Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

A neckbeard by any other length would smell as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else having trouble logging into Steam right now? It keeps getting hung up on "updating steam information." Tried deleting the .blob file but it didn't help.

SpaceLion
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah, having the same issue. Might just try to wait it out.

EDIT: Just as I type that, I'm in.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't worry, your free copy of L4D1 will be there when you get in. :psyduck:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It worked! Thanks goons :)

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I'm not sure why Reaper from the new Humble Bundle isn't available for Android, because it's an excellent fightin' game... by phone standards. I wonder how well the gameplay translates to computer, has anyone tried it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I love getting to the end of FTL and then dying because of a couple bad dice rolls. It's not annoying at all. Dying is totally fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's probably your fault for letting a couple bad dice rolls sink you tbh

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Are any of these Weekly Humble Bundle games any good besides Guacamelee and Double Dragon Neon?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've heard Fist of Jesus was good.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Drifter posted:

I was overall pretty unsatisfied with HBS's Shadowrun. The nondialog gameplay was boring as gently caress. Everything just felt 'meh'. I thought the writing was certainly better than some other games, but nothing particularly impressive, either. But still, better.

I backed them last time but will absolutely not do it this time. Good luck to them, though. Always good to have a job.

In a sense, I wonder how much of it is due to the actual Shadowrun ruleset. I know the RPG itself is a big old creaky thing, but I don't know how much was lost/gained in translation.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Double Dragon Neon has the best trailer ever. When Wayforward care about something, they really deliver.

gyger
Feb 19, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

I'm not sure why Reaper from the new Humble Bundle isn't available for Android, because it's an excellent fightin' game... by phone standards. I wonder how well the gameplay translates to computer, has anyone tried it?

It is available for Android and iOS for freefreemium.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Testekill posted:

Double Dragon Neon has the best trailer ever. When Wayforward care about something, they really deliver.

Double Dragon Neon owns hard. Too bad about that bug or whatever it is that makes it lag after playing for some time. But absolutely no deal-breaker, that game is the best.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 16, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Downs Duck posted:

Double Dragon Neon owns hard. Too bad about that bug or whatever it is that makes it lag after playing for some time. But absolutely no deal-breaker, that game is the best.

Oh god damnit why did I have to learn that this game exists.

How is the co-op?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

WarLocke posted:

How is the co-op?

I had fun with it when I completed the game with a friend. You can share health between the two players with a key-combo, so one player doesn't need to wait for the other because they died early. You'll die a lot to start with, so you really need to replay the early levels a bit to build up your special abilities.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

WarLocke posted:

How is the co-op?

Haven't tried it yet, but my review from just playing it on my own might help you decide on whether or not you should buy it (you should): http://steamcommunity.com/id/ghost_of_bukowski/recommended/252350/

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Gromit posted:

I had fun with it when I completed the game with a friend. You can share health between the two players with a key-combo, so one player doesn't need to wait for the other because they died early. You'll die a lot to start with, so you really need to replay the early levels a bit to build up your special abilities.

Welp, that sounds good but I just found out in the CoX thread that Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition is $7.50 :siren:

I never did play Enter the Dominatrix, so I might just buy that complete pack and run through the game again on my new computer that should be able to handle it with maxed-out graphics. :black101:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

WarLocke posted:

Welp, that sounds good but I just found out in the CoX thread that Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition is $7.50 :siren:

I never did play Enter the Dominatrix, so I might just buy that complete pack and run through the game again on my new computer that should be able to handle it with maxed-out graphics. :black101:
If you already have the base game you can just buy the upgrade: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47503/
or just the season pass on its own which is actually fully discounted this time: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238302/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Currently replaying SR3 with a goonbuddy. What DLC is "worth it"? Don't mind if it's unbalanced or anything, I don't care (well, besides the ones that disable achievements).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Morter posted:

Currently replaying SR3 with a goonbuddy. What DLC is "worth it"? Don't mind if it's unbalanced or anything, I don't care (well, besides the ones that disable achievements).

The Genkibowl. Everything else is a bonus.

Skip the Invincible pack because that's literally a cheat DLC. The Bloodsucker pack is pretty cheaty also.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If you already have the base game you can just buy the upgrade: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47503/

You just saved me $5 goonsir. :iia:

Cannot wait to go through as Laura Bailey Boss again on max settings with all the DLC and then do Dominatrix/Saints Save Christmas.

Also that whole ending sequence... I still can't believe they just lifted it from the Transformers movie :swoon:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

WarLocke posted:

You just saved me $5 goonsir. :iia:

Cannot wait to go through as Laura Bailey Boss again on max settings with all the DLC and then do Dominatrix/Saints Save Christmas.

Also that whole ending sequence... I still can't believe they just lifted it from the Transformers movie :swoon:

Did you read my review yet? Use them on Double Dragon Neon, you will not be disappointed. It's even in a bundle now: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I bought it for 4,99 or something, so 8 bucks for that bundle is probably a steal :)

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Holy poo poo, Double Dragon trilogy for $5 is a steal. Anyone else getting this game out of sheer drunken nostalgia ? I'd love to get on some co-op.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Speaking of Saints Row since all of them are having a free weekend. Which one is the best? I know they're basically an over the top GTA. Which sounds good since I would go two missions into GTA and then drive wildly around the city hitting people so I could see how long I could outrun the police. I never did finish any GTAs for this reason.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

OhFunny posted:

Speaking of Saints Row since all of them are having a free weekend. Which one is the best? I know they're basically an over the top GTA. Which sounds good since I would go two missions into GTA and then drive wildly around the city hitting people so I could see how long I could outrun the police. I never did finish any GTAs for this reason.

Saints Row IV is the best open-world rear end in a top hat superhero simulator on the market right now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

WarLocke posted:

I would suggest saving the $7.50 and putting it toward Gat out of Hell. The DLC for Saints Row 4 just isn't all that great, save a few moments.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

OhFunny posted:

2 is good if you want a more grounded experience, 4 is best if you feel GTA needs more superpowers and dildo bats both are quite fun in their own way.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Get the Ultimate and do a grand tour - you'll appreciate the older ones that way. Saints Row 2 needs Gentlemen of the Row. Saints Row the Third doesn't NEED Gentlemen of Steelport but it's probably a good idea (also feel free to watch an LP if you don't feel up to it; it got super rushed and they didn't have the 'let's make it a love letter' feel like IV does). Saints Row IV is nearly flawless on its own but it might be worth a visit to saintsrowmods.com for... I dunno, wardrobe/garage stuff and a couple of texture fixes I guess.

Don't skip a bundle just because it has cheat DLC, because you can turn off a game's DLC piecemeal in its Steam properties (not a bad idea for the Unlockable one that just straight up shits the split decision rewards all over you as soon as you get a garage or if you're annoyed by the bloodsucker animation) and Volition deserve all of your money.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 16, 2015

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Downs Duck posted:

Did you read my review yet? Use them on Double Dragon Neon, you will not be disappointed. It's even in a bundle now: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I bought it for 4,99 or something, so 8 bucks for that bundle is probably a steal :)

If someone didn't already own Guacamelee, I'd say the bundle is probably worth it just based on the $8 tier alone. Since I already own that, though, I'm a bit more skeptical and waiting to hear opinions about some of the other games. (though I do really want Double Dragon Neon super bad)

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

If you get the complete SR3, turn off the Bloodsucker pack. Normally when you take someone as a human shield, you kill them by snapping their neck. With the Bloodsucker pack, you suck their blood instead which is a much longer animation and it leaves you vulnerable the whole time. I can't remember if there are any clothes or vehicles you get in the pack but maybe there's a way to still get them without the new animation?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have a question about Hate Plus, now that I have finished it. The achievements talk about three different routes, what are they? Are they are all worth going through?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

WarLocke posted:

Saints Row IV is the best open-world rear end in a top hat superhero simulator on the market right now.

socialsecurity posted:

2 is good if you want a more grounded experience, 4 is best if you feel GTA needs more superpowers and dildo bats both are quite fun in their own way.

Thanks. I'll give IV a try. I never liked GTA, but being able to do crazy stuff with superpowers sounds pretty fun.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have a question about Hate Plus, now that I have finished it. The achievements talk about three different routes, what are they? Are they are all worth going through?

The three routes are with Hyun-ae, with Mute, and with both. I think it is worth playing through all three routes for different perspectives on everything, although scrolling through the logs again and waiting between days can be a pain.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Alright US Goons, I already have the AU version of Saints Row IV, is there a way for me to purchase the US version, activate it on my account and be able to get everything that I'm supposed to have?

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Has this been posted yet? Because apparently an unset variable can cause steam for linux to run "rm -rf /".

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Calling all Freaks for this sale that popped up:
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/manga-maker-comipo/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/comipo-swimwear/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/comipo-summer-sportswear/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/comipo-casualwear/

MODS LIFT THE POSTING BAN

Orv
May 4, 2011

duckfarts posted:

MODS LIFT THE POSTING BAN

No.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is anyone else just not able to connect to Steam, no matter what? I'm on the internet and I can even chat with people on Steam, I just can't get on the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Is anyone else just not able to connect to Steam, no matter what? I'm on the internet and I can even chat with people on Steam, I just can't get on the program.

Everything's fine for me.

Also wow you guys weren't kidding about Saint Row IV being an rear end in a top hat superhero simulator. 2 hours in and I love it.

• Locked thread