Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

##Support the Bearded Grognard

Please deploy your armies as far away as possible from the Chinese border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
##Support the Industrious Philanthropist

We have the opportunity to do what it is we should be doing, spreading democracy in the darkest corners of Europe. Imperialist or irredentist matters should mean nothing in this new century of liberty!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
##Support the Coffeehouse Intellectual

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
##Support the Prudent Diplomat

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
I do agree with the coffeehouse intellectual but I feel we should try to have the Italian minors join us without bloodshed if at all possible.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
#Support the Bearded Grognard and the Coffeehouse Intellectual, as far as infamy permits. It all belongs to Rome, there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't own EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER HAD!

Maybe if Bearded Grognards and Coffeehouse Intellectuals combined massively outnumber the other options, but are of similar numbers they could coalition together and gain some sort of Byzantine Restoration/Destiny?!

We should:

0) Annihilate the Bulgarians
1) Sphere Lombardy, Piedmont and Pisa and FORCE them to join diplomatically!
2) CRUSH Ferrara!
3) Conquer everything from Cilicia to the Holy Land!!

Anything Byzantium has ever held can and should be claimed by Byzantium! Nothing less will do if Byzantium is to lead the world for another millennium!

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 15, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'll be putting together the next State of the World tomorrow (although I might not get it posted until a bit later)-- is there anything in particular people want to make sure gets covered? Ledger pages you'd like to see? Minor countries you'd like the skinny on? Specific provinces you'd like to get demographics for?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Literally everything.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Great Zimbabwe please.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

How's Transoxiana doing?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
# Support the Prudent Diplomat. There's a time for war and a time for peace, and we've just finished a war. Conserving our strength so we can successfully fight reactionaries
is more important than territorial expansion, IMO.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Filiz I Qutuzid

The fact that the former - or perhaps even current - members of the Unitas supports the Grognard should say what I think about his Imperialist stances. Nay, the days of the past are over. The Holy Land and Cilicia are parts of Da Qin, parts to be annexed should they try to rise up against us but for the moment parts of them nonetheless. Italy and France, both prosperous regions to be claimed by our mantle should the time arise. Besides, we need to bite the Italian Nationalists in the bud before they rise up, and what better way than to reclaim them?

##Support the Coffeehouse Intellectual and bring back the Italian Byzantines!

That said, I'm very intrigued about how our capital is doing at the moment. How are the majorities and minorities of Constantinople faring?

Luhood fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 23, 2015

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pretty borders!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pretty sure this empire is already cracking at the seams as far as things like War Exhaustion are concerned, and our infamy is wacked out as well. Best rest up.

...not to mention it gives us the most freedom when Great Wars really get going!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Now is the time to look inwards.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Infamy be damned! We single-handedly whipped France and China and we can do it again!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

As much as the Bearded Grognard's proposal appeals I think giving the army a well earned break from trashing the armies of other great powers and making our focus consolidating our growth at home is in order for now.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

##Support the Coffee-house Intellectual

I just don't understand why Ferrara still exists.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Indeed, Rome is the one and only true defender of Imperial Liberalism, the only cause worthy of accruing infamy.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 15, 2015

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Archaeology Hat posted:

As much as the Bearded Grognard's proposal appeals I think giving the army a well earned break from trashing the armies of other great powers and making our focus consolidating our growth at home is in order for now.

This, we need to keep improving our defenses and only strike out if we have to.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

TheMcD posted:

Pretty sure this empire is already cracking at the seams as far as things like War Exhaustion are concerned, and our infamy is wacked out as well. Best rest up.

Minmaxing is dull. Failiure is interesting.

##Support the Coffee-house Intellectual

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Let's put the boot on.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

We cannot support another war.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not necessarily through strength of arms, but we must make Italian unification of spirit a priority. What use is our superpower status if we cannot control a single peninsula?

Sofia is next of course, but if we must wait we must wait :colbert:

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Ferrara will be as much of a speed bump as a doormat, and I'm not jinxing it.
Pisa probably won't see anyone interfere either.
Lombardy and Piedmont are far more likely to get France involved, and that's as good an opportunity as any to smash France again and grab Sardinia.

This nubbins about war exhaustion and dead soldiers is a bunch of tosh. Byzantium is a large nation with plenty of expendable manpower for a proper war every five years. If it really is that bad just have the vassals and allies pull the heavy load.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 15, 2015

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

#Support everyone EXCEPT the Diplomat

Ra ra burn the earth maximum hitler, etc...

Tiresias2
May 31, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

#I'm with this guy.

Rahmbo
Mar 19, 2008

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners.

-Vladimir Lenin
##Support the coffee-house intellectual

At some point in the future, Byzantium will be weak, and we must remember from history what the minor states of Italy did to our territory the last time we were weak- Ferrara still holds territory it seized in the Deluge, and all the Italian minors would jump at the opportunity to once again subjugate our citizens to feed their petty nationalistic follies. Their people will thank us for uniting Italy under our banner, their petty rulers do not matter.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Üzüntü family has never shied away from war when it is necessary, but there are times when peace is necessary, too. Let's bide our time, capitalize on our victories, recover our losses, and then the world will be ours for the taking.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

this. im an accelerationist!!!

• Locked thread