Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I saw this in another forum and I don't even...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Gaze upon hiatus! Gaze upon hiatus!

Disney needs room for more Jessie episodes I guess…

(seriously, my stepdaughter has been binge watching that entire series from the beginning. Someone help me)

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is that Teen Titans, or whatever that series is called? Holy crap.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

El Tortuga posted:

Is that Teen Titans, or whatever that series is called? Holy crap.

It's from Batman Eternal. Pictured is Red Hood (Jason Todd) shooting rubber bullets as kids and teens being mind controlled by nanobots.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Xelkelvos posted:

It's from Batman Eternal. Pictured is Red Hood (Jason Todd) shooting rubber bullets as kids and teens being mind controlled by nanobots.

I feel like a scrub now. That looked like Deathstroke to me, for a minute. But now that I know it's Red Hood, I can clearly see how wrong I was.

A shameful nerd.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mraagvpeine posted:

nice

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

it's a really long fingernail

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's the shapeshifter.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Awful art fail or a referans, you decide.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

Comic artists do that all the time. If they have to draw in background characters who don't really matter to the story, they'll draw in characters from TV shows/cartoons/other comics that they like. For example here's the South Park kids cameo-ing in a comic.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Apparently the next episode will be Northwest Mansion Noir, coming February 16

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Tunicate posted:

Apparently the next episode will be Northwest Mansion Noir, coming February 16

More Pacifica? How interesting. It was mentioned that we were going to see more of her, and a noir (or more likely, a noir parody) seems like a good way to do it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

TwoPair posted:

Comic artists do that all the time. If they have to draw in background characters who don't really matter to the story, they'll draw in characters from TV shows/cartoons/other comics that they like.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm triggered.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Looking forward to seeing Pacifica and Mabel continue along the awkward allies path.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So I have to wait till the 16th of next month for new episodes? drat I just got around to watching season one and whats been done of season 2 so far. I don't know how you guys who have been in it from day one dealt with that

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

KomradeX posted:

So I have to wait till the 16th of next month for new episodes? drat I just got around to watching season one and whats been done of season 2 so far. I don't know how you guys who have been in it from day one dealt with that

Rampant speculation, mostly.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KomradeX posted:

Finidng other good shows to occupy the time when this isn't on.

Steven Universe fills a different niche than Gravity Falls but it's been a godsend.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KomradeX posted:

poo poo, there were 364 days between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. Forgetting it exists for several months at a time helps.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pakled posted:

poo poo, there were 364 days between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. Forgetting it exists for several months at a time helps.

Yeah, that was the worst, especially after that cliffhanger.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

Watching Steven Universe, Rick & Morty, Clarence, and making references to our Venture Bros conditioning.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Disney's new animated show Star vs. the Forces of Evil looks pretty cool and premieres tomorrow, you could check that out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoWhMt2_gs

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I thought they said the goofy vocals were a placeholder track...

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Disney's new animated show Star vs. the Forces of Evil looks pretty cool and premieres tomorrow, you could check that out

From the chiptunes to the awkward singing to the faces this is trying so hard to tap the Adventure Time/Tumblrite vein.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Awww, that isn't gonna be the actual Intro music?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Reminded me more of Steven Universe, although the chiptunes come from a great source.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Is that Weird Al?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Is that Weird Al?

It's Brad Breeck, the same guy who did the the Gravity Falls theme

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The intro sold me the first time someone posted a cam of it from comiccon. I'm so down for this show.

edit: Of course it's yet another show to put in the pile of "I need to get caught up on this" alongside Bob's Burgers, Archer and Steven Universe :smith: There's too many good animated shows on nowadays what the gently caress happened

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 18, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The MC looks like a literal version of Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pakled posted:

That is entirely a good point, I had heard from people to go watch Gravity Falls because it was awesome, then I had heard it was cancelled after its first season but than I heard about season two and finally got around to watching it after kind of forgetting myself for several months.

JT Jag posted:

Finidng other good shows to occupy the time when this isn't on.

Steven Universe fills a different niche than Gravity Falls but it's been a godsend.

Pick posted:

Watching Steven Universe, Rick & Morty, Clarence, and making references to our Venture Bros conditioning.

Steven Universe has been a fantastic show and I'm enamored with it. Rick and Morty has to be the best thing Adult Swim has done in at least a decade and I find Clarence surprisingly good, when I first saw it I thought it was going to be Uncle Grandpa level but it's a solid show.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Rampant speculation, mostly.

I haven't gotten too much into that only because I did catch season 2 first cause it was on Disney XD around the time I was watching Star Wars: Rebels, which I also find to be a really good show and a worthy successor to Clone Wars (and it really keeps me going with me Edge of the Empire game I'm running). But after reading some of this thread I have to say I disagree with the idea of there being a StanFORD and a StanLEY Pines. I just this Grunkle Stan wore different glasses when he was younger, since having seen him even younger he didn't have glasses.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KomradeX posted:

Steven Universe has been a fantastic show and I'm enamored with it. Rick and Morty has to be the best thing Adult Swim has done in at least a decade and I find Clarence surprisingly good, when I first saw it I thought it was going to be Uncle Grandpa level but it's a solid show.
This is a good and true sentence

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Gravity Falls wins an award.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gby0XJo3JeQ

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

That speech is fantastic.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

The best thing about Alex Hirsch is that I will probably go the rest of my life never 100% sure if he was joking or if he really didn't expect to win and showed up drunk to his own award acceptance

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If I was sending up something against Over the Garden Wall, I would've just gotten drunk and said, "gently caress it," too.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Is Over the Garden Wall good? The 5-second snippet made it look like a show for 3-year-olds.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

It's well animated and has good music. At its heart it's a coming of age story set against a fantasy backdrop.

Also Christopher Lloyd and Elijah Wood are in it.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Suspicious Dish posted:

Is Over the Garden Wall good? The 5-second snippet made it look like a show for 3-year-olds.

Over the Garden Wall is incredible in that way that shows aimed at children but conscious of adults sometimes manage to be. I loved every second of it, and it's an easy watch since it's so short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

That scene works well in context, but it's not a very good indicator of the tone of the show. The show itself is mostly about the kids being lost in the creepy fairy tale woods and getting menaced by weird stuff.

Shwoo fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 2, 2015

• Locked thread