Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Dr.fabelove or how i learned appreciate the youngbucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

AkumaHokoru posted:

Dr.fabelove or how i learned appreciate the youngbucks

Dr. Youngbuck or How I learned to Stop Wrestling and Love the Superkick.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Dr. Youngbuck or How I learned to Stop Wrestling and Love the Superkick.

"Too Sweeting is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wade Barrett did almost an hour of Q&A on his twitter earlier. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

super macho dude posted:

"Too Sweeting is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."

"I do not avoid women, Roddy... but I do deny them the Meltzer Driver."

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!
If this ends with Major Kong riding a bomb with #TooSweet on it, I could die a happy man.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wade Barrett did almost an hour of Q&A on his twitter earlier. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Whoa I had no idea, thanks for the DL. First one I saw:

(I didn't think The Corre was that bad)

gently caress this is really good and it's midnight. I'm going to be up late reading all of this poo poo:

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tyson Tomko posted:

(I didn't think The Corre was that bad)

I missed pretty much that whole period, but drat when I went back and watched the 40 man Royal Rumble I was really interested and immediately invested in a Corre vs New Nexus feud. Punk and Barret were able to hook me immediately on the idea of two evil genius villains who hate each other going to war with their large stable of minions in a deadly game of wrestlechess. The brand split was virtually dead at that point anyway, the story of a cross-promotional gang war could have been a brilliant sendoff. Even if it just ended with Cena killing both guys again it still could have been a cool plotline and a triple threat between Barret, Punk and Cena could have been a MOTY candidate easily.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Aww, he still supports his Nexus buddy.

Yep yep yep, what it do.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

I missed pretty much that whole period, but drat when I went back and watched the 40 man Royal Rumble I was really interested and immediately invested in a Corre vs New Nexus feud. Punk and Barret were able to hook me immediately on the idea of two evil genius villains who hate each other going to war with their large stable of minions in a deadly game of wrestlechess. The brand split was virtually dead at that point anyway, the story of a cross-promotional gang war could have been a brilliant sendoff. Even if it just ended with Cena killing both guys again it still could have been a cool plotline and a triple threat between Barret, Punk and Cena could have been a MOTY candidate easily.

Too bad that pretty much WAS the blowoff. I hoped for the same thing too. New Nexus fizzled very shortly. The "pipebomb" promo really did in any chances we would see nexus vs corre.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lokipunk posted:

Too bad that pretty much WAS the blowoff. I hoped for the same thing too. New Nexus fizzled very shortly. The "pipebomb" promo really did in any chances we would see nexus vs corre.

The Corre was already broken up by the time the pipebomb happened, I think.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

The Corre was already broken up by the time the pipebomb happened, I think.

My memory of the background stuff from that era is hazy at best. I had a lot of hopes for that feud too.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The Corre was dead in the water after their match with Santino, Kozlov, and the other geeks at WrestleMania.

Also their shirt was stupid and they couldn't keep theme music for more than 2 weeks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

lokipunk posted:

New Nexus was pretty much disassembled over several weeks by Orton punting people off the show.

The Corre could've been good with a solid name like Cody instead of Zeke.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
I'm horrible at posting pictures but Barrett was asked who likes to talk to him about Football(Soccer) and Luke Harper was one of the names.

I like the idea of Harper in character chatting about the sport.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Kukash posted:

I'm horrible at posting pictures but Barrett was asked who likes to talk to him about Football(Soccer) and Luke Harper was one of the names.

I like the idea of Harper in character chatting about the sport.

Goal!!! Goal!!! Goal!!!!!!! *everyone is flipping out high fiving* "Oy, what do ya think about that Luke"

"I think the goalie has obvious issues and needs to sharpen up his game and other soccer talk"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tyson Tomko posted:

Goal!!! Goal!!! Goal!!!!!!! *everyone is flipping out high fiving* "Oy, what do ya think about that Luke"

"I think the goalie has obvious issues and needs to sharpen up his game and other soccer talk"

"The trouble with Arsenal is that they always try to walk it in :stare:"

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
The entire Nexus saga leading to the Corre and beyond, was quite simply a string of wasted potential. The only crowning achievement was the initial destructive debut, which caught everybody by surprise, and it was all downhill from there.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

"The trouble with Arsenal is that they always try to walk it in :stare:"

:golfclap:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Bhester posted:

The Corre was dead in the water after their match with Santino, Kozlov, and the other geeks at WrestleMania.

I was so loving mad that they had a 4 vs 4 match that ended up being shorter than goddamn Warrior v Helmsley. Just mercilessly made the Corre look like complete tools.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Perry Normal posted:

I was so loving mad that they had a 4 vs 4 match that ended up being shorter than goddamn Warrior v Helmsley. Just mercilessly made the Corre look like complete tools.

hey look man lawler vs. michael loving cole needed that full 30 minutes and they had to shorten some stuff

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

We must all remember that this was a period of Lawler vs. Cole and R-Truth main eventing. It was dark times until the pipe bomb.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
r-truth owns and is on the same level or better than many recent main eventers

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nerokerubina posted:

r-truth owns and is on the same level or better than many recent main eventers

kane and big show aren't main eventers so this is false on every level

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
R Truth's heel run was amazing and hilarious so of course they turned him face and rendered him a nobody again as soon as possible. Beating up people with water bottles, insulting all the dumbass little Jimmies in the crowd, coming out in a colonel outfit, it all ruled. His promo about MITB is legendary. He has acro AND arachnophobia!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

R-Truth has probably the most depressing ratio of actual talent to utilized talent on the roster. I don't know if that's on him or the writers (or both), but the increasingly rare flashes of brilliance from the guy make it all the more irritating.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

R-Truth being good mates with Vince backstage is one of the most surreal aspects of the wrestling business.

Moreso when you consider his stop-start pushes. (R-Truth was the one who broke Bo's streak. Never stop Bolieving!)

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Moreso when you consider his stop-start pushes. (R-Truth was the one who broke Bo's streak. Never stop Bolieving!)

Truth gets weird wins a lot of the time. Like in the build up to Ryback+Heyman/Punk he got a win over Ryback.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Come on guys, don't curse on Twitter. Kids are on the internet!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Every once in a while I remember that r-truth headlined a PPV against John Cena and I laugh and laugh.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I remember the one time where R-Truth beat down Morrison after a match, grabbed a pack of cigarettes from someone in the crowd, lit one, then blew the smoke onto John Morrison's prostrated body like some kind of bizarre tribal ritual. It ruled.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Cabbit posted:

R-Truth has probably the most depressing ratio of actual talent to utilized talent on the roster. I don't know if that's on him or the writers (or both), but the increasingly rare flashes of brilliance from the guy make it all the more irritating.

His initial TNA work opposite Steamboat was really good as well, guy is a very strong heel when given a chance to be.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Stealth Tiger posted:

I remember the one time where R-Truth beat down Morrison after a match, grabbed a pack of cigarettes from someone in the crowd, lit one, then blew the smoke onto John Morrison's prostrated body like some kind of bizarre tribal ritual. It ruled.

Morrison selling the smoke like he was being electrocuted was what made this perhaps my favorite heel turn of all time.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

That heel turn was also helped by the people in the front row of the crowd (I think it was in London) loudly shouting "THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best part of that heel turn is that Truth was 100% justified in turning on Morrison.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
R Truth was shooting in that angle I think. It was all a shoot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just love that period where Truth attacked and injured a returning John Morrison like 4 straight times.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best part of that was the crowd chanting "THAT'S ILL-E-GAL!" (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Somebody should make a diagram or chart or something similarly nerdy how many times over the years a face was 100% justified in turning on a friend in WWE. WWE seems to be really bad at establishing empathy for the guy being turned on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Lance Storm attempts humor.