Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

I still haven't opened mine :( change his avatar for him!
Just crop it to Trashtalk's face and everything will be better.

Also lol at browsing with anything on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Just crop it to Trashtalk's face and everything will be better.

Also lol at browsing with anything on.

Yeah like a shirt

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

My PE Deathstalker and Warden booster set arrived today. I'll sort his legs out at the weekend but have some squishy Scorponok VS Lego warrior action in the meantime.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Goldskull posted:

My PE Deathstalker and Warden booster set arrived today. I'll sort his legs out at the weekend but have some squishy Scorponok VS Lego warrior action in the meantime.

Isn't that guy rad as hell! I didn't think it would transform bein so tiny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Odd question: Did Armada Megatron every get a retool into Scorponok?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

No? It's a tank!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

No? It's a tank!

Like that would stop Hasbro. Or Funpub.

The head shape of that little guy just got me thinking.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

strangehamster posted:

No? It's a tank!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV101_Scorpion

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

Rhyno posted:

Sort of? OTFCC 2004 had a black redeco of him named "Megazarak" (Scorponok's Japanese name), but other than the name they don't seem to have much in common.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
BBTS seems to have preorders up for wave 2 deluxe and legends Combiner Wars. No Motormaster yet.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS seems to have preorders up for wave 2 deluxe and legends Combiner Wars. No Motormaster yet.

Optimus will have to fill in during the interim.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Odd that Wave 2 just has one Voyager isn't it?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Sorta, he was repainted as Mega Zarak in Universe.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Don't worry, the case assortment will have one Motormaster, two Optimuses, and one Silverbolt!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Don't worry, the case assortment will have one Motormaster, two Optimuses, and one Silverbolt!

Oh goody!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Actually no, Thrilling 30 had one voyager for their second wave as well.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 15, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually no, Thrilling 30 had one voyager for their second wave as well.

Really? I guess I didn't notice since I was being so selective of what I bought at the time.

Good thing I got over that nonsense.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Really? I guess I didn't notice since I was being so selective of what I bought at the time.

Good thing I got over that nonsense.

Buy them all, and let Thew sort them out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm sure copyright is a big issue when Hasbro has been suing all of the 3P companies into the ground, slaughtering them to the last man with legal attacks. Fansproject desperately defending itself with the three-fold maneuver of goofy names, goofy back stories and steelcore's awesome trailer THE AQNA FORCE is the only thing holding Hasbro back!

Don't call me a Soccer mom and pull this. They're doing those to ward off Hasbro's legal gauntlet, preemptively. Had they literally just said, "hey, here's Sixshot," they would have a letter.

strangehamster posted:

Buy them all, and let Thew sort them out.

Yes, Rhyno, let Thew guide you, accept his wisdom into your life.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
So I've been out of the loop for a few months. Did the combiner stuff drop yet? I really want to grab a lot of that stuff. I haven't really been looking out recently. Are Arcee and Brainstorm out yet?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

Don't call me a Soccer mom and pull this. They're doing those to ward off Hasbro's legal gauntlet, preemptively. Had they literally just said, "hey, here's Sixshot," they would have a letter.
Whoa whoa whoa I said I thought from the tone of your earlier posts, not that I actually thought you were! There's a difference. I was more making a point that there was a tonal shift over time and using the term as a point of reference.

Also seriously, citation needed here. When has crafting two paragraphs of weird AQNA FORCE text ever been construed as a rigorous legal defense?

Honest Ray posted:

So I've been out of the loop for a few months. Did the combiner stuff drop yet? I really want to grab a lot of that stuff. I haven't really been looking out recently. Are Arcee and Brainstorm out yet?
You can get the Combiner stuff from the major etailers and in some stores in the US or elsewhere.

Arcee and Brainstorm are 'out' but have not (and probably won't) reach saturation. Combiner Wars has new packaging and is a new line, so the older Generations line isn't being stocked. As usual might show up in the discount slash close out stores.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Honest Ray posted:

I'd recommend picking up Arcee (with Chromia since that's the only way they're still selling her) from BBTS while they still have her if you want to guarantee yourself an Arcee. Between being in the final wave of the line and being scalped to all hell she's going to be rare.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23637&mode=retail

Brainstorm's still on HTS.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?SWD=brainstorm&CDT=1421301407

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

Also seriously, citation needed here. When has crafting two paragraphs of weird AQNA FORCE text ever been construed as a rigorous legal defense?
You can get the Combiner stuff from the major etailers and in some stores in the US or elsewhere.

I thought you were saying that I thought Hasbro was going after companies, I just meant that the reason they have weird rear end names, is to not infringe on hasbro's copyright so they won't eat a Cease and Desist letter.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
AQNA is an acronym for "A Question Not Answered" which I guess is an injoke for Hasbro's stance on third parties.

It's also the name of quite a few people on the No Fly list, so watch your search histories.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Knormal posted:

I'd recommend picking up Arcee (with Chromia since that's the only way they're still selling her) from BBTS while they still have her if you want to guarantee yourself an Arcee. Between being in the final wave of the line and being scalped to all hell she's going to be rare.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23637&mode=retail

Brainstorm's still on HTS.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?SWD=brainstorm&CDT=1421301407

Thanks a ton. Also grabbed the MP Bumblebee and Wheeljack while I was there. Are there any free shipping things going on with HTS currently?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Honest Ray posted:

Thanks a ton. Also grabbed the MP Bumblebee and Wheeljack while I was there. Are there any free shipping things going on with HTS currently?

FYI Wheeljack has been knocked off. Caveat emptor, of course

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

catch22 posted:

FYI Wheeljack has been knocked off. Caveat emptor, of course

They're not up on ebay yet :(

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

They're not up on ebay yet :(

http://www.tf-direct.com/store/ko-mp-20-masterpiece-wheeljack-preorder

It's a pre-order, but they'll prob pop up on eBay about the same time they come in stock there

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So, remember how Windblade was created through an official fan poll?

It's time for another one: This time a fan created combiner team!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/new-fan-built-combiner-poll-announced-by-hasbro-181859/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Finally, the five-bumblebee combiner team I've dreamed of.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
To participate in the vote, please put this poo poo on your phone instead of visiting a website like a regular person.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Finally, the five-bumblebee combiner team I've dreamed of.

It's people like you that are ruining the world. :negative:

Also a fan created bot, if it has the same timeframe as windblade it could be well into 2016 before it's released. Because they started Windblade back when FOC was a thing.

Which means more combiners for years to come.

Also Defensor is real
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...nfirmed-181861/
Looks like Wave 3 is going to be interesting. First Aid is a combat vehicle which isn't something seen since the PCC Protectobots. Also Rook is an armored truck so unless Blades and Streetwise are not happening there will be no motorcycle limb. However Motorcycle could still wind up being a legends figure.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 15, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Phy posted:

To participate in the vote, please put this poo poo on your phone instead of visiting a website like a regular person.

Some of us don't have Smartphone as well...

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Defensor is real

Neato. I have G1 Blades kicking around and would love a modern take. I also have a Motormaster and a busted up Silverbolt plus some other randoms for that matter. So with all these new versions my inner 5 year old is super excited to finally have full iterations of the combiner teams with current engineering.

On another note, I mostly lurk, but if folks are interested I can post pics of some robots I'm clearing out for a potential move, and to make room in the collection, before I before I start putting things up on eBay.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Blaargh posted:

On another note, I mostly lurk, but if folks are interested I can post pics of some robots I'm clearing out for a potential move, and to make room in the collection, before I before I start putting things up on eBay.
You should do this, yes.

I am really hoping there is some weird rear end not-combiner to use as a torso so I can make this mishmash abomination combiner. So far Rook + Alpha Bravo + Offroad! And Black Jack jammed in somewhere randomly.

It will be hideous.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
As goofy as the all bumblebee combiner idea is I could totally see the comic running a guy who combines with himself from different times. It'd be like Dr. Who Voltron.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

More Takaratron

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Blaargh posted:

What series?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

More Takaratron

Not to get all Takara > Hasbro but what a difference it makes when the photographer actually gives two shits about making the figure look good. That and when they aren't run over a filter that makes them look gummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
You leave the Estelle Getty(?) avatar alone. It honors the amazing GBS Floating Grandma Head Incident.