Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh gently caress me, you have to 'start' every single mission singularly. I just finished LT-1 'with honors' and you have to go *BACK* into the Personal Missions tab to select the next LT mission.

By the way, excellent coding, WG:

First blank window is for the mission completion, second is for the secondary criteria being fulfilled.

Here's some bullshit: You have to click the right thing on the box that pops up, the blank box, or your mission is not complete. You can't complete it from the mission page afterwards - guess right when it pops up or gently caress off and do it again.

E: Wait no, I mist have clicked the invisible "Improve result" button which allows you to try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Don't see the hellcat in there....

The horse is already dead, why would they continue to beat it?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mesadoram posted:

The horse is already dead, why would they continue to beat it?

Because its ability to out spot and out camo nearly every tier 6 medium and most of the tier 7s is still kind of obnoxious?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Prav posted:

Oh poo poo, they got the Alecto

:rip:

Yeah I need to finish getting into the AT2 before this goes live. Generally speaking it looks like they're nailing all Tier 4 and lower TDs. Looking at the database, there's a huge dropoff in view range between Tier 4 and Tier 5 TDs (Alecto is 390 while AT-2 is 310, SU-85b is 390 while SU-85 is 280, etc). Looks like they're correcting those to be more in line.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

FTR posted:

- Dragon Ridge map completely removed from the client

Good thing they removed the literal best map in the game. Wouldn't want people to have fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Because its ability to out spot and out camo nearly every tier 6 medium and most of the tier 7s is still kind of obnoxious?

If that is the case, then it is probably an error that it did not get hit with the nerf bat.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

It's got the same view range as the Panther and JgPanther VK 30.02 [e: would help if I picked the same tier], and 10-20m more than British/Russian mediums. That doesn't sound out of line. It's a TD, I would hope it camos better than mediums.

saintonan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 15, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
since they're making light tanks the designated spotters now (as if 90% of people in light tanks give a poo poo about spotting but whatever), how about nerfing some of those light tanks' guns

older tanks getting power creeped by newer models of the same type is one thing but this is retarded

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Good thing they removed the literal best map in the game. Wouldn't want people to have fun.

How can people have fun if they aren't able to play esports down 3 lanes on a map?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
My dumb mission was track tank and do damage to it. Secondary objective was destroy a tracked tank. Two enemy tanks left, a waffle and arty. Enemy waffle is looking the other way, I zoom up from behind in my batchat. I have time. I aim in, shoot him in the track, he's tracked, aim for gunshield and HOLY poo poo HUGE TANK as the Patton M46 on my own team charges in front of me to block my shot and shoot and kill the waffle. THANKS ASSHAT. And no, there's no way he didn't know exactly what he did, because there was plenty room for him to round the corner and shoot the waffle without getting in my way. So shot him in the rear end. He caught fire. He didn't have an extinguisher. He started slowly turning his turret towards me - slowly cause his crew was burning - and stopped his tank. To aim better or something. And then the enemy arty blapped him and he exploded. He didn't say anything in chat, but I got this after battle:

He closed convo immediately after that, and put me on ignore :v:

Edit:

Jack_tripper posted:

since they're making light tanks the designated spotters now (as if 90% of people in light tanks give a poo poo about spotting but whatever), how about nerfing some of those light tanks' guns

older tanks getting power creeped by newer models of the same type is one thing but this is retarded

Remember that light tanks get MM one tier up. So putting a tier 8 light's gun and a tier 8 medium's gun next to each other doesn't really work.

Valle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 15, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Valle posted:

Shitlord medium

I had exactly the same thing earlier, except it resulted in my WZ-131 team killing the blue who should have known better T49 because he did it as I was firing, and the Tiger (p) I had on toast survived, killed me with help and went on to win the battle.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jack_tripper posted:

When you compare those stats with the stats of tier 9 medium tanks, they don't look so hot anymore, because holy poo poo are the various L7 good guns.

T8 lights are fine.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Speaking of bad tanks, I really love my KV-5.
It is the perfect tank for pubstomping and for thrashing statpadding IS-6 drivers in. Pubbies are so focused on the frontal weak spot that they don't know how to deal with someone that knows how to hide it.
I have lost track on how many Ace Tankers I have gotten in it, but here is one more (including Top Gun, Steel Wall, Defender in a Tier9 game. Bonus feature is ramming a T30 with tunnel vision).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaAKZ6YnKs4

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

My dumb mission was track tank and do damage to it. Secondary objective was destroy a tracked tank. Two enemy tanks left, a waffle and arty. Enemy waffle is looking the other way, I zoom up from behind in my batchat. I have time. I aim in, shoot him in the track, he's tracked, aim for gunshield and HOLY poo poo HUGE TANK as the Patton M46 on my own team charges in front of me to block my shot and shoot and kill the waffle. THANKS ASSHAT. And no, there's no way he didn't know exactly what he did, because there was plenty room for him to round the corner and shoot the waffle without getting in my way. So shot him in the rear end. He caught fire. He didn't have an extinguisher. He started slowly turning his turret towards me - slowly cause his crew was burning - and stopped his tank. To aim better or something. And then the enemy arty blapped him and he exploded. He didn't say anything in chat, but I got this after battle:

Edit:

Remember that light tanks get MM one tier up. So putting a tier 8 light's gun and a tier 8 medium's gun next to each other doesn't really work.

Always making friends you savage. Shine on!

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Valle posted:

Edit:

welcome to the now until forever so long as those missions are in place. :)

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

WitchFetish posted:

When you compare those stats with the stats of tier 9 medium tanks, they don't look so hot anymore, because holy poo poo are the various L7 good guns.

T8 lights are fine.

:getin:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Trying to play right now is like taking to my stats with a loving hammer. Teams are all-in one side every match, blocking me, driving into my shots, dying without doing 2+ shots of damage, and now I'm also playing like a loving retard because it's my only chance at getting the stupid missions done.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

otoh there's 210k people playing on EU on a Thursday evening. Welcome to the future.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

rossmum posted:

now I'm also playing like a loving retard because it's my only chance at getting the stupid missions done.

yaay posted:

Welcome to the future.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Trying to play right now is like taking to my stats with a loving hammer. Teams are all-in one side every match, blocking me, driving into my shots, dying without doing 2+ shots of damage, and now I'm also playing like a loving retard because it's my only chance at getting the stupid missions done.

I was in my 3601 this morning and TK'd a KV-5 that was pushing me. The pubbies are a special kind of retarded today.

Edit:
v That makes sense. We are not allowed that.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 15, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

the missions would be less retarded if you could pick and choose the order you do them in, but as is I'm seeing waves of people doing the same thing each match. It's really obvious when light tanks are going for the same objective because a lot of the early ones are doable by suicide.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report:

This E25 tried to use speed to run the clock out and result in a draw. Lucky for us I was not about to let him ruin my 4 kill x2 for the day. Fucker.

It drove off the same cliff and tracked itself and I was hot on heels.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Whats going on here?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

XVM apparently breaks the mission result popup. Just update it or click the bottom bar to accept

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Holy poo poo this battle! I had to take a break after the match to breathe. This has to be one of the best carries I have pulled off against all odds. A well deserved Ace Tanker, 15,931 WIN8. I LOVE THE M46 PATTON! Watch that game of cat and mouse against an E-75 at the end.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

Holy poo poo this battle! I had to take a break after the match to breathe. This has to be one of the best carries I have pulled off against all odds. A well deserved Ace Tanker, 15,931 WIN8. I LOVE THE M46 PATTON! Watch that game of cat and mouse against an E-75 at the end.

Stop making me want to buy back the Patton.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

Stop making me want to buy back the Patton.

Why would you ever sell it!? I just realized I was so close to a Radley Walters :(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

Why would you ever sell it!? I just realized I was so close to a Radley Walters :(

I sold it back when the Patton 3 first came out. Never had the credits/energy to get it back.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

These missions are going to make you all frustrated as hell if you actively try to do them. I'm just going to activate them all and let them slowly tick away as I play normally.

I won't see the tanks anytime soon and I may never finish, but god drat this game does not need yet another source of frustration.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

:siren:ATTN:siren:

The broken windows when you finish a mission is caused by XVM. If you go to your favourite modpack of choice and get the latest XVM it'll be fixed. Kinda.

Edit: Holy gently caress, WG are such trolls:

Valle fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 15, 2015

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
"While your team is getting wrecked, do something completely unrelated and useless."

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cromwell rocks. I'll open a can of worms here but whats the Comet like, if it's more of the same i'll be happy.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Chillyrabbit posted:

Using dynamic crosshairs stabilizes your gunsight so if you hit a bump it doesn't rock up and down. Otherwise I find using a lower senstivity makes you more accurate to drag more mouse to move the crosshair for finetuning.

You can also set sensitivity separately for arcade and sniper mode. I turned mine way down for sniper and keep it pretty high for arcade.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

These missions are going to make you all frustrated as hell if you actively try to do them. I'm just going to activate them all and let them slowly tick away as I play normally.
One of my current missions is to set a tank on fire. Yeah, brb, let me just go and do that.

Axetrain posted:

Cromwell rocks. I'll open a can of worms here but whats the Comet like, if it's more of the same i'll be happy.
The Comet was one of my least favorite grinds above tier 4. It's fantastically mediocre in every way except maybe gun depression. But the Cents own so it's definitely worth it. Keep your Cromwell to blow off steam from Comet losses imo.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 15, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Comet isn't as gofast as the Cromwell but is a solid tank in its own right.

Also earlier I solo'd a pair of T-54s at point-blank in my JT. Shameful.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Axetrain posted:

The Comet loses some speed and zestiness, gains a vertstab and a turret with some actual gun depression and a mantlet that'll give you more lucky bounces than you'd think. The gun is the same upgrade as from the Churchill I to the Churchill VII, 3pen and 5dmg per shot. :v:

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

One of my current missions is to set a tank on fire. Yeah, brb, let me just go and do that.

Autoloader or autocannon, aim for fueltanks. My BatChat fixed that poo poo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I won't see the tanks anytime soon and I may never finish, but god drat this game does not need yet another source of frustration.

I thought you have to activate each mission individually. Can you really do them all at once?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Agrajag posted:

I thought you have to activate each mission individually. Can you really do them all at once?

haha of course not.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Valle posted:

Autoloader or autocannon, aim for fueltanks. My BatChat fixed that poo poo.

Or jsut play T5-6 for a while. More than enough russian tanks that have fuel tanks crammed everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Cardiac posted:

Speaking of bad tanks, I really love my KV-5.
It is the perfect tank for pubstomping and for thrashing statpadding IS-6 drivers in. Pubbies are so focused on the frontal weak spot that they don't know how to deal with someone that knows how to hide it.
I have lost track on how many Ace Tankers I have gotten in it, but here is one more (including Top Gun, Steel Wall, Defender in a Tier9 game. Bonus feature is ramming a T30 with tunnel vision).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaAKZ6YnKs4

I enjoy KV-5 as much (but suck a lot more than you). Did they nerf ram damage considerably ages ago? I'm always unimpressed that 100t of steel does little damage even to mediums.