Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Dread owns, you won't regret putting time, a potato and forma into it. Mod it for crits(of course) and you'll see silly red numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

How many ducats have the weapons been with the past couple of void traders? I've never been and the new Gorgon sounds like something I want, especially if they've changed a lot of the visual/audio aspects.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What's the deal with all the pubbies running around with only melee weapons? I'm mostly using them to level for mastery and coptering around the place, because they seem pretty useless compared to shooting people in the face. I feel I'm missing something.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Are the Void Trader weapons tradeable?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Fat Samurai posted:

What's the deal with all the pubbies running around with only melee weapons? I'm mostly using them to level for mastery and coptering around the place, because they seem pretty useless compared to shooting people in the face. I feel I'm missing something.

If you only have one weapon equipped it gains affinity faster.

Brainbread posted:

Are the Void Trader weapons tradeable?

Yes they are.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Dread is apparently good as far as bows go but it has the same problem they all have. You're using a slow chargeup weapon against hordes of small poo poo that will die if you just look at them funny. There are instances where lots of enemies will charge at you single file or you need to put out the big crits but those are few and far between and you're generally better off just using something that's fully automatic or at least burst fire capable. And that's why I hate sniper rifles, revolvers, and bows in this game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
On the other hand if you can't impale at least two enemies with every bow shot you make, I dunno what to tell you.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
^ that is not enough to make snipers and bows good.

A flying piece of posted:

I just started playing this again, and I think my biggest complaint is how often I get put into a group with one dude who just rips through the whole level while the other three people just struggle to keep up.

Buy an Amphis and become fast.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Denzine posted:

If you only have one weapon equipped it gains affinity faster.

I know. It still feels like gimping yourself on purpose, thus me wondering if they are really awesome and I should actually bother to use them instead of carpet bombing everything with an Attica/Penta.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Apparently there are more good melee weapons than the last time i started playing, but not like a ton more or anything.

I really like the Redeemer and the Jat Killag and they definitely at least feel awesome, and i highly anticipate Galatine Prime

Of course, getting stance mods is a pain in the rear end which sucks

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
How hard is it to farm the stance for Glaives? I'm wondering if I should just buy it off someone.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

RottenK posted:

How hard is it to farm the stance for Glaives? I'm wondering if I should just buy it off someone.

Gleaming Talon is a rare stance mod that drops off of Leech Ospreys, which are somehow rarer than Oxium Ospreys, and Sapping Ospreys, which drop jack-all in all the time I've been killing the poo poo out of them. There's a reason Gleaming Talon's rare as hell.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

SaffronKit posted:

Here I, TheEvilKit, made a pink angry skinned cat frame drawing for you.

Fish Noise posted:

Hi, I'm Meckell, and this is Jackass.

And we have our final two winners. :toot:
Enjoy your murdert tool reskins.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

tlarn posted:

Gleaming Talon is a rare stance mod that drops off of Leech Ospreys, which are somehow rarer than Oxium Ospreys, and Sapping Ospreys, which drop jack-all in all the time I've been killing the poo poo out of them. There's a reason Gleaming Talon's rare as hell.

When I was even more of a newbie someone gave me Gleaming Talon for a core or some other stance in the clan, so maybe ask around!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

tlarn posted:

gently caress

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Fat Samurai posted:

I know. It still feels like gimping yourself on purpose, thus me wondering if they are really awesome and I should actually bother to use them instead of carpet bombing everything with an Attica/Penta.

Because you are gimping yourself. I haven't leveled a weapon that way in ages, I have one that's maxed and modded that i use and the rest are poo poo I'm carrying for leveling. It's slower but it doesn't make me want to kill myself so I consider it worth it. Or go all out and do void defense as a Mesa with completely unranked weapons 'cause you're not gonna use 'em anyway.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Hello help i signed up for the clan but haven't gotten an invite after a few days?? I was in before but have been inactive for like months only to come back after my boy Jeff G recommended it.

Also for content: is the Tetra at all something I should bother with? I like the noise it makes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Tetra is sort of like a Boltor but silent so it isn't all that bad. I don't really get why people don't like it because it's a perfectly viable weapon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I like the Tetra just fine. It's not a particularly exciting weapon in the grand scheme of things, but it's a perfectly serviceable alternative to something like the Karak or Boltor as a post-Braton "what next" gun.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Morglon posted:

Because you are gimping yourself. I haven't leveled a weapon that way in ages, I have one that's maxed and modded that i use and the rest are poo poo I'm carrying for leveling. It's slower but it doesn't make me want to kill myself so I consider it worth it. Or go all out and do void defense as a Mesa with completely unranked weapons 'cause you're not gonna use 'em anyway.

Pubbies are bad, got it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fat Samurai posted:

Pubbies are bad, got it.

Never pub if you can help it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Hello help i signed up for the clan but haven't gotten an invite after a few days?? I was in before but have been inactive for like months only to come back after my boy Jeff G recommended it.

Also for content: is the Tetra at all something I should bother with? I like the noise it makes.

Its damage is pretty weak and the bullets have travel time. It looks nice and has a good sound effect and the reloading animation is also nifty so use it up if you enjoy the style. With a few Forma it can be a pretty good weapon. I personally like the Dera more because of the laser spam.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Helter Skelter posted:

I'll toss you an alliance invite tomorrow sometime.

I know you said this, but just posting a reminder that Chop Bros would like to ally with the goon guild, thanks.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Penpal posted:

How many ducats have the weapons been with the past couple of void traders? I've never been and the new Gorgon sounds like something I want, especially if they've changed a lot of the visual/audio aspects.

There's been no void trader weapons yet, just mods and some cosmetics. Items have been in the 300 ducat area.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

necrobobsledder posted:

There's been no void trader weapons yet, just mods and some cosmetics. Items have been in the 300 ducat area.

There was the Mara Detron, but that was such a minor upgrade to a already rather lame gun I don't blame you for forgetting it. It costed 500 Ducats and 200k credits

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

wid posted:

Its damage is pretty weak and the bullets have travel time. It looks nice and has a good sound effect and the reloading animation is also nifty so use it up if you enjoy the style. With a few Forma it can be a pretty good weapon. I personally like the Dera more because of the laser spam.

The Dera is objectively worse though. Yeah it fires faster but it does less damage per shot and the magazine is smaller. Which is a shame because it's a nice looking gun.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This game looks fairly intimidating to get into with all the poo poo that's in it. Is the op guide still good for getting a start?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mostly, yeah. There have been a few additions since I last updated it, but nothing that should affect the newbie experience too much. If you have any questions that don't seem to be covered, feel free to ask 'em here or in clan chat once you have access.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Mostly, yeah. There have been a few additions since I last updated it, but nothing that should affect the newbie experience too much. If you have any questions that don't seem to be covered, feel free to ask 'em here or in clan chat once you have access.

Cool. I don't have to dump a ton of time all the time yo play with goons do I? That's what kept me out of most mmos/team games in general.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

There's an achievement for completing 10 missions with only a melee weapon equipped. It gives you nothing other than a message saying you completed it. It's not even in the Steam achievements, just on your profile in game.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ZenVulgarity posted:

Cool. I don't have to dump a ton of time all the time yo play with goons do I? That's what kept me out of most mmos/team games in general.
Only as much as you feel like. We are an exceptionally laid back bunch most of the time.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Question:

Just picked this up after not playing for a while, not really seeing many goons on ps4. Does pc have a more active player base? And if I do try out the pc version there is no way to xfer from ps4>pc is there?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There's at least 20 people at all times in clan, bunch more in alliance. There are of course times when not much happens but you'll always find people for alerts and it's rare that you can't really get at least someone for void poo poo.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
He's talking about PC, btw. They mentioned account transfers in the last devstream, but I wasn't watching, so I don't know if they meant only PC -> console (as in the past) or either way.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Morglon posted:

Dread is apparently good as far as bows go but it has the same problem they all have. You're using a slow chargeup weapon against hordes of small poo poo that will die if you just look at them funny. There are instances where lots of enemies will charge at you single file or you need to put out the big crits but those are few and far between and you're generally better off just using something that's fully automatic or at least burst fire capable. And that's why I hate sniper rifles, revolvers, and bows in this game.
It's fine vs hordes of stuff as long as you put vile accel or gunslinger in it. A big thing is you don't have to charge it much at all to instakill stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 16, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Feindfeuer posted:

And we have our final two winners. :toot:
Enjoy your murdert tool reskins.

Oh man thanks! Now I know what it's like to unwrap a gift, that's a pretty cool animation I gotta say.

RottenK posted:

gently caress

Yo don't worry about that, I've got a couple spares of Gleaming Talon if you want one, just hit me, TheEvilKit, up in clan chat if you see me, I'll be on until at least 6pm EST today.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This is why the goon clan is the best.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We are such wonderful people :3:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Is there anyone with new frames that wanted to play? Can I play with much higher level guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is there anyone with new frames that wanted to play? Can I play with much higher level guys?

You can play with anybody. You can go to high level missions and get carried and get a lot of experience and loot. This is highly recommended.