Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah he looks good in season 6 and also as a chubster in season 7, the weight loss did a number on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Also, last season I wasn't too sure but Rob's weight gain/loss ordeal made him age considerably.

He looked normal to me, but I guess I wasn't looking at him too closely.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This was a very funny episode, not really "good", but I like the weird episodes.

They used that Talkin Baseball song for the end credits of a Simpsons episode 23 years ago that also featured Wade Boggs. I think the Simpsons version was specially recorded to have lyrics that reflected the episode.

quote:

Wade Boggs is a former baseball player. He was hired at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant as a janitor, but it was actually intended for him to play for the plant's softball team. He couldn't play in the last game because he got in an argument with Barney at Moe's Tavernover who is the greatest English Prime Minister. Boggs argued for Pitt the Elder while Barney argued for Lord Palmerston. In the end, Barney knocked Boggs out.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

FogHelmut posted:

This was a very funny episode, not really "good", but I like the weird episodes.

They used that Talkin Baseball song for the end credits of a Simpsons episode 23 years ago that also featured Wade Boggs. I think the Simpsons version was specially recorded to have lyrics that reflected the episode.

Yeah, I don't think the "Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw" line was in the original song.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I was kinda disappointed that the ending wasn't Dee winning and then popping a greenie after they get off the plane and Mac gets super pissed and "bans" her. And then retires.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

frank had a chance with that flight attendant, just forgot his roots - the wad of hundreds and the monster condom for his magnum dong

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ahh. Wade Boggs. Goes down smooth.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That was pretty drat funny. Loved Dennis' analysis of the lady.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Mac losing the chugging contest is a callback to "Charlie gets crippled", Mac is a super slow drinker and always loses the chugging contests.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I also loved loved the dig about Selig Mac sweeping Dee's greenie use under the rug.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

When do they put episodes up on Google Play?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah, it was "Talkin' Softball" instead. I'd seen that episode before I heard the original song so I always mentally swap in the words from the Simpsons episode.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
What do now?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That was pretty drat funny. Loved Dennis' analysis of the lady.

I also loved that he was totally wrong.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

raditts posted:

Yeah, it was "Talkin' Softball" instead. I'd seen that episode before I heard the original song so I always mentally swap in the words from the Simpsons episode.

I literally did not realize it was an actual song that the Simpson's changed the lyrics to until last night.

On the one hand I feel like the kind of obnoxious person who reverses which artist covered another artist's song (like the David Bowie story about kids thinking he covered Nirvana when he would play "Man Who Sold the World"). On the other hand, that ignorance kind of makes me feel young again.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
mantis toboggan

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
The actual episode, including credits, was under 20 minutes. They've been hovering close to that number for a while. We're going to be 50:50 in a few years.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

After that episode, I am so glad they're signed on for two more seasons.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I don't know if it's been said, but

this was a thing

and for some reason I've heard it talked about recently on sports radio when I'm driving in the morning.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

goldblums eyes posted:

I don't know if it's been said, but

this was a thing

and for some reason I've heard it talked about recently on sports radio when I'm driving in the morning.

Somewhere, Andre the Giant is laughing.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
HO HO HO HO

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

I literally did not realize it was an actual song that the Simpson's changed the lyrics to until last night.

On the one hand I feel like the kind of obnoxious person who reverses which artist covered another artist's song (like the David Bowie story about kids thinking he covered Nirvana when he would play "Man Who Sold the World"). On the other hand, that ignorance kind of makes me feel young again.

Wasn't really a cover, the Simpsons had the original guy sing it with the new lyrics.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

In my younger years and on a crazy day (about 10 hours of drinking) I bet I could drink over 30 lovely macro beers. I'm positive I did this once or twice. Those usually were not good days (at least for the last few hours). I'm not saying that this makes me a superstar or anything but I imagine a seasoned drinker could drink about 30-40 beers in 7-8 hours. You'd have to be drinking really fast and you would look insane though.

RIP Andre the Giant

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 16, 2015

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

In my younger years and on a crazy day (about 10 hours of drinking) I bet I could drink over 30 lovely macro beers. I'm positive I did this once or twice. Those usually were not good days (at least for the last few hours). I'm not saying that this mayes me a superstar or anything but I imagine a seasoned drinker could drink about 30-40 beers in 7-8 hours. You'd have to be drinking really fast and you would look insane though.

RIP Andre the Giant

According to this site: http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/

30 beers in 8 hours for a 160 pound male results in a BAC of 0.626%. The LD50 for ethanol is variously reported as 0.40% to 0.50%

Of course it is not impossible but it's not likely most people would remain conscious through that.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

DNova posted:

30 beers in 8 hours for a 160 pound male results in a BAC of 0.626%. The LD50 for ethanol is variously reported as 0.40% to 0.50%

Of course it is not impossible but it's not likely most people would remain conscious through that.

0.398 if you put in light beer, which is what they were drinking.

Still high but Dee was unconscious, Charlie couldn't even speak anymore, and we know the gang are all extreme alcoholics so it's not really extreme for them.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

DNova posted:

It just depends on your tolerance. In my darkest times I drank a fifth of 40% vodka and 8 budweisers over 12 hours without blacking out. I'm 180lb and was drinking a lot every day.

E: obviously not to brag, because when you're at that point it's pretty uncool, but that amount of alcohol is definitely possible to consume in 10 hours. What I don't understand is how you wouldn't get full to the point of bursting though.
E2: I'm an idiot and screwed up my percent

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 16, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

goldblums eyes posted:

It just depends on your tolerance. In my darkest times I drank a fifth of 80% vodka and 8 budweisers over 12 hours without blacking out. I'm 180lb and was drinking a lot every day.

E: obviously not to brag, because when you're at that point it's pretty uncool, but that amount of alcohol is definitely possible to consume in 10 hours. What I don't understand is how you wouldn't get full to the point of bursting though.

Yeah, I'm less impressed by being able to consume that much alcohol and more impressed by being able to consume that much liquid.

Maybe impressed isn't the right word...

e: by the way, I'm assuming that was the real Wade Boggs and the real Boss Hogg, c/d? ee: imdb confirms, the real Wade Boggs, not the real Boss Hogg. I mean I knew it wasn't obviously the same one from the original Dukes of Hazzard but I thought maybe he was the guy who played him in the movie version that came out in the 00's.

timp fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 16, 2015

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'd love to be next to the plane door as it opens after landing to smell the blast of Stale Beer Burp Air.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I remember this being a thing:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...aba3c9eee138012

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't pull a dream ending on Charlie hitting the good ball. The whole time they were building up to him hitting a great shot I was thinking it was such a cliche of the show to do a shot where he hits it well then cuts to him doing something entirely different blind drunk, but they pulled a nice misdirect on the expectations there.

Just goes to show that once again Charlie is the most competent member of the group.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I also enjoyed that while everyone was acting like idiots, Charlie just treated it as another day of day drinking.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I also legitimately liked when Wade Boggs showed up and taught Charlie that hanging out and having a good time is not everything; it feels good to win. It's nice to see Charlie, or any member of the gang really, try at something and succeed, even if the challenge itself is a bit dubious.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

FogHelmut posted:

Oh my god, I knew I recognized that song but I had no recollection of where I first heard it. Thanks :D

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Senor Tron posted:

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't pull a dream ending on Charlie hitting the good ball. The whole time they were building up to him hitting a great shot I was thinking it was such a cliche of the show to do a shot where he hits it well then cuts to him doing something entirely different blind drunk, but they pulled a nice misdirect on the expectations there.

Just goes to show that once again Charlie is the most competent member of the group.

And Mac being too lazy to go get the ball for another try was also perfect.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Well duh, he's batting 1000 dude!

Drunk Frank is the best Frank, I was mesmerized by how much he spit on that poor flight attendant. Dennis' "nothing with my lips, I don't do that with you" was also fantastic.

bij fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 17, 2015

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Potential BFF posted:

Drunk Frank is the best Frank,

Just the way he sort of... melted after that last beer. "oh ugh its so cold ughhh ohh... oh just leave me oh god ughhh hhhhh"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do like how while Charlie is the lowest on the group totem pole, outside of the group he's a lot more competent.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I finally got around to watching the new ep, and started it right before my leftovers were done heating up. I'm some sort of jabroni because I paused it right after Charlie said 'may he rest in peace'.

I texted my dad asking 'Wait, Wade Boggs is dead?' Of course as soon as I sat back down, Mac explained that he was still alive. While I liked the Wade Boggs/Boss Hogg visions, and overall it was funny, the episode just seemed a little jumbled and abrupt overall. Anybody else get that feeling? But I'll say, for an episode in their tenth season, it wasn't that bad. I agree with some other posters Charlie woulda been fine without the subtitles, though.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

PittTheElder posted:

And Mac being too lazy to go get the ball for another try was also perfect.

According to your wiki page:

quote:

There's some debate whether he or Lord Palmerston is actually England's greatest Prime Minister. This has led to heated debates in many Springfield bars.

Honest question. Could you take Lord Palmerston in a drinking contest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

I finally got around to watching the new ep, and started it right before my leftovers were done heating up. I'm some sort of jabroni because I paused it right after Charlie said 'may he rest in peace'.

I texted my dad asking 'Wait, Wade Boggs is dead?' Of course as soon as I sat back down, Mac explained that he was still alive. While I liked the Wade Boggs/Boss Hogg visions, and overall it was funny, the episode just seemed a little jumbled and abrupt overall. Anybody else get that feeling? But I'll say, for an episode in their tenth season, it wasn't that bad. I agree with some other posters Charlie woulda been fine without the subtitles, though.

Yes I know exactly what you mean about the episode, but I still think it was good, and I'm ok with them taking some risks like that. Someone already pointed out how short the episodes are getting though, and that is really irritating to me. They have to really rush through things, like at the beginning as they are boarding the plane and they do that terrible dialog explaining the episode to each other.