Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It was inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It was Red Warrior's Destiny. :getin:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Rage on Autobots! :kamina:

Caros posted:

Just ribbing you. I like parts of destiny, so I am no one to judge.

I will throw myself on my own sword defending Athrun as the most sane and rational of the protagonists in Destiny. We all have our dumb windmills to fight. It's part of being a Gundam fan.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thats just prime.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You know, I guess Just Fly Away does have a memorable line. WOH OH OH OH
You can tell how good a Gundam OP is by whether or not there's a part you can spam in all-caps.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It was inevitable.

Gunpla is the right of all sentient beings.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The only part of Age I remember is flit growing up to be an old space racist grandpa.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

nuru posted:

The only part of Age I remember is flit growing up to be an old space racist grandpa.

I remember way too much about AGE. My favorite part was the plotline about the Exa-DB that was irrelevant and failed even by AGE's extraordinary standards of irrelevant failure.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
My favorite part of Age was the cleaning lady romantic sub-plot with the genoace pilot that had no connection at all to the main story.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

nuru posted:

Flit being space racist grandpa is actually one of the story beats that make more sense than they intended it to because boy howdy are the Vagans some Saturday Morning Cartoon villains.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Someone went and recolored the Transient to lead Gundam colors. It's easier to comprehend like this; the arms and thighs are from the Exia, the torso is kind of a Exia-00Q mashup, and everything else is just scratchbuilt stuff that adheres to the general design elements of Setsuna's suits.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a writeup or post-mortem somewhere about the fall of Gundam Age?

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Someone went and recolored the Transient to lead Gundam colors. It's easier to comprehend like this; the arms and thighs are from the Exia, the torso is kind of a Exia-00Q mashup, and everything else is just scratchbuilt stuff that adheres to the general design elements of Setsuna's suits.

To be specific the arms and legs are from the Exia R2 or R3 with some small modification, most notably on the outside part of the arm. The original Exia had exposed cabling on the upper arm and front of the thighs that isn't visible on the arms and legs in the later repairs.

Have to say, I'm a real big fan of the two 00 mods that they'd shown off this series. Both this and the fairy looking triple drive model are really shnazy looking suits.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Caros posted:

To be specific the arms and legs are from the Exia R2 or R3 with some small modification, most notably on the outside part of the arm. The original Exia had exposed cabling on the upper arm and front of the thighs that isn't visible on the arms and legs in the later repairs.

Have to say, I'm a real big fan of the two 00 mods that they'd shown off this series. Both this and the fairy looking triple drive model are really shnazy looking suits.

The Exia Repair 3 is pretty obvious in the chest. It makes a lot of sense, considering that the guy who runs Transient openly wants to become the 4th Meijin and is not shy about it at all. He's basically made his own version of the Amazing Exia/Exia Dark Matter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

nuru posted:

Is there a writeup or post-mortem somewhere about the fall of Gundam Age?

poo poo was like "drat let's try and be MSG , Z and ZZ all in one show!" and then loving forgot how to make good things or draw well. The End.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was written by a guy that only ever does video game stories.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gearhead posted:

The Exia Repair 3 is pretty obvious in the chest. It makes a lot of sense, considering that the guy who runs Transient openly wants to become the 4th Meijin and is not shy about it at all. He's basically made his own version of the Amazing Exia/Exia Dark Matter.

Personally I think the name transient gundam would have been better on a hobo exia build.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Caros posted:

Personally I think the name transient gundam would have been better on a hobo exia build.

Considering that his sister's is called Portent, it seems like they're going for a theme of 'time' with their Gunpla. It makes me kinda wonder if we're going to find out that The End is a placeholder machine. It doesn't actually fit the theme of the other two models much, being more of a fusion of Master Gundam and Gundam Deathscythe Hell. (Though I'm really uncertain about the chest of the machine.)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gearhead posted:

Considering that his sister's is called Portent, it seems like they're going for a theme of 'time' with their Gunpla. It makes me kinda wonder if we're going to find out that The End is a placeholder machine. It doesn't actually fit the theme of the other two models much, being more of a fusion of Master Gundam and Gundam Deathscythe Hell. (Though I'm really uncertain about the chest of the machine.)

I'm still not sure Saga is the guy who traumatized Yuuma. The short clip of the guy from the second episode had long black hair and if anything looks like evil Jigen Haoh guy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ethiser posted:

I'm still not sure Saga is the guy who traumatized Yuuma. The short clip of the guy from the second episode had long black hair and if anything looks like evil Jigen Haoh guy.
That seems to be what they're hinting at, yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saga is credited in that episode and the voice actor is the same. Unless that is an intentional misdirection it is him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Saga is credited in that episode and the voice actor is the same. Unless that is an intentional misdirection it is him.

Well they must not have decided on his character model yet or he really decided to reinvent his looks.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gearhead posted:

TVTropes (I know, I know) mentions that it "seems to have elements of the Hydra Gundam, Deathscythe Hell, Devil Gundam, Regnant, Superbia GN-X," and the custom revolvers. it's also resembles the Master Gundam when it's cloaked, and the shoulders opening during its final attack is reminiscent of the Shining Gundam going into Super Mode.

So it's basically a big mishmash mess of G, Wing and 00 elements. Plus custom revolvers.

Namewise, "The End" could fit with the time theme if it's referring to the end of time or the end of all things.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

W.T. Fits posted:

TVTropes (I know, I know) mentions that it "seems to have elements of the Hydra Gundam, Deathscythe Hell, Devil Gundam, Regnant, Superbia GN-X," and the custom revolvers. it's also resembles the Master Gundam when it's cloaked, and the shoulders opening during its final attack is reminiscent of the Shining Gundam going into Super Mode.

So it's basically a big mishmash mess of G, Wing and 00 elements. Plus custom revolvers.

Namewise, "The End" could fit with the time theme if it's referring to the end of time or the end of all things.

I'm thinking that the suit's 'real' form is the uncloaked mode where he never actually fought. There was that funny, purple glow...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Not only that but his building style matches and Yuuma immediately recognized him from his fighting style. Plus, more than anything, there's really no point in having Yuuma spend 3 episodes under the assumption that Saga is him, both getting angry as hell about it and then getting over that anger and challenging him. What would be the point of having it be someone else?

Ethiser posted:

Well they must not have decided on his character model yet or he really decided to reinvent his looks.

Honestly, given that Saga is actually turning out to be a lot less of a dick than the flashback suggests I'm thinking the face in the flashback is just supposed to be how Yuuma imagined Saga looked based on what Saga had said to him and how Saga had fought.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So I was rewatching some GBF1 episodes and the 2nd OP reminded me that I was pretty disappointed there turned out to be no 'Volcano' field for battle.

I wonder if (hope that) Try will have one.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New episode's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACX05hZ86s

Sakai: still such a goon. :allears:

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 21, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Sakai is the funniest character in the show and Star Winning is loving awesome. :allears:

Also a glimmer of actual teamwork once again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakai's still being the biggest goon, Mirai's beam magnum stage presence, Yuuma rolling off well with Sekai, Fumina treating Yuuma like a childhood buddy would (looks like you have a lot of new rivals yuuma :smug:), pretty cool fight that showed off the illusive thing called teamwork while showing off the new suits and some cameos thrown in for good measure. Pretty good episode for whats essentially one thats suppose to set the stage for the bigger fights.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
And it opens with the Meijin invoking the G Gundam Announcer.

Though how strangely in synch these two lunatics are makes me wonder just what their relationship is. Could love have blossomed on the Gunpla battlefield (again) in the past 7 years?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I like the new Star Winning's weapon style. It's a little bit different than "another giant beam."

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I cannot contain my excitement for Sakai's Zoids Gunpla.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So the Star Winning's gimmick is still exploding - it just does it in the other guy's face. :black101:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So from the brackets we know that Team Try is going to fight the renato triplets next, followed by Junya's team afterwards. The gunpla academy doesn't look like they have any known fights before the semi-finals. Karima is going to end up jobbing to the nemesis boy in the final round of their pools unless he jobs first somehow. And minato should sail easily in their own pool. I'm guessing it'll be Minato's team vs Team Try and Nemesis vs Academy in the semi finals and then the obvious final.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Holy crap, the animation quality jumped up, and it's not like the show had bad animation before.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yuuma chasing down the Arios may have been the standard 'mating snakes' animation-saving technique, but it did seem to have a little something extra to it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently all the school names are mostly based after other sunrise properties. Other gundams, Valvrave, MyHiME and even Love Live are represented among a lot of other things.

About the animation quality, Obari's been mentioning for a while that the next episode was taking up all of his time so he couldn't contribute to other things like the op, so expect it to be awesome.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 21, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hahaha, the elevator scene was one of the goddamn funniest scenes a in BF to date.

Honestly that episode was really good. The character worked together and used actual tactics, everyone got to do something, it was funny as hell... basically literally my only complaint is they couldn't let Yuu get his kill because they had to end the fight with "Yuu Shoots, Fumina pins down, Sekai Jigen Haohs again" for some reason. Felt kinda weird considering Fumina and Sekai both got to wreck their respective opponent. Even that I can't really complain about too much though because they worked together as a team to disable the final opponent instead of just making it 1v1 for the entire match!

Logicblade posted:

I cannot contain my excitement for Sakai's Zoids Gunpla.

Nah, son.

Super Robot Combiner Parts.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 21, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth Walrus posted:

Yuuma chasing down the Arios may have been the standard 'mating snakes' animation-saving technique, but it did seem to have a little something extra to it.

It was the constant perspective rotation around the asteroid field as the camera followed the snakes, I think. It added a lot of life to the fight and helped really emphasize that the two were moving REALLY REALLY FAST and making super high speed maneuvers; normally 'mating snake' animation sequences completely forget to give the motion a sense of scale or speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Still watching but I loved the RX Rifle/Unicorn Magnum sound effect when Mirai appeared. :v:

• Locked thread