Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

The Bunny posted:

This is wikipedia. I got an email about a new hot expansion. If I log in I get access to the 5th internal right away. Is it worth coming back!!

I think if they launched with all the improvements they have now and also no cash shop sets or ding-selling it would be a good game, but they didn't so it's bad and dead.

I'm still having fun on SV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
the cash shop sets are fine, and fun, and if the game was good I would have no problems spending the money for them. the problem is that snail removes them from the shop and adds them back in for essentially double the cost with jade fragments, or puts them behind huge money barriers (tempest staff, etc.) it's part of why I like wulin, they don't remove cash sets and I pay in euros which gets me a set for 24 dollars instead of 30, if I want to buy one.

ancient finger poke comes from bags costing 30L each that have a very, very small chance to drop a fragment. 10 fragments to a skill and 7 skills. apparently you can get ghost shadow sword this way too, but it costs like 80D per skill. all of this information comes from spending 2 minutes looking at things then laughing at more money sinks, so things may or may not be correct.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

GreatestNerdEver posted:

the cash shop sets are fine, and fun, and if the game was good I would have no problems spending the money for them. the problem is that snail removes them from the shop and adds them back in for essentially double the cost with jade fragments, or puts them behind huge money barriers (tempest staff, etc.) it's part of why I like wulin, they don't remove cash sets and I pay in euros which gets me a set for 24 dollars instead of 30, if I want to buy one.

ancient finger poke comes from bags costing 30L each that have a very, very small chance to drop a fragment. 10 fragments to a skill and 7 skills. apparently you can get ghost shadow sword this way too, but it costs like 80D per skill. all of this information comes from spending 2 minutes looking at things then laughing at more money sinks, so things may or may not be correct.

Wulin hasn't gotten Shura Blades yet?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hole Wolf posted:

Wulin hasn't gotten Shura Blades yet?

Factions patch in early march, with the next two major patches by July, so nope, not yet.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Lhynn says that the game does not suck and that all goons should come back to it. so, there's your pep talk to get back to ancient china.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
If anyone remembers the "Not speaking Up Taoist" in Chengdu, turns out that was a mob for the 5th inner quest. Another mystery of Chinagame solved? :psyduck:

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
So hey Age of Wulin is actually really fun. It doesn't take very long to get to a reasonable level and the ping from the US isn't that bad.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Estraysian posted:

So hey Age of Wulin is actually really fun. It doesn't take very long to get to a reasonable level and the ping from the US isn't that bad.

It's a decent, active version that I have been playing for quite some time. It's the same game, but it feels differently when not run by SnailUSA. You can whisper Soysaucè (me, note the special è) if you need something, or a guild.

And yes, unsurprisingly, my ping to Wushu is 100 but my ping to Wulin is 130, so it's really not that different. SnailUSA really is a special company.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Estraysian posted:

Yeah except ancient sets still exist so wushu is dead to me.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Ancient sets continue to be annoying but not the end of the world, also just like Wushu 99% of people suck at using them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Estraysian posted:

Fool me once chinagame. Fool me once.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Ancient sets continue to be annoying but not the end of the world, also just like Wushu 99% of people suck at using them.

Feint beats Block
Overt beats Feint
Block beats Overt

oh yeah unless you have an ancient set then overt beats block and boy howdy is this game fun

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Haquer posted:

Feint beats Block
Overt beats Feint
Block beats Overt

oh yeah unless you have an ancient set then overt beats block and boy howdy is this game fun

If you don't like it, that's fine, but ancient sets do not ruin the game and it's still plenty of fun fighting even without having any ancient skills. vOv

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

If you don't like it, that's fine, but ancient sets do not ruin the game and it's still plenty of fun fighting even without having any ancient skills. vOv

My last memories of wushu was being one of the last 10 people on the server that weren't gigantic pay2wins.

Also the game is still ping2win so overseas play is garbage.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The more content they release for the game, the stronger the pay2win players get compared to everyone else. Their class 6 jade disables you when landing a hit and lets them ignore the effects from your inferior armor, their skills have a poo poo ton of red armor and massive area of effect crowd control that overrides even yellow armor, and their hits all take away massive chunks of your life. The only options left are to either mortgage your house to buy taels, or to avoid pvp entirely. And since the newly added pve stuff is the same grind of poorly translated quests and hp sponge instant kill gimmick bosses, there's really nothing left in the game for me.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ponzicar posted:

The more content they release for the game, the stronger the pay2win players get compared to everyone else. Their class 6 jade disables you when landing a hit and lets them ignore the effects from your inferior armor, their skills have a poo poo ton of red armor and massive area of effect crowd control that overrides even yellow armor, and their hits all take away massive chunks of your life. The only options left are to either mortgage your house to buy taels, or to avoid pvp entirely. And since the newly added pve stuff is the same grind of poorly translated quests and hp sponge instant kill gimmick bosses, there's really nothing left in the game for me.

Yeah the people on wulin really don't know how lovely it gets for normal players later on.

They can enjoy it while it lasts though.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Mount Hua on Blue Dragon last month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njnehIYuqIs

This is your future.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
I know where things go, I kept up to date on the game. Doesn't matter, it's still fun while it lasts.

Wulin as a whole feels different than my time in Wushu, having an early merge meant that there is not some power bloc dominating the game the whole way through. Combining Hua/4th set patches did not let the economy spiral out of control. Ancient sets are there but it's really no worse than Wushu was. I'm having fun with it, so oh well.

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 18, 2015

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I know where things go, I kept up to date on the game. Doesn't matter, it's still fun while it lasts.

Wulin as a whole feels different than my time in Wushu, having an early merge meant that there is not some power bloc dominating the game the whole way through. Combining Hua/4th set patches did not let the economy spiral out of control. Ancient sets are there but it's really no worse than Wushu was. I'm having fun with it, so oh well.

Are they still blocking IP addresses from Asia?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

The economy spiraled out of control not for that, but because $USD dictated how much a ding would buy.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

ArdanSortek posted:

Are they still blocking IP addresses from Asia?

I don't know, maybe? Lots of vietnamese and chinese players play it, but that's not a reliable measure.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
So after Mutou dumped god knows how much money in to getting all of ancient finger poke, he gets knocked out in the first round of hua. Tox and whoever else spend the night making excuses for his loss while we laugh. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

So after Mutou dumped god knows how much money in to getting all of ancient finger poke, he gets knocked out in the first round of hua. Tox and whoever else spend the night making excuses for his loss while we laugh. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :allears:

Oh man Mt Hua, I still can't believe that amazing trolling with nothing but shallow kung fu for the finale of the second one.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh man Mt Hua, I still can't believe that amazing trolling with nothing but shallow kung fu for the finale of the second one.

My favorite Hua was the single one that I joined, but wouldn't fight Hejie in and his inevitable meltdown in scene.

The shallow kung fu was a giant "gently caress you" to all the players though, and I loved it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's funny because it's also the most entertaining set to watch a fight with. Man I kind of want to play on wulin now...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
No you don't.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Sure he does! Wulin is fun!

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I joined my first Hua and forgot to activate my inner. Got bloodbath 1-5 as a reward. Can't complain.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Ha I barely had enough free time to play wushu back before I was working. Theres no way I'd have enough free time to do anything productive in wulin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Ha I barely had enough free time to play wushu back before I was working. Theres no way I'd have enough free time to do anything productive in wulin.

I'm working my way towards a doctorate in physical therapy, I have no time for kung fooling around. :(

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I found this thing again

https://synchtu.be:8443/r/goontangclan

and it was still full of romance of the three kingdoms episodes so I removed those and put something in there better.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm working my way towards a doctorate in physical therapy, I have no time for kung fooling around. :(

The only thing I miss about wushu now is hearing you talk about your dog :3:

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
So they merged all the servers and its still a giant shithole? rip chinagame forever, just decided to try to log in to see if it was actually alive or what happened to it and I cant even get into my account. wonder how they even run their security. I mean we all know by now snail is basically this and nothing else but seriously :frogout: And ancient sets were just the way of making those who have money and no brains be able to :histdowns: all over the place and still win, 0 skill involved.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

StormBringer posted:

So they merged all the servers and its still a giant shithole? rip chinagame forever, just decided to try to log in to see if it was actually alive or what happened to it and I cant even get into my account. wonder how they even run their security. I mean we all know by now snail is basically this and nothing else but seriously :frogout: And ancient sets were just the way of making those who have money and no brains be able to :histdowns: all over the place and still win, 0 skill involved.

By all accounts it's a PVE fest with Rebellion having the mass of members in the game, so they can all be in one guild to do PVE bullshit in.

Also, they've done like 2 more server merges since last september and each time the server performance has gotten even worse and so has the lag.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
I saw the word pve. Never coming back :ughh: that game was fun just to harass them terrorists all day, rip what could've been a good game.

edit: I actually got In and there are still people who had me added for all this time. :cmon: game seems much more lively though. Trying to get used to my old controls and seriously :wtc: how did I ever play like this.

StorGondul fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 1, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Comedy Gold.

A few highlights:

Petmako posted:

:lol: :lol: just laughing so hard .... Thanks for giving me time to spend with my real life and my cars instead of playing with all these problems. :?

PayTenDing posted:

Hello everyone, this is PeiTingCheng
Apparently, this has been confirmed that the illegal Dings sold to Petmako was mine, I was taking a vacation off oversea on the weekend, and I just found out this morning that my Dings were disappeared.
The person who sold the Dings to Pet is Mei Xu ( a clone account).
From what my friends told me, she has spammed on World chat from Friday 1/23/2015 to sell 66 Dings ( I had 70 Dings in my account and after she took it to her account, the tax took it off to 66).

She also took some of my items such as Legendary Token to exchange for Weapon Lore and 3 Taichi Fragments

Heres the link she was trying to sell my Dings and items on Epicnpc http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/723661-S ... i-Chi-Frag

I really hope Snail can and will do something about this because this is RIDICULOUS.
I am a veteran player of this game, I love it and would like continue it with the right action from Snail.
Thanks for reading.
PTC.

Mutou posted:

ur logic claiming to be a smart person while calling others dumb fxck is same as a poor person demanding to know how others make 10 times more money than you. Please go ask how does the higher income people became rich and how do they succeed in achieving it including what's the difference of them handling their funds comparing to the minimum income people. With ur social behavior, I doubt you will go anywhere.

Also lets be real. Pay2Win have the funds so they r more of a none selfish type due to their income which they have the funds to purchase whatever they desire (also keep this in mind, they purchase it from the public "which are the ppl crying about pay2win in forums/game"). Meanwhile minimum income ppl intend to scam and betray to get the most benefit out of it for their selfish humanity behavior. This is what money does to the selfish ppl. And these ppl have no shame and courtesy to talk about pay2win in forum. This is also y most of the pay2win is getting hated, misleading rumors and gossip to public. Just like how many hated threads/post to celebrities when they never interact with them.

Y complain about pay2win when you sell them ur hard earn items for silver and then complain of them getting stronger? I Guess money talks including it talks for you too?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Thank you mutou for being the voice of reason

"Why are you complaining about pay2wins when you sell them things so you can have liangs to spend on things YOU loving POOR"

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

Thank you mutou for being the voice of reason

"Why are you complaining about pay2wins when you sell them things so you can have liangs to spend on things YOU loving POOR"

Bodyslamming him off of his dumb bird because he paid Tox to show her nasty snatch was pretty much the best thing.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I like how Petmako literally responds two posts after a GM posts that he wants to buy an account to play while his main account is frozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Whatever happened to everyone playing Swordsman Online? Did the game turn into a hilarious clusterfuck to the level of Age of Wushu or just not have any staying power?

I feel the need for a kung fu MMO in my life.