Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Stormageddon posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to find actual sources for independent attacks, but the only things I'm seeing reported on by major outlets is the non casualty attack on the mosques.

So people aren't "literally killing Islamic innocents" over the Hebdo attack?

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

spacetoaster posted:

So people aren't "literally killing Islamic innocents" over the Hebdo attack?

Considering they're throwing grenades at mosques, it's not for a lack of trying.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Selachian posted:

The conservative Pope hatred is just boiling over now that he's announced he's stepping into the global warming fight this year.

(also: that's a really lovely caricature of Francis. He's got some lines in his face, but he doesn't have huge saggy jowls like that.)

I think they're still drawing John Paul II.

Stormageddon posted:

Considering they're throwing grenades at mosques, it's not for a lack of trying.

Plaster grenades, not real weapons. They don't cause too much damage and they're non-lethal.

It's still vandalism and hate crime, of course, but it's not going as far as trying to actually kill people. It's just trying, successfully, to be terrible assholes.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I do love how Cagle's Obama always looks so fed up with everything and stressed. Being the president is a hard job.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

OldMemes posted:

I do love how Cagle's Obama always looks so fed up with everything and stressed. Being the president is a hard job.

Everyone hates everything you do after you get elected from both sides all the time and you are the figurehead of that entire country doing whatever personal belief to try to make sure the people that hate you don't die of a number of ways.

That sounds loving horrible even with all the things that comes with it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Trigger warning.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

How anti-semetic, there's no stripes near the star of david.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Post 9-11 User posted:

Trigger warning.

Look at the size of that nose. Tsk tsk.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Post 9-11 User posted:

Trigger warning.

There are what appear to be blood stains on some of that rubble, this anti-semitic cartoonist is clearly invoking the blood libel.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

vyelkin posted:

Target is closing in Canada after a few years of failing to establish a niche with consumers.

Not my Zellers! :qq:

Meanwhile no one's talking about the weaponization of boomerangs...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dick Trauma posted:

And now Latuff chat dovetails nicely with Wright chat. I can die happy now.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

It is January 16, 2015, and this is the second, "Obama is a Muslim" comic by a published cartoonist. The previous one flat out said that Obama is the prophet of Islam. New category?

One wonders if they're bringing out the classics for the last two years of Obama's presidency. Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, anyone?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

vyelkin posted:

Target is closing in Canada after a few years of failing to establish a niche with consumers.

:swoon:

Dick Trauma posted:

Not my Zellers! :qq:

As visual metaphors go, that is actually pretty excellent. Flying Wing + coming back to bite you...

If only it weren't victim blaming.

Muscle Tracer fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 16, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Friendly reminder Latuff literally believes this :

But no, he is a serious artist with serious and well developed opinions

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

I can't tell if you are joking or not. Publishing in the same year may be poor taste but that cartoon is perfect

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WitchFetish posted:

Before they could reach their guns that one of them was holding.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

WitchFetish posted:

That's a great comic, actually.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ah, I knew I had seen this mugshot before.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Please politoon thread people, I beg you, don't start a chat on whether the US deserved 9/11.

Didn't Deep Hurting get banned from the thread because all of his cartoons caused massive derails? makes u think

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I legit can't tell if Latuff means for that cartoon to presented genuinely or if it's a hilarious reversal on the age-old "Bible saved man from bullets" mythology that has been present since Dumas and active on major news sites as recently as 2014. I'd have to guess that he's presenting it genuinely, in which case it's still funny, but because of the embarrassment factor.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Muscle Tracer posted:

loving lol.

He is gonna get an ornery letter from Ted Rall over that first panel.

Meanwhile to the surprise of no one, Dude-This-Is-Gav jumps on the bandwagon in the most facile way possible.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bicyclops posted:

I legit can't tell if Latuff means for that cartoon to presented genuinely or if it's a hilarious reversal on the age-old "Bible saved man from bullets" mythology that has been present since Dumas and active on major news sites as recently as 2014. I'd have to guess that he's presenting it genuinely, in which case it's still funny, but because of the embarrassment factor.

It's one page of a long-form comic about a hero insurgent who kills American soldiers. There's no irony here.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I also want Gerald Scarfe to draw a moving picture cartoon about Deep Hurting slowly becoming angrier and angrier in the face of goon criticism. Maybe I just want a Gerald Scarfe cartoon of everything, to be honest.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Except for the inherent irony that comes with subverting the traditional superhero comic/war film format

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

:thejoke:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seeing as there is still doubt on whether or not Latuff is a dumb loving idiot who romanticizes literal terrorists in the most laughable way possible, allow me to post the rest of the series :

*unsheathes dragunov* My my, looks like we have some pesky americans here. Time to show you the dark power of Juba the baghdad sniper...
*kills all americans*
*adjusts keffiyeh*
"Eh, nothing personel kid..."

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Given all the Latuffchat over the past few days, I might have missed it, but I don't think I saw anyone point out that Gorrell seems to have decided to get the leading nominee for the 2015 Gay Abortion for Laziest Cartoon out of the way early this year, so that he can focus on winning the other categories.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WitchFetish posted:

Seeing as there is still doubt on whether or not Latuff is a dumb loving idiot who romanticizes literal terrorists in the most laughable way possible, allow me to post the rest of the series :

*unsheathes dragunov* My my, looks like we have some pesky americans here. Time to show you the dark power of Juba the baghdad sniper...
*kills all americans*
*adjusts keffiyeh*

Reminder that American troops literally pissed on the bodies of dead combatants.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

zoux posted:

Reminder that American troops literally pissed on the bodies of dead combatants.

That is bad, and romanticizing people who kill Iraqis is bad, and... maybe romanticizing people who kill Americans is bad, too? I'm... confused.... which one is the good guy who i should romanticize.... :psyduck:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

alnilam posted:

That is bad, and romanticizing people who kill Iraqis is bad, and... maybe romanticizing people who kill Americans is bad, too? I'm... confused.... which one is the good guy who i should romanticize.... :psyduck:

Latuff.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Actually I think the answer is Ted Rall.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Given all the Latuffchat over the past few days, I might have missed it, but I don't think I saw anyone point out that Gorrell seems to have decided to get the leading nominee for the 2015 Gay Abortion for Laziest Cartoon out of the way early this year, so that he can focus on winning the other categories.

No loving way did this happened already this year:aaa:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

alnilam posted:

romanticizing people who kill Americans is bad, too?

It actually isn't.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

WitchFetish posted:

*kills all americans*
*adjusts keffiyeh*

I'm still not seeing why I'm supposed to think this guy is dumb from these fuckin' awesome comix.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

alnilam posted:

It's OK I don't understand the concept of satire either.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So what happens when Juba goes head to head with Zed?

Battle for the ages.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This is the third completely blank cartoon this guy has submitted to his editor. How the gently caress does he still have a job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

no loving way

• Locked thread