Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
According to the BF universe, GN drives = instant win. If I put a GN drive on a ball, would I be able to wreck poo poo up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Ka0 posted:

According to the BF universe, GN drives = instant win. If I put a GN drive on a ball, would I be able to wreck poo poo up?

I assume the only thing that could possibly beat a GN Ball would be something that launches Fire Balls. Though, then you'd have to worry about having a mobile suit strong enough to handle Balls of that magnitude.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ka0 posted:

You mean you can't wreck poo poo up in a Ball already?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

I mean you can wreck poo poo up WITH a Ball, I dunno about AS a Ball...

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Ka0 posted:

I swear there was some kind of quest thing on /tg/ about a GN Drive-using Jesta mixed with the GM Juggler, with each Ball having their own GN Drives. poo poo was ridiculous and awesome.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Gundam Portent reminds me of a GN-X

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Lessail posted:

Gundam Portent reminds me of a GN-X

It's actually based on a Sakibure, a high-tech worker suit descended from the 00 Qan[T], appearing at the end of the Trailblazer movie. :eng101:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Omnicrom posted:

There's the Ball Gundam.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

TFRazorsaw posted:

As the one person who likes AGE, I'm pretty excited that it looks like Sid will be appearing.

The hell is wrong with you.

Also I highly doubt Bandai is going to acknowledge their financial failure.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 16, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really don't think Sugita's is gonna be Sid but we'll see. There's a tremendous amount of weird mobile armors out there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Isn't AGE still off the table?

Anyways I'm expecting it to be some kind of MA with Unicorn style full body psychoframe.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TFRazorsaw posted:

As the one person who likes AGE, I'm pretty excited that it looks like Sid will be appearing.
I'm sorry, I've got to ask.

What did you like about AGE? Sell me on it like I've never heard of it before.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ka0 posted:

While GN drives are indeed cool they don't seem any more instant win than anything else. Presumably both of the new ones from this series will lose on account of being the antagonists, and the Dark Matter also lost in the first.

If anything having a GN drive means you will look really fancy as you lose.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

The mobile suit design? Some of the suits, like AGE-3 were pretty decent.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The only times I can remember seeing a GN drive-based mobile suit in action in BF was the Exia Amazing/Dark Matter (which could barely keep up with the F91 Imagine and lost to the Star Build Strike's RG system) and I think one of Nils's opponents in the tournament was using a Gundam Virtue that got owned by his swords cutting through its GN Field.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Please don't forget the Seven Drive Alvatore that Luang owned.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

Please don't forget the Seven Drive Alvatore that Luang owned.

The who what now? :confused:

(Still need to finish watching 00 here.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why is there still no Abigorbine kit?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ka0 posted:

I think the idea behind the GN Drive being so powerful in BF is because of the parallel between GN Particles and Plavsky Particles. It's a quick way to amp up a suit's power by exploiting the way the system itself works, these suits seem to be animated as being super floaty in setting because it's basically just moving around by spewing particles all over the place. Sei's designs never use a GN Drive, though, and instead work around making the entire frame of the suit into a Plavsky Particle conduit. The first Star Build Strike only ran that way for a limited time before the whole thing started to fly apart, but the Build Burning's default state is with the RG System running full bore.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Why is there still no Abigorbine kit?
Because the only Abigor mold Sunrise has is what, 20 years old or something?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Adding too that, the Abigor doesn't exactly have as much popularity as say, the Crossbones do, so a new kit isn't something one'd expect in the near-term.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gearhead posted:

I think the idea behind the GN Drive being so powerful in BF is because of the parallel between GN Particles and Plavsky Particles. It's a quick way to amp up a suit's power by exploiting the way the system itself works, these suits seem to be animated as being super floaty in setting because it's basically just moving around by spewing particles all over the place. Sei's designs never use a GN Drive, though, and instead work around making the entire frame of the suit into a Plavsky Particle conduit. The first Star Build Strike only ran that way for a limited time before the whole thing started to fly apart, but the Build Burning's default state is with the RG System running full bore.

One of the basic functions of GN particles in their own universe is that they can manipulate the pull of gravity on mass, creating or eliminating weight. The reason GN Drive equipped suits seem so floaty compared to other gundams is that they are literally weightlesss and being pushed around by another application of the particles. :eng101:

I like me some GN particles, not gonna like.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

It's not significantly worse than the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz kits, but it's still pretty bad. Single joint everything and the seams are usually straight down the front.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Caros posted:

One of the basic functions of GN particles in their own universe is that they can manipulate the pull of gravity on mass, creating or eliminating weight. The reason GN Drive equipped suits seem so floaty compared to other gundams is that they are literally weightlesss and being pushed around by another application of the particles. :eng101:

I like me some GN particles, not gonna like.

Well, we do at least know that GN Drives are not a guaranteed ticket into the big leagues, as those guys in GN-X showed us.

Everything's gonna have SOME kind of weakness.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm sorry but I have to decline. I've been down this road before elsewhere and it's never been pleasant for me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The shows gm's were really cool looking at least.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm sorry but I have to decline. I've been down this road before elsewhere and it's never been pleasant for me.

Those people are good people who only want you to get better :ohdear:.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It has become increasingly obvious that the SxDxG's shield is the head of the dragon portrayed in the OP behind it.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm fairly sure the "what the hell is wrong with you" guy was not being serious. This is a discussion forum, having a variety of opinions and discussing them is kind of what makes them interesting.

Not that I don't understand not wanting to be stuck in the role of having to defend Age when the subject comes up, but hey. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who wants a Beargguy avatar? I've managed to clean up the entire routine for the Yellow one, so if there's a particular section you want just ask. I couldn't grab the other colours though, due to text and subtitles being in the way.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 16, 2015

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GimmickMan posted:

I'm fairly sure the "what the hell is wrong with you" guy was not being serious. This is a discussion forum, having a variety of opinions and discussing them is kind of what makes them interesting.

Not that I don't understand not wanting to be stuck in the role of having to defend Age when the subject comes up, but hey. :v:

It's got unpleasant memories for me, if that makes sense.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's got unpleasant memories for me, if that makes sense.

Age does that...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's not what I really mean, but whatever.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's not what I really mean, but whatever.

Just ribbing you. I like parts of destiny, so I am no one to judge.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Caros posted:

Just ribbing you. I like parts of destiny, so I am no one to judge.

There is at least one part of Destiny that there is no shame in liking. It's the part where Shinn kills Kira and the series ends. Also the second OP.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

chumbler posted:

There is at least one part of Destiny that there is no shame in liking. It's the part where Shinn kills Kira and the series ends. Also the second OP.
I like the part where Suzaku dresses up as Zero and kills Lelouch. :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poison Mushroom posted:

I like the part where Suzaku dresses up as Zero and kills Lelouch. :v:

I like the part where Straight Cougar beats up Kazuma to beat some sense into him.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

chumbler posted:

The fourth OP is unironically amazing. All that TM Revolution and then WINGS OF WORDS OUT OF NOWHERE until they changed it to Vestige in the Remaster but screw that.

It was great when 00 did the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who wants a Beargguy avatar? I've managed to clean up the entire routine for the Yellow one, so if there's a particular section you want just ask. I couldn't grab the other colours though, due to text and subtitles being in the way.

These are brilliant.

• Locked thread