Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

For anyone on the fence, I bought Dungeon of the Endless and it owns hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Pumprag posted:

Is Sim City 4 good?

Yeah, but it's kind of weird. Instead of a mega-city you make several smaller districts which make up a mega-city.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Leadthumb posted:

For anyone on the fence, I bought Dungeon of the Endless and it owns hard.

it's good for long silences then complete catastrophe, all your cool farkin space dominoes knocked all over by your big dicked cousin Derek

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Is Arcanum: Whatever, Whatever, worth playing?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pumprag posted:

Is Sim City 4 good?

It is literally the best Sim City.

Dec 26, 2012

BgRdMchne posted:

Is Arcanum: Whatever, Whatever, worth playing?

its definitely worth a try yeah

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

01011001 posted:

its definitely worth a try yeah

Cool. Is it more story driven like Planescape or more 2nd ed. ruleset driven like Baldur's Gate?

Dec 26, 2012

closest comparison is probably fallout/2 rather than either of those

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pumprag posted:

Is Sim City 4 good?

yes but iirc you have to 3rd-party patch it because there's a bug, something to do with traffic and commuters, which will gently caress your city up hardcore if it's connected to neighbors

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

in teh new fire emblem can u mix ad match the voices on the player character like in saints row this is the deciding factor of me getting this game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Poniard posted:

in teh new fire emblem can u mix ad match the voices on the player character like in saints row this is the deciding factor of me getting this game

yeah but not between sexes and the character customization is not wide at all

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

fffuck
i like having wrong voices in video game it is funny to me

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Poniard posted:

fffuck
i like having wrong voices in video game it is funny to me

i don't think it'd have a lot of lines

*burly guy* chrom, i.. i love you

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

it should

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Is the saints row 4 gotyc edition worth the extra $2.50?

e:Or is there like 1 or 2 pieces of dlc that are worth getting on their own

memy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 15, 2015

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Is Endless Legend good, or not good?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

memy posted:

Is the saints row 4 gotyc edition worth the extra $2.50?

e:Or is there like 1 or 2 pieces of dlc that are worth getting on their own

for 2.50$ yes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Spiral Knights any fun or is it just another grindy f2p game with boring gameplay and nothing else to it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

chumbler posted:

Is Spiral Knights any fun or is it just another grindy f2p game with boring gameplay and nothing else to it?

its bad

Dec 26, 2012

i havent thought about it in years but i stopped because its pretty shallow and after awhile crafting becomes a chore on top of that. dont bother

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

Is Endless Legend good, or not good?

Like all 4X games it is pretty decently fun and well-balanced despite having lots of interesting choices, but there's absolutely no multiplayer community to speak of so you will never, ever, have a challenging match unless you somehow find friends to play it with you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

chumbler posted:

Yet another overhyped indie platformer turd with SNES graphics. I suggest staying away.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Yet another overhyped indie platformer turd with SNES graphics. I suggest staying away.

I think you're thinking of a completely different game

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Mighty Switch Force and Mighty Switch Force 2?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Heran Bago posted:

Mighty Switch Force and Mighty Switch Force 2?

very good

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Elite Dangerous looks very pretty, but 1) what do you do in the game 2) is it easy to learn and 3) do i need a joystick?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Elite Dangerous looks very pretty, but 1) what do you do in the game 2) is it easy to learn and 3) do i need a joystick?

1)fly around and trade or shoot stuff 2)yeah not too bad 3) you can use your 360 controller

Check it out it like a month or two and see if it grabs you more. Like don't buy unless you rly want it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is guilty gear xrd a good game to get back into fighting games with?

i had fun with injustice but the characters felt too slow for me. i want something that plays fluidly and looks great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i have only played the xrd demo and never any other guilty gear game but it plays like other arc sys games (persona and blazblu is what I've had experience with). Technical and fast paced if you can learn the kinda strange mechanics. Also it looks really drat good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really hope SF5 is compatible with my PS3 stick. I don't want to buy a new one

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
If you've played arc system works games before it's really easy to jump back in on xrd.

If you haven't they're not as complex as they sound, ASW just have some dumb terminology they insist on using. Perfect guard and roman cancels are the only really messed up things compared to street fighter.

E: yeah it's really fast so if you have old man hands blazblue feels a little slower paced but just as technical, also it isn't as cool

thuly fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 17, 2015

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

thuly posted:

If you've played arc system works games before it's really easy to jump back in on xrd.

If you haven't they're not as complex as they sound, ASW just have some dumb terminology they insist on using. Perfect guard and roman cancels are the only really messed up things compared to street fighter.

E: yeah it's really fast so if you have old man hands blazblue feels a little slower paced but just as technical, also it isn't as cool

Xrd got rid of a bunch of gay poo poo that was in AC+R like slashback and force breaks, and roman cancels are less complicated than EX focus cancels in SF4, so I'd argue that Xrd and Guilty Gear in general probably isn't much harder to learn than Street Fighter.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

is guilty gear xrd a good game to get back into fighting games with?

i had fun with injustice but the characters felt too slow for me. i want something that plays fluidly and looks great.

yes

xrd is really good and has a great tutorial, just do that and you'll be fine.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

xrd ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
xrd has really nice models that look like sprites. it's an interesting design choice that paid off

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
is dark dreams don't die worth the hard drive space on the xbone? ive been looking for a game to scratch the deadly premonition itch

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I haven't played any of the far crys, should I just play 4?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How is Lightning Returns?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

thuly posted:

yes. i started the series at 3 and enjoyed 4 a lot more than i did 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

thuly posted:

I haven't played 2 or 4 but 1 and 3 are fun. 1 was made by different people though so it's a more traditional modern fps. It's linear, but you do have some freedom to explore. There's something that happens about 1/3 to 1/2 way into the game that causes a lot of people to quit for some reason, but the game is fine the whole way through. 3 is open world and has lots of Ubisoft open world padding collectables but you can just ignore them and it's a fun game.

• Locked thread