Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

catch22 posted:

What series?

It's a fairly random assortment, but I think the biggest chunk is Energon dudes. Might be some really old stuff for parts too. I gotta go dig everything out. Probably have a list/pics in a day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

To participate in the vote, please put this poo poo on your phone instead of visiting a website like a regular person.

Who... what...

I don't even.

EDIT: Its okay, I will vote for you I'm pretty good at voting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 15, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What if Ambulon comes out of this vote?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SlothfulCobra posted:

What if Ambulon comes out of this vote?

We need to make it happen.

I also wouldn't be surprised if each combiner had a new member, with the original members (Wildrider, Slingshot, whoever Rook is replacing... It's probably Groove, he's not the right proportion at all with the rest of them) being released later on, "just for fun." Because most G1 fans will feel compelled to get them.

We are weak-willed man-babies, the lot of us.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Nice! They have all the Combiner guys too. And Chromia. And Waspinstor!
Wish I had one of those promo codes ahhh

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

To participate in the vote, please put this poo poo on your phone instead of visiting a website like a regular person.
Yeah okay DAD, make sure you pay the cable bill on time too

Also the Cybertron.ca discussion on the poll has devolved into one guy whining its "going to be femmebots laced with yellow fever" UGH

I hope for a femmeboat combiner, though. Did I float that idea already? Because buoy oh buoy I want that a hull lot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

More Takaratron

Dang, those are some low shoulders though. "Hey, Hoist! Why does Megatron keep his shoulders halfway down his torso?" "*sigh* I don't know, Swerve, why DOES Megatron keep his shoulders halfway down his torso?" "No, I'm - I'm seriously askin'. Creeps me out."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah okay DAD, make sure you pay the cable bill on time too

Also the Cybertron.ca discussion on the poll has devolved into one guy whining its "going to be femmebots laced with yellow fever" UGH

I hope for a femmeboat combiner, though. Did I float that idea already? Because buoy oh buoy I want that a hull lot.

I kind of hope that it doesn't go in that offensive direction, but a Ladytron is actually an idea that hasn't been done before.

EDIT: Breastforce Combiner. Heh.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Oh wow, a combiner vote!? Glad to see Windblade wasn't a one time thing.

I wonder how in depth the questions will be?

Off the top of my head i'm thinking an all boat team would be pretty cool or an all new beast team!

OOH, a part vehicle part beast team would be amazing!

VOTE FOR BOATS!
VOTE FOR BOATS!
VOTE FOR BOATS!

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 16, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Ultimate Hasbro combiner formed from Transformers, Star Wars, My Little Pony, Nerf, and Marvel toys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lepecard posted:

VOTE FOR BOATS!
VOTE FOR BOATS!
VOTE FOR BOATS!

Nautica turns into a boat or sub, doesn't she? I mean, her name practically begs it. Then there's Riptide...

... how much does Roberts know?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You people who would vote for a boat disgust me

Pick trains like a normal human being.

That and if we get boats Hasbro might decide to make the boats the new Seacons. And if that happens I shall not stand it, I want my hosed up pink and teal tiny turtle and bipedal Squid.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 16, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trainboats.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

That and if we get boats Hasbro might decide to make the boats the new Seacons. And if that happens I shall not stand it, I want my hosed up pink and teal tiny turtle and bipedal Squid.
Seacons more like won't ever be seen-cons. You know you can still buy the BBTS exclusive seacons? Puns write themselves.

Also Vote boat, set sail for female is a great slogan. I need to go spam /toy/ and /co/, excuse me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Seacons more like won't ever be seen-cons. You know you can still buy the BBTS exclusive seacons? Puns write themselves.

Also Vote boat, set sail for female is a great slogan. I need to go spam /toy/ and /co/, excuse me.

Boats are the least 1980's out of any of the vehicle choices.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TRAINBOTS oh my :shepface:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Boats are the least 1980's out of any of the vehicle choices.

Nope, no boats in the 80's. They weren't popular or iconic in any way that decade. :pseudo:

You're still okay in my book though. Don't stop reaping taints on my account.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Defensor is real
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...nfirmed-181861/
Looks like Wave 3 is going to be interesting. First Aid is a combat vehicle which isn't something seen since the PCC Protectobots. Also Rook is an armored truck so unless Blades and Streetwise are not happening there will be no motorcycle limb. However Motorcycle could still wind up being a legends figure.
"Combat vehicle" is a pretty vague term, I hope it's just someone trying to make an ambulance sound cooler. If the Protectobots aren't rescue vehicles I'll be kind of disappointed. But I like the idea of Groove being one of the Legends sixth members, it would alleviate the worst scale issue of the G1 combiner teams.

Also, boat and train Transformers are lame because of their extremely limited terrain options. Sorry, but it's true.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Blaargh posted:

Nope, no boats in the 80's. They weren't popular or iconic in any way that decade. :pseudo:

You're still okay in my book though. Don't stop reaping taints on my account.

Ask yourself this, is your precious sea worthy vehicle as iconic as the A-Team Van, General lee, or Big foot?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ask yourself this, is your precious sea worthy vehicle as iconic as the A-Team Van, General lee, or Big foot?

Oh yeah?

Edit: Now there's an idea, titan class cruise ship buddy to hang out with Metroplex.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 16, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Somewhere, buried beneath the detritus of time and disuse lies the Taint Reaper's Undertow, whose power core weeps with a powerful sadness that his master has forgotten him.

Also there's a bunch of loving 80s boats. Seaspray combiner, make it happen! its the future we all want, etc etc

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
One should be the boat from the Hulk Hogan show with the boat. Thunder in Paradise?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got my Generations Megatron from China today. I already owned Dreadwing so I was familiar with the mold but it just looks 100% better in these colors. I now own the entire comic line. Who was I going to buy the Waspinator comic from again? I forgot to do that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tidal Wave, but with 5 vessels.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Blaargh posted:

Oh yeah?

Edit: Now there's an idea, titan class cruise ship buddy to hang out with Metroplex.

EthanSteele posted:

One should be the boat from the Hulk Hogan show with the boat. Thunder in Paradise?

No sorry Thunder in Paradise was in the 90's

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 16, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Never mind. Four femmeboat limbs, torso made up of newly minted Autobot combiner chest, Broadside.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You people and your laughable 80's water boats

Harmony Gold has no hold on Hasbro now.....

Release the Space Boats

Hello this is broadside I can turn into a battleship, a flying battleship, a robot, and a torso to form a larger robot with ship arms.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Guys, let's just hope for the best combiner ever, Fortress Maximus as the Body, and Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Broadside and someone else large, maybe Caminus' first toy. We'll call it Grand unreasonable-price-point. He'll be awesome and like no one will own one cause it's going to cost a thousand dollars.

Or maybe a limited area vehicle guy, go Boat, Train, roller coaster, mine cart, and one of one of these (they're on a track)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
A vote for train robots is a vote for terrorism.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Guys, let's just hope for the best combiner ever, Fortress Maximus as the Body, and Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Broadside and someone else large, maybe Caminus' first toy. We'll call it Grand unreasonable-price-point. He'll be awesome and like no one will own one cause it's going to cost a thousand dollars.

Or maybe a limited area vehicle guy, go Boat, Train, roller coaster, mine cart, and one of one of these (they're on a track)

Leviathan-class. The torso component has a small studio apartment inside.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A transforming Ark to scale with the Generations voyagers and deluxes. The Ark is a combiner like Tidal Wave.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 16, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
On topic, is the Lost light a Metrotitan, it always looked like it had hands stored like Unicron to me, but nothing seems to have come of that. That and it is the same general colors of Metroplex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

On topic, is the Lost light a Metrotitan, it always looked like it had hands stored like Unicron to me, but nothing seems to have come of that. That and it is the same general colors of Metroplex.

I don't think so, it's far smaller from what we saw in Dark Cybertron.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Japanese-themed femboat team 2015.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
What are the options? I don't feel like downloading the app.

Yes I know, I'm the reason why Statscream got elected

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Bumblebee's so high minded! At least Starscream seems like someone you could sit down and have a beer with.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Anora posted:

I don't think it is either, but I do bet it's a bot. Probably something they'll do next 'season' or so if it is going to be a thing. Not enough ship and other big vehicle bots running around for my tastes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

There are no options yet. The Transformers 4 official movie app is going to be rebranded as Hasbro's main Transformers app... soonish? It makes sense from a "re-use as much as possible" programming standpoint my professors keep trying to tell me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thinkin some poo poo through out loud here. If I get only one combiner this year, who should it be, and should I wait to see if they do a giftset? I already have FOC G2ticus, and I don't think I have the display space, discretionary income, or household goodwill to get more than one other gigantic robot made of five other robots. Especially with also wanting to get MP Mags and leave room in the budget for if they release an MP Jazz. I have no residual love for Menasor or Defensor (plus I don't want a second Hot Spot when the GDO one is so dece), Ultra Prime strikes me as bein' pretty silly, and Superion is just kind of bland? I do have a bit of My Childhoods for Skydive, always liked the Viper better than the -15, and I dig Silverbolt's torso transformation. There's Devastator, of course, but he's going to be killer expensive and massive, which is why I never got Metroplex.

I guess if we knew the Technobots were coming, it'd be a sure thing.

Oh man and I totally just remembered I got the repaint of Energon Superion, complete with Awful Transparent Claws With Mold Errors. What a gong show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Devy' not coming right away, so maybe save up a bit and wait for him? Assuming he looks good of course.