Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Syncopated posted:

imo the normal size white one with the snes coloured buttons looks nicer

yea that's why i'm getting that one as soon as there's an actual new 3ds exclusive worth playing. those zelda things shoot up to 300€ as soon as they sell out though so :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Cat Machine posted:

Iwata gave a fairly rational explanation for not including one back when they started doing it - the original 3DS's price point was higher than it really ought to have been because each box came with a charger, a cradle, AR cards, etc. A lot of people never used those things, so they were essentially paying for worthless plastic - or worse - being put off a 3DS purchase by an RRP that was higher than necessary.

When the XL was about to launch, the team decided to keep the price as low as possible by only including essentials (the charger not being considered 'essential' as some people already owned them). America being the exception of course, because you guys are giant babies about everything. If the charger was in the box, it would have changed the RRP accordingly.

I've owned all three iterations of the 3DS so far, but am still using the charger that came in the box of my OG 3DS. If they'd included one with every iteration, I'd have paid £20 or £30 more for useless stuff I don't need.

iwata-sama can do no wrong

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nobody will ever be impressed with the color scheme of your children's toys

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

I'm glad I don't have a drawer full of charging cables that only work with one games console.
iwata-sama is actually doing us a favour.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the msrp of buying a 3dsxl and charging cables separately is of course the same as if they came in the same box, right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Al! posted:

the msrp of buying a 3dsxl and charging cables separately is of course the same as if they came in the same box, right?

i'm pretty sure the explanation is horseshit from the consumer side. hell, north america typically has the cheapest 3dses versus other regions even though they came with chargers

saves nintendo money, sure, but they sure as poo poo aren't passing along the saving

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

it's a greenwashed plot to save a few cents per unit and a bunch of morons actually buy into it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

are there other industries where not only does the press defend every anti-consumer measure but the fans do as well?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bitcoins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

even sports fans get pissed off when their team does something stupid or lovely

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

im here to tell you about going fast and going fast accessories

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

yeah but at that point you might as well kill yourself since a decent PC is about the same cost and getting a PS4 instead means you're too stupid to breath

serious post please price out a good gaming pc for $400 for me tia

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

im here to tell you about going fast and going fast accessories

that's uh

not quite right

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
on one hand not including a charger is a dick move

on the other hand i really don't give a poo poo.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

gba sp didnt include a charger either

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lol if you cant use your tech knowhow to make a charger in the year of our lord 2015

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
nintendo probably knows that all the people lining up for the n3ds are turbonerds that already have 3+ chargers from other DSs.

it's me!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

gba sp didnt include a charger either

are you sure you don't mean "headphone port" bc i swear i don't remember having to buy a charger, and if there's one skill i pride myself on it's remembering stupid nintendo minutia......

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if i lose that, i have nothing.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sp had a charger and no headphone port

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i bought the headphone port adapter.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fabricated posted:

what are people legit mad about it or something

isn't the dead or alive director that one dude who looks like he fell on a cheese grater because of severe scarring from cystic acne

cystic acne is the ugliest loving thing and anyone with it should be put down like the ugly animal they are

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Darp-Xls5C0

games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:siren: majoras mask changes :siren:

-bombers notebook is being updated to be not a useless piece of poo poo, more closely resemble modern quest logs
-more owl statues are being added
-song of double time will let you select any hour of any day to warp to
-boss attack patterns are being changed
-map is being improved
-a new fishing pole is being added with new fish

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

:siren: majoras mask changes :siren:

-bombers notebook is being updated to be not a useless piece of poo poo, more closely resemble modern quest logs
-boss attack patterns are being changed
-map is being improved
-a new fishing pole is being added with new fish

aww yeah

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

really hope the bosses arent even more annoying, esp. since you usually need to kill each one multiple times

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

hosed up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
great fairy sword destroys bosses

(as does the sword you get with the oni mask but you can only get that by literally being ten feet from beating the game)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the song of double time change is good, the owl change is neither good nor bad

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Al! posted:

are there other industries where not only does the press defend every anti-consumer measure but the fans do as well?

operating systems

mobile devices

jitney cabs

higher education

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

the song of double time change is good, the owl change is neither good nor bad

the game ask you some questions upfront, like MGS does

Are you a grown adult with poo poo to do?
> Yes
No

and set the song of double time accordingly

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

at the date posted:

higher education
epic thissery

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i mean i liked killing time waiting for sunset, made the world feel real

but a) i was 12 years old and b) i'm the guy who enjoyed deadly premonition

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can't you just suspend and resume the game by closing and opening the system anyway?

I always liked that you got an exact amount of time per session. figuring out your personal schedule and what secondary tasks you can fit in between fixed events was almost a minigame

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

As a Millennial I posted:

i mean i liked killing time waiting for sunset, made the world feel real

but a) i was 12 years old and b) i'm the guy who enjoyed deadly premonition

i remember one time i decided to see what happens if you let time run out. the process to do that is reset the cycle then play double time five loving times and then wait 12 ingame hours

gently caress that poo poo i have a life

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

weird, yet another Zelda remake where they acknowledge that the central fundamental game mechanic was terrible and unfun and work around it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pseudorandom name posted:

weird, yet another Zelda remake where they acknowledge that the central fundamental game mechanic was terrible and unfun and work around it

the song of double time is not the central fundamental game mechanic hth

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

no, the central lovely game mechanic was the worthless countdown timer whoops you're hosed do it all again mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pseudorandom name posted:

no, the central lovely game mechanic was the worthless countdown timer whoops you're hosed do it all again mechanic

you've never actually played majora's mask, have you?

• Locked thread