the Tower of Fate storyline/bring Robinson back they might as well just burn Earth 2 to the ground and use convergence as an excuse to bring back some classic version of the Earth 2 JSA instead.

There's way too much stupid poo poo going on to fix with just a simple creative shift.

Hopefully Abnett's JSA mini is good though.

VV Batdad and Val are eh but TechnoJimmy is the worst. And I'd rather Paktion comics wasn't invaded by that poo poo.

AFoolAndHisMoney fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 15, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think pacifist Superman, dad Batman and techno Jimmy are better characters than the starters :shrug:

Val-Zod making his way into Greg Pak's Action Comics is I thing I'd like to see.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 15, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Unless they're willing to reset back to the Tower of Fate storyline/bring Robinson back they might as well just burn Earth 2 to the ground and use convergence as an excuse to bring back some classic version of the Earth 2 JSA instead.

There's way too much stupid poo poo going on to fix with just a simple creative shift.

Hopefully Abnett's JSA mini is good though.

VV Batdad and Val are eh but TechnoJimmy is the worst. And I'd rather Paktion comics wasn't invaded by that poo poo.

TechnoJimmy is alright, I wish there was more time spent on the original premise of how magic was more the driving force in that universe than science and the eventual integration of Mr. Terrific with the rest of the team and him doing badass poo poo. And more Dr. Fate adventures. I do like the implication that Dick Grayson had the chance to have a normal family with Barbara and now Wildcat is training him. But this poo poo about that world ending is getting old needs to just loving happen already it's getting DBZ Frieza Saga levels of drawn out. "You have FIVE MINUTES before the planet explodes!" Also how did that world's equivalent of Atom Smasher die? He just biggend himself so big he.......disappeared?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Jiro posted:

TechnoJimmy is alright, I wish there was more time spent on the original premise of how magic was more the driving force in that universe than science and the eventual integration of Mr. Terrific with the rest of the team and him doing badass poo poo. And more Dr. Fate adventures. I do like the implication that Dick Grayson had the chance to have a normal family with Barbara and now Wildcat is training him. But this poo poo about that world ending is getting old needs to just loving happen already it's getting DBZ Frieza Saga levels of drawn out. "You have FIVE MINUTES before the planet explodes!" Also how did that world's equivalent of Atom Smasher die? He just biggend himself so big he.......disappeared?

He's just The Atom, Atom Smasher was Golden Age Atom's successor. And his death was some incredibly stupid thing about growing really big underground to create a hideout but die in the process.

This was after they'd already ripped his arm off.

They really should've stopped the Apokolips stuff after the Evil Superman arc, the series was more about building a new era of heroes after the Trinity died in a sort of reverse of the JSA's role in Post-Crisis. Apokolips was pretty minor in that regard, just giving them a motive to build a team against Steppenwolf and that was resolved pretty much by the end of Taylor's run so there's no excuse to just keep dragging it out with yet another invasion.

The most frustrating part is that Earth 2 began as a more optimistic series about building a new world after a great war ravaged it and instead all the new writers are seeing it as the opportunity to blow everything up.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

He's just The Atom, Atom Smasher was Golden Age Atom's successor. And his death was some incredibly stupid thing about growing really big underground to create a hideout but die in the process.

This was after they'd already ripped his arm off.

They really should've stopped the Apokolips stuff after the Evil Superman arc, the series was more about building a new era of heroes after the Trinity died in a sort of reverse of the JSA's role in Post-Crisis. Apokolips was pretty minor in that regard, just giving them a motive to build a team against Steppenwolf and that was resolved pretty much by the end of Taylor's run so there's no excuse to just keep dragging it out with yet another invasion.

The most frustrating part is that Earth 2 began as a more optimistic series about building a new world after a great war ravaged it and instead all the new writers are seeing it as the opportunity to blow everything up.

That's pretty much why I called him equivalent Atom Smasher since he just got big and yup that's about it. And yeah I mainly blame the direction it went solely at the feet of DC higher ups and the want to cram Future's End into it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So a friend told me there's a new Powergirl without a boob window costume, is that a real thing?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

KittyEmpress posted:

So a friend told me there's a new Powergirl without a boob window costume, is that a real thing?

Both Powergirls are going to end up without boob windows, but there is a new one. Sadly she is on that lame Teen Titans book.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's the info page that was running in last week's books.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Huh, neat, thank you for finding that for me, Fansub!

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Earth-2 makes me feel like I'm reliving Marvel's Ultimates book. Started with a lot of promise of doing interesting things with familiar characters you couldn't do in primary continuity but run into the ground with arbitrary conflict, deemphasized character development and just pointless shock value. World's End is DC's Ultimatum and I can't believe I fell for it again.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Huh, neat, thank you for finding that for me, Fansub!

No prob.
BTW, it's talking about the recently relaunched series of Teen Titans, not the one from the start of the New 52. Don't buy Scott Lobdell comics.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Next to people constantly switching side. Miracle Man, Wonder Woman's daughter and Barda have switched sides more time than the series as books now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oh goody, more dead parents!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh goody, more dead parents!

Dead parents, new character has friction with the Titans, low power levels so they can dramatically level up, drawn-out heel/face turn drama, replaced a preexisting character for no reason, but it's okay because we kinda sorta closed the boob window! :rolleye: (p.s. the costume is worse in literally ever other way)

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
^^^

Teenage Fansub posted:

Mary Sue.jpg

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is the best place to find heroes really New York City? This isn't Marvel. Is NYC really that big a deal in the DCU?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

That is a stupid and uninteresting costume.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

No prob.
BTW, it's talking about the recently relaunched series of Teen Titans, not the one from the start of the New 52. Don't buy Scott Lobdell comics.

Except for RHATO. Is loving awesome :colbert:

The Superboy issues guest starring Bunker were also pretty neat.

Oh and the new TT series is still a steaming piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I know you apparently need constant reminding but no one but you considers RHATO good. I would hesitate to say everyone thinks it is trash but your thread certainly established that it is not a good book.

• Locked thread