Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It helps that Cameron is pretty bulbous and plasticky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jurgan posted:

I seem to recall Rorus Raz making roughly the same joke in his fake Kelly. The difference is he didn't spend a day hyping how amazingly edgy it would be.

And also, Rorus' version was a (good) imitation of a parody. "Haha it would be absurd if someone did a comic like this - here's a version of that idea, taken to the absurd degree, let's make fun of it!" Also it was good.

Rall's was neither making fun of itself, nor was it good.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It helps that Cameron is pretty bulbous and plasticky.

On that note, Paul Thomas's caricature of Cameron is nigh unrecognizable. In my opinion, it's the worst bit of Thomas's already very bad art. My untrained American eye always assumes it's one of the male royals until I notice that it's supposed to be a politician and then realize it's Cameron.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Rorus Raz posted:

So does this mean I'm edgy?

The fact that you beat him to that joke is basically the best thing.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

On that note, Paul Thomas's caricature of Cameron is nigh unrecognizable. In my opinion, it's the worst bit of Thomas's already very bad art. My untrained American eye always assumes it's one of the male royals until I notice that it's supposed to be a politician and then realize it's Cameron.
All other UK cartoonists seem to realize that with Cameron, you go kinda bulbous and shiny--don't know how Thomas missed the memo.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

These are some great sex faces.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Internet Webguy posted:

Harsh burn on ambassadors.

An ambassador is just there to clean up the mess. AGC.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Vargo posted:

This is a million pages ago, but can someone make the "Kill Everyone 'Cuz I'm MAD" guy avatar-sized?

WarpedNaba posted:

I actually really like that Mohammed drawing. Could we get that too?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'd like there to be some sort of highly publicized roundtable featuring Mitch McConnell, Tony Abbott, and Ed Miliband, just to see cartoonists go nuts.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"No, but I understand your confusion because Ralph Ellison's book has the same title."
Uhhh... H. G. Wells wrote The Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison wrote Invisible Man.

Still a dumb cartoon though.

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 15, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Grapplejack posted:

Let's see how Henry is doing

Oh poo poo, I agree with a Henry. Calgary just banned tobogganing outside of public parks. Hopefully the police won't enforce the law, but it has a big chilling effect anyway.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpOz44RM20

Video of Charb, Cabu, Wolinski & Tignous cartooning

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Your sister, well... she's in heat for an alpha male Jeff Cooper type to ride herd on her.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
"You rear end in a top hat, why do you have to treat my baby sister that way?"

-Sam Flanagan-Owens, Alternate-Universe Day by Day

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sir Rolo posted:

Your sister, well... she's in heat for an alpha male Jeff Cooper type to ride herd on her.

"The man who lost Iraq now prosecutes the one who won it?" Does this mean anything? Have I missed my latest right-wing dispatch?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Jurgan posted:

"The man who lost Iraq now prosecutes the one who won it?" Does this mean anything? Have I missed my latest right-wing dispatch?

Petraeus gave confidential information to a reporter to get his dick wet, FBI and DoJ are recommending charges over it.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Jurgan posted:

Bremer sues Al-Baghdadi?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Jurgan posted:

I'm guessing it's something to do with the proceedings against Patraeus and his giving his journo mistress classified information so she'd keep boinking him.

Losing Iraq is apparently the same thing as leaving it as agreed because they don't want us there anymore.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Owns

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SomeMathGuy posted:

:goonsay: Yes, he can blend into the shadows and basically turns invisible as long as he stands still. Generally not something he's known for.

Cipher on the other hand actually can turn invisible, so clearly that ought to have been the go-to.

Everyone always forgets about Morph.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever? Kelly doesn't count.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever? Kelly doesn't count.

Yes.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

WarpedNaba posted:

Really? A blue hairy monster with a tail can camouflage himself?

everything but his eyes turn invisible in shadow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever?

:laugh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Probably should've phrased that better! But thanks for the chuckles :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's another rib-tickler!

:lol:

Edit: For even more of a laugh, go to the linked website :)

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever?
Bad people

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

:siren: Carlos Latuff is anti-semitic garbage who uses Muslim oppression to justify his bigotry :siren:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Calling the people that are calling out your racism racist means we've reached post-racial America?

I...wait...just... :psyboom: Ow....

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Hi haters.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ladyboy pancake posted:

:siren: Carlos Latuff is anti-semitic garbage who uses Muslim oppression to justify his bigotry :siren:
But...it's true, isn't it? France has laws to protect against anti-Jewish talk, but not anti-Muslim. Or did I hear wrong?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 15, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Alkydere posted:

Calling the people that are calling out your racism racist means we've reached post-racial America?

I...wait...just... :psyboom: Ow....

Post rational :eng101:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Jigsaw posted:

It was a sorta joke, Invisible Man is about racism and being black in America.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

But...it's true, isn't it? France has laws to protect against anti-Jewish talk, but not anti-Muslim.

Also didn't a comedian just get in trouble in France for making fun of Jews. Still I wish Latuff wasn't so passionate in his antizionism that he's willing to know more or less make propaganda for actual antisemites like that cartoon contest in Iran

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Jigsaw posted:

I picked The Invisible Man off a summer reading list in elementary school, ended up buying Invisible Man by accident, read it and submitted a book report anyway.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Here's another rib-tickler!

:lol:

Edit: For even more of a laugh, go to the linked website :)

Hahahaha I forgot all about MittFitts

I'm gonna need context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rodbeard posted:

Also didn't a comedian just get in trouble in France for making fun of Jews. Still I wish Latuff wasn't so passionate in his antizionism that he's willing to know more or less make propaganda for actual antisemites like that cartoon contest in Iran
Well, for me none of that interferes with the message that France and other places have a pretty serious double-standard about this and should probably do something about it, either in one way or the other.

• Locked thread