Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm pretty psyched that the payday 2/hotline miami crossover is getting more content, but I am curious to see if the Jacket character pack actually comes with being able to play as Jacket. It'd be kinda cool but I feel like my world would be shattered if they had to give him a voice actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It would be pretty cool if they went with non-verbal vocalizations, like Dirk from Dragon's Lair.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
drat, too bad they didn't include Carl's weapon (power drill) as a fun melee weapon.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. The regular Payday 2 crew got different vocalizations towards one of the characters after a patch, being needlessly aggressive and caustic towards the bastard purely he has the same name as another person. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Devs responded.

quote:

"First, to clear up any possible misconceptions, the opening cinematic that was first shown in June of 2013 has not changed in any way. We also want to make clear that players are given an choice at the start of the game as to whether they wish to avoid content that alludes to sexual violence. The sequence in question is presented below in context, both after choosing the uncut version of the game and after choosing to avoid content that alludes to sexual violence.

"Second, in response to the report itself, we are concerned and disappointed that a board of professionals tasked with evaluating and judging games fairly and honestly would stretch the facts to such a degree and issue a report that describes specific thrusting actions that are not simply present in the sequence in question and incorrectly portrays what was presented to them for review.

"Though we have no plans to officially challenge the ruling, we stand by our developers, their creative vision for the storyline, its characters and the game and look forward to delivering Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number to fans very soon."

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Those fuckers really did write their own fan fiction of the scene! Good lord. I'm glad DD is standing behind the game and the devs are also being reasonable enough to give everyone an option. Game's gonna rule.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, it's weird you'd need to make stuff up about a rape scene - in the context of a film-within-a-game or not - when it's a rape scene to begin with. :psyduck:

I'm reminded of that weird thing back when The Dark Knight first came out. The Joker slicing a dude's throat open was pretty violent out of itself, but a critic went into this bizarre description of seeing blood gush out, the neck itself being gouged on screen and so on. It's like...what. Why do that!

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
It has an actual loving trigger warning? That is some absurdly stupid poo poo.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Another response from one of the devs

quote:

Following the Australian Classification Board's recent decision to refuse classification to Hotline Miami 2, effectively barring the game from sale in the country, designer Jonatan Söderström has a piece of advice for people affected by the decision: "Just pirate it!"
Söderström's suggestion came in response to an e-mail from a concerned Hotline Miami fan, who asked if there was a way for him to obtain and pay for the game given the board's decision. "If it ends up being not released in Australia, just pirate it after release," Söderström wrote in reply. "No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game!"

The response was subsequently screencapped, posted to reddit, and confirmed as authentic by representatives of Devolver Digital. "He’s said similar things in the past and yes, I can confirm he wants people to enjoy the game," a Devolver Digital PR rep told Ars. "That was him," Devolver tweeted by way of further confirmation through the fictional Fork Parker CFO account.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Honestly, I'm really loving in favor of keeping the content in and letting you choose if you see it. I feel like that's a pretty solid win for everybody, much like Brutal Legend's violence and profanity filters. Honestly, a violence filter would be fun, too. Not because I feel like the game needs it, but because holy poo poo you guys, Hotline Miami but instead of blood, shooting out rainbows and throwing puppies at bad guys would be the best.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YOURFRIEND posted:

Yeah, victims of sexual violence not wanting to see something that could potentially cause them psychological harm is absurdly stupid.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

agreed. you should be able to murder hundreds of people in a video game without the fear of psychological harm

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Stuntman posted:

Yeah, victims of sexual violence not wanting to see something that could potentially cause them psychological harm is absurdly stupid.

Holy gently caress.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ugh, is it time to go down this hole again?

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Ugh, is it time to go down this hole again?

HOLE?!?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

thanks for triggering me you piece of poo poo. i hope you die

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Organs posted:

I was the one being triggered you get your own trigger.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

YOURFRIEND posted:

Organs posted:

Sorry i'm triggered by garbage posting, i'll unlock the thread when there's something else to talk about.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

"Hotline Miami's Twitter posted:

+1 (786) 519-3708 ext 10

Haven't called it myself but they did something like this for the first game, I think.

also please remember

Anatharon posted:

:mario:Nobody cares how edgy or PC you are about rape:mario:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 4, 2015

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

http://kotaku.com/hotline-miami-2-voicemail-is-weird-as-hell-1683508265
This is apparently what you get from calling it, for everyone too lazy to do so.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

http://kotaku.com/hotline-miami-2-voicemail-is-weird-as-hell-1683508265
This is apparently what you get from calling it, for everyone too lazy to do so.

Well, March isn't too bad a release date!

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/hotline-miami/products/hlm2

It's not too late to get the CE either.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
VICE did an interview with Dennaton as the game's nearing release. It's fairly interesting.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-ultra-violent-hotline-miami-2-is-a-red-rag-to-the-red-tops-024

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Cool, they seem to have a lot of integrity. I wonder how the greater focus on story will play out, though. I hope they won't use too many cut scenes and scripted stuff.

I also hope it doesn't come out at the end of march, when PoE is released. :ohdear:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I also hope it doesn't come out at the end of march, when PoE is released. :ohdear:

I think people on twitter were saying 10th March after ringing that number the developers posted

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Cool, they seem to have a lot of integrity. I wonder how the greater focus on story will play out, though. I hope they won't use too many cut scenes and scripted stuff.

From the looks of it, it's an increase in dialogue in the pre and post mission scenes. In the 9 chapters that've been previewed there's only been a few cutscenes during missions.

Besides, if there's still too many for you, there'll still be tons of mapmaker levels. :allears:

Also, PoE?

VoLaTiLe posted:

I think people on twitter were saying 10th March after ringing that number the developers posted

sorta; The number has "ext. 10" which seems like a hint at that. The march comes from "we M-m-m-March into the future".

Man I'm so hyped for this game. Here's some previews of the kickin' rad soundtrack. just 29 days to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIrPudC0pBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VNp3qFXFpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfJlcrN09w

:allears::allears::allears:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 9, 2015

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Anatharon posted:

From the looks of it, it's an increase in dialogue in the pre and post mission scenes. In the 9 chapters that've been previewed there's only been a few cutscenes during missions.

Besides, if there's still too many for you, there'll still be tons of mapmaker levels. :allears:

Alright, sounds good. I thought it was interesting they were most excited about seeing people react to the story, rather than what sort of maps people will make.

quote:

Also, PoE?

Sorry, Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Hotline Miami's twitter tweeted that there's going to be a digital comic coming out sometime "soon". It will be free.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anatharon posted:

sorta; The number has "ext. 10" which seems like a hint at that. The march comes from "we M-m-m-March into the future".

Also, on the collector's edition the description says:

quote:

Due to extreme demand, any orders placed after 1/21, 1PM PST will be for the second pressing. Your order will not ship until sometime in March, after the game has already been released

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So if Hotline isn't "released" in Australia could those of us stateside still Steam smuggle it to Australians?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Maybe not anymore, they recently started cracking down pretty hard on region gifting. We'll know on launch. :(

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Cactus and Devolver straight up said they'd be fine with Australians just pirating the game.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of releases, do we have any news on the March 10 hint? Steam still says Q1 2015.

VV: Thanks, I suppose that's as good as it gets for now. Less than a month, can't wait.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 13, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Speaking of releases, do we have any news on the March 10 hint? Steam still says Q1 2015.

They haven't straight up stated it yet, but everything they've said indicates that March 10th is it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Anatharon posted:

They haven't straight up stated it yet, but everything they've said indicates that March 10th is it.

That makes it more annoying that they're not just going and saying it, so we can put in preorders on STEAM (or the service that has the vinyl and action figures)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

If I remember right, one of the devs made a patch to make the pirated version of Hotline Miami work the same as the Steam/GoG versions, because he wanted everyone that played his game to be the right version.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Skyscraper posted:

That makes it more annoying that they're not just going and saying it, so we can put in preorders on STEAM (or the service that has the vinyl and action figures)

You can pre-order off of iam8bit already. They're doing a second printing because the first wave of vinyls sold out.

HLM also has a new fan movie and a CS:GO music pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQE8by3nyg

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Music%20Kit%20%7C%20Various%20Artists%2C%20Hotline%20Miami

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 14, 2015

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If I remember right, one of the devs made a patch to make the pirated version of Hotline Miami work the same as the Steam/GoG versions, because he wanted everyone that played his game to be the right version.

:drat:

Now that's dedication!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RadicalR posted:

:drat:

Now that's dedication!

It was a little more pragmatic, actually.

Cactus did troubleshooting/tech support for torrents on pirate bay because he didn't want the game to get a bad reputation from people playing buggy, pirated copies.

But yeah the dude's released like 50 free games and a number of them are pretty cool. The Mondo games are surreal horror, Clean Asia! is a pretty cool space shooter and Norrland is like single player Mario Party after a messy divorce and lots of booze. :v:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Didn't Cactus post on SA for a while, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Didn't Cactus post on SA for a while, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

I don't believe he did, but he has kind of a similar vibe to his stuff as Chef Boyardee, who did/does post.

• Locked thread