Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

what the gently caress is this music lysander plays between matches

It's not the same 6 monstercat tracks the rest of them play so I could not give any less of a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Gosugamers had an interview with Era. Apparently, he's still unhappy with how Fnatic management handled things and the drama fractured what had been a friendly team for a long time. He occasionally trades messages with Hanni and Fly but that's it. His anxiety issues largely stemmed from traveling around the globe by himself at a young age, as he was the only Swede on the team and most tournaments don't pay for plus-ones to go with you. Valve paying to bring his family along clinched it all together and he says he's fine now.

It's easy to read s sort of outrage that the team would bother to replace him and keep going without him, which has gotten a lot of "crybaby" comments. It seems more that they decided on a replacement while he is in the process of traveling home after getting sick at a bootcamp. Dota teams seem to have a recurring habit of stirring up drama by making substitutions when the player being substituted is not in the loop.

There was also some talk about running an all-Swedish team playing for a Swede organization, which spiraled into ethnicity chat (his father has Albanian roots, if you wondered.)

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Merlinis voice keeps cracking.

e; Starladder started: http://dailydota2.com/match/wGRga9T

actually looking forward to seeing a LAN with tier 2 teams.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
What the gently caress is it with Swedes and their thing with racial purity in dota teams?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What the gently caress is it with Swedes and their thing with racial purity in dota teams?

It's easier to communicate with your teammates in your native language.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wezlar posted:

Actually it's because all swedes are basically Hitlers.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wezlar posted:

95% of people speak Swedish, 89% of people speak English.

Andrast posted:

Actually it's because all swedes are basically Hitlers.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

95% of people speak Swedish, 89% of people speak English.

What? Do you know what a native language is

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
EE was kicked because he lived on the other side of the globe with all the problems that causes, really don't get why people think it was due to any other reason.

(But then again I'm Swedish so :sweden::hf::hitler:)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
^^ look at this hitler!

Wezlar posted:

"literally everyone under the age of 80 speaks English"

But I guess they want to use their native language because

Andrast posted:

all swedes are basically Hitlers.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Wezlar posted:

yea they are still hilters though since it doesnt really matter, look at black^ playing on a chinese team and kicking rear end lmao

Kainser posted:

EE was kicked because he lived on the other side of the globe with all the problems that causes, really don't get why people think it was due to any other reason.

because loda specifically said he wanted all swedish speakers????

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

That was the reason given for why they took Mynuts over Fckingmad. Obviously they are all English speakers but if two players are of equal skill or close to equal skill it obviously makes sense to take the person who speaks the same native language as you as opposed to someone who you have to communicate through a second language with. Sweden also has a well enough established pro gaming scene that its pretty easy for them to form all Swedish squads. I'm sure it also helps with boot camping but I've never heard that used as a reason. The French do it in CS as well because they have a lot of top players.

If you were just flaming Swedish people and didn't really want an answer I'm sorry for wasting your time I guess :shrug:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kainser posted:

Probably because Loda himself said he wanted an all-Swedish team.

Loda posted:

I spoke to everyone. And I did have a long talk about. And we decided that we believe more in an all Swedish team, and that has to do with language, but also with synergy. You've done a lot for this team, and sure you have invested a lot, but so has everyone else. Thnx for everything you've done, and for helping us grow as players. And I know for sure that you will find a new team, you are the best at what you do, and I think we have helped you grow as a player aswell. Now you can do anything, and a lot of players will play with you. The reason for us is the nationality issue.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This Fire vs Empire series at starladder is the highest form of comedy

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
What the gently caress happened to Merlini's voice?

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Why is Zyori wearing a suit that's like 3 sizes too large. He looks like a high school senior borrowing his dad's jacket

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Xyven posted:

Why is Zyori wearing a suit that's like 3 sizes too large. He looks like a high school senior borrowing his dad's jacket

I mean until a month ago dude had 8 foot dreds that he tied with a pink bow he clearly has no idea how to dress himself

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
to think the guy who got known for casting poo poo-tier leagues while wearing a kotl costume is the only one who can dress well

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

what the gently caress is this music lysander plays between matches

I hope you're on Starladder right now because jesus loving christ.

Moongrave fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 15, 2015

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The camerawork on starladder is absolutely godawful

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

F-F-Funnik Clinkz? Brings back memories of that Empire squad that was one of my favorite teams...

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
It's sad to me to hear these casters geting all hyped up over omnislash kills because it's one of the most depressing things in dota right now.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

This Juggernaut meta seems to suit XBOCT...

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

There was also some talk about running an all-Swedish team playing for a Swede organization, which spiraled into ethnicity chat (his father has Albanian roots, if you wondered.)

What the everloving gently caress??! :psyduck:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joda posted:

Europeans are super racist

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Joda posted:

If you're not aware, Nordic countries are insanely loving racist, mostly due to the fact that they're some of the most racially homogeneous regions in the western world. Talking to a swede about other races in any capacity is a gigantic mindfuck, the extent of their racism is really shocking, mostly because of how unashamed of it they are.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Big Gods just qualified for DAC LAN. :toot: Arteezy and EE have it all wrong, teams are for chumps. Just grab your friends and go compete.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
could they really not scrape together at least one computer that can run this game on high settings? and whats this gay rear end colour blind poo poo

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
I love that troll is first ban material now. What a world we live in.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Taffer posted:

If you're not aware, Nordic countries are insanely loving racist, mostly due to the fact that they're some of the most racially homogeneous regions in the western world. Talking to a swede about other races in any capacity is a gigantic mindfuck, the extent of their racism is really shocking, mostly because of how unashamed of it they are.

This is about as accurate as the recent fox news report on muslims and sharia law in major english cities lmao

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

This is about as accurate as the recent fox news report on muslims and sharia law in major english cities lmao

It's a Taffer post, what were you expecting really.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I haven't been following games for a bit now, what's up with Starladder and this Chinese tourney? Any cool games so far? Especially from all the reworked squads and such.

GenSpecific posted:

This fills me with dread. I like Troll. Don't do this to me Dota.
How many patches in a row did he get buffed? Ever since...Summer 2013 I think, after the big Whirling Axes nerfs?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

HGH posted:

I haven't been following games for a bit now, what's up with Starladder and this Chinese tourney? Any cool games so far? Especially from all the reworked squads and such.

VP.Polar are your one true god now. All hail Illidan.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
QO you are too drat good for this team.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
gently caress that MVP.P has been consistently getting better. EZ TI5 millionaires.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheRat posted:

VP.Polar are your one true god now. All hail Illidan.

Yeah I came into the last MVP match to see them horribly, horribly losing. It was really sad.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

GenSpecific posted:

He was first ban material after TI3 also, he was crazy good then. It's really weird seeing the meta shift over the years.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Spudd posted:

He was first ban material after TI3 also, he was crazy good then. It's really weird seeing the meta shift over the years.

To be fair, he got a bug fix regarding his attackspeed, and they raised the max attackspeed by 100.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Cmon go Divine QO and make me a believer.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
You just can't stop the Space Cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Illidan just seems so dominant. Does he just shine above his teammates more than most carry players or is he actually among the best (if not the best) pro carry players?

• Locked thread