Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CODES ARE GONE

I don't know why Nintendo sent me demo codes for Monster Hunter 4 but they did. I have four codes since I will never play the game. I was told giant anime nerds would pay money and looking at SA Mart it appears they will. I got this poo poo for free though so send me a PM and I will divvy these things up.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Funkmaster General posted:

The target camera moves the camera angle up and down now as well as right and left. This makes me very frustrated. Otherwise the game feels great, but ugh.

I think you can change this by setting the terrain-savvy camera option to manual, but I'm not sure if that's what does it.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I don't know why Nintendo sent me demo codes for Monster Hunter 4 but they did. I have four codes since I will never play the game. I was told giant anime nerds would pay money and looking at SA Mart it appears they will. I got this poo poo for free though so send me a PM and I will divvy these things up.

sent

EDIT: Thanks!

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 16, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I was told giant anime nerds would pay money and looking at SA Mart it appears they will.
i see one rear end in a top hat trying to sell them for 5bux and no bites

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There's like a billion of these being thrown out everywhere.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

BEARS IN THE BARN posted:

There's like a billion of these being thrown out everywhere.

Guess that explains the half dozen private messages I got as soon as I posted that I had codes.

renojiin
Oct 26, 2005
College Slice

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

CODES ARE GONE

This goon is the best goon. Carry him in any game he pleases, he is a god among men. (Thanks again!)

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

It just kind of occurred to me with popular titles Nintendo might be restricting demo access via codes to bottleneck bandwidth on their servers.

It kind of makes sense when I think about it. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

True pain is having four codes and four good friends who play Monster Hunter. Who do I love least?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

True pain is having four codes and four good friends who play Monster Hunter. Who do I love least?

whoever hit you with pellets last

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004
I would like a code, and I have pm.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Paging Evil Eagle

I'm trying to add you on steam but I can't find you

Add me I'm ancient_serpent on steam

Profile name Ahahahaha

Animal themed names

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I may have jumped the gun, because now I've got codes too. If you want one, write a Haiku about Monster Hunter and I'll PM/email you a code. 5/7/5 syllables.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I added you TPB

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

CODES ARE GONE

It's probably like smash bros, where if your club Nintendo account reached a certain level and you agreed for promo emails they will send you the codes whether you wanted them or not.

Anyway someone can have my spare code

A070NUW92MCYFKEM
North American code.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

sitchelin posted:

I may have jumped the gun, because now I've got codes too. If you want one, write a Haiku about Monster Hunter and I'll PM/email you a code. 5/7/5 syllables.

Hammers are real great,
Golf swing is the best thing,
I need a code yo

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're

sitchelin posted:

hosed Up Sleep Bombing
blew up regular bomb first
Eat my rear end tigrex

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004

sitchelin posted:

pray, monster hunter
exquisite be your gameplay
save me from boredom

GamerMage fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 16, 2015

PoorHobo
Dec 21, 2012

sitchelin posted:

I don't know how to
Write a haiku that well, but
I want to stab things

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I don't want a code but...

Newbs using longswords
Trip trip trip trip trip trip trip
Trip trip trip trip trip

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

sitchelin posted:

EvilEagle saved my life but here's one anyway

Monster Hunter cool

Kill a big rear end monster son

Then make yourself hats

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Man, Gore is one hell of a difficulty spike. Beat him with 8:20 left :smug:

The charge axe is surprisingly complicated. If you have some vials filled, you can use them to charge up your axehead rather than sticking explosions to monsters. Stand with the axe out and press X+A, then in the middle of that animation hit R. If you did it right your vials will empty and your axe head/shield should start glowing. This powers up your axe attacks and increases your blocking power. It also lets you do some sort of super duper explosion attack if your axe is charged AND your vials are full.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Look, a Deviljho!

What is that he is eating?

It's his own drat tail. :v:

Edit: Got a code!

Thoom fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 16, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Thoom posted:

Look, a Deviljho!

What is that he is eating?

It's his own drat tail. :v:

I'm the guy in helios z chugging a mega potion

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So do you have to be Platinum on Club Nintendo to even have a chance to get your code? Because that's somehow even more idiotic than them just doing a staggered invite-only release. It's then a staggered invite-only release you can only get if you've bought a ton of 3DS/WiiU games this year!

You sit around waiting patiently all day, and nothing happens. Cheers, lads. Great way to do a demo.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

ChibiSoma posted:

So do you have to be Platinum on Club Nintendo to even have a chance to get your code? Because that's somehow even more idiotic than them just doing a staggered invite-only release. It's then a staggered invite-only release you can only get if you've bought a ton of 3DS/WiiU games this year!

You sit around waiting patiently all day, and nothing happens. Cheers, lads. Great way to do a demo.

I got a code as gold. I think you just have to be signed up to receive emails.

Edit: I was about to offer you a code when I noticed you were that same dude who had a meltdown at the guy who does Gunnerkrigg Court because the teenage protagonists weren't lesbians. So that's out the window. You kinda need to calm down in general.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 16, 2015

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
If it's like the Smash early demo you had to have been Platinum last year and opt-in to receive emails from them.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

Hammers are real great,
Golf swing is the best thing,
I need a code yo

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

hosed Up Sleep Bombing
blew up regular bomb first
Eat my rear end tigrex

GamerMage posted:

pray, monster hunter
exquisite be your gameplay
save me from boredom

PoorHobo posted:

I don't know how to
Write a haiku that well, but
I want to stab things

Check your PMs!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No platinum or gold last year or this year and I just saw my 4 codes. Cool!

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Thoughts on the demo so far:

I might need to upgrade to the New 3DS. I got some choppy framerates when fighting Jaggia when there were more than 5 of the other little Jaggis around me. Looks great though. The monster animations looks great too. Sadly, it still continues the proud tradition of textures looking like absolute balls.

The new lockon adjusting vertically might be too much for me. Sudden whiparounds do not make for good plays.

Charge axe is fun; it feels like a better SnS with some explosive potential. My only issue is that there is literally no reason to go into axe form other than to either discharge a phial or charge the shield. If i wanted to use the Axe Form's moveset and damage potential, I would use Switch Axe.

The Rinsect feels finicky to me. How does one aim the Insect at parts of the body? I read that the insect will steal different buffs per different body part.

What is the timing on the jump attacks? Is it possible to cancel the attack animation if you hit the ground before the attack goes off?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got out of work late and would be interested in a spare code, if I haven't missed that boat completely. Edit: I have PMs! Stealthed Zombie is good people.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 16, 2015

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Oh man I just found out this demo was out. Anyone giving out any codes?

Axikal
Apr 13, 2014

Supreme Dragoncat

dizaero posted:

Oh man I just found out this demo was out. Anyone giving out any codes?

This. Excited to try out all the new weapons and be better than Dizaero.

I has platinums.

Axikal fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 16, 2015

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't have plat so I'll just drop these NA codes here.

A070U6WX02ND07DT
A070HMP62WNLA6FV
A07032M32U2D96KU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jesus, Gore Magala is nutballs. Can't seem to get the fucker down, though I do get him limping. Stupid shorter than usual time limits! :argh:

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

A070U6WX02ND07DT
A070HMP62WNLA6FV
A07032M32U2D96KU

Tried all 3, but the first one worked. Thanks!

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

scaterry posted:

Charge axe is fun; it feels like a better SnS with some explosive potential. My only issue is that there is literally no reason to go into axe form other than to either discharge a phial or charge the shield. If i wanted to use the Axe Form's moveset and damage potential, I would use Switch Axe.
Can't use the Guard Point if you don't switch into axe form!

Also if someone has a code they want to PM me I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART

Twelve by Pies posted:

A070U6WX02ND07DT
A070HMP62WNLA6FV
A07032M32U2D96KU

drat. Missed it because it wouldn't download. My battery is to low. Tried again, and it was taken.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

dizaero posted:

drat. Missed it because it wouldn't download. My battery is to low. Tried again, and it was taken.

Same, I was in the bathroom :argh: Thanks for the offer anyway Twelve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Ignimbrite posted:

I'm the guy in helios z chugging a mega potion

C'mon dude. Those are clearly demon drugs. The first step to dealing with addiction is admitting that you have a problem.

• Locked thread