Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

Does that mean she's actually a good voice actor and Tiny Tina was the product of horrible writing?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
horrible writing by her brother anthony, ironically

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She helped bring Tiny Tina into the world. Some sins are too great to ignore :colbert:

I blame Gearbox's inability to write good characters for that more than I do the VA.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Want something weird to listen to Persona-wise?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDHUmk3vDo

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

That sure is something. Something awful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Golden Goat posted:

I like how dude put his Patreon link in the description of his horrid garbage song. You know, so you can pay him for ruining things and making your life tangibly worse.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what is the original track that plays for like 10s in the beginning isn't it from the p3 ost?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

what is the original track that plays for like 10s in the beginning isn't it from the p3 ost?

Changing Seasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-L5Vvg1Es

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
thank you that song owns

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm playing Devil Survivor Overclocked and got to Kaido's 8th day, then Kaido just flipped out and demanded Mari leave the party. Where's the dialogue option for "Shut the gently caress up benchwarmer, Mari is more useful than you'll ever be"? I couldn't find it and Mari left :(

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

I'm playing Devil Survivor Overclocked and got to Kaido's 8th day, then Kaido just flipped out and demanded Mari leave the party. Where's the dialogue option for "Shut the gently caress up benchwarmer, Mari is more useful than you'll ever be"? I couldn't find it and Mari left :(

Yeah he tends to do that a lot. There's a special ending if you "save" everyone but IDK if it's worth it considering how annoying some of the party members can be for no reason :v:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Aw man, it was because I went for the evil ending. But Mari was totally cool with killing the gently caress out of people! It's just that Kaido decided to be a moron out of nowhere! Man Atlus why you gotta pull this poo poo

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

MarsDragon posted:

Aw man, it was because I went for the evil ending. But Mari was totally cool with killing the gently caress out of people! It's just that Kaido decided to be a moron out of nowhere! Man Atlus why you gotta pull this poo poo

Hey whoa it 's Chaos not Evil okay.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zoness posted:

Hey whoa it 's Chaos not Evil okay.

on chaos's 8th day you basically have the option of going batshit insane or trying to be semi-reasonable about it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've been playing Digital Devil Saga on PS3 and I'm getting pretty far into the game. Did anyone here play the NA PSN version of both Digital Devil Saga games? If so, does the save transfer from DDS to DDS2 work? I've heard that it doesn't work in the European version and I really want to play DDS2 on hard mode for my first playthrough.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Evil Eagle posted:

I've been playing Digital Devil Saga on PS3 and I'm getting pretty far into the game. Did anyone here play the NA PSN version of both Digital Devil Saga games? If so, does the save transfer from DDS to DDS2 work? I've heard that it doesn't work in the European version and I really want to play DDS2 on hard mode for my first playthrough.

Pretty sure it did when I played, though that was like 6 years ago now.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Pretty sure it did when I played, though that was like 6 years ago now.

I thought it only came out on the PSN last year.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Evil Eagle posted:

I've heard that it doesn't work in the European version and I really want to play DDS2 on hard mode for my first playthrough.

Did Ghostlight gently caress something up (probably, because it's Ghostlight) because it worked just fine on PS2.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Prism posted:

I thought it only came out on the PSN last year.

Oh, poo poo, just realized what you meant. Sorry, I played on the PS2 and am dumb.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Should I select Naoya or Amanes route on day 6 of ds1oc?

I was going for Gin but must have hosed up somewhere.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Both are good, Naoya's has more content though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

tithin posted:

It's hosed up that you'd even have to think about that choice.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Freak Futanari posted:

It's hosed up that you'd even have to think about that choice.

I think you might be biased :ohdear:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tithin posted:

Naoya. gently caress God, he's a dick, you can run the place better than he can!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

code:
sizeof(hubris.height.dick);
=> 0
Also she voices Sasha Braus so she's automatically awesome.

Awww, oh well. At least I get to see more of the Persona 4 team and experience Minato in all his glory for the first time.

Yo I just wanna give shoutouts to this extremely sick burn and also say that Ken and Koromaru suck. Nocturne was the best one. Peace

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So I'm trying to play through 4 again, this time from scratch since I got up to iiebukuro and got stuck and lost and put the game down for so long that I forgot everything.

Decided to pick it back up and got up to minotaur and expected to grind for a while, on a whim went in and got my butt kicked, remembered how the fight worked, dropped sukukaja and takukaja and got a poison claw on the boss and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Got back over to medusa and expected to grind for a while, on a whim went in and got my butt kicked, remembered how the fight worked, went to fuse a spriggan with heal pleroma, magic plus and healing abilities, got a fusion failure and got a Gu Huo Niao which was 4 levels higher than my dude which was resistant to gun, this along with an erthys eating zionga and a kaso spamming sukukaja and takukaja made the fight a hillarious breeze.

Should I start playing on hard so I remember this game is actually difficult, because it feels like the game just kinda melted in my hands.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like there's nothing even difficult in the game on hard aside from minotaur, possibly medusa, and the fiend fights.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Zoness posted:

I feel like there's nothing even difficult in the game on hard aside from minotaur, possibly medusa, and the fiend fights.

Kenji is a real fucker.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Alabaster White posted:

Kenji is a real fucker.

In my playthrough I got really lost in blasted tokyo which had the unfortunate consequence of having my whole party have luster candy and debilitate.

Although realistically I had access to both of those attacking the mobster base.

The reason I find only the fiend fights difficult and the two early game ones is that the fiends punish you for buff stacking while early on buff stacking is difficult/impossible to do.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 16, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It depends, my friends who never played SMT then tried 4 think it's hard. I imagine if you know what spells to beeline for it gets easier.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It depends, my friends who never played SMT then tried 4 think it's hard. I imagine if you know what spells to beeline for it gets easier.

I never played SMT before 4 and it was pretty easy after Minotaur. (Medusa took one retry, the Minotaur about 4)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, 4's pretty simple overall. The only hard parts are the opening sections of the game since you still are both learning and getting all of your mechanics and monsters bit by bit, then you get past Medusa into Tokyo and the game both opens up and enemies become a lot less threatening. The DLC's hard too, but because the bosses are just loving stupid.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
My only attempt at Minotaur so far went as such: Blasted him with ice on first turn, enough to have him talk, :black101: ed him into reverence, then that fucker Walter cast Agi, making Minotaur smirk. On his turn, Minotaur chains 4 Labrys's chains, critting once each time and pummeling me into dust.
gently caress you, Walter. :commissar:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, 4's pretty simple overall. The only hard parts are the opening sections of the game since you still are both learning and getting all of your mechanics and monsters bit by bit, then you get past Medusa into Tokyo and the game both opens up and enemies become a lot less threatening. The DLC's hard too, but because the bosses are just loving stupid.

I actually liked the Angel DLC, but I feel like of all the fights in the game DLC included, the Fiend Fights are really interesting but finding said Fiends really takes all the fun out of the fights.

Also the fact that most of the Fiends fuse in sequence was kind of frustrating.

Also IIRC the Angels were pretty broken and it was especially dumb that one of the other DLCs was intended to be done with the named Seraphim from the Angel DLC.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 16, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

My only attempt at Minotaur so far went as such: Blasted him with ice on first turn, enough to have him talk, :black101: ed him into reverence, then that fucker Walter cast Agi, making Minotaur smirk. On his turn, Minotaur chains 4 Labrys's chains, critting once each time and pummeling me into dust.
gently caress you, Walter. :commissar:

Exact same thing happened to me. Walter's a shitheel.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

I actually liked the Angel DLC, but I feel like of all the fights in the game DLC included, the Fiend Fights are really interesting but finding said Fiends really takes all the fun out of the fights.

Also the fact that most of the Fiends fuse in sequence was kind of frustrating.

Also IIRC the Angels were pretty broken and it was especially dumb that one of the other DLCs was intended to be done with the named Seraphim from the Angel DLC.

The Angel's are fine, when I refer to the DLC being hard in an unfun way I am specifically referring to the three superbosses.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

The Angel's are fine, when I refer to the DLC being hard in an unfun way I am specifically referring to the three superbosses.

What's the bullshit with the DLC superbosses?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I never did them but I remember one is immune to everything? And I think the only way to beat it was with skills from the other DLC

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't speak for DDS, but it worked fine for Devil Summoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

What's the bullshit with the DLC superbosses?

Ancient of Days would be fine if it didn't have the gimmick of healing full health after every time you exploit its weakness. So that means you have to run a team that in no way takes advantage of wind, on top of this you can't debuff or buff yourself any more than two times or else he breaks it. FInally, he has some bullshit Almighty attack that I don't remember well that he would just never stop using and it would kill my team or my most crucial of teammates, Uriel. If you use Uriel and take advantage of bran, the fight becomes worlds easier, but unfortunately it can drop at any time, so if it drops right after you hit him with garudyne, he gets back all of his health.

Sanat is a piece of poo poo because he's a physical based boss who just shits all over your team. Gaea's Rage is the main thing to watch out for, as it could wipe out your whole team in no time and if any of your team had the unfortunate luck to survive, they could be lost so you are down a team member that you can't recover. On top of this he has Dark Energy which triples the attack of his next gun attack and then he will use myriad arrows and poop on your team again. A good strategy is to have at least one physical repel demon, but that only helps so much before the Gaea's Rage happens. His only weakness is Gun/Pierce attacks (Ironically enough) and thankfully unlike Ancient of Days, he doesn't have some dumb gimmick if you exploit it. He's also got Silent Prayer like Ancient of Days though, so you have to watch your buffs and debuffs.

Finally, there is Masakado who is the king of poo poo mountain. Okay so, Masakado is unlike Ancient of Days and Sanat in that... you cannot damage him with anything that isn't physical attacks. He drains all elemental attacks, so you are left with a building a team of entirely physical monsters. You need piercing skills to even hurt him with physical attacks and the Angels and Sanat whom you all get from previous DLC are basically going to be some of your best bets, especially since Sanat and Uriel have specific physical skills which make doing tons of damage to him much easier. So you need to pile on 18000 HP of damage on him in under 10 turns without your party dying. That 10 turns was not a typo, it is a battle with a time limit. He gets six press turns per turn (He'll waste a few moving) and can get 3 more with Guardian's Eye if he so drat well pleases. Has a special almighty attack which exploits any enemy weakness unless you have smirked your characters to avoid it. It always hits for a weakness, even if said weakness doesn't actually exist, you are getting poo poo on.