Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
ps4 is a fun console to have if you don't have a decent pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
shadowrun: hong kong

apparently they still had the money to make the game anyway and they're p. much just running the dicksharter as a preorder thing that's all stretch goals lol

the first of which is a good one because the lack of party inventory management in the previous games was the worst

quote:

Enhanced Player Controls! These include the ability to decide which team member picks up an item in free-move mode, item swapping between party members, a player-initiated turn-mode toggle so you can position your team before you enter combat, and a spread-range indicator for shotguns and sweeping melee attacks.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also here's a thing i made in the editor when the first one came out that has now become more relevant

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

jony ive aces posted:

also here's a thing i made in the editor when the first one came out that has now become more relevant

I've got a pork bun in my hand iykwim :bigtran:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

just turn shadow run 100% into xcom combat and make hacking more fun.

either that or turn into fallout Nv I dunno

something about the shadowrun returns sucked and I can't figure out what it is

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I think it was the characters progression that gave me choice paralysis as well as most of the skill development being worthless

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Stymie posted:

don't blame nintendo, blame the eu

ewaste standards are stupid and nintendo has already pulled out of the brazilian market due to government stupidity

your wrong

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

bump_fn posted:

this look v cool but is there any information about what the combat/gameplay is like cause the small amount of xenoblade 1 i played had crappy offline mmorpg style combat iirc

The combat will be roughly the same as in Xenoblade, so you should not play it, as apparently you think MMO combat is bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jonad posted:

I've got a pork bun in my hand iykwim :bigtran:

loving LMAO. Well done, well loving done. The pork bun is a sex thing, right?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
PS4 is pretty needs suiting but i have 0 desire to play/care about mario/zelda/etc games anymore and one of my friends owns one with smash so i don't need a wiiu

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

jony ive aces posted:

shadowrun: hong kong

apparently they still had the money to make the game anyway and they're p. much just running the dicksharter as a preorder thing that's all stretch goals lol

the first of which is a good one because the lack of party inventory management in the previous games was the worst

The first one was ok, the Berlin/Dragon one was pretty good and supposedly got better after they updated the NPC levelling. I'm looking forward to this game and might just back a kickstarter for the first time since 15 bucks is less than it's going to cost on steam I would think.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

loving LMAO. Well done, well loving done. The pork bun is a sex thing, right?

i'm disappointed, you only seem to have a vague idea of what i mean

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i still haven't played through the director's cut properly yet so idk what they've changed but npc item management was hecka annoying in dead man's switch and the dragonfall dlc (though i played both of those p. much immediately after release so maybe some of the poo poo got patched). the fact your characters can only hold a small number of items is good, :xcom:, but other things specific to the implementation were dumb.
  • when you walk up and use the stash in either game's hq it's usually supposed to be when the player character is on their own, and yet the stash interface is built to work with other characters. so in dead man's switch after rescuing coyote i still had paco following me around in the hq and i was like "oh hey i have stash access again, better plan ahead and restock my party for the next mission" so i gave paco something from my stash and then the next thing that happens is without any warning he leaves the party and you never see him again and i never got to ask the fucker for my item back. then in dragonfall i had that dog following me around the hq and even though there was no reason for me to make the same mistake the game would have still been happy to let me do it anyway (later on you actually can use the dog in missions but i think the game considers hq dog and mission dog separate entities so you still wouldn't get to use the items. idk tho)

• after choosing your party for a mission you get to check over everyone's equipment but idk if it ever worked correctly for npcs. each npc comes with their own gear, which is nice and all, but it lets you give them additional items as well. so one time i added some consumable item to someone but ended up not needing to use it in that mission, but then i'm pretty sure (??) i never got my item back afterwards. maybe they took it as additional payment but i never saw that in the runners contract. also because i noticed it doing that i never tried giving anyone better weapons/spells but lol if it happens to that more expensive stuff the same as it does for consumables because you'd have to shell out to re-buy them between each mission

• during a mission when you find items it's always the character who picks up the item who has it added to their inventory, which kind of makes sense - i've finally been playing wasteland 2 recently and it's pretty similar; they can't magically teleport items between each other, so a character can only give an item to another character if they're standing reasonably close to each other. but unlike wasteland 2, in shadowrun returns you can't transfer items between characters at all, and outside of battle scenes you can't directly control the npcs. so i had situations where my pc's inventory was full but glory had already used one of her medkits, and we found a medkit in a crate or something, but because nobody was shooting at us at the time i couldn't actually tell glory to pick it up so had to just have the medkit magically teleport back to my stash and sit around being useless instead (it worked out though because i managed fine without an extra medkit on that mission, so still had it in my stash instead of glory stealing it as above lol)

so yeah the shadowrun games own bones but that item crap was dumb as heck much like this post which is an awful lot of words about a videogame that hopefully nobody ever reads

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

jony ive aces posted:

i still haven't played through the director's cut properly yet so idk what they've changed but npc item management was hecka annoying in dead man's switch and the dragonfall dlc (though i played both of those p. much immediately after release so maybe some of the poo poo got patched). the fact your characters can only hold a small number of items is good, :xcom:, but other things specific to the implementation were dumb.
  • when you walk up and use the stash in either game's hq it's usually supposed to be when the player character is on their own, and yet the stash interface is built to work with other characters. so in dead man's switch after rescuing coyote i still had paco following me around in the hq and i was like "oh hey i have stash access again, better plan ahead and restock my party for the next mission" so i gave paco something from my stash and then the next thing that happens is without any warning he leaves the party and you never see him again and i never got to ask the fucker for my item back. then in dragonfall i had that dog following me around the hq and even though there was no reason for me to make the same mistake the game would have still been happy to let me do it anyway (later on you actually can use the dog in missions but i think the game considers hq dog and mission dog separate entities so you still wouldn't get to use the items. idk tho)

• after choosing your party for a mission you get to check over everyone's equipment but idk if it ever worked correctly for npcs. each npc comes with their own gear, which is nice and all, but it lets you give them additional items as well. so one time i added some consumable item to someone but ended up not needing to use it in that mission, but then i'm pretty sure (??) i never got my item back afterwards. maybe they took it as additional payment but i never saw that in the runners contract. also because i noticed it doing that i never tried giving anyone better weapons/spells but lol if it happens to that more expensive stuff the same as it does for consumables because you'd have to shell out to re-buy them between each mission

• during a mission when you find items it's always the character who picks up the item who has it added to their inventory, which kind of makes sense - i've finally been playing wasteland 2 recently and it's pretty similar; they can't magically teleport items between each other, so a character can only give an item to another character if they're standing reasonably close to each other. but unlike wasteland 2, in shadowrun returns you can't transfer items between characters at all, and outside of battle scenes you can't directly control the npcs. so i had situations where my pc's inventory was full but glory had already used one of her medkits, and we found a medkit in a crate or something, but because nobody was shooting at us at the time i couldn't actually tell glory to pick it up so had to just have the medkit magically teleport back to my stash and sit around being useless instead (it worked out though because i managed fine without an extra medkit on that mission, so still had it in my stash instead of glory stealing it as above lol)

so yeah the shadowrun games own bones but that item crap was dumb as heck much like this post which is an awful lot of words about a videogame that hopefully nobody ever reads

Yeah the managment of the npcs items and skills were the worst part together with the matrix levels imo.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

bump_fn posted:

this look v cool but is there any information about what the combat/gameplay is like cause the small amount of xenoblade 1 i played had crappy offline mmorpg style combat iirc

the combat in xenoblade was good and cool

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Rexicon1 posted:

just turn shadow run 100% into xcom combat and make hacking more fun.

either that or turn into fallout Nv I dunno

something about the shadowrun returns sucked and I can't figure out what it is

every vaguely tactical game should have xcom combat tbqh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

xcom is the best game i ever played for 5 hours straight and then never got around to playing ever again

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Mill Village posted:

Better get that new videocard before buying the PC version, because the DRM looks at hardware changes. Rockstar hasn't said exactly what hardware changes the DRM will check.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

quote:

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

St Evan Echoes posted:

xcom is the best game i ever played for 5 hours straight and then never got around to playing ever again

play it more it loving owns

also I gave long war another try last night, did three missions (two abductions and a crashed scout) and only lost one soldier. I think im getting the hang of this

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

loooooooooooool

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
it mentions in the new shadowrun ks that they're going to fix all that item management stuff in the new one

it'd be kinda nice if they rolled all that back into Dragonfall/Returns but eh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

that might just be copy-pasted from the eula of an earlier game of theirs, and besides i think max payne 3 and l.a. noire both technically had a limit but it was some crazy-high value where if you hit it, it was completely obvious you were pirating the game to everybody

still, lol at activation limits at all in 20goddamn15, hopefully their hardware fingerprint will ignore video cards (i remember anno 2070 had to be patched to do this, plenty of reviewers and benchmarking websites got locked out of the game because of this)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

every vaguely tactical game should have xcom combat tbqh
i prefer frozen synapse combat to xcom combat

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

ps4 is a fun console to have if you don't have a decent pc

yeah but at that point you might as well kill yourself since a decent PC is about the same cost and getting a PS4 instead means you're too stupid to breath

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

oh look, they revealed another new doa5lr character!

what's this, it's an 18 year-old schoolgirl with the biggest bust out of any of the characters? this is a shocking turn of events i never expected!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kalstrams posted:

i prefer frozen synapse combat to xcom combat

i will also accept frozen synapse combat, that game owns

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

univbee posted:

oh look, they revealed another new doa5lr character!

what's this, it's an 18 year-old schoolgirl with the biggest bust out of any of the characters? this is a shocking turn of events i never expected!

what are people legit mad about it or something

isn't the dead or alive director that one dude who looks like he fell on a cheese grater because of severe scarring from cystic acne

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

etrian mystery dungeon on 4/7

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fabricated posted:

i'm pretty sure no one in the neogaf thread for it is wearing pants

also loving lol this tweet by team ninja is even better

quote:

[Important Notice #1] Due to hardware capacity, we are approaching the limit of the additional downloadable content we can offer for PS3/Xbox 360. There is a possibility that new content will not be availalbe for those platforms in the future. We are currently looking into the limits and will inform you as soon as we have more information. #DOA5LR

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fabricated posted:

isn't the dead or alive director that one dude who looks like he fell on a cheese grater because of severe scarring from cystic acne

was

thought he left

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

i'm pretty sure no one in the neogaf thread for it is wearing pants

also loving lol this tweet by team ninja is even better

512MB of ram can only hold so much boob

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Fabricated posted:

yes, people are pissed

no, that guy is making some other game and looking on furiously as his 'daughters' are defiled

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

it's actually more the sheer number of DLC items because you can buy costumes piecemeal as well as in sets (and there are several overlapping sets) and each of those combinations is a different sku, and the store can only handle so much (likewise, pinball arcade ran out of trophies so you can only earn cheevos with the first 30 tables or so)

the ps3 version of the game has 374 separate dlc items right now

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

guess we'll have to use compression :smugmrgw:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ordered 2 of those major's mask 3dsxls, one for a friend and one to sell i guess. i'll get the regular new 3ds at some point

if you're european, amazon.fr still has them in stock: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00S84TQHS

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

ordered 2 of those major's mask 3dsxls, one for a friend and one to sell i guess. i'll get the regular new 3ds at some point

if you're european, amazon.fr still has them in stock: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00S84TQHS

imo the normal size white one with the snes coloured buttons looks nicer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Syncopated posted:

Yeah the managment of the npcs items and skills were the worst part together with the matrix levels imo.

I thought the maxrix was ok but it would have been far more interesting if it was completely different from the regular combat instead of just the same but with one character and a time limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Syncopated posted:

imo the normal size white one with the snes coloured buttons looks nicer

sell the majoras mask one then get the other one

• Locked thread