Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I'm using this retexture for the assassin suit from Dead Money, the ghoul is decked out using clothes from Chakan The Forever Man, and the power armor is XV Sharl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I like that power armor, but the chakan hat is making me want a mod to look like the Stranger from Oddworld.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

(Hi Beeb! Post some of your IWS Plasmageddon shots!)

are we linking screenshots of energy weapons

hooraaaaaaaay

gently caress i wish i could remember which enbs these were taken with

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fereydun posted:

You're not the only one
:aaaaa:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Speaking of which, how much of an impact would something like EVE have on performance? I'd like some new energy weapon effects but I don't exactly have a high-powered gaming rig; the framerate is already imperfect and really suffers in caves for some reason, and EVE looks like it adds some pretty high-definition stuff so I'm wary of trying it out. Is there a mod which adds new effects but is lower-impact?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oh God dammit Mod Organizer just loaded up with all the plugins deactivated and sorted in alphabetical order. Good thing I hadn't started my new playthrough yet.

EDIT: LOOT isn't sorting them :stare:

EDIT2: I went into plugins.txt and manually moved them. It didn't work either.

What do I do?

EDIT3: Ran the integrated version of LOOT again, got this:

quote:

15:02:03 [D] Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "FOOK - New Vegas.esm" and "FOOK - New Vegas.esm".
15:02:03 [D] Failed to calculate the load order. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "FOOK - New Vegas.esm" and "FOOK - New Vegas.esm".

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 14, 2015

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
How the gently caress do I get my game looking like yours. I want to play NV but it just looks so goddamned janky.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ok, so I disabled FOOK and now LOOT works and even displays the report properly! It hasn't done that since summer!

What the hell.

EDIT: Activated FOOK, now it broke again. Same error as last time.

How the hell is FOOK breaking LOOT?

EDIT2: Seems like I fixed it, though I'm still not sure what the problem was.

EDIT3: Nope, FOOK still kills LOOT. Huh.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 14, 2015

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Fereydun posted:

hooraaaaaaaay

Beeb saw some of "oh poo poo ghouls" pics from around REPCONN, and wanted my IWS settings so he could try his Energy Weapons build - with Meltdown, of course.

IIRC his next message in IRC was O FUK COMPUTER ON FIRE

I think I ended up doing about half bullets once I got Meltdown in my EW run, because all the fratricide in bigger groups would end up tagging non-enemies and goddammit NCR stop shooting at me you tools.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone know how to fix it when your in-game main menu (push ESC) is all grayed out and you can't click anything?

I'm pretty sure it's MCM doing it. I can click it, and it works, even tho it looks 'disabled' or grayed out. None of the rest of the options work tho, like Load, Save, etc.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Ok, so I disabled FOOK and now LOOT works and even displays the report properly! It hasn't done that since summer!

What the hell.

EDIT: Activated FOOK, now it broke again. Same error as last time.

How the hell is FOOK breaking LOOT?

EDIT2: Seems like I fixed it, though I'm still not sure what the problem was.

EDIT3: Nope, FOOK still kills LOOT. Huh.

Open "edit metadata" in LOOT, because I had that problem with LOOT when two different mods had "load after" entries for each other. It freaks LOOT out. See what the metadata for FOOK says.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Open "edit metadata" in LOOT, because I had that problem with LOOT when two different mods had "load after" entries for each other. It freaks LOOT out. See what the metadata for FOOK says.

Thank you! I added some "load after" entries a few days ago, guess I got sloppy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

hooraaaaaaaay

the gently caress is that werewolf from :stare:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Anyone know how to fix it when your in-game main menu (push ESC) is all grayed out and you can't click anything?

I'm pretty sure it's MCM doing it. I can click it, and it works, even tho it looks 'disabled' or grayed out. None of the rest of the options work tho, like Load, Save, etc.

Sounds like a menu conflict, try installing UIO and see if that helps.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zeron posted:

I did a similar thing when I went for a minigun run, all max IWS settings. REPCONN lagged my computer something fierce and I had soooo many ammo problems.

REPCONN is where I noticed the respawns on reload. I fought my way past 30 mutants saved, died, reloaded and was surrounded by hundreds of them. Thank God I had CASM. I had to go back to a pre-Novac save.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm about to play Fallout 3 again, first time on PC. Anyone have any mods I should seriously consider aside from Project Beauty?

I'm not really interested in any graphical enhancements. Anything that improves general usability or busted mechanics are welcome.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
FWE and RobCo Certified?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

2house2fly posted:

Speaking of which, how much of an impact would something like EVE have on performance? I'd like some new energy weapon effects but I don't exactly have a high-powered gaming rig; the framerate is already imperfect and really suffers in caves for some reason, and EVE looks like it adds some pretty high-definition stuff so I'm wary of trying it out. Is there a mod which adds new effects but is lower-impact?

Honestly, I can't say for certain what EVE's performance impact is (if any) because I only installed it after moving my Fallout NV installation over to a pretty fast desktop, but you might want to check out IMPACT for a way to spruce up gun effects. It's nowhere near the scale of EVE but it certainly does succeed in making guns feel more "punchy" and visceral with basically no FPS hit.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

the gently caress is that werewolf from :stare:

it's from momod

the thing is just one of the random things that can replace deathclaws and it looks really dumb in any lighting

buuut it's something different to shoot so i'm down

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Fereydun posted:

hooraaaaaaaay

I need to know the enbs.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mr E posted:

I need to know the enbs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ga4lelwjw6jamrp

i uh, think this is it?

it's really really really sharp at resolutions lower than 1920x1080 and probably still too sharp for that too anyways so yeahhh

edit: that's a sweetfx setting thing so you can change that in the sweetfx_settings.txt

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 15, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Okay, so after a (foolhardy) attempt at installing FNV redesigned 3 months ago, which thoroughly borked my game (loving up textures all over the place) I got the itch to play again. Uninstalled in steam, reinstalled in a new location on a different drive and re-downloaded a bunch of mods. However after getting everything running again I appear to have run into a few snags:

1) Despite running Project Nevada (which I did before), which I believe comes with mod-manager installed, IWS no longer shows up in the mod manager menu, which it did under my old install.

2) Grabbed NMC's large texture packs again, and installed manually, and while the title screen is the NMC screen... none of the textures appear to be being used in game. I am running FNV4GB (nvse compatible version).

3) Stuff from FNV redesigned 3 is still hanging around - craggly rear end Doc Mitchel, vanilla npc's that were black are still white. How the gently caress is this thing haunting me from beyond the grave.

I should note that I reinstalled without uninstalling FOMM (though I did grab a fresh dl of FOMM and ran the installer). I've also deleted my old mods file which FOMM was initially referencing, and changed all the directories in the FOMM settings to new folders.

Any thoughts on solving these three issues?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but are there any good hair mods out there? There's the Beauty Pack, and admittedly there are a handful of decent hairstyles in there, but I don't want to download 400mb of poo poo I'll mostly not use.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

JawKnee posted:

Okay, so after a (foolhardy) attempt at installing FNV redesigned 3 months ago, which thoroughly borked my game (loving up textures all over the place) I got the itch to play again. Uninstalled in steam, reinstalled in a new location on a different drive and re-downloaded a bunch of mods. However after getting everything running again I appear to have run into a few snags:

1) Despite running Project Nevada (which I did before), which I believe comes with mod-manager installed, IWS no longer shows up in the mod manager menu, which it did under my old install.

2) Grabbed NMC's large texture packs again, and installed manually, and while the title screen is the NMC screen... none of the textures appear to be being used in game. I am running FNV4GB (nvse compatible version).

3) Stuff from FNV redesigned 3 is still hanging around - craggly rear end Doc Mitchel, vanilla npc's that were black are still white. How the gently caress is this thing haunting me from beyond the grave.

I should note that I reinstalled without uninstalling FOMM (though I did grab a fresh dl of FOMM and ran the installer). I've also deleted my old mods file which FOMM was initially referencing, and changed all the directories in the FOMM settings to new folders.

For #1, while Project Nevada has it's own mcm it doesn't work for any other mod I believe. You'll still need to install mcm(and UIO to make everything play nice).

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Zeron posted:

For #1, while Project Nevada has it's own mcm it doesn't work for any other mod I believe. You'll still need to install mcm(and UIO to make everything play nice).

thanks, that sorted the IWS problem. Also toggling Archive Invalidation a couple times seems to have sorted the NMC issues (even turned boxcars back to his regular brown self). Doc Mitchell is still a craggly rear end dude, but I can deal with that I guess

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Does EVE and IMPACT work well with TTW? Also what about some kind of weather mod? Hopefully one that doesn't make everything dark as poo poo. Right now I've got a nice, stable mod list for TTW but I'd like to spice it up a bit.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

JawKnee posted:

NVR3 doesn't touch Doc Mitchell, the author points him out as one of the well-designed characters that he didn't need to mess around with. Fallout Character Overhaul messes with Doc Mitchell though, so it's probably that.

As for the albino black people, that might be because of an fallout.ini setting. Try changing bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0 to 1. If it's already at 1 then you're probably haunted.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
If you got old man molebutt it's definitly Overhaul

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

I installed a ENB called Ruby and now some of my terrain is now see through. Like, I can see objects through it - it happened shortly after changing cells when movin' around outside. Anything like this happen to anyone else?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Sion posted:

I installed a ENB called Ruby and now some of my terrain is now see through. Like, I can see objects through it - it happened shortly after changing cells when movin' around outside. Anything like this happen to anyone else?

The Steam overlay tends to cause some issues with ENBs, try disabling it and see what happens.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

No joy with turning off overlay, I'm afraid.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Pretend you have xray specs

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Sion posted:

No joy with turning off overlay, I'm afraid.

Missing textures and flickering/missing geometry can sometimes be a vram issue. Do you have a boatload of super high resolution texture replacers in addition to high impact enb shader stuff?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Crigit posted:

Missing textures and flickering/missing geometry can sometimes be a vram issue. Do you have a boatload of super high resolution texture replacers in addition to high impact enb shader stuff?

Boatload is maybe an overstatement?

I haven't really got any other mods installed to be honest. LIke, it's this, New Vegas Skies, Electro City and Perk every level.

I have a 1 gig 460 ti so... ENB might just be askin' too much.

Sion fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 16, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Sion posted:

What kind of graphics card? DirectX up to date? Did you follow the ENB install instructions carefully? There are a lot of things you need to edit etc.

Also make sure AA isn't forced on in your graphics card driver or anything like that.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Gyshall posted:

What kind of graphics card? DirectX up to date? Did you follow the ENB install instructions carefully? There are a lot of things you need to edit etc.

Also make sure AA isn't forced on in your graphics card driver or anything like that.

So anti-aliasin' should be off in total?

edit - hey you do have to turn aa off! Works now. Rad.

Sion fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 16, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Rudy's read me says something about the issue, check that again. I think it's a config problem you just gotta fix.

Just to be sure - you also installed the weather Rudy esp and configured your enblocal like it said?

Sion posted:

So anti-aliasin' should be off in total?

Yes you need to disable a bunch of stuff and make sure your launcher options are set up correctly because enb handles it for you. Again, read the read me carefully; it actually matters for ENB unlike most stuff :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 16, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah ENB should actually be called RTFMENB

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Any mods that make power armor not suck and operate in a fashion similar to the first two games? I want to feel like a walking tank and not take significant damage from small arms fire while wearing the crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

skeletonotherkin posted:

Any mods that make power armor not suck and operate in a fashion similar to the first two games? I want to feel like a walking tank and not take significant damage from small arms fire while wearing the crap.

If you're just looking for massive DT, Realistic Battle and Dynamic Combat makes it so that all armor protects more at the cost of making unarmored flesh squishier (which also means that damage that makes it through the armor is going to be higher). The issue is that this will unbalance everything else and basically force you to completely rethink how you play.